Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1288085 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Only1babadee: 12:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
CassieV:

I tried that with 7.5,8,7.5,7 and got a 435.
How does the provincial nomination work?
At the expense of not sounding too gloomy, PNP is a long route, maybe more expensive depending on province, and above all your stay/residence status is restricted to the province that nominate you. Try max out here, IELTS can give you more boost as your simulation scores here still can be optimized. There's a thread for PNP on nairaland here

https://www.nairaland.com/4180147/all-canadian-provincial-nominee-programs/1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Hafsat24(f): 12:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
Abbylee:
1. The school should send it sealed.
2. Use the comprehensive ranking tool (google it) to check your scores, play with the different components of the ielts to see how it affects your score. Highest score ielts can give you is to get 8.5,8,7.5,7.5 in listening, reading,writing and speaking.
3. I think your marriage certificate should do the trick for the maiden name part and a one and the same affidavit should address the third name issue
4. I think that should suffice.

Others please weigh in.

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koonlay5: 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2017
lol Bros...

elfmann:
After reading for months, Chai.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Only1babadee: 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
Elle78:
Join the queue. Hubby and I are waiting for verification as well. NASU be pouring sand n our garri.

Lol.... You have to employ all means ni o, both orthodox and unorthodox. I don't know the difficulty in verifying. I monitored mine bumper to bumper.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Hafsat24(f): 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
optionese:

Go to page 0 of this thread and read the link.

Thank you..i just realised i missed a few links on there..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
ITABABE:
. Pele/ Ndo I am sure our AORs are close. I am still waiting as well since May in Ottawa though , not London.

Thank you my sister. Same to you as well, I didn’t know Ottawa too is exhibiting bad behaviour smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2017
Kontagious:
Do you have your ECA/IELTS ready? If any or both isn't, that gives a bit of time to persuade your parents, or friends.

It is my opinion that disposing landed property is not really a good option, especially when you're disposing not to acquire another. Yours being at a choice location should be a factor for you to hold on to the property. That said, I'd rather have you ask your fiance than dispose the property. If your fiance has capacity to help, please ask. You guys are building a life together, asking for help shouldn't be a tough call.

The six months holding period isn't really necessary, you can look at a lesser period if you find a willing party to help.
Completely agree with U, I don't fancy the idea of disposing the property at all, if ur fiance is capable, pls just ask I believe in the end both parties will still benefit.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Myredeemerlives: 1:23pm On Dec 06, 2017
Please who can help me with contact in unn exams and records for my transcript.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
Myredeemerlives:
Please who can help me with contact in unn exams and records for my transcript.

Send me a PM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 1:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
Pls who can help me with contact number in ABU for my transcript.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wisemen045(m): 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2017
Bsbabe,

Your post from Part 2 thread below refers.

Please, do you know if the individual has reassessed with WES? I just filled out the WES assessment and need to be double sure before payment. In my case, I selected ICAN as the name of the institution while for name of diploma/certificate I indicated ''Associate Chartered Accountant''. Can you help find out if this is the correct way to reflect the credential information.

Calling on Goldenjem and other accountants who have successfully assessed ICAN with WES to help clarify.

copy Cochtrane, GlitteringStar

Thanks.

''Good morning everyone. Just to update you on the individual that got an unfavourable evaluation on her ICAN which I posted sometime ago. Apparently, she has found out the reason why the evelaution came out unrecognised. When she contacted WES, she was told she was evaluated as someone who earned a ‘Certificate of Membership from ICAN’ and not as an ‘Associate of the Institute’. She says that’s probably because she selected “ICAN” and not “Associate of the Institute” when registering with WES. So Wes wrote ICAN to confirm Certificate is genuine and evaluated as certificate of membership. Now she’s starting another one, she says she now sees that one can select “Associate of the Institute” and that’s what she’s doing this time.

[i]This is just to guide other people evaluating ICAN. She is 2013 if I remember correctly and she states she has met a 2010 person with positive evaluation. So maybe it’s not the year? I don’t know. Please note that I do not have ICAN and have no further information or insights on this. I just thought to report what I was told in case it helps someone.''
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Myredeemerlives: 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2017
mcstan18:

Send me a PM

I have sent pm to you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 06, 2017
Okay ooo
GlitteringStar:

I tried it before writing my previous post and it worked. You can try it too.

Lol@bolded grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2017
Myredeemerlives:

I have sent pm to you

Replied
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2017
Haha
Sugaro:
Completely agree with U, I don't fancy the idea of disposing the property at all, if ur fiance is capable, pls just ask I believe in the end both parties will still benefit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2017
I no get.
Hafsat24:

Yes well that was a long time ago..my spouse wasn't interested so i stopped and spent more time reading the Living in Canada/Life as a Canadian Immigrant and that's how I got him on board..any more questions?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chybaz: 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2017
nonogoodgirl:

No light in unizik. I paid a contact someone gave me to get it done. Mine got to them in September and was verified on October 25th. Same day I paid. Meanwhile, na email verification ooo

Pls can I get the contact, cos I keep getting stories, about it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Myredeemerlives: 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2017
mcstan18:

Replied

Please check your mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by gogedda: 2:21pm On Dec 06, 2017
ItsYourFriend:
I don't know if you've been answered, but let me try... Glad you have two payslips already and a letter of employment. Maybe you should ask your employer to write you a letter stating that you were paid cash subsequently. You should deduce whether the payslips were issued before cash payments were made so that your employer will word your letter correctly.

Thanks for your opinion, I just want to be proactive so that I won't be caught unaware. I will talk to my employer about this. I have been in NA2 since Nov 9th..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bambam4you: 2:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
Please change it to Associate of the Institute.

wisemen045:
Bsbabe,

Your post from Part 2 thread below refers.

Please, do you know if the individual has reassessed with WES? I just filled out the WES assessment and need to be double sure before payment. In my case, I selected ICAN as the name of the institution while for name of diploma/certificate I indicated ''Associate Chartered Accountant''. Can you help find out if this is the correct way to reflect the credential information.

Calling on Goldenjem and other accountants who have successfully assessed ICAN with WES to help clarify.

copy Cochtrane, GlitteringStar

Thanks.

''Good morning everyone. Just to update you on the individual that got an unfavourable evaluation on her ICAN which I posted sometime ago. Apparently, she has found out the reason why the evelaution came out unrecognised. When she contacted WES, she was told she was evaluated as someone who earned a ‘Certificate of Membership from ICAN’ and not as an ‘Associate of the Institute’. She says that’s probably because she selected “ICAN” and not “Associate of the Institute” when registering with WES. So Wes wrote ICAN to confirm Certificate is genuine and evaluated as certificate of membership. Now she’s starting another one, she says she now sees that one can select “Associate of the Institute” and that’s what she’s doing this time.

[i]This is just to guide other people evaluating ICAN. She is 2013 if I remember correctly and she states she has met a 2010 person with positive evaluation. So maybe it’s not the year? I don’t know. Please note that I do not have ICAN and have no further information or insights on this. I just thought to report what I was told in case it helps someone.''
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by gogedda: 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2017
einsteino:
if you are on POST ITA and have got your UCI/passed medicals, do well to register for an IOM session. it would prepare you for life in canada, job hustle and how best to plan. it is a free pre-arrival service funded by the Government of Canada. Dedicated to helping you and your family prepare for a new life in Canada.

here is the link to register https://2register.planningforcanada.ca/register/index.php

What prove do we upload since we are yet to get PPR, COPR etc?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 2:39pm On Dec 06, 2017
Good afternoon my people,

Quick one pls.

My brother is a resident of Canada, and I obviously got points for that. Now my issue is he has the bank and house address registered to his wife. Now this is an issue for me because its specified that it has to have your sibling name.

Pls, can someone help me on how to get this organized? I will appreciate it a lot. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Chester2018: 3:08pm On Dec 06, 2017
Thanks for the clarification. However we tried doingredients another medical but it's showing she already hasent an active medical in place thus not allowing the hospital to enter a fresh medical.

Sugaro:
exactly mi thoughts, cos the Feb might be too close for them, In my opinion, if it's not against the rule, just do another one and let ur mind be at rest as d PA medical will be determining factor if both spouse must leave together. Except she is not the PA and Intends to leave later
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fayzz: 3:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
knightfemi:
Silent reader here. I am glad to announce we got our Passport Request (PPR) today!!! Hopefully this will encourage those in waiting.

More details below:

Family Composition: 3 - Myself, Spouse and Daughter
Travel History: UK, USA, Spain, Italy, Germany, Qatar, UAE, Hungary... the list goes on and irrelevant.
Acknowledgement of Receipt: 28 April 2017
Medical Passed: Mid- June 2017 (We sorted our medicals few weeks before AOR)
Background Check (NA1): August 2017
Additional Document Request: 2nd August 2017 (Schedule A for spouse)
Background Check (IP1): Mid-August 2017
File Transferred to London VO: 5th September 2017
Background Check (NA2): September 2017
Background Check (IP2): 5th December 2017
Passport Request (PPR): 5th December 2017

The entire process from AOR to PPR took 221days. The wait was very frustrating for us as it took much longer than the average processing time, it got even worse when we read how London VO keep files in their queue for much longer than expected. We are however grateful to the Almighty for seeing us through to the finish line before the end of the year.

Wishing those still waiting the very best in this journey. Cheers
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Macy4real200: 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
Pls help me with the contact details of the person in charge of transcripts in unizik. Thanks

Newmum0615:
Lol. Seems ours happened the same time. Transcript sent in September. Verification took longer in October cos of light issue. But my contact responded to the mail same day the light came back on.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by eaglemaniac: 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
I am a silent follower of this thread although I have posted here once or twice in the past but I just feel I should post this to encourage someone.

I got interested in migrating to Canada in January, 2016 and so the first step was for myself and spouse to write IELTS which we both wrote in March, 2016. When the result came out we discovered that our CRS point was not enough to get an ITA so we decided to go through the PNP route. We sent an EOI to one of the provinces that was opened at that time and got an invitation to apply to the province which we did in August, 2016. There was total silience from the province till march this year when we got a mail that we had been nominated by the province. This gave us additional 600 CRS points which automatically gave us an ITA in the next draw.

We submitted our application for permanent residence on the 27th of May and got an AOR that same day. Medicals got passed on the 8th of August, got na2 the next day after which there was no movement till 24th of September when my ADR changed to not needed. I also got to know that my application was transferred to London. My application clocked 6months on the 27th of November but my application status was still Na2. This got me worried so I sent a mail to London but did not get any reply. I then sent another mail but this time around they replied stating that my application was awaiting final review by an officer. Before long, on the 30th of November I check my application status and discovered that I was in ip2 (we are processing your background check). Later that same day I got an email from donotreply stating that I have a message in my cic account, checked my account and saw the golden mail I had been dreaming of for almost 2years. It was a ppr mail. This is actually the happiest day of my life. The feeling of excitement cannot be explained. Can't wait to start life in Canada.

Never give up on your dreams.
I wish everyone still waiting speedy ppr.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by threadstone(m): 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2017
awon temi be steadily refreshing cic rounds of invitation page that they had to move it to canada.ca grin. issokay.

God go do am wink wink

Congrats eaglemaniac.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wisemen045(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2017
Bambam4you:
Please change it to Associate of the Institute.

Thanks! Appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 3:56pm On Dec 06, 2017
PM me
Macy4real200:

Pls help me with the contact details of the person in charge of transcripts in unizik. Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2017
LMAO! For where naa? As if you will see newmum written there.
Favoredme:

Looks like we were in same batch of names. Let me go look at the list if I can deduce yours. wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by phf2be: 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2017
eaglemaniac:
I am a silent follower of this thread although I have posted here once or twice in the past but I just feel I should post this to encourage someone.

I got interested in migrating to Canada in January, 2016 and so the first step was for myself and spouse to write IELTS which we both wrote in March, 2016. When the result came out we discovered that our CRS point was not enough to get an ITA so we decided to go through the PNP route. We sent an EOI to one of the provinces that was opened at that time and got an invitation to apply to the province which we did in August, 2016. There was total silience from the province till march this year when we got a mail that we had been nominated by the province. This gave us additional 600 CRS points which automatically gave us an ITA in the next draw.

We submitted our application for permanent residence on the 27th of May and got an AOR that same day. Medicals got passed on the 8th of August, got na2 the next day after which there was no movement till 24th of September when my ADR changed to not needed. I also got to know that my application was transferred to London. My application clocked 6months on the 27th of November but my application status was still Na2. This got me worried so I sent a mail to London but did not get any reply. I then sent another mail but this time around they replied stating that my application was awaiting final review by an officer. Before long, on the 30th of November I check my application status and discovered that I was in ip2 (we are processing your background check). Later that same day I got an email from donotreply stating that I have a message in my cic account, checked my account and saw the golden mail I had been dreaming of for almost 2years. It was a ppr mail. This is actually the happiest day of my life. The feeling of excitement cannot be explained. Can't wait to start life in Canada.

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 4:09pm On Dec 06, 2017
Congrats.
eaglemaniac:

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.