Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1290315 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 9:24am On Jan 13, 2018
agates:

Thanks a lot. It worked.
Nice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:52am On Jan 13, 2018
Sure thing.
Saintp:

Please whatever you use at the end that worked, let us know as some of us will be in this position in the next few months. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by seunfoster: 9:54am On Jan 13, 2018
There is table where belongings are kept with the lady that verifies details.

Guitarlife:

Abeg make people wen write ielts in Lagos assist na beg o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:55am On Jan 13, 2018
Was it a UK degree? Cos mine wasn't verified as well. Only my Naija degree was. About 2 people have reported here that their Naija degrees weren't sent for verification as well. So maybe it happens once in a while. I don't think it is anything to be afraid for. If anything, it saves you time sef.
Threemg:
Good morning fam, please a quick one I started our ECA with WES last year (November), fast forward to Wednesday ds week, WES mailed our School for them to verify my Wife's transcripts and certificate, I was waiting for WES to send mine too for Verification only for me to log in and what I saw was "YOUR EVALUATION IS DUE FOR COMPLETION ON 2/17" I was like this must be an error, Please house is there something wrong somewhere because I expected them to mail my school for Verification. Please I need explanation on this biko

cc: @Newmum0615 @glitteringstar @Cochtrane @boldinc @XX01 @Lordnath @bbaby
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 13, 2018
Thebushboy1:
Hello House,

I would like to know if i got this calculation right before I make a move.

Language will be 5+4+6+6= 21 points. Your total points will be 72 points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:58am On Jan 13, 2018
Thanks. Will keep the dollar card option on the table. But what's your reservation with GTB though?
koonlay5:
I have personal reservations about GTB, especially the use of their cards for international payment. I would advise if you can get a Dollar card and pay all (if you so desire) at once.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:00am On Jan 13, 2018
Definitely. They make provision for that at the registration desk. At least, I'm sure of Lagos.
Guitarlife:
Hello guys. My speaking test is on Monday. I would be going to work after the test and I will have to go to the test centre with my properties which consists of a laptop and personal stuffs in a bag after which I will proceed to my office after the exams.

I am trying to know if British Council makes provisions for keeping a property like a laptop bag ?

Please advise all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Thebushboy1: 10:14am On Jan 13, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Language will be 5+4+6+6= 21 points. Your total points will be 72 points.

Hello madam, Thank you for your response. I appreciate. Please I would love to understand how to calculate the language score as it confuses me. Went back to see how you got 5+4+6+6...Please help. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Threemg: 10:16am On Jan 13, 2018
alwaysvik:

You should be happy that WES decided to waive verification in your case. Perhaps your transcript hit them as authentic enough to quell all doubt. I think its a positive development. Nothing to be afraid of in my opinion. I wish you further good luck.

You are the best. Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Threemg: 10:19am On Jan 13, 2018
Newmum0615:
Was it a UK degree? Cos mine wasn't verified as well. Only my Naija degree was. About 2 people have reported here that their Naija degrees weren't sent for verification as well. So maybe it happens once in a while. I don't think it is anything to be afraid for. If anything, it saves you time sef.

Thanks sis. Nigeria Degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 10:33am On Jan 13, 2018
ugoiyke79e,please a mail awaits you.thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Mzstephh(f): 10:39am On Jan 13, 2018
Hello Sir, I did go through the whole process. I evaluated my pharmacy degree (certificate and transcript) using PEBC the pharmacy governing body in Canada.
First step is registering on the Pharmacy gateway for canada portal : https://ipgportal.pharmacistsgatewaycanada.ca/home.aspx
Second stage: getting your transcripts and certificate sent directly from her university to PEBC straight, notarising the copies of her certificate.transcript, international passport etc. You also pay a fee. please see this link : http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3114/la_id/1.htm
Let me know if you need further help.
duro0803:

Hello gud day, I blv u are a pharmacist.
Please my wife want to evaluate her result can u give a guide or anybody in d house to help on this thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 13, 2018
Thebushboy1:

Hello madam, Thank you for your response. I appreciate. Please I would love to understand how to calculate the language score as it confuses me. Went back to see how you got 5+4+6+6...Please help. Thanks.

Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Convert your IELTS scores to the equivalent CLB Level (Check attached to convert).

Step 2: Calculate the points for each CLB Level.

Step 3: Add up the points.

Using your score as an example, the equivalent CLB Level for S 6.5, L 6.5, R 8.5, W 7 is CLB 8, CLB 7, CLB 10 and CLB 9 respectively. Next, calculate the points for each (5, 4, 6 and 6) and add up which will give 21 points.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ken1982: 11:10am On Jan 13, 2018
pls any gateways for nurses?
Mzstephh:
Hello Sir, I did go through the whole process. I evaluated my pharmacy degree (certificate and transcript) using PEBC the pharmacy governing body in Canada.
First step is registering on the Pharmacy gateway for canada portal : https://ipgportal.pharmacistsgatewaycanada.ca/home.aspx
Second stage: getting your transcripts and certificate sent directly from her university to PEBC straight, notarising the copies of her certificate.transcript, international passport etc. You also pay a fee. please see this link : http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3114/la_id/1.htm
Let me know if you need further help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 11:16am On Jan 13, 2018
Newmum0615:
You just want to burst this my bubble sha. When you made your payment, was it only at one point before submission that it asked you to pay for both? Cos I thought that since we have the option to pay RPRF later, then the payments can be collected at 2 different times before submission. I intend to pay for both fees before i submit but this card ish is my concern.
u can pay application fee only when applying den pay for Rprf upon request at a later date
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sienakab: 11:18am On Jan 13, 2018
Threemg:
From QUORA, Just to encourage the Post ITAs before submission, Ensure all "I"s are dotted and all "T"s crossed. We shall all testify to HIS glory

Hi,

I did the following

Got my IELTS score. The Score was 9- 8–7.5–7.5
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry) - went here and checked my CRS score it was 478 for myself and 468 when I included my spouse ( my wife was pregnant at that time).
Did my Education Credential Assessment from World Education Services at https://www.wes.org/ca/. I applied for this and wrote IELTS in parallel it took more than 30+ days to get the doc in hand.
One I had both IELTS score and education assessment I was ready to apply for your PR.
Applied for PR through express entry program at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada.
Horrified to see my CRS score got dropped to 443 points. Found out that since I had work experience among different NOC, CIC only took my recent NOC experience and reduced my points.
Luckily got ITA in the next draw itself, minimum score was 440.
Now it was the time to get all the required documents such as
medical certificate for both my wife and myself.
police certificate for both
experience certificate for both.
proof of funds statement.
Submitted all documents and paid fee for PR processing and right for permanent residence.
Once again horrified to see a message saying my application got cancelled after 3 weeks. The reason being I have not submitted documents for my new born baby since
The baby is only 1 month old when I submitted application for PR
I have foolishly mentioned I have minor son in family details then only applied PR for myself and my wife. ( I thought I would change application once I get documents for my baby)
Reapplied express entry on the same day of rejection.
Again got ITA the next day itself, the minimum score was 441.
Got all documents for my baby.
Resubmitted all the documents and repaid the PR processing fees for 3 ppl this time.
Lesson learned, even if double / triple check everything something might always go wrong. Do not loose hear and keep at it.

Good day. You really did well in IELTS. How did you make this scores. I need tips and materials thank you so much.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Threemg: 11:38am On Jan 13, 2018
sienakab:

Good day. You really did well in IELTS. How did you make this scores. I need tips and materials thank you so much.

I indicated the source ma'am. But if u can go through the past 10 pages or better still visit page 0 of this thread there are lots of material references there: ieltsbuddy.com, ieltsup.com, ietlsliz.com et al are few among useful sites for preparation

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by LausDeo(m): 12:17pm On Jan 13, 2018
Hi people. I had plans to go for my MBA in Canada as a route for migrating. I plan to do that in 2019. However, someone just informed me that my chances are good with EE. My question is, if EE doesn't work, can it affect my chances with the Post Graduate route in any way?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2018
It won't affect you in anyway because both processes are mutually exclusive.

Cheers

LausDeo:
Hi people. I had plans to go for my MBA in Canada as a route for migrating. I plan to do that in 2019. However, someone just informed me that my chances are good with EE. My question is, if EE doesn't work, can it affect my chances with the Post Graduate route in any way?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by CanadianEnginee(m): 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2018
It would be better for you to get a dollar Mastercard from GTB. Annual maintenance fee and charges is $38. You can get dollars at cheaper rates from the mallams to fund your dollar account. No charges for online transactions . BTW, dollar rate from aboki is 363 (c$290), gtb would charge you (c$ 300) . Access bank charged my colleague 298 naira to a cad$.

If you can get the dollar Mastercard, it would be better for you because you may use it for your flight payment.

Newmum0615

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Medal007: 1:08pm On Jan 13, 2018
Oga u've been given a link to CRS calc in some few posts behind why not play with the calc tool n see things for yourself plus this score in IELTS will dwarf your overall score l'll advice you to rewrite IELTS and aim for 8777 in LRWS input the projected score into the crs calc and see some magic
Thebushboy1:
Hello House,

I would like to know if i got this calculation right before I make a move.

Language- S:6.5, L:6.5, R:8.5, W:7 = 16 points
Degree- BSc = 21 points
Experience- 4 years= 13 points
Age- 34 years = 12 points
Uncle stays in Manitoba = 5 points
Total points =67.
House please help analyze what I did.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 13, 2018
[quote author=LausDeo post=64152439][/quote]

It cannot affect you. In fact, you can do both at the same time and get them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mosbiod(m): 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2018
@LausDeo

You wont be affected, in fact if you have good points, you can be in Canada before the end of the year as a PR, and do your MBA in 2019 at a cheap price as a PR rather than International Student [quote author=LausDeo post=64152439][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 1:48pm On Jan 13, 2018
Good PM guys,

A quick question.

Would I at any point during the EE process need the hardcopy of my WES ECA or the soft copy (pdf) sent to my email will suffice all through?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mosbiod(m): 1:59pm On Jan 13, 2018
To my little knowledge, during you application you would need to upload your WES Report soft copy and a copy of your certificates that you evaluated with WES

DadR:
Good PM guys,

A quick question.

Would I at any point during the EE process need the hardcopy of my WES ECA or the soft copy (pdf) sent to my email will suffice all through?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 2:02pm On Jan 13, 2018
DadR:
Good PM guys,

A quick question.

Thanks

Yes you would need a copy while uploading your documents post ITA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 2:20pm On Jan 13, 2018
olajide21:

Yes you would need a copy while uploading your documents post ITA.

mosbiod:
To my little knowledge, during you application you would need to upload your WES Report soft copy and a copy of your certificates that you evaluated with WES

Yes, am aware I would need a soft copy and copies of the credentials I evaluated. I have a soft copy (PDF) which WES sent to me but the hardcopy (which I believe is more detailed) was delivered to the US. So my question is, is the soft copy I have sufficient to get PPR.

Thanks

cc: @newwunmi0615, glitteringstars, other gurus in d house
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 13, 2018
DadR:

Yes, am aware I would need a soft copy and copies of the credentials I evaluated. I have a soft copy (PDF) which WES sent to me but the hardcopy (which I believe is more detailed) was delivered to the US. So my question is, is the soft copy I have sufficient to get PPR.

You are good to go with the soft copy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hayor2014(m): 2:45pm On Jan 13, 2018
Sunmisire:
Please is ICES faster than WES

I believe it is

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 2:46pm On Jan 13, 2018
DadR:

Thanks

cc: @newwunmi0615, glitteringstars, other gurus in d house

They are the same document. The soft copy sent by WES is sufficient
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 3:36pm On Jan 13, 2018
GlitteringStar:

You are good to go with the soft copy.

olajide21:

They are the same document. The soft copy sent by WES is sufficient

Thanks guys, bless up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Cherokee(m): 3:38pm On Jan 13, 2018
One with an ND, HND & PGD. Please, which of the combination should he evaluate? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.