Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1290203 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loritess: 11:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
mcstan18:

If I understand you well, you intend to run this whole show with a loan and probably use the remainder as PoF right? How do you intend to explain the inflow into your account when it's time to do so?
Besides, the fund wouldn't be 'unencumbered' as required by CIC and failure to disclose appropriately could be interpreted as misrepresentation. You do not want to get yourself into that mess.

I think it'll be a better option if your dad takes the loan himself and transfers the cash to you with a notarized gift deed to support. That way, liability is shifted to him. Others may have better suggestions on this though

cc: GlitteringStar
Thank you so much for replying. I have different bank accounts. My dad isn’t willing to go thru the stress.so I want to obtain the loan n send it to his acct then he’ll send it to me. But my problem right now is what to tell the bank I want to use the money for since there’s no job yet n no salary inflow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 12:02am On Jan 19, 2018
mikel88:
Please is it compulsory your statement of account must be a Canadian account if you are in canada or you can use your Nigeria account for the proof of fund? I have someone in canada that just got her ITA and her father is finding it challeging and expensive to transfer money to her canadian account..... she intend to use the fund as gift of deed.

It's not compulsory. If she has monies domiciled in different bank accounts of different countries, she may combine them to make up her PoF. She will need to sufficiently prove that the monies belong to her and (using a reliable and verifiable exchange rate), that the aggregate is at least equal to the minimum PoF requirement in CAD.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by CanadianEnginee(m): 12:03am On Jan 19, 2018
GlitteringStar:

The ECA summary is diploma (three years) and postgraduate (one year) right? If yes, it will give you points for two or more certificates. You will put the OND under your personal history details (post-ITA) while the HND+PGD is what you will use to claim points.

You are too much. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nazor83: 12:11am On Jan 19, 2018
Hello Guys,

I have a peculiar problem. I have a brother, same father and mother, who lives in Canada and has PR. However, we bear different surnames. He bears my great grandfather's name while I bear our grandfather's name and both of us don't have birth certificates. Is there any way I can convincingly prove relationship if I use his PR to get points in my profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dannyko: 1:05am On Jan 19, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by gracelevel: 2:19am On Jan 19, 2018
Yewwygraceful:
Thank you@40manlappy, GS, Raconteur14,Tamad101,Bsbabe,Aig84,ENGRDUDU89,Cochtrane,Newmum0615,Flossy007,Koonlay5.,Pampem (i spy you sis)

The wait was long, thanks to London VO (completed the full 6 months grin).

Please no one should exercise any fear of London, they just take their sweet time with applications. For my learned colleagues, when submitting your application, ensure you attach your Call to Bar certificates because they will definitely ask for "evidence to practice". I attached it from the beginning and did not get any adr for it. However, other professionals (Doctor, Pharmacist etc) in my group who did not attach theirs, got adr for it. To other London gang members (no matter the aor), please do not fret, you will definitely get that golden mail and all the worries/anxieties will melt away.
please what of non practising lawyers ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mikel88: 2:42am On Jan 19, 2018
mcstan18:

It's not compulsory. If she has monies domiciled in different bank accounts of different countries, she may combine them to make up her PoF. She will need to sufficiently prove that the monies belong to her and (using a reliable and verifiable exchange rate), that the aggregate is at least equal to the minimum PoF requirement in CAD.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mikel88: 2:43am On Jan 19, 2018
GlitteringStar:

I believe she can use her Nigerian bank account if the account is in her name.
Alright ma.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fayzz: 3:02am On Jan 19, 2018
GlitteringStar:
@All 6th January IELTS test takers, few hours to go. smiley May CLB 9 and CLB 10 fall on you all.
Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hiscules: 3:42am On Jan 19, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Kindly find below @Drhopeful's post. She had this "discrepancy" issue too.

oh,seen. But he's not the PA,does it really matter? Just don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill,I hope you do understand me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Opotuniti(m): 3:49am On Jan 19, 2018
Seniours in the house, I still need your various advise on this please.
Opotuniti:
Kindly advise pls.
My wife does not have her 2015 Masters certificate as UNILAG is not ready to release unless she produces her B.Ed. certificate for citing, learnt it UNILAG exams & records policy. Meanwhile her Bachelors certificate is not ready by d Uni and she only has statement of result for 1st degree.

Meanwhile, Masters was inputed in express entry pre-ITA for maximum points since we already did WES for it & 1st degree.

My question - can I just use WES alone to substitute for Masters in proof of studies while I use Bachelors's degree Statement of result & WES for 1st degree.

My fear is that hope they wont request for ADR for Masters certificate though I did complete WES for both degrees for her. If we stick to 1st degree alone, our CRS points will drop & we are at post- ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by doubleportion86: 4:16am On Jan 19, 2018
hello everyone. i thought by now ielts results for 6th will be out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 4:28am On Jan 19, 2018
Yewwygraceful:
Hi Ethelia, let me explain properly.

For proof of studies, you attach your LLB and your ECA. But when submitting use your LOE and explain that you are also qualified to practice, and attach your certificate of call to Bar. Please note not FOR PROOF OF STUDIES but under your LOE.

Hope this clarifies it.

Yes it does, thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 4:37am On Jan 19, 2018
GlitteringStar:
@All 6th January IELTS test takers, few hours to go. smiley May CLB 9 and CLB 10 fall on you all.

Please what time can we start checking the site
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by awos90: 4:44am On Jan 19, 2018
Could you please share the materials:

awos90@yahoo.com.

Regards.

Theyolu:
I want to thank the person who shares those IELTS materials via Google Drive (lwrs9999@gmail.com). May God surprise you in the remaining days of this month/year. My heart blesses you.

My score LRWS: 8.5,9,7,7.5

I'd like to ask the projected scores for an accompanying spouse to max out points. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4wearegreat: 5:39am On Jan 19, 2018
Loritess:
Thank you so much for replying. I have different bank accounts. My dad isn’t willing to go thru the stress.so I want to obtain the loan n send it to his acct then he’ll send it to me. But my problem right now is what to tell the bank I want to use the money for since there’s no job yet n no salary inflow.

I will suggest you approach microfinance banks or other financial institutions such as page, renmomey, quick cash. They tend to have minimal considerations for loan request ( most especially for salary earner).

Call their customer care (can search online for their contact us info) inform them that you need a loan fir business and you gat collateral..........one of them should b able to work out something for u.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nazor83: 5:40am On Jan 19, 2018
awos90:

awos90@yahoo.com.

Regards.

Congrats. Did you write on 6th January.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 6:12am On Jan 19, 2018
Yewwygraceful:
Hi Ethelia, let me explain properly.

For proof of studies, you attach your LLB and your ECA. But when submitting use your LOE and explain that you are also qualified to practice, and attach your certificate of call to Bar. Please note not FOR PROOF OF STUDIES but under your LOE.

Hope this clarifies it.

I think this may be necessary if one is practising the law. I'm not accessing LLB just LLM. I'm not practising. Would that still apply to people like me?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nanaghano: 6:13am On Jan 19, 2018
doubleportion86:
hello everyone. i thought by now ielts results for 6th will be out.
I think later in the day.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nazor83: 6:34am On Jan 19, 2018
Nazor83:
Hello Guys,

I have a peculiar problem. I have a brother, same father and mother, who lives in Canada and has PR. However, we bear different surnames. He bears my great grandfather's name while I bear our grandfather's name and both of us don't have birth certificates. Is there any way I can convincingly prove relationship if I use his PR to get points in my profile.

Gurus please help with this. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 19, 2018
Opotuniti:
Seniours in the house, I still need your various advise on this please.

What document did you submit to WES for the Masters’ evaluation? You must have given them a statement if result if you didn’t have a Certificate I assume? That’s the same document you should submit to IRCC along with the WES evaluation as proof of education in my opinion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loritess: 7:03am On Jan 19, 2018
4wearegreat:

I will suggest you approach microfinance banks or other financial institutions such as page, renmomey, quick cash. They tend to have minimal considerations for loan request ( most especially for salary earner).

Call their customer care (can search online for their contact us info) inform them that you need a loan fir business and you gat collateral..........one of them should b able to work out something for u.
Thank you very much. I’ll keep trying so that I’ll be able to start something
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 7:48am On Jan 19, 2018
awos90:

Regards.

GlitteringStar had updated the link on page zero. Check there

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smileymum: 8:10am On Jan 19, 2018
Emmasonic, I was having issues with downloading the app. But I was able to do it last night. But it's the free version and it keeps showing Camscanner at the bottom of the page. But I will be using it that way. Thanks. E ma binu. I am not a techie person so I am slow with these things.
Emmasonic4me:

You seem to disregard all the recommendations previously given to you. Lots of peeps have advised you use your phone to scan the document and even mentioned the name of the app on play store.

With your phone, you will capture everything and crop out any part you don't need.

Why is it difficult to use your phone for the scanning?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Justiyke4u: 8:18am On Jan 19, 2018
GlitteringStar:

It depends on your centre but you will definitely see it tomorrow. I wish you good success. smiley
thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Justiyke4u: 8:19am On Jan 19, 2018
nanaghano:
quote author=Justiyke4u post=64319618]like from 12 midnight?
I got two conflicting time on their site.One was from 2pm on the 13th day the other was from 7am on the 13th day. So I am kinda confused.
okay thanks. Let me wait
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Marc0110(m): 8:36am On Jan 19, 2018
Good morning all. Has anyone who took the 6th January ielts by British Council been able to check their results online

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:44am On Jan 19, 2018
When he applied for PR, did he list you as a sibling?

Nazor83:

Gurus please help with this. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Gtreasure02: 8:46am On Jan 19, 2018
Dear all, I'm new here...please what is the Canadian express about and if it about going to Canada, I'm so much interested, how do I go about it? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:47am On Jan 19, 2018
Pele Smileymum, I kind of figured you were not into tech, I wanted to actually respond to Emmasonic that he was being too harsh but remembered my personal resolution not to ever get into any quarrels on Nairaland and kept quiet. grin smiley smiley.

Happy its sorted, do not worry about the watermark at the bottom, its not an issue.

smileymum:
Emmasonic, I was having issues with downloading the app. But I was able to do it last night. But it's the free version and it keeps showing Camscanner at the bottom of the page. But I will be using it that way. Thanks. E ma binu. I am not a techie person so I am slow with these things.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 19, 2018
Welcome to the thread, please visit page 0 for all the information you need
Gtreasure02:
Dear all, I'm new year...please what is the Canadian express about and if it about going to Canada, I'm so much interested, how do I go about it? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ribaby(f): 8:48am On Jan 19, 2018
Marc0110:
Good morning all. Has anyone who took the 6th January ielts by British Council been able to check their results online
results are not out yet. Perhaps the pass rate was too much for them to handle hence the delay. It will surely end in praise..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.