Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1290675 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
The issue is any condition that will cost Canada money....ASD will cost them money.

Adesire1:

As a speech therapist, u need to give her more time, she will improve very well...i really don't think this should be an issue with the Canadian embassy...its not contagious naw.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by VHungryPerson: 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
About medicals.

Greetings House, please when is it advisable to go or medicals? after ITA or will they inform you on the appropriate time during the process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by balogunsam(m): 3:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
hifyty:

Thank you guys for your input. My wife and I are already adjusting to the realities of a possible denial. we are trusting in GOD and just wanted to give it our best shot. She started Speech therapy and Behavioural Therapy and She has improved a lot. As for trying other Countries, we are weighing all our options too

I pray for you from the depth of my heart that this road that presently seems long and hard will become short and easy for you as you are led to the best decision and destination to provide a wonderful life for your daughter in Jesus name.
@happytbaby nailed it...strongly consider the USA. Stay strong sir and i pray God strengthens you to help her achieve His purpose for her. Cheers.

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 4:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
Its advisable to go for medicals after ITA.

VHungryPerson:
About medicals.

Greetings House, please when is it advisable to go or medicals? after ITA or will they inform you on the appropriate time during the process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tempest01(m): 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
VHungryPerson:
About medicals.

Go for your medical s. Tell them upfront medicals
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Delta007(m): 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
Adesire1:

As a speech therapist, u need to give her more time, she will improve very well...i really don't think this should be an issue with the Canadian embassy...its not contagious naw.
Canadian PR Applicants may be denied entry to Canada if their health or any of their dependents' health (whether accompanying or not) is a danger to public health or safety; or will cause excessive demand on the Canadian health care system or on social services in Canada.

School aged children diagnosed with Autism, legal blindness, deafness, etc are flagged because these conditions require special care. If the applicant's family is admitted to Canada, the system is such that the child will get the best care and social support and he (the applicant) will not pay a cent other than his taxes. The healthcare system does not have a cost recovery component where an applicant can choose to reimburse the government, however there have been cases where applicants have put forward a mitigation plan, with success.

hifyty:

Thank you guys for your input. My wife and I are already adjusting to the realities of a possible denial. we are trusting in GOD and just wanted to give it our best shot. She started Speech therapy and Behavioural Therapy and She has improved a lot. As for trying other Countries, we are weighing all our options too
@hifyty, I will not resign yet. It may be a longer journey but it is not insurmountable. There is a spectrum of autism, the higher end being extreme and requiring all hands on deck. You will likely not get an outright rejection, unless you choose not to respond. You may be required to go for additional tests and depending on the results, you may want to start thinking of some mitigation measures you can put forward. Again, the context is to minimize the burden on the Canadian healthcare system. Please spend some time reading through this, if you have not already done so: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/refusals-inadmissibility/excessive-demand-on-health-social-services.html

All the best!

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 4:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hello

You can preferably go a few days or a week before you submit your application. Please note “preferably” smiley
VHungryPerson:
About medicals.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 4:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
Adesire1:
Can i make a transfer for ielts with stanbic account? Pls who has done this from another bank that is not gtb or first bank?

Yes, you can. I have done that in the past. Kindly see my post here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by OYASALOF(f): 5:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
Kontagious:
If you want to do a name change on your passport (at least for married women), you'd need your marriage certificate, news paper publication of name change and maybe declaration of marriage. With this three documents, you won't need a one and same person affidavit.

However, you may choose to renew your passport in your maiden name, it's absolutely fine. If you do this, it simply means your PCC, Medicals, IELTS TRF (if you'd be taking the test), Name on EE Profile (be you PA or dependant), ultimately your CoPR and even PR Card - save to say other documents and processes to do upon landing - will all be in your maiden name.

I don't know process of name change in Canada but I do know to get those three documents earlier mentioned in Nigeria wouldn't cost you much time or energy, so why not change it now. If you do have the documents though, then effect the name change but you wouldn't need one and same person affidavit. My opinion.

That's what I did even though my passport is not ready, it saves time of supporting your application with other documents along with your passport that has your maiden name. Just try and renew your passport with your new name and you'll be needing : marriage certificate, newspaper publication, affidavit of change of name, husbands passport data page and your old passport. Did my own in alausa ikeja @ 45k. God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by OYASALOF(f): 5:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
manlikegb:

@OYASALOF, Good day. I'm wondering if you've received your new passport(change of name) yet and how long did it take?

Hello, just seeing this, I have not, was told it takes up to 4/5 weeks n that'll take the whole of Feb, so I'm just gathering documents even though I'm yet to write IELTS let alone ITA�
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 5:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
jelmusboy:
Is like you didn't get my question. I once applied for Canada visit visa and I was refused. So, am assuming I will have a UCI which I can't even find now.

Your assumption is invalid as you cannot have a UCI when your visa was refused. However for those that were issued a visa, it's the 8- 10 digits at the bottom of the visa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by PresVA: 6:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hi people, concerning work experience. .. isn't it better if one can provide all evidences( ref letter et al) now?
If you don't 'justify' it now by putting it under personal history, won't you be required to provide evidence in Canada if you wanna get an employment using same experience...? just thinking

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
Delta007:

Canadian PR Applicants may be denied entry to Canada if their health or any of their dependents' health (whether accompanying or not) is a danger to public health or safety; or will cause excessive demand on the Canadian health care system or on social services in Canada.

School aged children diagnosed with Autism, legal blindness, deafness, etc are flagged because these conditions require special care. If the applicant's family is admitted to Canada, the system is such that the child will get the best care and social support and he (the applicant) will not pay a cent other than his taxes. The healthcare system does not have a cost recovery component where an applicant can choose to reimburse the government, however there have been cases where applicants have put forward a mitigation plan, with success.

@hifyty, I will not resign yet. It may be a longer journey but it is not insurmountable. There is a spectrum of autism, the higher end being extreme and requiring all hands on deck. You will likely not get an outright rejection, unless you choose not to respond. You may be required to go for additional tests and depending on the results, you may want to start thinking of some mitigation measures you can put forward. Again, the context is to minimize the burden on the Canadian healthcare system. Please spend some time reading through this, if you have not already done so: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/refusals-inadmissibility/excessive-demand-on-health-social-services.html

All the best!

I agree..i don't think you should give up

Perhaps adding a carer to your application would help? Just a thought i had

Or taking out medical insurance to take care of her needs. That way, it shows you are not trying to leech off the Canadian government
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Saintp(m): 6:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
I got my PCC Friday and I'm surprised to find out its just valid for 3 months. I thought it was 6 months. If I submit the application say 2 months after, it means it will expire during the processing except PPR comes in less than a month.

Have I made mistake getting this early or should I have waited and a day or two before submission to get it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 6:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oh okay. I truly did not get it.

Let others weigh in. I do not know about UCI for other visa applications.

jelmusboy:
Is like you didn't get my question. I once applied for Canada visit visa and I was refused. So, am assuming I will have a UCI which I can't even find now.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dedalove: 6:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
I guess this my situation is very unique as no one has weighed into it. Pls u guys should help chook mouth inside this matter. I dey beg.

dedalove:
The elders and experienced people in the house make una help me gather ideas here. I beg una.
My people please I beg anyone who can to help me out of this puzzle that WES created for me. They evaluated my first degree and a postgraduate certificate which is for a year as below:
Canadian equivalence summary {Bachelor's degree (4 years) and postgraduate diploma (one semester).
I dont understand why that one semester in bracket was introduced . My question is does this qualify for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" considering this information below from CIC website:

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

Please I will appreciate advice from you guys. I dont know if anyone has been through this particular situation. This people WES just weak me sha. Honestly. If its two or more certificates, CRS will be around 449 but if not I will be on 422 and by April, 5 pts will be gone from adding a new age. I beg I need help and clarification. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 7:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
Thank God. I was able to get my log-in details to the visa application. That's the UCI underlined with blue.

bbaby84:

Your assumption is invalid as you cannot have a UCI when your visa was refused. However for those that were issued a visa, it's the 8- 10 digits at the bottom of the visa.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
See the picture up there

happytbaby:
Oh okay. I truly did not get it.

Let others weigh in. I do not know about UCI for other visa applications.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sistaj: 7:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
Saintp:
I got my PCC Friday and I'm surprised to find out its just valid for 3 months. I thought it was 6 months. If I submit the application say 2 months after, it means it will expire during the processing except PPR comes in less than a month.

Have I made mistake getting this early or should I have waited and a day or two before submission to get it?

You r good.IRCC says it is valid for 1 year and must have been gotten within 6 months prior to application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tbaby2015: 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
tollu:
Singing E wa ba mi gbe igba ope ooo, ye ye ye

My fellow LVO people, yours will surely come.

Congratulations my fellow LVO sombori! This goodnews will go round everyone of us o

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tbaby2015: 8:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
dedalove:
I guess this my situation is very unique as no one has weighed into it. Pls u guys should help chook mouth inside this matter. I dey beg.

The postgraduate, is it a certificate or a degree. U may need to clarify so others can help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bularvz: 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
sunvick:
Bro go for remark sharperly. Add the speaking too, you nothing to loose. You are guaranteed a bump in both of them.

Thanks, I am in the process of it but don't know if I am to pay into the same account number.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dedalove: 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
Thank u @tbaby2015. The postgraduate is a one year certificate program not a degree. WES report says it's equivalent to a Canadian postgraduate diploma (one semester). The one semester in bracket is my worry. The 5 years bachelor degree program was made equivalent to a Canadian 4 yrs bachelor degree program. I intend to claim two or more certificates. Citing that one semester in brackets is just my concern. Pls help.

tbaby2015:

The postgraduate, is it a certificate or a degree. U may need to clarify so others can help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Eraytee: 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
hello everyone, please I need clarification from you guys on this issue. Am currently a PhD student in Cyprus, my wife and a baby are in Nigeria, please for medicals; do we have to do medicals in same place considering the location difference? or I have to travel down to Nigeria to get it done? thanks in anticipation for your responses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 8:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
dedalove:

it is 2 or more certificate,diploma.d one semester doesn't matter.your bachelor degree is more than 3 years
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Saintp(m): 8:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
sistaj:

You r good.IRCC says it is valid for 1 year and must have been gotten within 6 months prior to application.

OK Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 8:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
Sunmisire:
Good day my E-fam. Please I tried processing my transcript through a staff at the school's Records office. The attached is what I got as a transcript.
Can I send this to WES? Is this what LASU's transcript looks like?
Please if anyone has a sample of LASU's transcript,i would like to see what it looks like.
He claimed he had sent it for two weeks now but WES didn't receive anything. I applied and paid online which is the normal procedure,and only tipped him for processing not minding the strike.

Isn't it suppose to have a stamp over the flap?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
jelmusboy:
Thank God. I was able to get my log-in details to the visa application. That's the UCI underlined with blue.

My bad. I did a paper application for my tourist visa.
I'm curious as to why you asked if you already had the information? Shouldn't you be applying through that account for your PR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by askofemma: 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
Good evening people!
Please can I use my corporate Acc ass a POF cus that’s were I have majority of my money
Secondly I studied agric sci in Uni but working in the bank now can I use as work experience since they are 2 diff disciplines
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 9:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
DrDauda:

I evaluated with wes and i got a positive report

Please clarify this for me. Does your wife have a BSC in nursing or a diploma RN
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
samnijazz:
Please let her evaluate it with IQAS only, its fatser. WES gives bad report.

The situation you are quoting is it a diploma RN ie school of nursing or a BSC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
In that case you can use it as two qualifications.

dedalove:
Thank u @tbaby2015. The postgraduate is a one year certificate program not a degree. WES report says it's equivalent to a Canadian postgraduate diploma (one semester). The one semester in bracket is my worry. The 5 years bachelor degree program was made equivalent to a Canadian 4 yrs bachelor degree program. I intend to claim two or more certificates. Citing that one semester in brackets is just my concern. Pls help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.