Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,718 members, 7,805,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1290035 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bestdiddy: 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2017
My chief,

With my Bsc, i'm currently at a CRS score of 441 . . . Its still okay to proceed with the EE naww, right?

Topboyz5:

Choose your MSc or EE. Both won't work considering the fact you are just about to start d Msc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2017
nanny2017:
Hello my people. thanks for your good works here. pls I have a question. At any point in the post-ITA application, Do they request for NYSC discharge certificate because I did not complete it before travelling out of the country for my Masters degree.

Thank you guys

No one recognizes NYSC beyond the borders of Nigeria. As you already know, they don't require it for academic (masters) purposes, how much more migration. However, one's 1 year of work during that time would be meaningful if and only if their then primary employer would be willing to write and defend a work reference on their behalf

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
dtaminator:

Not exactly, when applying with your spouse, all the points you loose when compared with single applicants can be earned by your spouse's language and education.

It actually evens out.

Neither single nor married applicants are favoured by CRS calculations. So as a married applicant, you only loose points if your spouse does not take language tests or get an ECA or both.

Thanks for throwing more light
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:50pm On Dec 09, 2017
Raconteur14:

How significant do you expect the drop to be? Low 430s, sub 430 or as low as it was May this year (circa 413). Those Indians don't seem to be on break at any point o, considering they are the ones with the highest percentage of PPR/COPR receipts.

I think they do because very few Nigerians were privy to the EE system at the time it started, and boy they also have great numbers in that country too you know. Did you observe how the numbers from Nigeria increased by over 900% from 2015 to 2016? We await the 2017 stats.

Summarily, I'd expect the numbers to go as low as 420 (or less) in the early draws of 2018, even though it is expected to go back up afterwards due to the projected increase in the number of eligible, high scoring applicants from the world over. These are merely thoughts or wishes anyway, albeit calculated, as the Canadian government still reserves the right to press the buttons as they deem fit from time to time.

I honestly pray that our extrapolations crystalize to real numbers in the end sha. The thing follow affect me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tolz451: 6:51pm On Dec 09, 2017
@thekingskiddy hope this helps...

EMPLOYMENT RECORDS.

You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
• be an official document printed on company letterhead
• include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
• show all positions held while employed at the company
• include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)

thekingskiddy:
I have been following this thread. @Newmum0615 Please, I will appreciate if I could be afforded the same help. Please, the reference letter format will help me a great deal.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 7:05pm On Dec 09, 2017
soadirect:
For those looking for PNP opportunities, please check out Nova Scotia. They will be opening at approximately 2 p.m. AST (around 7pm Naija time according to Google) on Saturday, Dec. 9, to accept 175 to 225 applications. The link is here https://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/nova-scotia-demand-express-entry/

The traffic on that site since 6:50PM Nigerian time has been outrageous. In fact, the link isn't opening right now 7:05PM. The rush for PNP no be here o. lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tolz451: 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2017
@dtaminator

CRS Score without dependants - 452

CRS Score with dependants - 448

Spouse has done her ECA and IELTS (7.5,7,6.6.5)

Am I missing something?

dtaminator:

Not exactly, when applying with your spouse, all the points you loose when compared with single applicants can be earned by your spouse's language and education.

It actually evens out.

Neither single nor married applicants are favoured by CRS calculations. So as a married applicant, you only loose points if your spouse does not take language tests or get an ECA or both.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Elle78: 7:07pm On Dec 09, 2017
Elfmann...this bullet has caught you oooo. So not funny. Strike has held my verification. Praying for it to be over like right now....sigh
elfmann:
I believe in January. Fresh fiscal year, it can come to 3,000 sth ITAs. If January holds three draws, that will be another condition that could help to drive it down. Again, Nigerian schools remain on strike.. Hahaha. The last one is not funny... Dodging bullets!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Medal007: 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2017
I don't think you are missing a thing just that the score for the Ielts is low
quote author=Tolz451 post=63131149]@dtaminator

Am I missing something?

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by soadirect: 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2017
It is expected that the traffic will probably even crash the site grin .... You just have to keep trying.

mcstan18:

The traffic on that site since 6:50PM Nigerian time has been outrageous. In fact, the link isn't opening right now 7:05PM. The rush for PNP no be here o. lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
See sample as asked. You can actually get samples off the internet. There is no fixed sample. Just a specified format from CIC/IRCC. If you had more than one duty in the company, list all of them and state the title, duties and period worked.

November 13, 2017
Immigrations, Refugees and Canada
Centralized Intake Office
Sydney,
Nova Scotia

Dear Sir/Madam,

REFERENCE LETTER FOR JUDAS ISCARIOT
This is to confirm that Pontius Pilate was/is a staff of Jerusalem Nigeria Limited.

Please find his employment details below.
Job Title: Senior Betrayer of the Lord
Unit: Head Office
Start Date: 2nd January 2007
End Date: 12th June 2008
Nature of Employment: Permanent/Full-Time
Number of work hours/week: 40 hours/week
Salary: =N=10,200,000 (Annual)

DUTIES
 Constantly ensure that you betray everybody and anything.
 Analyse and review more ways of betrayals
 Effectively monitor all earthly betrayals and train on betrayals

For further inquiries, please contact jerusalem@gmail.com

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Pontius Pilate
Head, HR/Admin
For: Jerusalem Nigeria Limited

thekingskiddy:
I have been following this thread. @Newmum0615 Please, I will appreciate if I could be afforded the same help. Please, the reference letter format will help me a great deal.

107 Likes 58 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by damilola1978: 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
For me I project the scores would remain high in January and February but would drop between March to May.
mcstan18:

I think they do because very few Nigerians were privy to the EE system at the time it started, and boy they also have great numbers in that country too you know. Did you observe how the numbers from Nigeria increased by over 900% from 2015 to 2016? We await the 2017 stats.

Summarily, I'd expect the numbers to go as low as 420 (or less) in the early draws of 2018, even though it is expected to go back up afterwards due to the projected increase in the number of eligible, high scoring applicants from the world over. These are merely thoughts or wishes anyway, albeit calculated, as the Canadian government still reserves the right to press the buttons as they deem fit from time to time.

I honestly pray that our extrapolations crystalize to real numbers in the end sha. The thing follow affect me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2017
See sample as asked. You can actually get samples off the internet. There is no fixed sample. Just a specified format from CIC/IRCC. If you had more than one duty in the company, list all of them and state the title, duties and period worked.

November 13, 2017
Sydney,
Nova Scotia

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to confirm that Pontius Pilate was/is a staff of Jerusalem Nigeria Limited.

DUTIES

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Pontius Pilate
Head, HR/Admin

Tolz451:
Thank you @Newmum0615

Can you please share your Employer Reference Letter Format with me, biko!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by superdoll: 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
bbaby84:

Unless you're trying to get a loan from CIC, I don't see how this affects anything. Stop worrying already and submit joor.
On the other hand, try and do minimum payment or do a payment plan with them just so you're in the clear (for clean conscience sake).

Ultimately, the issues are not related in anyway.
Good luck!

Thanks alot dear. I will do as u advised. No mind me oo. U knw ds fsw waka, i no want any story. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
Medal007:
I don't think you are missing a thing just that the score for the Ielts is low
quote author=Tolz451 post=63131149]@dtaminator

Am I missing something?

Pls I need answer to this questions below:

1. I talked wt my HR today on the issue of reference letter,and he asked me to give them the name of d org or inst d letter will b address to. House can someone help wh address will d letter be directed to?

2. Did reference letter expire because now I am not in d EE,I have not done WES since my sch is on strike.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dtaminator: 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2017
Tolz451:
@dtaminator

Am I missing something?

You aren't

2 factors

Spouse did not max out language points

Spouse may have only 1st degree(2 points lost)

But this your score is OK with spouse o. ITA won't be far away.

See screen shots below for clarification.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2017
mcstan18:

pls care to provide a reference for the bolded? The data i am aware of only showed an increase from 4131 to 4425 for 2015 to 2016.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MRSDA: 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2017
House, please I need advice....

I ordered GCMS notes and i noticed that at a point, there's was Funds met written, then another page said Funds to be reviewed.

We claimed 23,000 CAD as POF for a family of 4. On the day we submitted, Oanda gave us figure as 6,646,290 while balance on account was about N50,000 higher than this.

I am now wondering if this isn't a problem because of the 'to be reviewed' comment.

The account balance is a little higher than that now. Should we raise CSE and resubmit POF or wait to see if they ask for proof again?

With the current exchange rate though, we definitely have more than.

What rate do they use? Please help.

Thank you all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tolz451: 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2017
Yea, she has just her First Degree and she wrote IELTS during third trimester...

Thank you!

dtaminator:

You aren't

2 factors

Spouse did not max out language points

Spouse may have only 1st degree(2 points lost)

But this your score is OK with spouse o. ITA won't be far away.

See screen shots below for clarification.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tolz451: 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2017
For your current job, i'd suggest you wait till you get your ITA before requesting for your reference letter but for past job experience(s), I think you are okay requesting for it now.

policy12:

1. I talked wt my HR today on the issue of reference letter,and he asked me to give them the name of d org or inst d letter will b address to. House can someone help wh address will d letter be directed to?

2. Did reference letter expire because now I am not in d EE,I have not done WES since my sch is on strike.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tolz451: 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2017
Thank you!!!

Newmum0615:

November 13, 2017
Sydney,
Nova Scotia

Dear Sir/Madam,

DUTIES

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Pontius Pilate
Head, HR/Admin

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 8:54pm On Dec 09, 2017
MRSDA:
House, please I need advice....

I ordered GCMS notes and i noticed that at a point, there's was Funds met written, then another page said Funds to be reviewed.

We claimed 23,000 CAD as POF for a family of 4. On the day we submitted, Oanda gave us figure as 6,646,290 while balance on account was about N50,000 higher than this.

I am now wondering if this isn't a problem because of the 'to be reviewed' comment.

The account balance is a little higher than that now. Should we raise CSE and resubmit POF or wait to see if they ask for proof again?

With the current exchange rate though, we definitely have more than.

What rate do they use? Please help.

Thank you all

Hi am guessing you submitted a while back. Of course POF is locked at submission. Am thinking the difference from then till now is quite high it might be a suggestion to resubmit POF before PPR. Just my thought.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by soadirect: 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2017
See page 19 of the 2016 Express Entry Year End Report here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/EE-2016-eng.pdf. The total number of Nigerians admitted into Canada under Express Entry increased from 98 in 2015 to 1036 in 2016

einsteino:

pls care to provide a reference for the bolded? The data i am aware of only showed an increase from 4131 to 4425 for 2015 to 2016.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2017
Tolz451:
For your current job, i'd suggest you wait till you get your ITA before requesting for your reference letter but for past job experience(s), I think you are okay requesting for it now.

Thank you but wh address will the letter be direct to?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 9:05pm On Dec 09, 2017
policy12:

Thank you but wh address will the letter be direct to?

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Scard: 9:07pm On Dec 09, 2017
I do not have any specific questions at the moment since I'm still doing my WES Evaluation and IELTS. I believe, I would be in a position to ask when filling the EE profile.

That being said, I am not sure of the effect on my application as a "single parent" with 3 children with a non-accompanying spouse

optionese:

What question do you want answered?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2017
[quote author=optionese post=63134679][/quote]

Thank you..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2017
Scard:
I do not have any specific questions at the moment since I'm still doing my WES Evaluation and IELTS. I believe, I would be in a position to ask when filling the EE profile.

That being said, I am not sure of the effect on my application as a "single parent" with 3 children with a non-accompanying spouse

None so long as you get the required consent form signed IMM5406E (i hope i got that right) anyways you can ask me any questions when you are ready will be happy to help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2017
einsteino:

Have it

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 9:35pm On Dec 09, 2017
soadirect:
It is expected that the traffic will probably even crash the site grin .... You just have to keep trying.

I do not have the intention to apply.
Just monitoring.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Medal007: 9:41pm On Dec 09, 2017
Sydney,
Nova Scotia
Kueshun2 was debated on pages 30-32 earlier this morning. Kindly check to see views from different peepz
policy12:

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.