Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1290773 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ennygal: 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2018
successhungry:

LRSW : 9,9,7.5,8
First attempt, British Council.
So thankful grin

Oh! Doc., congratulations. I want to be like you grin. Let's chat, please. x
pls, share the tips with us. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ajiifixing(m): 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
laminaria:
It appears that Ceec C is on this thread.
Anyone reckons?

Flesh and blood hath not revealed that to you......

grin grin grin

Before Cee-C,she was.

I thought things had improved walahi.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2018
@balogunsam, I sent u a pm , pls kindly respond thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2018
So much bile and venom in the last couple of pages, am disappointed really.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by laminaria(m): 7:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
sunvick:
Lol!! You are looking for trouble abi

Not at all, too much of BBN3. Great job u are doing here.
[quote author=ajiifixing post=66910108

Before Cee-C,she was.

. [/quote]
....U mean there was Anto, Bambam....
Anyway do not underestimate the power of prophecy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koonlay5: 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2018
Sis, no be only you. I just wish i could sleep and wake up to see PPR.

Newmum0615:
Errrmmm, London Visa Office children, can I have that drink of patience you people give to yourselves? Your recently aware family member needs a little of it. Biko.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koonlay5: 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
Check your pm.

nkigirl:

You are very welcome to the family. You need to join the WhatsApp group.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 21, 2018
amidee:

Well.. I was only asking if anyone has experienced this.. no rush here
Okay
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ribaby(f): 9:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
Had the same problem. But I had to mend that bridge by fire by force. So I will advise you to reach out to her and find out if she will be willing to release her documents to you, in fact have her send the documents to you before you input her details. If she refuses , then omit her from ur application but just know you may not be able to mention that you have a sister for the rest of your stay in Canada.

Hello House!
Happy to be chatting here, finally.
I have been reading all: part 1-3. Thank you all for the world of info out here. Please people just read, then there will be less questions to ask :-)

My IELTS came out successful. Now I want to create the EE profile. My question is: I have a sister in Canada. She's got PR. But we are estranged (yeah, family issues, sh*t happens). So I WILL NOT BE CLAIMING POINTS FROM HER.

At the beginning of the form where it asks do you have sister, aunt, uncle in Canada? Will I have lied already if I ticked NO?
Or do I tick YES?
But when asked to show her PR card number to get 15 points, I simply decline? (As I stated, I will not be needing those 15 points).

Hopefully someone will put me through on which part to tick what. I do not want to mess it up by ticking one and the other would be what I should have done.

Thanks all.

PS: @Newmum ayam coming for u :-) NOC Queen.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bibi2017: 9:14pm On Apr 21, 2018
Mine was received on 3rd of April, no update from Accra yet.
amidee:
Hi guys.. Those with ppr and have submitted their passport to Accra over 3 weeks plus or less.. have anyone received their passport back??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emafav: 9:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
Hello House,

Today was hmmmmmm at Classique Events Place (Hall 1) 7A Kudirat Abiola Way today. Well waiting till 4th of May.2018. God please help me..........

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bayojbbb2002: 9:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
First attempt -Feb 1st,2018... LRWS (7,7,6,8 ) with BC

I decided to do EOR the following week, and intentionally added speaking in addition to the listening and writing i wanted upgrade for.
Alas, the result just came dropped in my box. LRWS (7,7,7,8 ). I will sha collect my 15k back.

Thank God i wrote another one today at Classique Event Centre, although it was hmmmmm. Putting all hopes high.

It MUST end in praise.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tomiccell: 10:17pm On Apr 21, 2018
Good stuff!
Crazy how Writing gets upgraded for a lot of people that request. + i'm surprised your EOR result was sent via email.

bayojbbb2002:

I decided to do EOR the following week, and intentionally added speaking in addition to the listening and writing i wanted upgrade for.
Alas, the result just came dropped in my box. LRWS (7,7,7,8 ). I will sha collect my 15k back.

Thank God i wrote another one today at Classique Event Centre, although it was hmmmmm. Putting all hopes high.

It MUST end in praise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Luce: 10:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
successhungry:
@luce

Oh! Doc., congratulations. I want to be like you grin. Let's chat, please. x

Thank you smiley
For listening and reading, I don't have any tips tbh. I just wrote what I heard and I'm generally a fast reader, so I had time to finish and look over my work but I can't really say that I have any concrete tips about those two.
For writing, I watched a few videos on YouTube E2 language with Jay and I honestly was blessed that the questions that came out needed the same format of answers as the videos I watched for both task 1 and 2 because I kinda got bored after watching just a few; so I would recommend watching those. Make sure to do a word count intermittently too.
For speaking, as you can see it wasn't exactly my strong suit. However, I think I know what happened. When asked "describe a time when you had to save up for something..." (and even generally during the speaking test), I didn't really use a variety of tenses, I just answered like I would normally (mainly cos I got comfy with the examiner and was flowing freely like it was a gist session.lol) but I would advise that where possible, try to vary your tenses as well as slide in some phrases..."To the best of my knowledge", "While currently not feasible, in the future I would like to..."(this would have been a perfect way to answer one of the questions I was asked, but I just answered like I was talking to my friend.lol). So in essence, try to be conscious of vocabulary while maintaining a smooth flow of speech.
Dunno if this'll be any help but there you have it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by rukaiya(f): 10:34pm On Apr 21, 2018
Pacowo:
Good evening all,

Please i'd like to confirm since there are no points added for accompanying spouse work history, is it still compulsory to include work history for accompanying spouse. Incase you include it, do you still need to provide a reference letter, pay slip and all the other docs required for the accompanying spouse as well.

Thanks
You're right, as long as the work history isnt Canada based, no points would be gotten for it. If you include it, you'll get a place holder to provide work reference. Most people just move it to personal history to avoid having to go through the hassle of providing unnecessary documents.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Childofgrace123: 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
Pls am interested too. Also in the same shoes university of Ibadan

.. quote author=onyinyechika08 post=66895270]Please anybody here finished from university of Ibadan? How did you go about sending your transcript to Wes. Any contacts? Please help a sister. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by queenieB: 11:04pm On Apr 21, 2018
bayojbbb2002:

It MUST end in praise.

How many weeks did it take for them to get back to you?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by OJaySeenson: 12:50am On Apr 22, 2018
I dont know if anyone has replied to this yet...but be VERY CAREFUL with getting your police certificate. the Nigerian police is NOT YOUR FRIEND on this matter. do your absolute best to ascertain that you are going through the right source or else, you will end up having a very inconvenient conversation with the authorities. There is a lot I cant say on this, but just be very careful.

bday:
Good afternoon everyone,

I just got back from the CID office Alagbon close, Ikoyi to inquire about police character certificate. The way they were acting was suspicious. i.e. I asked how much is it? The lady answered how much did you see online? She eventually told me to bring 1 passport and a photocopy of my international passport bio-data page. A man who works there was insisting i come with him and i had to tell him i don't know him and i came on my own. Please house, how can i tell that the police character certificate i am issued is authentic? Is there a site online i can put the ref no (if there is any)? or something i can do to be 100% sure? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzzyan: 12:52am On Apr 22, 2018
mbakweich:
MOD fall hands today. They didn't provide headset, used one old church speaker that sounds like a bursted speaker. In short the listening test here in agidingbi ikeja was nothing good to write home about. We Don try our best, na baba hands the rest dey. Canada, if I finally meet you eeeh.......

Funny thing!!! I wrote with MOD at Grange, Ikeja GRA and we all had earphones and it seemed there were extras.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzzyan: 1:03am On Apr 22, 2018
Hi everyone, please is CIM certificate in marketing good enough to be used as a second certificate?

If Yes, any ideas on how I can get the verification sent to WES?

I want to be sure it can be used to need up my points before adding it to my WES profile.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by OJaySeenson: 1:23am On Apr 22, 2018
this whole "illegal immigration/border crossing" thing is all Justin Trudeau's fault. The guy doesn't know when to shut up. comes on TV with his pretty boy face and sweet tongue and opens the flood gates to refugees who's stories they don't know. He has opened a can of worms that he doesn't know how to close, and now, its likely that legitimate immigrants will end up paying the price...this is the reason liberal governments are doing more harm than good, and they don't even know it...God help us all...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzzyan: 1:46am On Apr 22, 2018
Being curious, can one use the statement on their PFA account as POF
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by successhungry: 4:16am On Apr 22, 2018
[quote author=Childofgrace123 post=66916618] Pls am interested too. Also in the same shoes university of Ibadan

Step 1: go to admissions office; opposite 'love garden' (room 7),tell the woman what you want to do
You would be given a form.NB: you must have paid your ECA fee as your reference number must be on your request form. The request form would be given to you at room 7 to make a foto copy.Then,fill the form appropraitely. Ask that transcript and fotocopy of certificate be sent together so you won't have to spend unnecessarily.
Pay transcript processing and DHL fee.You would get a tracking number. Delivery to WES takes about 3 business days. � .
Once your status updates to "verification needed from institution",you would proceed to exams and record having paid the verification fee. That takes more time.

I would send you contacts for admissions and exams and records privately.xx

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hayor2014(m): 4:18am On Apr 22, 2018
Uzzyan:
Being curious, can one use the statement on their PFA account as POF

Yes,get the signed cover letter from your PFA also..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by amidee(f): 4:40am On Apr 22, 2018
queenieB:

Thanks alot, I'll ask for another but incase they refuse, guess other supporting documents will be it then...

I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by amidee(f): 5:04am On Apr 22, 2018
Did you send them a mail after submitting your passport in Accra....
nusetron:
First heard about express entry on the 17th of July 2017
Applied for transcript on the 7th of August 2017
Transcript and other vital documents reached PEBC 24th of September 2017
Acknowledgement of document receipt 11th of October 2017
Wrote IELTS 28th of October 2017(performed well but wifey did better, so we opted for madam’s result L8.5 R8.5 W7 S8)
Then the long wait……………… Received ECA Report 28th of Dec 2017 .
Mailed Document Evaluator on the 22nd of January 2018 requesting for Wifey's CIC Ref number(miraculously she obliged and responded in less than 30minutes).
Armed with all vital information we Dived into the pool with a CRS score of 479.
ITA fell expectedly on us on the 24th of January 2018.
Reached out to @glitteringstar and @yimiton on the 30th of January 2018 to rub minds on how to write my LOE.
AOR received on the 31st of January 2018
Weight loss commenced on the 1st of February 2018(don’t blame me oooooooo. I had to fast for the long wait ahead…lol)
IP1 came before passing medicals(14TH of Feb & 17th of Feb 2018)
NA2 followed quickly on the 19th of February 2018
Then the much anticipated IP2 came in after the massive upgrade 27th of February 2018).
Received ghost update after 43days (9th of April 2018)
PPR mail followed suit at exactly 3.40am on the 11th of April 2018.
Shipped passport off to ACCRA visa office same day 11th of April 2018
Finally, application got approved this day the 19th of April 2018.

God be praised.

May this journey end in praise for all of us. AMEN!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by amidee(f): 5:16am On Apr 22, 2018
Nope.. The
bibi2017:
Mine was received on 3rd of April, no update from Accra yet.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:54am On Apr 22, 2018
thekingskiddy:
Sometime last week, someone posted on the thread that etx were effective with the whole transcript thing. I think if you were to search the thread using keywords like 'ETX', 'WES', etc., you should find the post. So based on that, i would advise you go ahead and use them if you really do not have a contact at your university.
Effective KWA!
Though I have a contact at the university, OAU precisely. Since last year and up till now My transcript to WES via the useless etx medium has ended up in nothing. Painfully the WES address is valid. I don't know who to blame whether is the university or etx because I paid N22500 as the processing fee
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by onyinyechika08: 6:09am On Apr 22, 2018
happytbaby:
No wahala jare, I get you. In addition to your degree, you need one of those on the list above.

Graduate certificate, hmm NIM (Nigerian institute of management) graduate certificate offered after nysc should be accepted I guess.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by onyinyechika08: 6:12am On Apr 22, 2018
[quote author=successhungry post=66919286][/quote]
kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Threemg: 7:25am On Apr 22, 2018
Please great people I have a concern. Will wrong inputed TRF number earn you an ITA when all things are good.
If YES can this be corrected PostITA without causing any problem. Please help a brother biko.

cc GS, happytbaby, Cochtrane, Mcstan18, NewMum
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bayojbbb2002: 7:27am On Apr 22, 2018
queenieB:

How many weeks did it take for them to get back to you?

About 9-10weeks

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.