Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1290646 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Deebay: 11:07am On Dec 23, 2017
primeson1:
It's Christmas PPR.
Woke up to see the mail ��
Ppr Dec 23 mail came 12:04am
I appreciate everybody here for their helps.
I Bless the name of God. He will surely do yours if you believe.
Christmas PPR is still happening, claim yours.
Congratulations...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 23, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Thanks bro.

Congratulations dear.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kissoflife: 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2017
Uzoreen:
The document for POE for your POF. My POF is in fixed deposit now and I just want to understand if I need to print another bank statement before traveling to show at POE. Thanks again.

I am not sure you will be asked about your POF again at thre POE but you must surely be asked how much have on you. I plan to submit just the same documents at the POE if asked.

what matters is he cash not the documents
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Mire222: 1:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
[quote author=Pipsbasketings post=63540638][color=#000099]Hello house - Urgent question SVP
Yes you can send the documents down to get it done. I don't live in Lagos but a friend in lag handled it for my husband and I. After it was processed, Sent scanned copies to us before sending the original .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 23, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Scard: 2:17pm On Dec 23, 2017
Thanks @Deebay

Deebay:

Accompanying spouse details show when filling the profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fameli: 2:49pm On Dec 23, 2017
Thanks for your response

GlitteringStar:

LVO is just like other visa offices but they are known for carrying out thorough checks and co. Don't notify IRCC that your POF is no longer available ooo to avoid stories that touch.

Can you get the money for the emergency from another source? Try to get the money from another source if you can. Liquidating and spending your POF is not advisable especially since your Visa Office is London.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Floking: 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
Please I need reply urgently. I created an express entry profile, I was invited to apply.before the application I did update my profile but didn’t transmit. After my PR application, my express entry profile is showing your action is required. I was sent a message to check my status, but there is no message telling me what to do. What do I do
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nozzle(m): 4:57pm On Dec 23, 2017
mosbiod:
Congratulations grin grin grin.. oya give us the timeline sharp!

sleekysilk:

Congrats Nozzle. The journey is definitely not for the fainthearted. Its gonna be a merry Xmas. We bless God.
GlitteringStar:

Congratulations!
optionese:

Awwwww
40manlappy:

Congratulations! Wish you success in the new land smiley

Bsbabe:

Congrats Nozzle! May the land favour you and yours.
ugoiyke79e:
Hello house,
I finally caught up with the thread!

Congrats to all the ITA recipients you our dear glitteringstar....may all your applications have smooth processing and a speedy ppr.

@ Nozzle, congrats on your ppr. So happy for u and thanks for sharing your experience with us all.
Let's hope people will agree to read through the pages and learn rather than asking same questions repeatedly.

@junmi5 and all other new members of this thread, you need to read cos it will not only save u agent fees, but save u from grave mistakes.

Merry Christmas to those celebrating. May the year ahead bring good tidings to this thread.

Cheers everyone.

Thank you all. We're waiting to celebrate more PPRs!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by upgrade: 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2017
Hi everyone, Please what should be in the loe for previous visa refusal ? how detailed should it be ? is it a must to submit schedule A form ? thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 23, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2017
Pipsbasketings:
I like someone to confirm if I can scan the form to someone home to do it for me

Yes you may.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekysilk: 6:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
Pipsbasketings:
I like someone to confirm if I can scan the form to someone home to do it for me

Yes you can scan. Together with the data page of your international passport and 1/2 passport photograph(s) in hard copy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ilekzy(m): 6:16pm On Dec 23, 2017
Deebay:

Every one here is a DIY person.
OK, what are your ielts scores?
How many years experience do you both have as individuals? Age? Degree etc. Let's have your details, who knows your wife could be the PA.
L-8,R-9,W-7,S-7 are my ielts scores. I'm 36 and have over 4 years experience in community pharmacy. Spouse is 33 with a score of L-7.5,R-8.5,W-6.5,S-7
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ilekzy(m): 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2017
Hello good people, please how do I pay for ECA evaluation. Can I pay with my naira MasterCard or PayPal or do I need to open a domiciliary account?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by umazigy: 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2017
First time Poster

Let me first thank everyone who contributes to this forum, the discussions I follow on this platform have been very fruitful.

Now to my story;
My cousin introduced me to Express Entry.Before my wife and I started off, we did a proper study on how the process works. My wife paid for her IELTS in June 2016, but i couldn't write with her because i was out of the country. She wrote and made an 8

I got back and started my own process, I wrote and got a 7.5. Because she is younger and has had a more straight forward career path, she was the main applicant.

WES for madam came very easy from her school here in Nigeria and the UK. My School wasted 3 good months with all the back and forth with WES but it was resolved.

We uploaded all our documents and got into the pool. Within 3 weeks we got our ITA. Then we started gathering documents, from previous employers. Her former work place was a little bit of a challenge though but it was issued to her finally.
1st February 2017 - EE Profile created
14th March 2017 - Invitation to Apply
4th July 2017 - Received acknowledgement of receipt of application for PR
20th July 2017 - Received a request letter IMM5475 release of information
27th September 2017 - Updated Proof of Funds
14th November 2017 - Passport Request
13th December 2017 - Profile Updated
19th December 2017 - Passport Returned

My wife had to show proof of how funds moved from my account to hers and to make it water tight we provided other accounts through which monies flowed, including my Domiciliary accounts (corporate) highlighting payments from clients. Initially we had problems uploading heavy files because it appeared that we couldn't upload files above 4mb, we then had to compress them using Nitro software.

My Advice to prospective applicants.
1. DO NOT SUBMIT FALSE DOCUMENTS – You may think you are smart but they are smarter, they can see what you cannot see, these guys are meticulous and they leave no stone unturned. If we can go through the process without issues, I believe you can also so just do the RIGHT thing.
2. Be Patient – We never bothered calling London office after we sought info on where our documents were being processed (London).
3. Make sure you follow-up with your transcript from your school.
4. Study hard for IELTS so you don’t write it over and over again, and if you are married ensure that your spouse writes to help boost your score.
5. Advise all your family members to apply.

Now it is time to pack my bag and baggage with my family and Jet out (lol. na next year April we dey go o).
Big thanks to Nairaland and all the seniors in the house who have been so helpful .
See you guys on the other side.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 7:22pm On Dec 23, 2017
umazigy:

1. DO NOT SUBMIT FALSE DOCUMENTS – You may think you are smart but they are smarter, they can see what you cannot see, these guys are meticulous and they leave no stone unturned. If we can go through the process without issues, I believe you can also so just do the RIGHT thing.
2. Be Patient – We never bothered calling London office after we sought info on where our documents were being processed (London).
4. Study hard for IELTS so you don’t write it over and over again, and if you are married ensure that your spouse writes to help boost your score.

Impressive! Good job. Congrats man!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 1GhanaMan: 7:25pm On Dec 23, 2017
Hello all,

I have bn ff this page for quite sometime now and I'm really impressed with the way things are run here. However, It looks like there are only a handful of Ghanaians here sad

My story so far:

Got admission to U of Calgary for MEng Pet Eng but I was bounced the visa just last August. The idea was to get PR thru school. After this was when I discovered this page and decided to write IELTS and go thru the EE route. I wrote the IELTS with my wife (who also has BSc) and got LRWS - 8,6.5,7,7.5 (mine) - 7.5,6.5,7,7 (wifee's). Concurrently, I applied to Coventry University (campus in Ghana hosted by GTUC) for a 1yr MSc program which I started last September. I wrote the IELTS again on Dec 2 and got LRWS - 8,7,7.5,7. This shot my CRS to 405. Mind u, I'm 34 years wink. After my masters in Sept, 2018 I'm gonna be in the range of ITA. I have some basic proficiency in French so I'm considering polishing it and giving the TEF a try, just in case the scores for ITA do not plummet after my masters degree.

My motivation to do this has come from this page considering the fact that pple are being splashed with PR day in day out.

As u pple say - "It shall all end in praise"

Greetings from the Accra Visa Office grin

Congrats to all ITA and PR recipients

36 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by lilyandie: 8:49pm On Dec 23, 2017
Season’s Greetings and Merry Christmas to everyone.

So i’m team LVO, AOR since Sept 26, there are some days I feel down cos the ‘wonderful people’ in LVO are taking their time, but my nairaland peeps just always raise my spirits up. Thank you guys for your contributions, i dont usually post alot, but i must thank you guys for encouraging everyone and giving us tips on what to do right.

Thank you and God bless you all.
Have a lovely and miracle filled holiday.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2017
umazigy:
First time Poster

Congratulations! Wishing you all the best ahead.

I remember telling Yokus that I submitted my children's Nigerian passports(that's what I used for Medicals) and when I ordered GCMS notes they had their US passport numbers there. I also saw they share info with the US. I was like wow! I kukuma sent both passports for them to choose whether they'll stamp the Nigerian or just give them COPR with the US one.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2017
1GhanaMan:
Hello all,

My motivation to do this has come from this page considering the fact that pple are being splashed with PR day in day out.

The bolded gladened my heart.... lol
Enjoy and achieve what you've set your mind to.

If you can snag the 30 points for French you may not need to wait till Sept 2018.

I wish you all the best.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekysilk: 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
umazigy:
First time Poster
Now it is time to pack my bag and baggage with my family and Jet out (lol. na next year April we dey go o).
Big thanks to Nairaland and all the seniors in the house who have been so helpful .
See you guys on the other side.

Congrats man! May the land favour you and yours
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekysilk: 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2017
1GhanaMan:
Hello all,

I have bn ff this page for quite sometime now and I'm really impressed with the way things are run here. However, It looks like there are only a handful of Ghanaians here sad

Yea! 1GhanaMan in da building...representing AVO grin
@bolded, ...and you shall not be disappointed. It will surely end in praise for you. Keep keeping on...you'll get there

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Chykae: 10:17pm On Dec 23, 2017
Thanks, very useful.

Emerson500:
Here are the links to some of the materials I used which has been shared here already before.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A32Ko0KVjhZDZEWFBsOWYybDA
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ojk5EVi9onWm5NcHB5UEVYY2c

The first link contains cambridge IELTS 1 - 10. while the second has cambridge IELTS 5 - 12. So you might want to consider downloading the folders individually so you don't have duplicate copies and waste data. You can also request for a practise material from https://admissiontestportal.com/en/pages/4-ielts-test-preparation/

Other sites I used for tips were ieltsliz.com, readingielts.com ieltsbuddy.com especially for writing, band 9 speaking videos on youtube. E2 videos and so. Just practice reading and listening more with the cambridge ielts after looking up tips and you should be good to go for those ones.

I think for the duration for preparation, it depends on the time you put in and how fast you start getting desirable results and build your confidence. I took about 5 weeks to prepare.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2017
Thanks for your reply dear.

kissoflife:

I am not sure you will be asked about your POF again at thre POE but you must surely be asked how much have on you. I plan to submit just the same documents at the POE if asked.

what matters is he cash not the documents
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2017
umazigy:
First time Poster

Let me first thank everyone who contributes to this forum, the discussions I follow on this platform have been very fruitful.

Congrats! smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dislat: 2:31am On Dec 24, 2017
I currently work in a pharmaceutical industry and I have a WES evaluation report, but my concern is that: what if I got to Canada and could only get a job in Hospital, where practising license is required. Would I still be allowed to go through Canadian Pharmacists licensing process? I need submissions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kunmi5: 2:55am On Dec 24, 2017
Got this from part 2. Can't quote it cos the thread is locked.
Most issues were trashed here. Was worth the reading. grin, Learnt quite a lot though tiring staring.
@Sleekysilk, I can answer your exam questions now grin

IELTS practice links
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/101#44749678
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/104#44811679

Delayed verification from school for WES
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/105#44837270

Can one send Nigerian university transcript from a Canadian institution that already has it?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/106#44922258

Cost of working with agents and pulling out during the process
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/110#45097508
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/110#45097959

Can a spouse claim points with experience?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/112#45277878

Documents you need when you have ITA
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/112#45302065

I work in a good company, earn good salary, should I still do FSW?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/114#45404213
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/114#45410426

Evaluating OND & BSC as two or more years
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/114#45455608
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/114#45456308
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/115#45463628
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/149#47608665

Should I report pregnancy after COP?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/115#45480564

What score do I need on IELTS to be on the safe side?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/117#45597522

What is the WES evaluation process like?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/117#45601868

How do I get a gift deed?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/120#45787141
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/120#45788427

Should I evaluate BSc, if I have MSc already?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/124#45992179

How do I evaluate Bsc Pharmacy?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/124#46005448

I want to make a gift deed. What is the format?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/124#46005448

I am applying via Express Entry. What is the step-by-step process?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/125

I want to decline an ITA. What should I know?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/127#46241171

I am applying for ITA. What a expiry dates for the different documents?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/128#46293738

Do I need to include reference letters for all my employers?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/130#46407857
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/130#46408327

What is an ideal reference letter like?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/130#46453183

Is ICAN accepted by WES?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/134#46668721

Does WES evaluated ACCA?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/136#46806787

Helpful information on PNPs
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/144#47208212

Will WES go ahead with evaluation without receiving credentials from all institutions?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/148#47575954

What do you need from your bank?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/154#47792504

What exactly does IRCC require for POF?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/155#47867079

Can one really use pension as POF?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/157#47994872
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/158#47999624
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/158#47999624

What is the difference between EE & FSW?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/165#48304320

How should reference letter be addressed, in case I can't use "To Whom It May Concern"?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/169#48499404
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/169#48510886

Can I create EE profile without spouse's IELTS & ECA?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/171#48610485

What does "AOR" mean?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/172#48698300

About part-time hours
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/183#49362660
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/184#49363743
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/184#49379771

Do I evaluate WAEC with WES?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/187#49552685
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/189#49655648

Can I use NYSC experience?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/194#49944312

Can I include a dependant as part of my application?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/197#50253592

A medical doctor got ITA!
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/198#50339094

What do you see when you get ITA?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/200#50426324

Pg 201 - Pg 300

I got ITA, but I am getting married next week
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/202#50537970
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/202#50538888
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/202#50542499
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/202#50558583
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/204#50647422
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/215#51280443
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/243#53002445
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/247#53131401
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/248#53142606
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/266#53551152

Should I add payslips to my reference letter?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/202#50564556
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/202#50567542
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/203#50578417
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/203#50596565
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/203#50600718
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/204#50648252
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/204#50654601
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/254#53285484

How do I know my CLB level with IETLS?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/203#50574513

What is the difference between SINP & OID?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/205#50703628

What exactly is the difference between getting PR via EE & getting PR via PNP?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/205#50707538

Can I use savings account for my POF?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/206#50756628

How about increasing my score by getting a job in Canada?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/204#50618315

Can I get a WES reference number for sending my documents without paying?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/213#51152310

I want to get PR. Should I use an agent or Should I do it myself?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/208#50852184
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/209#50930778

I want to increase my CRS score by evaluating by secondary school diploma. Should I do

this?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/211#51077258

I got ITA. But my birthday is soon. Will my CRS score drop?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/215#51277290
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/215#51279447

I need reference letter, but I do not want my employer to know my reasons for getting

one.
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/215#51297501

Can I send my certificate and transcript from school in one package to WES & IQAS in

order to avoid double cost?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/218#51593666

I do not have my certificate, can I send WES a statement of result instead?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/219#51728542
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/255#53296488

What are the pros & cons of Australia PR vs Canada PR?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/221#51917930

What are the Pros and cons of New Zealand PR system?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/221#51964165
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/222#51971478
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/222#51990673

Someone with a very good IELTS score shares tips
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/224#52182892

What is the validity of IETLS results?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/225#52190662

I want to get letter and bank statement from bank, but bank has refused to issue letter

and only want to issue bank statement. What do I do?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/226#52354189

Any tips on preparing for IELTS writing tasks?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/228#52492431

Is writing my answers in capital letters a problem in IETLS?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/230#52635634

Can I use ICAN as additional qualification with WES?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/238#52875580
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/238#52886234

What are the docs I need to prove relationship with relative living in Canada?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/238#52876088

I am post-ITA. Which resources should I consult for detailed information?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/238#52879366

How do I get a reference letter? the coy does not give out and my direct boss cannot

use the coy's letterhead.
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/239#52895401

I have a dependent child who I have not adopted. How do I get him to Canada with my PR

application?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/239#52914500

Can I make changes to my EE application after accepting iTA?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/242#53002174

I got ITA, but found out I was pregnant a few weeks after. What do I do?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/245#53062051
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/246#53109009

Is it compulsory to add your supervisor's complimentary card to your reference letter?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/249#53173985

I got ITA with a particular NOC. Now I got a work reference letter carrying a different

NOC. Can I change it in my application?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/252#53238122

It's surprising that I didn't get points for relatives in Canada.
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/254#53283118
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/254#53286244

Can listening & reading scores be changed after an IETLS re-marking?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/255#53297136
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/255#53299484

Pricelist and requirements for medicals at Qlife as at Feb 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/256#53315876

Do I have to liquidate my mutual funds account for POF?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/256#53342407

How does a sample reference letter look like?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/257#53357730

Is it a problem to use several reference letters from several companies for work

experience?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/258#53374271

I don't live in Nigeria. How do I get Police Clearance Certificate?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/258#53374364

I don't have paystubs. How do I explain this in a LOE?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/259#53421354

What is the format for a gift of deed?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/261#53487248

I submitted 5 bank accounts as POF!
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/264#53529307

I got ITA, but have only 2 years and 11 months experience. What do I do?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/266#53550823
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/267#53551276

The age on WES evaluation is different from age on passport. What should I do?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/270#53575500

Can I use ICAN to claim points for "two or more certificates"?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/273#53611032
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/274#53612769

I have done IELTS and sent my certificate for evaluation, but have not heard back from

WES just yet. Can I go ahead and create an EE profile?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/275#53625691

Which address should I input for WES?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/277#53670007

I am post-ITA and am filling out the forms. Which addresses do I put under "Address

History"?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/279#53724689
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/280#53729420

Can I have more than one EE profile?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/280#53728197

Must my NOC be related to my academic qualification?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/284#53804599

Can a medical doctor get PR?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/284#53806826

Few details on things to note when creating an EE profile?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/287#53885383

Who has used GTB or Diamond bank for POF? What should I request for?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/293#53968195

I will have less than six months validity on my passport at the time of submission on my application. What should I do?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/299#54063548

How do I attach LOE to my application?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/300

24 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kunmi5: 3:25am On Dec 24, 2017
ALL ABOUT GIFT DEEDS as posted by COCHTRANE in August

What is a gift deed?
You don't have enough money for Proof of Funds and you would have a relation or friend post a bulk sum into your account to cover your proof of funds. You then do a gift deed to somehow "legalize" this transaction so that it doesn't raise eyebrows. This is so your application stands in good shape.

Firstly, you should do a gift deed only if you feel comfortable doing it. IRCC has not explicity required that applicants do a gift deed. It's not present on their website. However, there is evidence to believe some have done gift deeds and successfully obtained their PR. My guess is that the Visa Officers evaluated each application on its own merit. Therefore, how you package your gift deed in your overall application is more likely to have an effect on how successfully it is evaluated. As far as I can tell, the gift deed idea evolved from the canadavisa site into Nairaland. Nairalanders embraced it and some have used it successfully.

How does a gift deed work?
A friend, family member, etc, sends a bulk amount into your account before you obtain your statement of account. Then you have to draft some sort of "explanation" attributable to this person which effectively assures the VO that the money has been gifted to you for valid reasons.

Can anyone provide you a gift deed or just family members?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/162#48166112

Check these links, you'll get the mixed feelings about this famous "deed gift" thing.:
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/677#58780700
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/552#57598715
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/683#58809082

And for at least one person, a bulk of the money entered into her account without a gift deed. No explanations, lol:
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/736#59214871

Someone did a gift deed and got his visa
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/261#53487558
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/683#58809082
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/677#58780700

Someone used a gift deed and got PNP
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/617#58217823

Is it advisable to notarize your gift deed?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/314#54280206
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/314#54279160

Do I need any additional statements from the person providing the gift?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/305#54189638

Is it advisable to get a gift deed from two or more different persons?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/294#53980201

Should I use a gift deed if money is from my spouse?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/338#54697251
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/396#55765821
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/741#59239869

Should I be worried about using a gift deed?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/427#56240914
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/427#56240148
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/486#57017961
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/550#57579436

Can I type the gift deed on a regular A4 paper?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/697#58877389

What are some others things I should know about gift deed?
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/419#56140015

If you want to do the deed of gift, here are some formats:
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/124#46058842
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/261#53487248

Finally, it is unlikely you will find any 100% conviction from anyone to use a gift deed. So, don't start asking the question to death. Use it after you have assessed all these collated opinions above and you become convinced yourself.

Are there alternatives? Yes! You can get the money and put it into some fixed deposit investment, then present the FD. Similarly, you can use it for treasury bills or mutual funds, etc. In summary, there are options. The decision lies with you.

Good luck smiley

17 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by onispark: 3:35am On Dec 24, 2017
Hi Guys,

Please is it compulsory for your work experience to tally with the kind of jobs you will apply for in Canada if you get your PPR?

Will the PPR restrict you to only the types of jobs you say you have experience in (the letters of recs used)?

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.