Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1290504 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 12:27pm On Dec 26, 2017
Negotiate:
GlitteringStar, CanadianEnginee and canadianfly, please help solve my small ignorance.

Go and read page zero of the thread

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
kunmi5:
We shouldn't treat contrasting views as an act of war.
Kindly stop refering to irrelevant past post especially when its been trashed, back-up with references, accepted by every party (EVEN ME)

Further to the ECA issue in question. Dupsychoo is correct, but is it the only way possible?
Even though single evaluation of Masters gives you what you want, I dont see any reason why one should leave out other degrees when you wont get charged per degree (For WES ECA though). At least for mine, I wasnt charged extra for MBA, BSc in a single evaluation. You only get charged when you update a new degree after evaluation certificate/statement has been finalised.
(You might want to leave it out such if facing problems getting transcripts for lower degrees)
Whats your take on this?

Kindly, lets reply without flaring tempers. Its not my intention to insult, have a tussle of words or have the last say. We're all here to learn.
Hoping to hear from you.

Why are you evaluating your anything less than your highest degree? The ECA your evaluate for immigration purposes is not relevant to my knowledge for any other thing .

So evaluating your Bsc and Msc is a waste of time for those evaluating and your processing time takes longer .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2017
optionese:

Why are you evaluating your anything less than your highest degree? The ECA your evaluate for immigration purposes is not relevant to my knowledge for any other thing .

So evaluating your Bsc and Msc is a waste of time for those evaluating and your processing time takes longer

Not necessarily. Perhaps for those with Nigerian degrees however those from the new generation universities get their transcripts with no issues.
In my opinion, it's one's choice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 26, 2017
optionese:

So evaluating your Bsc and Msc is a waste of time for those evaluating and your processing time takes longer .

It will even cost more because you will get charged for each copy of the transcript, when there are different nigerian institutions involved that's a long thing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
Optimist1528:

Yes, the company is registered and operates legitimately. I have clients that can provide references evidence of dealing. The business was even registered solely for the purpose of the line of business.

However I worry about the chances of getting PPR, I haven’t seen or heard anyone who went down that line and got it, or does anyone in the house knows any? Please share !!!

Folks are advising I apply as an employee in the company and the only letter from the company that would carry a name (reference letter) can come in the second share holders name (not a family member so the name would be totally different from mine).

Your thoughts? I’m just trying to thread the path that guarantees the end result. Please what are your thoughts?

Best not to lie, if the vo handling your case decides to do further checks and yoir employer's story doesn't add up, it's trouble. I am also aplying as self employed as my proffession allows that. I am prepared to explain everything that has to do with that rather than have a phony employer whose story will be different from mine. You might not be as lucky as those people who created a false employer.
I'll advise yoi stick to the truth

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 1:05pm On Dec 26, 2017
bbaby84:

Not necessarily. Perhaps for those with Nigerian degrees however those from the new generation universities get their transcripts with no issues.
In my opinion, it's one's choice.
Honest question : What will evaluating both achieve? More points and pay for two transcripts instead of one. You don't use the evaluation for anything other than immigration. So how sway?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ugoiyke79e: 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2017
caon:
God bless u so so much.I am very grateful.can I do same for hubby personal history?as I had erroreously given 3yrs on a particular instead of 2 yes n 1 year respectively

yes, u should make both corrections and properly title them (for easy identification) then upload all scanned together.
cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 1:15pm On Dec 26, 2017
optionese:

Honest question : What will evaluating both achieve? More points and pay for two transcripts instead of one. You don't use the evaluation for anything other than immigration. So how sway?

Honest answer : its cost £17 to order both transcripts and he's had to upgrade to ICAP so it was better we evaluated both. You see?

The truth is some people who ran away from WES are still going to need it especially some of us that are in certain profession and want to settle in ontario. For example me, I didn't bother with WES as I would have only added 8 points. Here I am how many months down the line paying 300 something CAD for ICAP as I cannot get into my field without it. You don't pay extra to WES to evalute your multiple degrees.

So like I said it's your choice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Santino1(m): 1:17pm On Dec 26, 2017
Just to add some perspectives to the ECA debate.

If you asked me: Should I evaluate both M.Sc and B.Sc or just M.Sc?

My answer to you would be it depends. If you are looking at the short term, i.e. you don't want to go through the stress of applying for Nigerian B.Sc (especially for guys with foreign M.Sc like myself) and just want to enter the pool as quickly as you can, then by all means evaluate only M.Sc (I'm sure you are aware you won't be getting extra points for evaluating both B.Sc and M.Sc as someone wrongly posited earlier). However, If you are looking long term, then I'd advise you evaluate both (especially if you are in a regulated profession) as you "might" need it for licensing and other job related stuff.

My experience: A colleague of mine that we started the application together evaluated only his M.Sc and I made the "mistake" of evaluating both. We both got our COPR last month and started planning for Canada. Since we are both in a regulated profession, we realised we needed to apply for membership of a professional organisation (APEGA in my case and APGO in his case). All I had to do was upgrade my ECA to course-by-course evaluation (with both my degrees) but in his case he was missing some courses (which he did in his B.Sc) on his M.Sc only evaluation and to be eligible for an EIT (engineer-in-training) status, he has to sit some exams (with fees of course). He called the registrar and he was told he'll get a waiver for those courses if he evaluates his B.Sc as well to show that he has taken and passed those course. He tried to apply for his B.Sc transcript but SANU is currently on strike and he's stuck while my application is under review.

Now in hindsight, my "mistake" turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Apologies for the long rant but like I said I wanted to offer another perspective (with personal experiences) to guide others when making their plans (long and short term).

Happy holidays and good luck to everyone.

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 1:20pm On Dec 26, 2017
bbaby84:

Honest answer : its cost £17 to order both transcripts and he's had to upgrade to ICAP so it was better we evaluated both. You see?

The truth is some people who ran away from WES are still going to need it especially some of us that are in certain profession and want to settle in ontario. For example me, I didn't bother with WES as I would have only added 8 points. Here I am how many months down the line paying 300 something CAD for ICAP as I cannot get into my field without it. You don't pay extra to WES to evalute your multiple degrees.

I get your point. That's a different reason for evaluating both. Uncle Kunmi5 said evaluate both to increase your points and chances of ITA. Now that is wrong information.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 1:23pm On Dec 26, 2017
bbaby84:

Alright then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 26, 2017
This your story and perspective have been shared long ago, the problem is still not reading. I shared it myself and some folks did as well, I evaluated both my B. Sc and M. Sc, both obtained from Nigeria. Nothing is new but what would be new is reading up.
Santino1:

My answer to you would be it depends. If you are looking at the short term, i.e. you don't want to go through the stress of applying for Nigerian B.Sc (especially for guys with foreign M.Sc like myself) and just want to enter the pool as quickly as you can, then by all means evaluate only M.Sc (I'm sure you are aware you won't be getting extra points for evaluating both B.Sc and M.Sc as someone wrongly posited earlier). However, If you are looking long term, then I'd advise you evaluate both (especially if you are in a regulated profession) as you "might" need it for licensing and other job related stuff.

My experience: A colleague of mine that we started the application together evaluated only his M.Sc and I made the "mistake" of evaluating both. We both got our COPR last month and started planning for Canada. Since we are both in a regulated profession, we realised we needed to apply for membership of a professional professional organisation (APEGA in my case and APGO in his case). All I had to do was upgrade my ECA to course-by-course evaluation (with both my degrees) but in his case he was missing some courses (which he did in his B.Sc) on his M.Sc only evaluation and to be eligible for an EIT (engineer-in-training) status, he has to sit some exams (with fees of course). He called the registrar and he was told he'll get a waiver for those courses if he evaluates his B.Sc as well to show that he has taken and passed those course. He tried to apply for his B.Sc transcript but SANU is currently on strike and he's stuck while my application is under review.

Apologies for the long rant but like I said I wanted to offer another perspective (with personal experiences) to guide others when making their plans (long and short term).

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
Santino1:

My answer to you would be it depends. If you are looking at the short term, i.e. you don't want to go through the stress of applying for Nigerian B.Sc (especially for guys with foreign M.Sc like myself) and just want to enter the pool as quickly as you can, then by all means evaluate only M.Sc (I'm sure you are aware you won't be getting extra points for evaluation both B.Sc and M.Sc as someone wrongly posited earlier). However, If you are looking long term, then I'd advise you evaluate both (especially if you are in a regulated profession) as you "might" need it for licensing and other job related stuff.

My experience: A colleague of mine that we started the application together evaluated only his M.Sc and I made the "mistake" of evaluating both. We both got our COPR last month and started planning for Canada. Since we are both in a regulated profession, we realised we needed to apply for membership of a professional professional organisation (APEGA in my case and APGO in his case). All I had to do was upgrade my ECA to course-by-course evaluation (with both my degrees) but in his case he was missing some courses (which he did in his B.Sc) on his M.Sc only evaluation and to be eligible for an EIT (engineer-in-training) status, he has to sit some exams (with fees of course). He called the registrar and he was told he'll get a waiver for those courses if he evaluates his B.Sc as well to show that he has taken and passed those course. He tried to apply for his B.Sc transcript but SANU is currently on strike and he's stuck while my application is under review.

My point exactly! Lol. I'm in your friend's shoes lol. Unilag is on strike...
A lot of people don't come back and say this part lol

Meanwhile, I even wanted to register for a short course to fast track everything. Guess what? I still need ICAP for that too. Also, they only accept WES evaluation no IQAS/ICES etc

cc 40manlappy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Santino1(m): 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
elfmann:
This your story and perspective have been shared long ago, the problem is still not reading. I shared it myself and some folks did as well, I evaluated both my B. Sc and M. Sc, both obtained from Nigeria. Nothing is new but what would be new is reading up.

My apologies then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2017
Very wrong.. Reading and comprehension lacking.
Canadianfly:

I get your point. That's a different reason for evaluating both. Uncle Kunmi5 said evaluate both to increase your points and chances of ITA. Now that is wrong information.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2017
Errm just to add as regards regulated profession. Lawyers am sure you all know you don't need WES. It's NCA that evaluates your professional degree when you want to do your Bar exams in Canada. IQAS is still your best bet.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by papi7: 1:28pm On Dec 26, 2017
HELLO @KEVINOH, KINDLY RESPOND TO MY PERSONAL MESSAGE, I HAVE SOME IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO ASK. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Kevinoh:

Hello, I can't really say for sure what may have triggered such request. I believe everyone's case is unique, it's not like it's a general thing to request for such. In my own case my old passport expires in February 2018, and so I was asked to provide a new one, proof of payment for my RPRF along with some payslips and tax documents
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2017
Canadianfly:

Yes I agree with you and as I said he needs to read and understand.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by labiola: 1:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
Merry Christmas to you all, I have a question on POF. Please note, have been reading from 2, but have not been able to read about my question. I have all my savings in cooperative society being managed by my organization, I work in financial institution. Is reference letter from my cooperative society suffice for POF? Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 1:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
optionese:
Errm just to add as regards regulated profession. Lawyers am sure you all know you don't need WES. It's NCA that evaluates your professional degree when you want to do your Bar exams in Canada. IQAS is still your best bet.

Is this true for lawyers even in Ontario? Please lawyers research your intending province of settlement and requirements.
All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
optionese:
Lawyers are fully covered then..no double evaluation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Homguy(m): 1:36pm On Dec 26, 2017
Hello fam,
Please I want to confirm gets payment. I am applying with my wife with a single express entry profile,
Would I be paying "right of permanent residence fee for two people or just one, for our application profile.?

bbaby84
Canadianfly
Elfman
Everybody. grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 1:43pm On Dec 26, 2017
Homguy:
Hello fam,
Please I want to confirm gets payment. I am applying with my wife with a single express entry profile,
Would I be paying "right of permanent residence fee for two people or just one, for our application profile.?

bbaby84
Canadianfly
Elfman
Everybody. grin grin cheesy grin

Hi..
Single express entry not double lol

Yours should cover the whole family fa lmao *pun intended.

You're a cheeky guy lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ugoiyke79e: 1:43pm On Dec 26, 2017
Canadianfly:

How can you post a link yet write an incorrect answer on here? You didn't understand the post in the link abi wetin

I guess now we should also ask folks to comprehend what they read. Na wa. This part 3 is full of incorrect information. undecided

no mind am.
i feel vexed reading some of the incorrect advises given with so much confidence.
i dont blame the responders, i rather blame those who simply refuse to read or research.
because of the repetitive questions, most seniors have gone silent especially if not specifically mentioned.

I ve typed a very long saucy response but I changed my mind and erased.

Please let us desist from sharp practices being advised here lately, it will only block the way for future Nigerian Immigrants. It will lead to unnecessary scrutiny of Nigerian applications. It will lead to misrepresentation and the attendant bans and wasted time and funds. It will kill the DIY spirit and create jobs for agents. It will not help anybody to be a lazy reader please..

If you arent sure or havent had a first hand experience about a topic/question, kindly indicate this in your response. try not to speak authoritatively on something u are unsure of. That your well-intended response may lead someone into a very grave mistake.

Cheers everyone.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 1:45pm On Dec 26, 2017
elfmann:

Lawyers are fully covered then..no double evaluation.

There's is ooo and it cost alot .
but go through double evaluation.
They should check http://flsc.ca/national-committee-on-accreditation-nca/applying-to-the-nca/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2017
Wow.
optionese:

There's is ooo and it cost alot .
but go through double evaluation.
They should check http://flsc.ca/national-committee-on-accreditation-nca/applying-to-the-nca/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

yes, u should make both corrections and properly title them (for easy identification) then upload all scanned together.
cheers.
thank u sis.I be done DAT already.I sent u a mail.pls check your mail
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by gracelevel: 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2017
mcstan18:

One needs to be shrewd when doing stuff such as this. It is noteworthy that during evaluation ....

Happy boxing day
thanks mcsatan18. Same to you and happy new year in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tobey2ng(m): 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
labiola:
Merry Christmas to you all, I have a question on POF. Please note, have been reading from 2, but have not been able to read about my question. I have all my savings in cooperative society being managed by my organization, I work in financial institution. Is reference letter from my cooperative society suffice for POF? Thank you
You can do that. Someone has done that before and he got his PR now. I can't remember the person monikker, I am bad with getting names easily, sorry for that but @ Glitteringstar, can help with that or you can do the findings here too. It's on this part3 thread.
ccGlitteringstar, cochtrane
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by inagbe1: 2:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
Good afternoon all, i really appreciate all what you are doing, may God bless you all. I am currently preparing for my IELTS and i would like to know if my evaluation of credentials would be done by WES or the body regulating Pharmacy profession in Canada. Is it advisable to start the evaluation before writing IELTS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2017
tobey2ng:

........... I am bad with getting names easily, sorry for that but @ Glitteringstar, can help with that or you can do the findings here too. It's on this part3 thread.
ccGlitteringstar, cochtrane

Boldinc---https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/91#63528436

Cc: Labiola

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sexymj(f): 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2017
u are to evaluate your highest degree une. evuating bsc and msc is waste of money.

kunmi5:
Nothing incorrect here, we don't form our conditions/rules, its clearly stated on the official immigration website.

Please check this link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Someone with an evaluated masters degree has more points than one with just an evaluated bachelors degree.

Copying it out for you again!!!
From that link, a married applicant if with masters can attain 126 point towards express entry while if with Bachelors - 112 points, if with 2 or more degrees/diploma - 119. If for a Single applicant, it is 135, 120, 128 points respectively.

Do not confuse people here. Comprehending what we read, isn't it good he/she evaluates the Masters and get more points than leaving it out
Na simple english here na!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.