Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure (688 Views)

Sunday Mbang Is Dead (Methodist Prelate-emeritus Dies At 86) / Benny Hinn: 'Islam In Nigeria, Evil Powers Will Be Defeated' / Leke Adeboye: 'RCCG Is A Threat To Islam In Nigeria' - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure by Bakrabas: 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
B R E A K I N G!!!

86 CHRISTIANS EMBRACED ISLAM IN AKURE AFTER TWO DAYS PUBLIC LECTURE ORGANIZED BY ACADIP NIGERIA

http://knowislam.com.ng/b-r-e-a-k-i-n-g-86-christians-embraced-islam-in-akure-after-two-days-public-lecture-organized-by-acadip-nigeria/

Surprisingly, Mallam Yusuf Adepoju did not hold a sword.
Re: Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure by Seun(m): 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
@bakrabas, Why did you use the word “reverted” instead of the word “converted”?
Re: Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure by python1: 6:44pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure by python1: 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
Seun:
He apparently has issues with English. undecided
Re: Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure by Seun(m): 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure by python1: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
Seun:

Not true. See below:
https://islam.stackexchange.com/questions/32/why-are-converts-to-islam-called-reverts
Okay. That's muslim assumption, seeing this for the first time though.
Re: Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure by Bakrabas: 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
Seun:

I wouldn't say much but dictionary is your friend

noun (plural reverts)
One who, or that which, reverts.
(in Muslim usage) A convert to Islam.
(computing) The act of reversion (of e.g. a database transaction or source control repository) to an earlier state
Re: Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure by Bakrabas: 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
python1:

He apparently has issues with English. undecided

noun (plural reverts)
(computing) The act of reversion (of e.g. a database transaction or source control repository) to an earlier state
Re: Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure by python1: 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2017
Bakrabas:

noun (plural reverts)
Bro, you are right. This your explanation is not even the apparently contentious issue. It is not about the part of speech and their variants. Seun asked, why "revert" instead of "convert"? Actually both mean different forms of transformations. One suggests you were previously there, while the other suggests you were never there, hence his question. He has even done the finding himself, is there in his comment up there.
Peace bro.

1 Like

Re: Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure by Bakrabas: 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2017
python1:

Bro, you are right. This your explanation is not even the apparently contentious issue. It is not about the part of speech and their variants. Seun asked, why "revert" instead of "convert"? Actually both mean different forms of transformations. One suggests you were previously there, while the other suggests you were never there, hence his question. He has even done the finding himself, is there in his comment up there.
Peace bro.

I owed you 30 likes plus one thumb up... You are marvelous bro. I like your comments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure by mctowel01: 8:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
Seun:

Not true. See below:
https://islam.stackexchange.com/questions/32/why-are-converts-to-islam-called-reverts
Mr Seun, pls I want to make a formal appeal to be able to delete or modify a topic which I posted sometime ago. Its about religion anf the tension with my parents. It was moved to front page then and for some reasons I haven't been able to modify it since a year ago it was posted. Pls kindly help with this
Re: Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure by Origin(f): 9:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
Revert means goes back to former state.

Convert is a change.

God created man to worship Him only Him. That is man's natural state. He only changes that state by developing other ideologies.

So Muslims we were born submitting and worship only One God. So you revert back to God.
Re: Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure by Desyner: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
Thank God 'they' didn't force me to swear an oath to their prophet before commenting in this thread.
@topic, their choice. Hundreds of people go missing daily in Nigeria and Christians /Muslims hardly care.
Re: Another 86 Christian Reverted Into Islam In Akure by Bakrabas: 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
Origin:
Revert means goes back to former state.

Convert is a change.

God created man to worship Him only Him. That is man's natural state. He only changes that state by developing other ideologies.

So Muslims we were born submitting and worship only One God. So you revert back to God.

You think like emeritus, I owe you something... I love your post mmmmmuah

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/12/17 / Spirit Meat Devotional January 13, : How To Develop The Anointing Within / "Poverty Can End In Africa By Tithing"---american slowpoke(sorry, I Meant Mormon)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.