Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,115 members, 7,807,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria From USA - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (90020 Views)

Happie Boys Deported To Nigeria From Cyprus / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 06, 2017
So who would help the likes of us to get out of Nigeria? I need help ooo but I have no money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by maternal: 4:07am On Dec 06, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Sorry if my choice of words come off to you as offensive, I am saying it the way it is, apart from the two guys l mentioned in my post, I can count the number of friends, classmates and few family friends who moved back to Nigeria and the system crippled them, Nigeria kills destiny, well, I have made my point, it is up to the Op to sieve through the advices given already, l have no apologies, Nigeria is a dead jungle Qed sad

I have numerous friends in the same situation. One even renounced her Canada permanent residency card, went back and is now asking me for "dollars". Don't feel sorry for them. Laugh at them. After laughing at them, I usually end with "next time respect yourself" then hang up.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by AngelicBeing: 8:01am On Dec 06, 2017
maternal:

I have numerous friends in the same situation. One even renounced her Canada permanent residency card, went back and is now asking me for "dollars". Don't feel sorry for them. Laugh at them. After laughing at them, I usually end with "next time respect yourself" then hang up.
Hahaha, renounce her western residency that guarantees her all the comfort available for a miserable life in a jungle, that is the most foolish thing to ever do, how can you prefer to live in hell than Heaven, I gave up on Nigeria long time ago, I was very patriotic before but the blissful Nigerian dream is not visible with the kind of wicked, satanic, occultic, selfish and blood thirsty politicians we have, even if you have money to set up a business in Nigeria, if you don't do what the system requires which is cutting corners, you are doomed, a family friend of mine arrived Nigeria after living for several years in the West to set up a juice manufacturing company, he invested so much into it,brought several machineries from Europe and also bought several delivery vans for his line of business plus he also had a pure water company attached to it, as at when I visited him before my departure early this year, he was lamenting and regretting, he has sold all the deep freezers and put the entire company for sale due to the harsh economic environment in the jungle, do people make it in Nigeria, yes but they are very few, they said Nigeria will be the country with the highest number of poor people by February 2018 in the whole world, India currently holds that position , no thanks to the useless federal criminals in power who have raped the country without a condom, robbed and looted the treasury, lack of good infrastructure, insecurity etc those who have ears let them hear, with the kind of wicked politicians we currently have, I don't think things will change so soon, Nigeria is not a country fit for humans to live, those who want to be patriotic and live in denial can continue.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 06, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, renounce her western residency that guarantees her all the comfort available for a miserable life in a jungle, that is the most foolish thing to ever do, how can you prefer to live in hell than Heaven, I gave up on Nigeria long time ago, I was very patriotic before but the blissful Nigerian dream is not visible with the kind of wicked, satanic, occultic, selfish and blood thirsty politicians we have, even if you have money to set up a business in Nigeria, if you don't do what the system requires which is cutting corners, you are doomed, a family friend of mine arrived Nigeria after living for several years in the West to set up a juice manufacturing company, he invested so much into it,brought several machineries from Europe and also bought several delivery vans for his line of business plus he also had a pure water company attached to it, as at when I visited him before my departure early this year, he was lamenting and regretting, he has sold all the deep freezers and put the entire company for sale due to the harsh economic environment in the jungle, do people make it in Nigeria, yes but they are very few, they said Nigeria will be the country with the highest number of poor people by February 2018 in the whole world, India currently holds that position , no thanks to the useless federal criminals in power who have raped the country without a condom, robbed and looted the treasury, lack of good infrastructure, insecurity etc those who have ears let them hear, with the kind of wicked politicians we currently have, I don't think things will change so soon, Nigeria is not a country fit for humans to live, those who want to be patriotic and live in denial can continue.

Are you in Canada?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 06, 2017
wow Angelicbeing you seem to know the country better than I do. I arrived at my own deduction about the country after only two years of living there. I hate to be a pessimist but the future of Nigeria seems to be rather bleak than bright. The rest of the world is moving on without them, instead they keep going on a merry-go-round of failure, from one bad government to another.

11 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 06, 2017
iRyan:
wow Angelicbeing you seems to know the country better than I do. I arrived at my own deduction about the country after only two years of living there. I hate to be a pessimist but the future of Nigeria seems to be rather bleak than bright. The rest of the world is moving on without them, instead they keep going on a merry-go-round of failure, from one bad government to another.

We know we that are still here are trapped but please dont rub it in our faces. We would just have to keep surviving till something gives. Nigeria is hell right now but ALL will be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by blank(f): 10:31am On Dec 06, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I wanted to avoid falling into illegal status here in the states. But the description you've given is making me reconsider. I'm pained and at a loss of what to do, but it looks like staying here is the right thing to do for now.

Don't fall into illegal status. Come back so that you can apply to other countries. If you are illegal in a country, you won't be able to apply to Canada or Australia. Come back with a mindset that it is a temporary move whilst you use the $30k as proof of funds. There are threads here in travel section that would give you directions on how to do so.

I wish you the best.

23 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by temitope06(m): 11:00am On Dec 06, 2017
blank:

Don't fall into illegal status. Come back so that you can apply to other countries. If you are illegal in a country, you won't be able to apply to Canada or Australia. Come back with a mindset that it is a temporary move whilst you use the $30k as proof of funds.

I wish you the best.

The very best comment so far, very logical and straight to the point. Just come back to avoid being an illegal, keep ur head somewhere safe, with ur degrees, experience and ur 30k, Canada/Aus will give you PR six months after applying, for ur own safety, avoid everyday club going friends, nobody cares abt u here, they will organise ur kidnapping in a heartbeat and i take God beg u, flee from naija slay queens, don't let bleached skin and yansh fool you, ur funds will reduce to crumbs in one week (see what i did there??). Pack ur pof and relocate to abroad as soon as, this is not the time to relocate permanently to Nigeria at all.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Emmytes(m): 11:31am On Dec 06, 2017
Op, I found it hard to believe that you've been in the Us for 10 years and you don't have a green card yet. You are definitely not a full blooded Nigerian cause we are smarter than that.

If you've stayed in the US for 10 years and you don't have a permanent resident status then I must say that you weren't advised properly.

Don't you have parents, family members etc to advise you? By now you should have been properly settled and even thinking of starting a family depending on your age.

I'm assuming you travelled on a student visa and I've seen people go to the states with a tourist visa and in less than 5 years, they are already permanent residents.

Nigeria is in shambles right now and you'll be doing yourself and your future generation a lot of injustice if you ever attempt to leave the states for Nigeria without a backup plan. Don't do it.

8 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 06, 2017
I won’t deceive myself ooo. Nigeria is hot at the moment and I need all the help I can get to leave this country.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by hsim247(m): 2:42pm On Dec 06, 2017
Dear OP,
You must sit down and ask yourself why you want to return to Nigeria. Passion alone is not enough. In fact if you return inadequately, your passion might quickly metamorphorse to compassion for yourself.
I will advice you get a plan b and start working on it immediately incase. There's this terribly humbling effect Nigeria has on abroad returnees and it is never a good story to recount.
Do well.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Babaelemu: 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2017
WHEN UNA TRAVEL OUT UNA EYES GO CLEAR SAY KAKI NO BE LEATHER. 7 OUT OF 10 WILL SURE LAMENT AND REGRET THAT I KNOW!![color=#006600][/color]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by damzy88: 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Haha, saying it as it is. The truth bursts.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by BluFlyBoy: 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2017
I will stay in the states and I will try to re-file for permanent residence again. Hopefully I will be successful this time around.

12 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nigeriadondie: 10:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
AngelicBeing:
U ve said it all. Nigeria is a place where people’s lives ve been ruined. All those deluded being blabing nonsense trying to form to be more Nigerians than us are wicked and deceiving themselves. Even if it is Eldorado for them it tells u how insensitive they are to d plight of those around them.
Nigeria is doomed beyond redemption. Ecen d Devil has more hope than Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nigeriadondie: 11:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
justwise:
@Pidgin2

Please don;t derail this thread, stop attacking those who advised the op, give your own view or let others express their views.
Pidgin2 if u see leave am pass comot. Nairaland na her office.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40)

Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens / Visa Requirements For Dubai? / Fatal Accident Along Onitsha-Nteje Expressway (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.