Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Moving Back To Nigeria From USA - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (90032 Views)

Happie Boys Deported To Nigeria From Cyprus / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
Ralphdan:

Don't mind those who are telling you not to come back home.
There's no place like home and with your work experience and education you can get urself a good life here.
Its only the poor and ignorant who hates this country with passion.
Are you for real? Poor and ignorant people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by suremanpatriot: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2017
You need experience on hardship management to survive here no matter how much you have made or acquired academically. But you can contact me for full four months acclimatization training if your passion for your country is truly driving you back home.
Welcome back bro! grin

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2017
Organs:

What part of "averagely" dont you understand?..... Alcatraz 005: There are lots of people in naija that comes to the USA for visit and shopping and go back to naija. Yes those are few i agree but again some people are actually investing in naija and making it. Conclusively, Pidgin2 is absolutely right and so are those saying dont come back, there is no right or wrong it depends on your experience, zeal, luck etc. Now, I personally, i will not come back for one reason only, lack of security.

Nothing is working. We used to love this country but now all we(youths) feel is resentment for this nation. We are working hard to come to the West. Saraki and Co can keep their rotten estate.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Babateemd: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2017
my lil opinion from personal experience and from friends, secure a job before coming down. network with all your uncle uncle's friends and acquaintances and send your CV to at least 100 companies you have selected by yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Organs(m): 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Aw so d light na 20 hrs no longer 22 hrs.
Chai u can lie far more than Lai Mohammed.
I hope all parts of the country ve regular light for up to 20hrs from 22 hrs before as u claimed.

Comprehend english... she said "averagely" It could be 2o some day and 22 some day or maybe 25 someday.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?

If you don't have a really good job waiting here for you then just stay there. Trust me Nigeria will drive you crazy. Electricity, water, good quality housing and neighborhoods are all luxuries. Trust me one week of a noisy generator I can drive one bonkers! . And Then occasional harassment by security agencies. I studied and worked in the UK only 5 years and coming back was a shock. If you have a good job and support system I suggest you just remain there. Nigeria is our country after all and you can always come to visit but relocating... Not advisable at all Remaining there will give not only you but your children a better chance in life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by aynurni220(m): 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
blank:

Don't fall into illegal status. Come back so that you can apply to other countries. If you are illegal in a country, you won't be able to apply to Canada or Australia. Come back with a mindset that it is a temporary move whilst you use the $30k as proof of funds. There are threads here in travel section that would give you directions on how to do so.

I wish you the best.

Best advice so far bro kudos
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

Are you for real? Poor and ignorant people

Don’t mind him. He must be suffering in Nigeria too but he wants company. I know people like him. If you are not a politician or a successful yahoo boy, you cannot enjoy Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by TheAlchemist: 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:
I won’t deceive myself ooo. Nigeria is hot at the moment and I need all the help I can get to leave this country.

why are you making contradictory statement, check your comment @9:41am On Dec 06

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Lovisious(m): 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
madridguy:
@ OP sit down for US and stop looking for what is not. Nigeria is only good for the rogues in the govt, their family member,or associate.

Still no light, no security, health sector zero.

Boko haram, fulani terrorist, militant, kidnappers, ritualist, baddo boys, army robbers grin to mention few are making Nigeria the most dangerous place on earth.
u 4got SARS
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I plan on coming back with about 30000 USD and getting myself land/property to my name, complete NYSC, see what the job market is like as well as concurrently starting a one or two provisions stores. Slowly expand on that, with the end goal to become a distributor at the national level.
use that cash to do Biz there if indeed what you are saying is true.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by jashar(f): 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
Abeg, make all of una leave o... Kinide...see negativity....

grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Don’t mind him. He must be suffering in Nigeria too but he wants company. I know people like him. If you are not a politician or a successful yahoo boy, you cannot enjoy Nigeria!
I just checked his profile and post, He is one small Boi like that, August this year he was asking of how to upload WAEC result, so he is not even gotten in a University yet

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Tetragramaton(m): 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?

It'll probably be the biggest mistake of your life. angry
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by RaeMystix: 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2017
Why are folks disturbing yourselves?. Op has been in the States for 8 years and earned 2 degrees. Can't you folks for one second think how Op got to the States?. You're advising someone who has a certain comfortable lifestyle awaiting him him/her in Nigeria, and also has a good chance of getting a lucrative job in less than 3 months upon arrival.

4 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2017
TheAlchemist:

why are you making contradictory statement, check your comment @9:41am On Dec 06

Yea, I remember my comment at that time. In the said post, I admonished the poster not to make the rest of us in Nigeria feel too bad that we are still here and that we would manage for the meantime. So what is the problem with that?

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

I just checked his profile and post, He is one small Boi like that, August this year he was asking of how to upload WAEC result, so he is not even gotten in a University yet

Can you imagine? We that have graduated and are on the field are stating the fact but they think we are demarkeking the country. How long are we gonna wait for Nigeria to be better when thieving politicians and fraudsters make the rest of us look lazy? The things I hear of in this country on a daily makes me wanna teleport abroad. God dey sha. Things must pure!
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Organs(m): 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Nothing is working. We used to love this country but now all we(youths) feel is resentment for this nation. We are working hard to come to the West. Saraki and Co can keep their rotten estate.

I agree with you. But you know the problem?? It's you, me, us.... Go listen to Fela's song again, "I no wan die, i no wan quench, my papa dey for house, my mama dey for house i wan enjoy.... so policeman go slap ur face you no go talk, army man go whip ur yansh you go dey look like donkey..... Saraki, Dino, all Senators and all Govs and Ministers all of them they are in Nigeria making money and making laws for me and you in Nigeria but guess what, their kids are abroad schooling... Now me and you are busy fighting ourselves over Biafra, Christian vs Muslim, Ibo Vs Hausa.... I support Buhari because i know clearly that he is not corrupt, but i am frustrated because mega corruption is happening under his wide nose and he is not doing anything about it.... KD to ABJ was robbery and kidnapping route few weeks back still Kano people came out en masse to welcome the tired, retired, slow, incompetent administration Buhari.....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2017
RaeMystix:
Why are folks disturbing yourselves?. Op has been in the States for 8 years and earned 2 degrees. Can't you folks for one second think how Op got to the States?. You're advising someone who has a certain comfortable lifestyle awaiting him him/her in Nigeria, and also has a good chance of getting a lucrative job in less than 3 months upon arrival.
grin grin grin grin grin grin,
I tried to do that years back then I realized moving back is a gradual process, there are loads of stuff you need in place ,You wont 4give yourself if all of ur kids are not citizens of these countries you lived. Look at all the top politicians in Nigeria80% of them either have British or US citizenship!

5 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Seankay323: 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2017
If it was UK I WOULD HV SAID RUN BK but US u better stay there except u have a job waiting o not that u come and start applying for jobs o. A job that can pay 500k upwards or a business u can mk net 500k profit monthly.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Chevronstaff: 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2017
lol....when people dey find how to run from Naija.....u better stay in the US bro...
Except a job in Shell,Chevron, CBN or NNPC is waiting for you in Naija, I really don't see the need of relocating home.....
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Dagrace01(m): 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
come back home fellow Nigerian.. you have a very good credentials, Nigeria a changed nation, come back home to support and partake in ur civic responsibility to be part of dis change. To contribute ur quota and likewise enjoy ur country.. ur xperience and exposure is needed, u will secure a good job, be sure, GOD bless you fellow Nigerian #proudlyNigerian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Jeezy: 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
If you ask me, na who i go ask? undecided undecided undecided

BluFlyBoy:
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

grin grin grin grin grin grin,
I tried to do that years back then I realized moving back is a gradual process, there are loads of stuff you need in place ,You wont 4give yourself if all of ur kids are not citizens of these countries you lived. Look at all the top politicians in Nigeria80% of them either have British or US citizenship!

God bless you. All our politicians know what’s up. And some poor people in Nigeria will continue to have hope in this country? My mumu don do o. All of us must make am for that abroad together!

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
Dagrace01:
come back home fellow Nigerian.. you have a very good credentials, Nigeria a changed nation, come back home to support and partake in ur civic responsibility to be part of dis change. To contribute ur quota and likewise enjoy ur country.. ur xperience and exposure is needed, u will secure a good job, be sure, GOD bless you fellow Nigerian #proudlyNigerian

See this one? angry

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

Of course I do, but I'm still asking, I want to get as much information as possible. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I just looking for know what people are feeling.

Your written English is very bad and perplexing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by macminista(m): 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I plan on coming back with about 30000 USD and getting myself land/property to my name, complete NYSC, see what the job market is like as well as concurrently starting a one or two provisions stores. Slowly expand on that, with the end goal to become a distributor at the national level.
Guy try buy SENSE with that money

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Tetragramaton(m): 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2017
I have not met anyone who left abroad in their prime and came back here to work and feel fulfilled. You think you have family friends and uncles ba? They are the ones who will either kill you or defraud you. Your best bet is getting a job first and even at that, it is expected that the salary will be above average because you are overseas trained but by the time you are spending money on things which you took for granted over there. You are almost unable to build and live in a descent environment. That will be your first regret. Going back will become a huge issue. Think very very well. Who says if you come back and even pursue it the legal way, you will be granted stay in another country? Why not start pursuing it from now over there . Don't come back o. Don't come back.

4 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by MdRabx(m): 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2017
this is one of the returnee from Libya.. you better remain there and don't come
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by abbey621(m): 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2017
It takes a brave heart to ask for advice from Nairaland sharks, kudos! I'm going to be frank with you, your question raises some serious concerns! First of all, your 30k usd is peanuts when talking about buying land or property. What will you use to survive? Daily, weekly, monthly and yearly expenses? You'll definitely need a vehicle and don't forget those pestering you constantly for money, yes my friend you automatically become an ATM. Next, what is pursuing you? Why the eagerness to come to Nigeria? You do realize with 10 to 15k usd, you can get your green card and work permanently in the US? Finally, you might want to explore work visas, at this point you want to try everything possible but return to 9ja. It is the WORST thing you can do right now unless you are ABSOLUTELY SURE that you have the resources to survive, this is my two cents, THINK DON'T BLINK!

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Can you imagine? We that have graduated and are on the field are stating the fact but they think we are demarkeking the country. How long are we gonna wait for Nigeria to be better when thieving politicians and fraudsters make the rest of us look lazy? The things I hear of in this country on a daily makes me wanna teleport abroad. God dey sha. Things must pure!
Guy if U get chance to cut, cut sharp sharp, I left that 9ja after NYSC 1999,best decision of my life, lok now, I have relocated my family back to 9ja but at least we all get citizenship, we get free healthcare, travel anywhere in the world for holiday less question asked. I can work anywhere I chose and travel anywhere to do biz as I chose,
Truth be told, there is loads of Biz in 9ja and loads of money to be made BUT you need initial capital as a nobody and this can only be gotten by removing frm 9ja

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
Organs:

I agree with you. But you know the problem?? It's you, me, us.... Go listen to Fela's song again, "I no wan die, i no wan quench, my papa dey for house, my mama dey for house i wan enjoy.... so policeman go slap ur face you no go talk, army man go whip ur yansh you go dey look like donkey..... Saraki, Dino, all Senators and all Govs and Ministers all of them they are in Nigeria making money and making laws for me and you in Nigeria but guess what, their kids are abroad schooling... Now me and you are busy fighting ourselves over Biafra, Christian vs Muslim, Ibo Vs Hausa.... I support Buhari because i know clearly that he is not corrupt, but i am frustrated because mega corruption is happening under his wide nose and he is not doing anything about it.... KD to ABJ was robbery and kidnapping route few weeks back still Kano people came out en masse to welcome the tired, retired, slow, incompetent administration Buhari.....

Every sane person should have an exit plan. I just live in the country, my heart is not here anymore. At this point, I really don’t care what they do with the country anymore.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40)

Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens / Visa Requirements For Dubai? / Fatal Accident Along Onitsha-Nteje Expressway (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.