Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria From USA - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (89983 Views)

Happie Boys Deported To Nigeria From Cyprus / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wizard999:
what are you talking about? So you want him to remain there. Do you know what it means to live in s foreign land without resident status?. Some of you nairalanders are evil!..

The Op’s peculiar situation is nuanced hence we are arguing solely that context.He can do something with that 30k in the US or he does express entry and move to Canada.Capisce?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 7:47pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wizard999:
lmao.. see gobe..so what is my original name?
so U join NL three days ago abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by BecomeALandLord(m): 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I plan on coming back with about 30000 USD and getting myself land/property to my name, complete NYSC, see what the job market is like as well as concurrently starting a one or two provisions stores. Slowly expand on that, with the end goal to become a distributor at the national level.

This is a wise decision.
You are a wise man.
Contact us and let's guide you to make a great investment in real estate.
Read my signature

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Jbleenk: 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?

From what I think u should be about 30 yrs old, so outta those yrs u only spent 8yrs outside Naija, that not withstanding, coming back to a place where u spent about 22yrs in should be a damn problem. I guess u can easily fit in. So u are haighly welcome back.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
I will stay in the states and I will try to re-file for permanent residence again. Hopefully I will be successful this time around.
my bro hustle more moni and build a house here in nigeria den rent it out and mke ur moni,den build again and rent.jst dey do am dey go but i repeat dnt cum bck here without being able to go bck.i regret being a citizen of ds place

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

Do you think you are in a position to advice a reasonable person who is financially more buoyant than you? It's like a gatemen giving his boss advice on financial management, why not read and learn

Lol. You have been noticed. I am done with you and your likes. You can stop quoting me now.

4 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by FinallyDJ(m): 7:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alright, my first post on Nairaland coming out as annonymous since 2012.

See my br. Why dont u come n suvey where u wan2 spend dat kinda hard earned amount on? Dont u think it worth it? To me its like u intentionally want to tell a cat to monitor ur fried meat. Pls come and survey for about two month,.. U can as well know d situation of the country from abroad by streaming 9ja radio station and listen to morning newspapper news.. U will b shocked or better still be encouraged. Peace

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by nairacrusader: 7:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
mofedamijo:
U said u have about 30,000$ and someone is saying move to abuja...lol land in Egbeda lagos full plot is about 7-9million,festac ure looking at 15-30million,except you want to go to inside inside lekki,those ibeju lekki axis,u il get 4 mayb 3-5million,but be careful b4 dem dupe u oooo,i will advise u to stay back make more money and buy a property here first,9million is nothing in Nigeria now,because i believe staying away for almost 10 years u will want to rent an accommodation in a gud location,Festac where i use to stay b4 i left naija,u get a good place-two bedroom for nothing less than 800k,two years,with agent agreement blahblahblah we are looking at 2million,u will furnish the place get a generator.....by the time u look at it ure left with lets say 6million,u might need a car to move around or if ure o.k with public transport then fine,except u have someone u want to stay with.....getting a job is slim,so many graduates from u.s and u.k re all over the place especially the u.k gradutes since they cant stay back,so the competition too is high for international graduates,if i were u i will rather stay back,except u have a big plan or business that ure sure will yield profits in months,Abuja is expensive u will go broke in months if u dont have something doing........i see older folks coming back permanently and thats understandable,some come back and run back again coz they couldnt cope with naija stress again,But for a young person its alarming,because u said u av been away 4 close to 10years,why not come for a month or two and do ur survey,look around and if things wont work out as planned for u then u move back......except there is more to what ure telling us,because am in naija now n honestly i cant wait to go back to my small village where i have light 24/7,things re working,food is cheap,and life is easier,police re respectful,good roads............anyway all the best in whatever decisions u make.

Imagine I got this kind of advise 2 years ago from someone like you.! I lived in the Uk for 10 years....I'm living what you just said above. No hope for this dead-beat country...proper waste of my two years. I have all intent of going back with my son soon...don't bother relocating here bruh....seriously!

@mofedamijo- where is your little village? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by biacan(f): 7:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I wanted to avoid falling into illegal status here in the states. But the description you've given is making me reconsider. I'm pained and at a loss of what to do, but it looks like staying here is the right thing to do for now.
Please remain there oooo for now even me that is talking to you I recently got my international pass port and my elder brother got his too cause I can't travel alone we are moving to Australia and I think it will be permanent with the way things are going just waiting for some of my documents before I move out by February....... please remain there
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by okerekeikpo: 7:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
Since you don't want to respect ur self if I see you anywhere here I'm this country I will cut your leg, since you don't like urself
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Tunagee(m): 7:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
Shinapraise:
Coming home with that money will only last your for 3 months instead if u were you I will continue working and to get a landed property in that place and get my self settled very well before making any shitty move to come to this hell we live in my brother Nigeria is different from what u use to know hunger every where and if boys hear say u come home consider your life gone

Liars every where!

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by BluFlyBoy: 7:51pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wow this thread has blown up. But I've already decided I will get my stay here in the states and fight for it as much as I can.

10 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

See this one. You are a wicked person who wants others to suffer the rot of Nigeria like you. I won’t respond to your unfounded allegations that I am hungry. It serves no utilitarian value to the discourse. Enjoy your Nigeria.

It baffles me how you think every body is like you, why not go to school and broaden your mind?

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by featheredwinter(f): 7:51pm On Dec 08, 2017
bobkezel:
Before I came back home, I was discouraged by family and friends, no one was in support, but then I made up my mind already and I have a biz in mind. I made sure my visa was valid for at least 2yrs should in case I want to go back. I also made sure I had a standby cash apart from biz cash, so that I will be feeding myself, fueling my car and be solving other little problems from, I never touched my biz cash for complete two years, I was spending from the standby cash.
Op you can borrow a leaf from there, and also don't live in the ghetto part of which city u decide to settle down else u will be seeing only negative side of naija, and don't mingle with broke niggas, mingle with people a lil bit below you, same level and above you.
And cut down costs.
Plus, don't change all ur dollars at once change according to ur needs else u won't find it funny.

OP listen to this guy here!
Your decision to come back to Nigeria should be yours and yours alone.

Yes, Nigeria is not as she should be, she is not as bad as a whole lot of persons paint her.
If you finally come back here,

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Wow this thread has blown up. But I've already decided I will get my stay here in the states and fight for it as much as I can.

God bless you. We kindhearted people shall join you soon. Fight for the future of your children.

6 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:53pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Every sane person should have an exit plan. I just live in the country, my heart is not here anymore. At this point, I really don’t care what they do with the country anymore.

it was like you knew my thoughts when you wrote this..my body is here in Nigeria but my soul and spirit are out .its not getting better, I must say.. I'm really pained on the unborn children of this country... I must leave this hell hole no matter what.. legally and not illegal as Libya desert route
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 08, 2017
Ishilove:

You want to be disillusioned? Better stay where you are.

Actually, if you have funds, imagination, and the right network, you can make it big as a returnee.

Nigeria is still a wild wild west where people can hit it big.

I still maintain that this guy is just some small pikin trolling. Two years is not enough to save 30k as an entry level guy in the US. Anyone who has an MBA will not be talking about selling provisions. That's what our 'entrepreneurs' and hustler returnees are into, not MBA grads.

In the same way, most people will do 5 to 10 years in the US, then come back in a senior mgt in some blue chip, after which they start their own thing..

This is just some dreamer spitting out the fantasy as he sees it.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2017
biacan:
Please remain there oooo for now even me that is talking to you I recently got my international pass port and my elder brother got his too cause I can't travel alone we are moving to Australia and I think it will be permanent with the way things are going just waiting for some of my documents before I move out by February....... please remain there

People dey cut out oooo. Pidgin2, u don see this one too? God go do am for we good people. Congrats Sister.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Tunagee(m): 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2017
Unlimited22:
If I ever leave this country permanently, only God's voice will make me even think about coming back.
Op, the country is kinda in a mess, just plan yourself well, your degrees and work experience should be able to get you a good job. Check LinkedIn.
You should settle down a bit before moving into distribution IMHO to let you grasp the dos and donts of the business side of the nation.
Kudos to you.
PS - Do you have green card that you are not using again?
Or even H1-B visa?

These are the kind of people that will desperately seek greener pasture only to end up in Libya and become slaves. Bunch of unpatriotic idiots. Do u know whether the OP is well connected here? Assholes!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 08, 2017
emmanuelpopson:

it was like you knew my thoughts when you wrote this..my body is here in Nigeria but my soul and spirit are out .its not getting better, I must say.. I'm really pained on the unborn children of this country... I must leave this hell hole no matter what.. legally and not illegal as Libya desert route

Oh My brother, God go do am for us. I strongly believe. Na that determination sure pass. We shall make it. I feel very emotional now. It is well.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Abagworo(m): 7:56pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?

Nigeria is a lovely country and you can enjoy life even in the remotest of places once you have some cash.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 08, 2017
Make them Tinubu & Co do the country as them like with people like pidgin2. Some of us don tire. Na wetin sef? Yahoo boy better pass graduate for naija!

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Tunagee(m): 7:58pm On Dec 08, 2017
Nbote:
If it's d US of America u mean u want to relocate from, I take God beg U pls remain there.. We here are looking for any way to escape dis hell

These are the kind of people that will desperately seek greener pasture only to end up in Libya and become slaves. Bunch of unpatriotic idiots. Do u know whether the OP is well connected here? Assholes!!!!

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by joinnow: 7:58pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

Bruh common sense fall on you.
Please you can visit for Christmas holiday only and return back.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by babaskool(m): 7:58pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I plan on coming back with about 30000 USD and getting myself land/property to my name, complete NYSC, see what the job market is like as well as concurrently starting a one or two provisions stores. Slowly expand on that, with the end goal to become a distributor at the national level.

Dear diasporan, firstly, I would like to thank you for your passion for Nigeria, I decided to move back to nigeria a year ago too after 7 years in the Uk. So I understand your anxiety in all ramifications.
Secondly ignore all the negative comments you see on this thread, only people who have left nigeria for years and see there is hardly anything a developed country can offer, only a developing country can provide the means by which ones investment can grow without endless Taxes,bills, social security contributions, medical insurance e.t.c

You have done well for yourself by saving up to 30k to invest in Nigeria and trust me with the right planning you would not go wrong, there are people living in Lagos who have the equivalent of 30k dollars in naira and they are not in politics or ever travelled to the US so how come they have 30k dollars in thier account.

So please ignore anyone who discrouages from coming back to invest in a country that would give you a Massive yield for your investment. It's better to be a king in your country than a mouse in someone else.

So back to the information you really need, your safe bet in Nigeria right now which can generate up to 50% yield is these 3 things : 1.education 2. Real estate 3. Petrol/filling station ...your capital of 30 k dollars is more than enough to do this ...

So like I said above in less than a year your business would have paid back it's 30k investment, the only serious setbacks of doing business in Nigeria is finding the right type of people to get you started not the cost of fuel or police brutality or lack of electricity or any of the things you see on twitter or cnn...

The full scenario of Nigeria is not what you see online, there are incredible opportunities here you would never see online cos it's very hard to describe the opportunities online to anyone ...
I don't think I can say everything on here since I moved back to Nigeria but first things first you would need to incorporate a Nigerian company. I am a Nigerian lawyer so I can help you with that as fast as you can say the word a certificate of incorporation. Thereafter we would have to help you with a domicillary account so your money can be moved across continents with ease .. In addition I could also help you with a certificate of capital importation ( this certficate allows you to transfer your current at the Cbn rate )

After this then your business or company is ready for any actual real investment possible ...also if you do not mind I have 3 detailed business proposals on the 3 ideal business I listed above which is 1. Building a small scale school (education ) 2 . Real estate (buying land or a building the finished product at a high margin house flipping it's called or 3. A petrol / filling station ( petrol stations in Nigeria make up to 400,000 naira in a day ( I have statistics to back this up ) so imagine building a petrol station with 30k dollars and making up to 1k dollars in sales in a day ...

In less than a month after you start operating you would thank God for leaving the US and coming to invest in Nigeria and not missing out on the Nigerians on twitter or fb ...cos real business is not on twitter or fb...it's here in Nigeria in particular when you get the right type of people to help you ....

This post is too long so pls contact so I can send the business proposals I have for you for free firstly then after I can advice you on the company matters so you can find out if these things I say are lies or not ....
Yours sincerely
Akinola eluyefa esq

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Wizard999: 7:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
degreat11:

With the citizen statue in Nigeria, how is the government treating her citizens. Don't get my wrong you can make it anywhere in the world, but relocating back to Nigeria needs a very careful and detailed plan.
if he wants to come home, allow him to come home.. you are probably an American, sneaking around our forum. Live our brother to come home and invest!..QED! From what I have heard, living without documentation is hell over there.!. So, live the man alone! It is better to come home, proud! than to remain in hell. Go to Europe and see.. some of them are looking for plane ticket to come home... op, come home!! There is no way you will regret it. I know a lot of returnees that are doing good here in Abuja..it is better for him to hold his head high and come home than to be shamefully deported if caught without documentation.. op, save yourself some dignity and come home bro.. we all love you.. you will make it!!
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by lyricalz: 7:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

OP there we know Nigeria is tough bros is so cuz the gap between the rich and poor is wider, but I tell you if you know what you are doing Nigeria is one of the best place to make money, there are many pple making it big time in Nigeria, though few, compared to the overall population. So don't mind the advise here on nairaland, in reality u can make more money here in Nigeria if you have the capital and know what exactly you are during. You are welcome home bro. if any of us here in Nigeria can make enough and live comfortably, no one will ever think of going abroad, no place like ur own, home is home.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Abagworo(m): 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
oyb:

Actually, if you have funds, imagination, and the right network, you can make it big as a returnee.

Nigeria is still a wild wild west where people can hit it big.

How easy I made money as a fresh graduate makes me keep wondering why people are still saying there's no money in Nigeria. There's money in this country as it is a virgin land with little competition. The worst thing you can do to yourself is to carry file around looking for jobs when you can create one for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Tunagee(m): 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
madridguy:
@ OP sit down for US and stop looking for what is not. Nigeria is only good for the rogues in the govt, their family member,or associate.

Still no light, no security, health sector zero.

Boko haram, fulani terrorist, militant, kidnappers, ritualist, baddo boys, army robbers grin to mention few are making Nigeria the most dangerous place on earth.

And people don't live peacefully in some parts of Nigeria again abi?

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Wizard999: 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

so U join NL three days ago abi?
do you have any problem with that?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by gafsal: 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
Though things are not going smoothly but if you have some cash � then you can set up a business and be a man of your self which you will be fine, by the grace of God I singlehandedly sponsored my sibling to Dublin and his now living large in usa but he always come home every 4month because no place like home.i have never enter plane ✈ but there is nothing you can pray to have that I didn't have IN DIS NIGERIA.come home I am a fish and poultry farmer and you too can...God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by OLORIPAPA: 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

cheesy grin ;Dbri you are very funny...u mean that is all the plan u have got?to come back home and open a provision store not even shoprite...I bet this guy hasn't even crossed Lagos talk less of USA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (40)

Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens / Mauritius Study And Work / Visa Requirements For Dubai?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.