Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. (46483 Views)

My Fiancée Wants To Visit Her Ex That Came To Town. / Indecisive About My Fiancée That Dated People I Know / I Sent N500k To My Fiancée To Open A Shop, She Used It To Settle Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Ann4impact(f): 10:00am On Dec 05, 2017
In life, people make choices that would either make or break them. Suffice it to say; the choice you make, defines you.
My advice goes thus; have a talk with her
Let her know your likes & dislikes
Have a listening ear & never make hasty conclusion(s)
Always be supportive & make her know when mistakes are done.
Try to set a reminder if need be
Make sure the both of you are compatible & as well compliments each other.
I wish you both a blissful marriage in perspective.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by MRSANITY(m): 10:06am On Dec 05, 2017
Ishilove:

You are a very difficult person and if I knew your girlfriend, I'd advice her not to go into marriage with you. If she has nothing in her schedule what do you want her waking early for? To kiss your balls and massage your feet? To pound yam and prepare banga soup?

When she has children she will adjust so I don't know why you're bitching. Mscheeeew
this is why you are still single. Attitude.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Daeylar(f): 10:06am On Dec 05, 2017
greenhulk:
But seriously if the lady is my sister I will advice her against marrying this op. So just because someone comes to visit u and wakes up 7am (probably on a weekend) then that makes her not fit enough to be a wife material? I know ur type, u are one of those rigid '
This is Africa ' kind of men. Those that will beat their wife up and see nothing wrong with it . R u looking for a housegirl or a wife? So let me see... U expect her to wake by 5am, make ur food and serve u breakfast in bed and she must be on her knees while serving u the food abi. See this hustler dey form big man, so what will u do then when u become really rich, u will tie a rope to her neck

LMAO grin
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Daeylar(f): 10:11am On Dec 05, 2017
But op it's a free world last last, if you really don't like your girl's sleeping habits,
Leave her and find someone whose habits you prefer,
Your choice.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by kenoxzy(m): 10:14am On Dec 05, 2017
heart to heart talk with her and give her
time to adjust.....
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by remexy(f): 10:22am On Dec 05, 2017
This isn't even a problem. You want her to wake up earlier to take care of your imaginary children? You have u started paying imaginary hospital or school fees. The values and beliefs of a person are more important than domestic work. If u meet witch wey Sabi cook, clean etc like her life depends on it, u go know say you no get problem.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by princejones(m): 10:23am On Dec 05, 2017
My dear,see what you want to hold against someone's daughter,you have no issue at hand unless your love for the lady is no more in shape as before and stop looking for fault when you are not a perfect being.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by omoelerin1: 10:27am On Dec 05, 2017
You have to reduce the way you dey knack her at night.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Rubbiish(m): 10:31am On Dec 05, 2017
Realitycheck007:
How do u expect me to talk to her? Or what should I do to make her wake early
Oga stop arguing with ladies...
Were u expecting any lady to support you when they are all guilty of it or wish for their husband to entirely take up cleaning roles of the house??
When it comes to issues like this, always seek advise from elderly people & follow your heart. You are the one that will be in that marriage, if it is not something u can tolerate, u better think well before going into that marriage.
When people start complaining about their partner before marriage, it is a red flag...
BUT JUST KNOW THAT SHE WILL NOT CHANGE ANY OF ATTITUDE AFTER MARRIAGE.
IF SHE WAKES UP BY 7AM NOW, SHE WILL ALSO BE WAKING UP SAME TIME IN MARRIAGE
Do not increase the rate of divorce if u can't tolerate any of her attitude now, because she won't change after marriage....Anything u are experiencing now is same u will experience in marriage...

If u can condone it, go ahead...If u can not tolerate it, u better think twice now...It will be better for both of u in the long run...DON'T JUST THINK U CAN CONVINCE HER TO WAKE EARLY AFTER MARRIAGE...NO JUST THINK AM....
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by QueenMarvella(f): 10:35am On Dec 05, 2017
Let her sleep ooo
Wetin sef,that's how she has been sleeping before u came along.
Y will u be disturbing my sleep on top Wetin, grin
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Rubbiish(m): 10:38am On Dec 05, 2017
Daeylar:
But op it's a free world last last, if you really don't like your girl's sleeping habits,
Leave her and find someone whose habits you prefer,
Your choice.
Thank u!
Cc: Realitycheck007
This is the summary of it...
Don't let anyone talk u into marrying her, if your mind doesn't go for it...
U will be the one to be in d marriage, not them...
What u may see as a big deal, mr A may see it as nothing...

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by AgatuBoy(m): 10:45am On Dec 05, 2017
som1 can not sleep till 7am again
i even tot she cant cook or somtin else
u sef wot time do u wake up. so cos u wonna marry her she go turn housemaid
oga wake up dis is 21st century. beta start learning how to share the house chores

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by clemmonce(m): 10:58am On Dec 05, 2017
Realitycheck007:
Good day,

Good people of nairaland, I am new to the thread so please bear my mishaps. Nairaland was Introduced to me by a colleague of mine at the office yesterday. So i said i should seek your advice on an issue bothering me.. Back to the topic.

Name withheld, My fiancee has been my girl for over 4 months now, and by early next year am thinking of taking it to the alter by God's grace but here is the problem....

On 3 or 4 occasions i have invited her to spend the night at my place, she do agrees but the problem is she over sleeps. She would sleep from 11 till 7am, A working class lady. I dunno how to tell her again, Cause i told her jokingly she laughed about it and said Is It my sleep. Imagine marrying her and she wakes by 7 or 8, Were is the time to take care of our kids nd d home I.E, Preparing breakfast and bathing the kids and also preparing for her work hour..... Please Nairalanders, Your opinions will be highly welcomed. I thought you had a more serious problem. Can everybody imagine ? So what you mentioned now is your problem? Oga calm. So tell me will you leave a girl you claim you love because she sleeps and wake up by 7am. Ask yourself ? and about the kids... just watch and see if she is lazy or not, if she is lazy then talk to her about it with seriousness not jokingly. If she is not then no problem.

Mods please push to front page for more assistance
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Mrnairalandd: 11:13am On Dec 05, 2017
Dimples129:

If she is working then yes! You do it regularly.

Bleep off

So what is the point of marrying a woman who can’t take care of her child?

So the young man should marry her for what? Decoration i guess

Lazy ass

Her main job in that house is waking up in the morning to take care of her child and make breakfast. Period! The only exception to that is if she is the one making money available for all these things.

A woman who knows her responsibility will be up by 6am(7hours sleep enough for lazy ass wife, only poor people sleep that long) and begin to make breakfast and bath her child.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by mechanics(m): 11:30am On Dec 05, 2017
HarunaWest:
lol....I thought you had one serious problem as such....she shud sleep early then so she could wake up early,,and start ringing it into her ear that you would not marry a jobless lady....she will adjust
na so.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by zaramgrand(f): 11:37am On Dec 05, 2017
She needs to wake up, cook, bath d kids, clean d house and also prepare for work.
That's her duty Abi? Op wats ur own duty Pls. I hope it's not just to eat and go to work.

Rubbish!
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by nairanaira12: 11:39am On Dec 05, 2017
Preetiex:
dat is ur opinion anyway

It is not just an individual thing. It is a norm in a safe society. A sensible woman won't be sleeping till 7am when she has to get to work by 8am

Is she sick or went on a vigil the previous night?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by nairanaira12: 11:40am On Dec 05, 2017
Preetiex:
y bring his parent into dis because of a comment? Do to other wat u want others to do to u o,besides we all have different ways of living our lives

A woman waking up early and taking care of these home is a norm.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by joe120120(m): 11:42am On Dec 05, 2017
Realitycheck007:
Good day,

Good people of nairaland, I am new to the thread so please bear my mishaps. Nairaland was Introduced to me by a colleague of mine at the office yesterday. So i said i should seek your advice on an issue bothering me.. Back to the topic.

Name withheld, My fiancee has been my girl for over 4 months now, and by early next year am thinking of taking it to the alter by God's grace but here is the problem....

On 3 or 4 occasions i have invited her to spend the night at my place, she do agrees but the problem is she over sleeps. She would sleep from 11 till 7am, A working class lady. I dunno how to tell her again, Cause i told her jokingly she laughed about it and said Is It my sleep. Imagine marrying her and she wakes by 7 or 8, Were is the time to take care of our kids nd d home I.E, Preparing breakfast and bathing the kids and also preparing for her work hour..... Please Nairalanders, Your opinions will be highly welcomed.

Mods please push to front page for more assistance

u are the master& boss of ur house, u have everything to do to her to make her soot u, so that the marriage will be fantastic. kudo
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by msylva2147(m): 11:51am On Dec 05, 2017
Realitycheck007:
This has got me laughing my chin hurts grin
like seriously? I thought you needed some help and I choose to offer one. On a serious note you don't even have an excuse over the said lady, what's your business with her waking up early so long as she's meeting up with other things and she respects you and your family you should be cool with that and I believe that's what most of the men are looking for in a woman. she is sleeping that way because she doesn't have much to do and I see nothing wrong with that, but I believe by the time she started having kids nobody will tell her when to wake up.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by nairanaira12: 11:54am On Dec 05, 2017
Jimi23:

You are a fool. Your parents are both lunatics for bringing forth a buffoon like you to planet earth. You are the foolish OP operating under a different handle obviously. With your English I ain't gonna stoop to a dumdum head like you. Na people like you with your brainlessness who encourage gigoloism and woman slavery. You are a monkey born by animals. Gerrarahia man! Stupid.d OP.

See the way you are releasing oral diarrhea everywhere. Did you get this incurable disease from your immbecile father and lazy ass mother?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by TemmyTee82(f): 11:59am On Dec 05, 2017
SmellingAnus:
nah... Because your anus has a pleasant aroma especially after defecation... grin

It does. I use scented water to clean up. You can come and smell it if you doubt.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by TemmyTee82(f): 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
Gofwane:
lol the op never know wetin dey happen inside town

No mind am jere.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by TemmyTee82(f): 12:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
nairanaira12:

It is not just an individual thing. It is a norm in a safe society. A sensible woman won't be sleeping till 7am when she has to get to work by 8am

Is she sick or went on a vigil the previous night?

She sleeps over at her boyfriend's house. Obviously she isn't going to work on that day.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by TemmyTee82(f): 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2017
Mrnairalandd:

Bleep off

So what is the point of hiring a maid who can’t take care of her child?

So the young man should hire her for what? Decoration i guess

Lazy ass

Her main job in that house is waking up in the morning to take care of her child and make breakfast. Period! The only exception to that is if she is the one making money available for all these things.

A maid who knows her responsibility will be up by 6am(7hours sleep enough for lazy ass maid, only poor people sleep that long) and begin to make breakfast and bath her child.

Fixed.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by kelechiMarie(f): 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2017
The only reason you see waking up at 7 as a problem is because of the stress filled ,abnormal society Nigeria is. If I have little kids who resume school by 9am, a job that runs from 9-5 ,please tell me why I should be awake before 7? She sleeps for 8hours right, that's pretty normal hun as long as it doesn't affect her other duties. People in the village(back then) sleep by 9pm and wake up by 5am and still work hard so what's the difference. Stop equating waking up early to being hardworking, some people are not just morning persons, your fiancée is probably more productive at night(hence the late sleeping). But you know what, you should break up with her if you don't change your mentality.
Wife material indeed,!

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Humanistme: 12:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
nairanaira12:

So, waking up early to clean the home is your own idea of suffering? This your generation has gone to the dogs.

Will you encourage your daughters to sleep till 7am when they have to arrive at work by 8am?

If waking up early to clean the home everyday is left for one person alone when it is the two of you that work, then complain when she is too tired to do it on certain days then to me it is suffering.

This generation is actually better, we technologically advanced, slavery has reduced, black people can vote, we have women emancipation etc

I will encourage my my daughters to wake whenever they want as long as they manage the time they have left well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by nairanaira12: 12:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
Set
Humanistme:

If waking up early to clean the home everyday is left for one person alone when it is the two of you that work, then complain when she is too tired to do it on certain days then to me it is suffering.

This generation is actually better, we technologically advanced, slavery has reduced, black people can vote, we have women emancipation etc

I will encourage my my daughters to wake whenever they want as long as they manage the time they have left well.

Can you show me where I said waking up early should be left to only one person? You will live better if you read with more understanding before commenting. In my own home, my parents taught us, both male and female, to wake up early. A mature woman sleeping till 7am when she will resume at work by 8am is an irresponsible woman with poor upbringing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Hijab Doesn't Stop Sexual Harrassment- Muslim Lady Cries Out / THREAD For Those Who Don't Have A Val / My Fiancee's Anger Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.