Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,081 members, 7,807,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Tithing is not an Eternal principle - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing is not an Eternal principle (1925 Views)

Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing is not an Eternal principle by fellowman: 8:09am On Dec 05, 2017
Christian scholars claim that Abraham’s tithing of the spoils of war predated the Law of Moses, and therefore even if the Law of Moses is done away with, tithing is still binding on Christians because Abraham predated the Law of Moses. Is this true?
Abraham went to war on behalf of Sodom (SODOM, mind you), to rescue his nephew, Lot. He then gave 10% of these spoils of war to Melchizedek, and allowed Sodom to keep 90%, while he himself kept NOTHING!
Although Abraham gave Melchizedek a tithe of the booty of war, he told the king of Sodom that he would take none of it for himself.

how does this one in a lifetime event explain tithing your possession when Abraham did not tithe his possession.
And only did it once compared to the monthly tithe that our preachers keep pressuring us to give.

The second is Jacob's tithe.

Let’s ask ourselves a reasonable question: Just how did Jacob actually give a tithe to God? Did he personally hand it to God? No, no one has ever even seen God. Did Jacob tithe to an angel? No, angels do not need and can’t use tithes. Did Jacob send his tithe to Heaven by Celestial Express? No. Did he take it to the local church? No, there was no local church. Did he take it to the Temple? No, there was no temple. Did he give it directly to one of the Levitic priests? No, there were no Levites as yet. Well how then did Jacob tithe to God? Was it even possible? Yes, there were actually two different ways that Jacob could tithe to God:

1. "And thither ye shall bring your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, and your TITHES, and heave offerings of your hand, and your vows, and your freewill offerings, and the firstlings of your herds and of your flocks: And there ye shall eat before the Lord your God, and ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, YE and YOUR HOUSEHOLDS, wherein the Lord thy God hath blessed thee" (Deut. 12:6-7).

2. "And even though there were no Levites in Jacob’s day, nonetheless, there were "...the STRANGER, and the FATHERLESS, and the WIDOW, which are within thy gates, shall come, and SHALL EAT AND BE SATISFIED; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thin hand which thou doest" (Deut. 14:29).

A warning to all charlatans and would-be tithe extractors and collectors: There is NO temple of God being officiated in Jerusalem today. There is NO Levitic priesthood to officiate at such a temple. There is NO NEED for such a temple or priesthood at this time. Only Levites could collect tithes at the temple. Therefore, EVERYONE collecting tithes today is a charlatan and a fake. If one cannot historically trace back his genealogy generation by generation with no lapses to the family of Aaron, he IS NOT and CANNOT be a priest authorized of God at this time to collect tithes for the temple services and sacrifices. (Of course Jesus IS our Sacrifice, and therefore that whole system funded by the tithes of the law is no longer applicable.)

Let us learn. Who was to partake of all these tithes and good things of the herd and of the land and of the trees? Everyone (yes, the Levite was also included) was to rejoice before the Lord. Did anyone see "money" in the list of things they were to bring before the Lord to rejoice? Was it just the ministers (the Levites) who were the recipients of these tithes and offerings, or was not everyone to partake of these things? Rejoicing and eating one’s own tithe before the Lord, was a very personal and reverent act of worship and communion with God. Not unlike prayer. Others may share and profit from our prayers, but we offer them to God, not to men.

The true believers under the New Covenant are now God’s temple,
"For YOU ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE LIVING GOD, according as God said, that I will be making My home and will be walking in them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people" (II Cor. 6:16).
See also, (I Cor. 3:15 and I Cor. 1:19).

Each individual believer under the New Covenant forms a NEW priesthood,
"Yet you are a chosen race, a ‘ROYAL PRIESTHOOD’..." (I Peter 2:9).

so how does a priest (true believers like you and me) now pay tithe to someone else?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by Grabbeast: 8:54am On Dec 05, 2017
In the old testament, the isrealite paid their tithe and also gave freewill offering. Yet one defender of tithe will come and say paying of tithe is done of members of the church freewill when it is not true.

There has always been a curse that follows paying of tithe that is pronounced on people that chooses not to pay. This is why paying of tithe is not something that is done of freewill.

Pastors who preach tithe paying also preach the curse that follows none payment of tithe. For this reason, people who pay their tithe do so not out of their free will, but do so under duress.

The new testament christian should not be subject to such and made to do good against their will. The preaching of tithe is not meant for the new testament christian.

1 Like

Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by fellowman: 8:55am On Dec 05, 2017
Is there anyone who thinks otherwise should let me know.

The truth is that we are now the tithe....

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove that is that good and acceptable and perfect, will of God"
(Rom. 12:1-2).
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by fellowman: 10:17am On Dec 05, 2017
oam4j mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by fellowman: 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2017
princechurchill, felixomor
why don't you add yours here.

1 Like

Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by fellowman: 8:44am On Dec 06, 2017
I accept your challenge ken4christ
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by Osezua: 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB8ycSJyh9U&t=1261s

Daddy Freeze Selfish Hidden Agenda On Tithing
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by Osezua: 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW3M5vZMzks

Biblical Response To Daddy Freeze On Tithing By Apostle Israel Jimah Part 2
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by fellowman: 12:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
Osezua:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW3M5vZMzks

Biblical Response To Daddy Freeze On Tithing By Apostle Israel Jimah Part 2

I'm not clicking on it why don't you explain it here
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by Osezua: 12:11pm On Dec 06, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-OgleMN65Y

Biblical Response To Daddy Freeze On Tithing By Apostle Israel Jimah Part 3
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by Osezua: 12:12pm On Dec 06, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyw-A3z3BE

Biblical Response To Daddy Freeze On Tithing By Apostle Israel Jimah Part 4
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by Osezua: 12:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
fellowman:

I'm not clicking on it why don't you explain it here
It will do you a whole lot of good to patiently watch and comprehend. Regards.
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by fellowman: 12:19pm On Dec 06, 2017
Osezua:

give me scriptural evidence not some copy and paste stuff.

secondly when you say Daddy freeze is selfish, is Daddy freeze the one collecting the tithe?

3 Likes

Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by Osezua: 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2017
fellowman:

give me scriptural evidence not some copy and paste stuff.

secondly when you say Daddy freeze is selfish, is Daddy freeze the one collecting the tithe?

I will urge you to remove pride and humbly watch these videos. There are a lot of scriptural verses and evidences. mind you its not my work but I have taken time to watch and comprehend. The issues should not be about competition but for us to get knowledge and be edified. You are also free to disagree or agree. Regards.
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by fellowman: 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2017
Osezua:

I will urge you to remove pride and humbly watch these videos. There are a lot of scriptural verses and evidences. mind you its not my work but I have taken time to watch and comprehend. The issues should not be about competition but for us to get knowledge and be edified. You are also free to disagree or agree. Regards.

give me one, or if you've watched it then explain so I can counter your narrative, secondly my data subscription is not meant for YouTube.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by Osezua: 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2017
fellowman:

give me one, or if you've watched it then explain so I can counter your narrative, secondly my data subscription is not meant for YouTube.

Like I said I am not here for arguments or counter narratives. I see you blazing and ready to shoot from all directions. God is not the author of confusion. Any argument that will not edify me and the church at large but will cause divisions in the body of christ count me out. As christians (don't know if you are ) we should be concerned more about the weightier matters of Salvation, how to reach the lost souls, evangelism, living a life of holiness and righteousness. The issue of tithe should not divide the church. Best Regards
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by fellowman: 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
Osezua:

Like I said I am not here for arguments or counter narratives. I see you blazing and ready to shoot from all directions. God is not the author of confusion. Any argument that will not edify me and the church at large but will cause divisions in the body of christ count me out. As christians (don't know if you are ) we should be concerned more about the weightier matters of Salvation, how to reach the lost souls, evangelism, living a life of holiness and righteousness. The issue of tithe should not divide the church. Best Regards

okay I hear you but to me I believe the men of God should follow the true teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by fellowman: 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2017
I had to bring this up again.
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by Goshen360(m): 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2017
Osezua:

Just quoting scriptures is different from sound doctrines. If you going to debate the truth, why not put up those scriptures to him

1 Like

Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by linearity: 12:37am On Dec 13, 2017
Osezua:

I watched the videos and the Pastor quoted scriptures, but did not address the issue of tithing.

1. Freeze never said, Christians should not support their churches financially. It is very clear that Christians have to give to support the work.

2. None of the passage he quoted mandated this giving and none mentioned tithe or said it must be 10%.

3. Early Christians were living a communist lifestyle, that is why they sold 100% of their possessions and lay it at the Apostles’ feet. Many cult have arisen to mimic this cult like commune living, but had failed. And I believe the Pastor is not advocating that, all his church members move in and he will start taking care of 100% of their needs.

4. Not all the churches were doing it during Paul’s day.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by jaszplus12(m): 4:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
fellowman:
Christian scholars claim that Abraham’s tithing of the spoils of war predated the Law of Moses, and therefore even if the Law of Moses is done away with, tithing is still binding on Christians because Abraham predated the Law of Moses. Is this true?
Abraham went to war on behalf of Sodom (SODOM, mind you), to rescue his nephew, Lot. He then gave 10% of these spoils of war to Melchizedek, and allowed Sodom to keep 90%, while he himself kept NOTHING!
Although Abraham gave Melchizedek a tithe of the booty of war, he told the king of Sodom that he would take none of it for himself.

how does this one in a lifetime event explain tithing your possession when Abraham did not tithe his possession.
And only did it once compared to the monthly tithe that our preachers keep pressuring us to give.

The second is Jacob's tithe.

Let’s ask ourselves a reasonable question: Just how did Jacob actually give a tithe to God? Did he personally hand it to God? No, no one has ever even seen God. Did Jacob tithe to an angel? No, angels do not need and can’t use tithes. Did Jacob send his tithe to Heaven by Celestial Express? No. Did he take it to the local church? No, there was no local church. Did he take it to the Temple? No, there was no temple. Did he give it directly to one of the Levitic priests? No, there were no Levites as yet. Well how then did Jacob tithe to God? Was it even possible? Yes, there were actually two different ways that Jacob could tithe to God:

1. "And thither ye shall bring your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, and your TITHES, and heave offerings of your hand, and your vows, and your freewill offerings, and the firstlings of your herds and of your flocks: And there ye shall eat before the Lord your God, and ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, YE and YOUR HOUSEHOLDS, wherein the Lord thy God hath blessed thee" (Deut. 12:6-7).

2. "And even though there were no Levites in Jacob’s day, nonetheless, there were "...the STRANGER, and the FATHERLESS, and the WIDOW, which are within thy gates, shall come, and SHALL EAT AND BE SATISFIED; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thin hand which thou doest" (Deut. 14:29).

A warning to all charlatans and would-be tithe extractors and collectors: There is NO temple of God being officiated in Jerusalem today. There is NO Levitic priesthood to officiate at such a temple. There is NO NEED for such a temple or priesthood at this time. Only Levites could collect tithes at the temple. Therefore, EVERYONE collecting tithes today is a charlatan and a fake. If one cannot historically trace back his genealogy generation by generation with no lapses to the family of Aaron, he IS NOT and CANNOT be a priest authorized of God at this time to collect tithes for the temple services and sacrifices. (Of course Jesus IS our Sacrifice, and therefore that whole system funded by the tithes of the law is no longer applicable.)

Let us learn. Who was to partake of all these tithes and good things of the herd and of the land and of the trees? Everyone (yes, the Levite was also included) was to rejoice before the Lord. Did anyone see "money" in the list of things they were to bring before the Lord to rejoice? Was it just the ministers (the Levites) who were the recipients of these tithes and offerings, or was not everyone to partake of these things? Rejoicing and eating one’s own tithe before the Lord, was a very personal and reverent act of worship and communion with God. Not unlike prayer. Others may share and profit from our prayers, but we offer them to God, not to men.

The true believers under the New Covenant are now God’s temple,
"For YOU ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE LIVING GOD, according as God said, that I will be making My home and will be walking in them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people" (II Cor. 6:16).
See also, (I Cor. 3:15 and I Cor. 1:19).

Each individual believer under the New Covenant forms a NEW priesthood,
"Yet you are a chosen race, a ‘ROYAL PRIESTHOOD’..." (I Peter 2:9).

so how does a priest (true believers like you and me) now pay tithe to someone else?
great! you have done a great job! keep it up...
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by paxonel(m): 6:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
Osezua:
The video lay emphasis on giving among christians, not tithing.
Daddy freeze requested scriptural bases for tithing among christians,not giving.

Daddy freeze is never against church giving
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by RexEmmyGee: 10:55am On Mar 04, 2018
linearity:

I watched the videos and the Pastor quoted scriptures, but did not address the issue of tithing.

1. Freeze never said, Christians should not support their churches financially. It is very clear that Christians have to give to support the work.

2. None of the passage he quoted mandated this giving and none mentioned tithe or said it must be 10%.

3. Early Christians were living a communist lifestyle, that is why they sold 100% of their possessions and lay it at the Apostles’ feet. Many cult have arisen to mimic this cult like commune living, but had failed. And I believe the Pastor is not advocating that, all his church members move in and he will start taking care of 100% of their needs.

4. Not all the churches were doing it during Paul’s day.

Malachi 3:10-18
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by ProjectNaija(m): 1:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
RexEmmyGee:

What does this passage say in proper context and how is tithe defined according to scriptures?
Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by linearity: 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
RexEmmyGee:

Malachi was addressed directly to Priests...try read the whole book.

If you are short of time, read Mal 2:1-2:

“1 And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.

2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.”

1 Like

Re: Tithing is not an Eternal principle by Hiswordxray(m): 2:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
fellowman:

Blessing you brother.
When I first started reading this post I was shocked because it is very seemingly to what I wrote in my book," The New Covenant". But I'm sure you haven't read my book. This shows that the Spirit is one and he is ready to teach the truth to all those who is ready to listen.
Bless you again brother.

(1) (Reply)

Authorities To Recover Body Of American Man Killed With Arrow On Isolated Island / What Is The Name Of Your God? / Is Death The End Of The Road?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.