Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! (24985 Views)

Don’t Punish Us For Saraki’s ‘rebellion,’ North Central Leaders Beg Buhari / South-east APC Leaders Beg Buhari To Support Igbo Presidency In 2023 / Obaseki Meets With Edo-ijaw Leaders, Sues For Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:17pm On Dec 05, 2017
Killurself:
This is problem ijaws are been having with other tribes, if Oba of Benin accept the ijaw king problem have started years come they can't claim the land back. See what itshekiri turned to before itshekiri called ijaws slave but now slave have take all there water way and claimed owner to be sincere ijaws are from bayelsa only but now they've spread all over the river for nonsense fishing and spread militancy like disease all over Niger delta, pls Edo's should learn from itshekiri and urhobo even ilaje, they're fought with all dis tribe and burned their communities, pls don't allow or approved the king
Stop misinforming people
Gelegele is Ijaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC7Q_0I3-yw
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by blowjob: 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
IJAW,IJAW,HOW MANY TIMES,I CALL UNA,BENIN,NOR BE DELTA,LAGOS OR OGUN,,NO MERCY HERE,WE COOL OOO,BUT WHEN UNA BRING AM,WATIN UNA GO SEE.... angry angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hotfreeze:
Ijaws have reported to begging the same Buhari which they threatened when GEJ was in power?

Shame.
Olodiama kingship crisis: Ijaw leaders urge Buhari to restore peace

The op was just be foolish
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/olodiama-kingship-crisis-ijaw-leaders-urge-buhari-restore-peace/
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2017
itsene:
Ijaw/ Itsekiri crisis.
Ijaw/Urhobo crisis.
Ijaw/Benin crisis.

Educate yourself Gelegele gbene is Ijaw

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2017
odigbosky:

Point of correction there have never been any pere in Olodiama. The current man they are calling pere is the son of the late chief priest of Egbesu order.
There has been, even in the old western region
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
gbishman:
In your dreams, keep dreaming, the fact that a landlord forgets to collect rent from a tenant from donkey years, does that now allow the tenant to lay claim to the landlords property?
Stop misinforming people gelegele is Ijaw

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2017
eee777:
When I say 98% of Nigerians are fools & tribalist people think I'm joking. If you like divide Nigeria into 700 countries they will not still be united & developed like other sane nations of this earth. It is a fundamental problem. First the issue of tribalism, land grabbing & supremacy by some troublesome tribes must first be tackled before restructuring if not you all will end up killing yourselves

Ijaws are on land grabbing spree & false expansion mission because it is a taboo to leave bayesa & install a king answerable to gbaramatu in in bayesa from Benin Kingdom & you kids of this forum see nothing wrong with that? Why not live in peace with the people. Why another Oba in Benin City? If not for land grabbing purpose only

Imagine a country were ikshekiri, urhobo, ijaws are?

Or country only Benin esan & esako are? They will start well but soon enough one side will feel marginalized again & would want to seperate.

Then you then allow the 3 to go their way. In that new country were they now speak one voice, Ekpoma man will start arguing with Uromi man that they are the real esan clan while the Oredo man will tell the rest Benin they are the real owners of Benin City, Ogbe go talk say na them close to Oba's Palace & before you know the new country will continue in backwardness & the politicians will just keep underperforming & looting.

Just look at the two boys comments who claimed to be esan on this thread as example

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2017
ice4u999:
Truth be told the ijaws are becoming a problem in Nigeria. Aba they have their acentral lands but yet they go into Lagos and try to claim portions for themselves and now Edo state. It is not a crime to live any area as a Nigerian but trying to claim these areas is really bad knowing fully well that they won't accept the same take over in their lands is just rediculus. Good thing the supreme Court recognised that the True Edos own this area. Since the mention of this seaport they have tried doing everything possible to take over the area.

There is no supreme court judgment on the entire gelegele land its a lie that bini people spread
Just see how they twisted the title of this thread
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/olodiama-kingship-crisis-ijaw-leaders-urge-buhari-restore-peace/
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
Born2Breed:
The IJAWs are boasting online. We are watching, soon we will chase you all into the sea where you rightly belong.

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2017
bernf16:
I believe u're an elite and trimly educated so I will just say u don't have to rev like this on social media...its just a logical agitations, why would they be in Edo State and be clamoring for another king, when the Benin tradition and culture forbids it, why now? Edo pple are loving entities from the get-go and richly endowed cultural background.

There is no need to fight, aint we one Nigeria...one love my brother!!!

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2017
osazsky:
do we have a Bini king in bayelsa landed areas fool hypocrite

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2017
odigbosky:

My guy we dn first yan b4 nah....i dnt knw y u are doing war cries here. The ijaws i know dnt behave like this. Shayb u re in delta or bayelsa. No worry God go give u strength and money wen u go take transport come gelegele if e set...like i told u before am in benin...Happy new month
Is it this same gelegele that channels tv went to?

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2017
Mouth Gig:
IJAW,IJAW,HOW MANY TIMES,I CALL UNA,BENIN,NOR BE DELTA,LAGOS OR OGUN,,NO MERCY HERE,WE COOL OOO,BUT WHEN UNA BRING AM,WATIN UNA GO SEE.... angry angry angry
hmm Blow_job? U must be a bini woman, stop this unnecessary ranting Gelegele is IJAW.

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by ice4u999(m): 7:41pm On Dec 05, 2017
AdaFonju:

There is no supreme court judgment on the entire gelegele land its a lie that bini people spread
Just see how they twisted the title of this thread

Ok smart ass tell me a part in this video that you are busy shearing, what exactly is on this video that proves your point. Did you watch the video yourself ?
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 05, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
This is the reason our oba met with buhari few days ago.
To ensure this stupid izon people leave Benin before they will turn to herdsmen in Edo state
it is you and your family that is st.upid and to think you moniker is Jesus loves you makes me wonder what is left of Christianity
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
ice4u999:

Ok smart tell me this video that you are busy shearing, what exactly is on this video that proves your point. Did you watch the video yourself ?
The truth hurts doesn't it? Im here for ur daily dosage
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by gregyboy(m): 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
BrownRoofRep:

Bro, we don't bury people. It's not in us.
If they make the noise of their useless overlord myth reach Igboland we will flog senses into their empty heads and frog-jump them back to their land.

see d biggest fool for the century always using population inshort both the biafra afonjas and hausas including the propagating ijaws all of you are mad always ranting in nigeria just common southafricans nd Libyan have been dealing with you people you couldnt even fight back soon Ghana will follow just in Nigeria you claim warriors over smaller ethnic grp who was reduced by a bigger nation british nd wonder where you fathers were when benin conquered them

nigeria is bleeped up the three ethnic world one day fight in this Nigeria and it will be the end ...winning a war or election is not by population all is about sense which the benins have

i regreted y i was born in an ethnocentric country i blame the british

God punish wazobia and d ijaw mke una cum beat me you all caused why we are in the mess now ibos aka drug deakers been killed in indian and Europe .afonja(rituslist nd rapist hausa( the biggest fools who think nigeria is thier birthrite nd they are smart
southerners ( i dont care people )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by ice4u999(m): 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2017
AdaFonju:

The truth hurts doesn't it? Im here for ur daily dosage

What truth ? You have not proved anything from posting the video. Ijaws live in lagoons in Lagos and still claim those man made islands as their heritage. They move into communities and if you don't chase them out right away out of love then every child claim the location to be theirs. Dude you haven't prove nothing so there is no truth here that hurts
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by stpat1(m): 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
[quote author=pedrilo post=63004861]oba of bini is not my ruler, he is the ruler of the binis, im from esan part of edo state, i am not a bini man. live and let live. allow ijaws to live their life, dnt allow ASAWANA to invade bini kingdom
take note, there is notin like edo kingdom, it is bini kingdom, so dat wen ijaw start dealing wit u guys, they will not confuse Bini kingdom for edo state. [/quote

Shut up. You are not Esan. In fact you are far from being one.
No free born Esan man will spew such sacrilege.
Omo Ale jati jati

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by pascal558(m): 7:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
ice4u999:

Na wao ok then their men are not invite to our drink but we must still allow those women come o. Lol �
bros d truth is ijaws and fulani herdsmen are normads and also share some other things in common,if u knw what i mean!
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by erico2k2(m): 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2017
rhektor:

He's not just Oba of Benin but [/b]Omo n’Oba n’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo[b]

Watago?
What you quoted there, does it not mean the Oba of Edo speaking people? and is the Language of Benin people not Edo Language?
Besides, I have said this again, benin or Edo people are small compared to the Ijaw people who have a whole State (Bayelsa)
Edo State has four regions Edo, Esan, Owan and etsako.So if you are Edo speaking, then you got to cope with esan,Etsako and Owan.
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2017
ice4u999:

What truth ? You have not proved anything from posting the video. Ijaws live in lagoons in Lagos and still claim those man made islands as their heritage. They move into communities and if you don't chase them out right away out of love then every child claim the location to be theirs. Dude you haven't prove nothing so there is no truth here that hurts
I understand you are finding it difficult to understand because your whole claim is based on propaganda and ignorance, read up on dr egharevba books(a bini man) on this isuue and see if your ignorance can be helped

1 Like

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 7:59pm On Dec 05, 2017
gregyboy:

see d biggest fool for the century always using population inshort both the biafra afonjas and hausas including the propagating ijaws all of you are mad always ranting in nigeria just common southafricans nd Libyan have been dealing with you people you couldnt even fight back soon Ghana will follow just in Nigeria you claim warriors over smaller ethnic grp who was reduced by a bigger nation british nd wonder where you fathers were when benin conquered them

nigeria is bleeped up the three ethnic world one day fight in this Nigeria and it will be the end ...winning a war or election is not by population all is about sense which the benins have

i regreted y i was born in an ethnocentric country i blame the british

God punish wazobia and d ijaw mke una cum beat me you all caused why we are in the mess now ibos aka drug deakers been killed in indian and Europe .afonja(rituslist nd rapist hausa( the biggest fools who think nigeria is thier birthrite nd they are smart
southerners ( i dont care people )

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by pascal558(m): 7:59pm On Dec 05, 2017
[quote author=gregyboy post=63011765]

i[/Quote]bros i b benin Guy,bt i wil urge u to delete this post!!!plz do!!GOD bless u!

God punish wazobia and d ijaw mke unacum beat me you all caused why we are in the mess now ibos aka drug deakers been killed in indian and Europe .afonja(rituslist nd r
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by mr1759: 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2017
beamtopola:

yea, I am proud to b a fisherman than sending my daughters to Italy for prostitution.
Naw that the ijaws are begging you guys, you wouldn't give heed, when we start na una go cry foul.
we are watching you Edo over year in bayelsa and any love-vendor or trying to attack the ijaw, we ijaw in the south south will retaliate.

shut up
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by AdaFonju: 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2017
cited E. Alademomi Kenyo, who in his book, titled ‘The Origin and Title of Yoruba Rulers’ (N.D) Page 3, stated: ‘Up till time, the Oba (in Benin) and his people were pure Yoruba and did not understand the language of the aborigines, who usually salute themselves and the new people (the Bini) Adoo, Dolo.’ It is an indisputable fact that it is only the Ijaws that greet Adoo and Dolo in Nigeria.
“here is a bini mans Dr J .U. Egharevba’s book titled, “The Short History of Benin’ (1968) to back our claims, we equally referred to Prof. Alan Ryder, a British national and former professor of history at University of Ibadan in his book, ‘Benin and the Europeans 1485-1897,’ Page 27, which states inter alia, ‘Whichever of the slave rivers the Portuguese frequented, the people they first met and traded with, would have belonged to Ijo (Ijaw) tribe, which at that time dominated the coastal belt of the swamp forest, extending inland to a depth of 30-40miles in the region.
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by crafteck(m): 8:07pm On Dec 05, 2017
Who else thinks we shouldnt have royal families since governors are doing the job already, all they do is take over plots of land... They've outlived their usefulness

1 Like

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by lesson44: 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2017
yea, I am proud to b a fisherman than sending my daughters to Italy for prostitution.
Naw that the ijaws are begging you guys, you wouldn't give heed, when we start na una go cry foul.
we are watching you Edo over year in bayelsa and any love-vendor or trying to attack the ijaw, we ijaw in the south south will retaliate.[/quote]

Hey look here, the last time I checked, the name Benins is the same thing as fear.
The fact that we the youths like to travel out of the country to go make a living for ourselves is not an opportunity for a little tribe like ijaw to become a threat tothe binis.
We are not the oil workers oyibo that you kidnapped. We are the binis, the warrior. Ask your father's, they know better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by ice4u999(m): 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2017
erico2k2:

What you quoted there, does it not mean the Oba of Edo speaking people? and is the Language of Benin people not Edo Language?

Oga erico welcome from property section. The Oba is the chairman of all traditional rulers in Benin and from time his subjects even extended to other communities in Delta state.

A very good example the queen of England in simple language should only be the queen of those in England but she is also the queen in Canada, Australia and some areas in UK. With appointed governor generals in various countries representing her.

The Edo don't cover binis alone but a group of tribes as it has been from time. The Oba of Benin today came to power via various tribal chiefs that makes up Edo coming together to appoint the family. The ijaws migrated to this region they claim via the river route which link Delta state to Edo State.

No one is saying they don't have right to the lands but they can't just put a monarch in place with out proper approves and the most annoying and insulting part is that this monarch pay respect to a king of another land. That to me is colonialism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by mr1759: 8:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
pedrilo:
oba of bini is not my ruler, he is the ruler of the binis, im from esan part of edo state, i am not a bini man. live and let live. allow ijaws to live their life, dnt allow ASAWANA to invade bini kingdom
take note, there is notin like edo kingdom, it is bini kingdom, so dat wen ijaw start dealing wit u guys, they will not confuse Bini kingdom for edo state.

shut up u r not Esans you r an impostor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by ice4u999(m): 8:17pm On Dec 05, 2017
AdaFonju:

I understand you are finding it difficult to understand because your whole claim is based on propaganda and ignorance, read up on dr egharevba books(a bini man) on this isuue and see if your ignorance can be helped

You posted a video correct? Ok good you tell me, based on this video that you posted as a fact, you that is not ignorate, please tell me one thing in this video to buttress your these point you call truth. Common on now you are very educated so please enlighten me by describing your facts based on the video you posted
Re: Edo/ijaw Crisis : Ijaw Leaders Beg Buhari To Intervene!! by rhektor(m): 8:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
erico2k2:

Besides, I have said this again, benin or Edo people are small compared to the Ijaw people who have a whole State (Bayelsa)
[/b]Edo State has four regions Edo, Esan, Owan and etsako.So if you are Edo speaking, then you got to cope with esan,Etsako and Owan.
[b]

Size or number does not imply superiority or quality, stop boasting about the number of Ijaw people, stop deceiving yourself. Those people you mentioned Esan, Owan, Etsako all acknowledged the Oba so stop your divisionist idea. Besides those languages are Edoid, would you also tell me that the Ijaws in Edo state speaksthe same language with those in rivers state?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

To Fish-Out Fake IDPs, Zulum Storms Camp Midnight For Headcount / Ikpeazu Visits The Family Of Ibrahim Attahiru, The Late COAS (Photos) / Tribunal Upholds LP’s Onuakalusi, Dismisses APC’s Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.