Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,941 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone (11485 Views)

Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone / Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho / Top 10 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Revolva(m): 1:47pm On Dec 05, 2017
Rooting has its disadvantages even if it gives you more control of your phone. This is due to the complexities associated with rooting your devices. The risk is even worse if it is not done by a professional. we highlights some of these risks.

Phone data will be lost

When you root your phone, you will be resetting it to the factory settings. This means that you will lose all the data that you have on your phone. You will be able to backup text messages and your gallery files with the help of apps, cloud syncing or by copying to your PC. Those can be easily restored. What you won't be able to backup is your app data.

Exposes your phone to security risks

Rooting exposes your device to unauthorised access, data leaks and theft, as well as hardware failure among others. Thus, if you have sensitive information on your phone, do not root it.

It invalidates your warranty

Manufacturers will not welcome warranty claims for devices tampered with by their customers. That includes both hardware and software changes, the latter of which includes root. So if rooting goes wrong, you may need to get another phone.

Can cause update issues

One of the issues related to rooting android is performing updates. Updates may fail to install due to software changes that occur while the phone has been rooted. Being unable to update your phone makes it susceptible to hackers. They will have a field day stealing your information.

Rooting never goes wrong

A tech whizz may find the process of rooting android phones very easy. But if you are a learner or beginner, there is a 99% of you to damage your phone if you attempt to root it yourself.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by MarkWayne89: 11:55am On Dec 06, 2017
Good information mate! Well done! Thank you

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by OVA200(m): 11:57am On Dec 06, 2017
OP edit your title it's says otherwise
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Godwin978(m): 2:10pm On Dec 06, 2017
is only those using low end Android that suppose to root to gain more control of their device, while those with high andriod phones shouldn't, for me I won't,
that was the time i was using Tecno phone.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Revolva(m): 6:28am On Dec 07, 2017
OVA200:
OP edit your title it's says otherwise

done thanks
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by abdeiz(m): 7:02am On Dec 07, 2017
Op make a list on why changing ROM is bad too
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by danthamccoy(m): 7:06am On Dec 07, 2017
Lol. Stopped reading at number one when I saw "This means that you will lose all the data that you have on your phone."

Be honest, you have never rooted your phone.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Ugoeze2016: 7:08am On Dec 07, 2017
Informative. Thank you
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by stevezuks: 7:09am On Dec 07, 2017
Get the best grades from your final year project research when it is written by a professional .

for your understanding graduate project and post graduate research project topic, project writing and materials from us @ https://RunMyResearch.com/hire-a-researcher/
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by dionysus7: 7:11am On Dec 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Feranchek(m): 7:11am On Dec 07, 2017
Lol. You really are a learner bros. With titanium backup, I can NEVER loose anything! Although I needn't root my phone to get my desired features, thanks to developers that have made it possible to download these things on playstore. Buh back then I can't use an android phone without rooting it! Bought a new galaxy note 2 in 2012, rooted it the moment I got home. Bought a new galaxy note 3 a year after and did same. When I wanted to make use of my warranty, I unrooted, adjusted my knox to 0×0 and my warranty was intact.

The benefits of rooting is way more than its disadvantages (which only exists for learners. Lol)

HERSLEY:
Rooting is for tecno users....u cant buy a high end and decide to root it

Lol. Cos you're a learner nana cheesycheesy

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Kelklein(m): 7:14am On Dec 07, 2017
Your first and last point tho..

Rooting does not reset phone to factory setting.
That's a fallacy

These days.. you don't need to be a techwiz to root your phone.. Just install any of the rooting app like Kingroot.. Run the app and there you are

It either roots your phone or fails to root.. No harm done to your phone.

The only reason I root my phone back in the days was to get more control of my RAM.. But now with a 4Gb RAM phone...rooting is just a waste of time..I agree with the poster above.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by dionysus7: 7:16am On Dec 07, 2017
oga do a thorough research before posting nonsense
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by HERSLEY(f): 7:16am On Dec 07, 2017

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Mekanus(m): 7:20am On Dec 07, 2017
Op from your number one point, it's obvious you've never rooted your phone or don't even know what rooting is.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by delikay4luv: 7:20am On Dec 07, 2017
HERSLEY:
hahaha. You are on point like decimal.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by OmichaelO: 7:21am On Dec 07, 2017
Revolva:
Rooting has its disadvantages even if it gives you more control of your phone. This is due to the complexities associated with rooting your devices. The risk is even worse if it is not done by a professional. we highlights some of these risks.

Phone data will be lost

When you root your phone, you will be resetting it to the factory settings. This means that you will lose all the data that you have on your phone. You will be able to backup text messages and your gallery files with the help of apps, cloud syncing or by copying to your PC. Those can be easily restored. What you won't be able to backup is your app data.

Rooting exposes your device to unauthorised access, data leaks and theft, as well as hardware failure among others. Thus, if you have sensitive information on your phone, do not root it.

Manufacturers will not welcome warranty claims for devices tampered with by their customers. That includes both hardware and software changes, the latter of which includes root. So if rooting goes wrong, you may need to get another phone.

Can cause update issues

One of the issues related to rooting android is performing updates. Updates may fail to install due to software changes that occur while the phone has been rooted. Being unable to update your phone makes it susceptible to hackers. They will have a field day stealing your information.

Rooting never goes wrong

A tech whizz may find the process of rooting android phones very easy. But if you are a learner or beginner, there is a 99% of you to damage your phone if you attempt to root it yourself.
Hogwash
how will you loose data because you rooted your phone ?
the rest are relatable. but No 1 shouldn't be a part
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 07, 2017
Can't use a non rooted phone.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by konfused: 7:23am On Dec 07, 2017
Seems you are just a learner @op
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by jesbu(m): 7:28am On Dec 07, 2017
Revolva:

Phone data will be lost

Can cause update issues

Rooting never goes wrong

What you said is true. But rooting a phone has its own advantage,
1: Blocking of Ad with dns
2: Modifications Of the audio system to give u powerful sound (AM3D Zirene Sound and Viper4 Fx)
3: Debloating to remove all manufacturers stock apps install custom rom tweak ram tweak network
The list endless. I can't use a phone without rooting it

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by lovelylad: 7:28am On Dec 07, 2017
With kingroot none of this happens

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by idris4r83(m): 7:29am On Dec 07, 2017
Lost your data at this age? That's ridiculous bro cos no data will b lost even your last dialled numbers will never b lost

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by calddon(m): 7:32am On Dec 07, 2017
Droid newbies shouldn't root, There is no joy from it........ But to power users, rooting means mobile life. Cant imagine not rooting my android phone.... Is it an iphone?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by lovelylad: 7:35am On Dec 07, 2017
jesbu:

What you said is true. But rooting a phone has its own advantage,
1: Blocking of Ad with dns
2: Modifications Of the audio system to give u powerful sound (AM3D Zirene Sound and Viper4 Fx)
3: Debloating to remove all manufacturers stock apps install custom rom tweak ram tweak network
The list endless. I can't use a phone without rooting it
This is why I like rooted phone
This no 2 how do I do it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by NLbully(m): 7:37am On Dec 07, 2017
cant do without rooting my phone though it got into bootloop 2days ago

Man is stuck with one useless java phone
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Bobody(m): 7:43am On Dec 07, 2017
Revolva:

Phone data will be lost

Can cause update issues

Rooting never goes wrong

Clearly I see you either don't know what rooting is all about or you write this based on your own recent experience.

Rooting is needed unless you're the scared type.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Nigerianbaby1(m): 7:43am On Dec 07, 2017
Op is just saying is own cup of tea.

Habeg house, how do I root and change the imei of LG snapdragon chipset. am hungry for answers oooo ;DOp is just saying is own cup of tea.

Habeg house, how do I root and change the imei of LG snapdragon chipset. am hungry for answers oooo
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by ryfoz(m): 7:46am On Dec 07, 2017
Others have done justice to this thread by giving the op confirm replies...so I reserve my comments...whether high end phone or low end, rooting will always be part of me: it definitely has unlimited advantages
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 07, 2017
What ediatic blogger fckery is this and why is it on the front page?

i doubt if this self proclaimed guru can list any of the tools for rooting devices.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by dermmy(m): 7:49am On Dec 07, 2017
There are some apps that require root access. If you come across those apps and u really need them my bro u would root your phone.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:59am On Dec 07, 2017
Trash trash trash. You can always easily unroot your phone whenever you want want

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos From TECNO 21st Century Woman Seminar Held At Unilag / What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones / MTN AWOOF Don Come Again Oooooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.