Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. (13335 Views)

Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? / Has Anyone In Nigeria Ever Gotten A Job From Indeed? / Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by tiwiex(m): 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2017
The company has a plan that requires ur skill. What happens to that plan whilst you are pregnant? Some people would want to call it discrimination but what happens in that three months? They employ a temp staff and pay double salary? You can claim u won't collect salary during d time.when time reach, u go go industrial court. This is a bad economic time in Nigeria. If you had a business, would you employ a pregnant woman?

1 Like

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Amhappy(f): 4:37pm On Dec 05, 2017
My cousin got a job while she was pregnant but they deferred her appointment till 4 months after delivery.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by kokomilala(m): 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2017
My pastor's wife, after years of searching , got a job eleven years ago as a pregnant woman.Yes, as a pregnant woman.Today, she's a manager there.So,it's left to you.If your faith is intact, you'll get a job, even if you're very pregnant.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by dman4mdmoon(m): 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2017
It is all about luck and connection. We employed a lady early in the year (heavily pregnant when she came for interview), she worked for some weeks and requested for maternity leave. She was granted the leave, but without pay. She accepted, went on leave and she is back at her duty post.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2017
Playz:
That's far. My advice, focus on the pregnancy for now, even if you were working, by this time you ought to be on sick-leave, the stress wouldn't be good for you or the baby.
#WishingYouASafeDelivery!
Hope I could help!
i really appreciate..thank you

1 Like

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by megareal: 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2017
Don't bother, they won't employ you. Just stay where you are till after delivery.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by jazzyjazz: 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2017
booqee:
i really appreciate..thank you

It will be tough to get a job at this stage in your pregnancy dear

I lost my job just when I discovered I was pregnant
Though I searched and attended interviews, the moment they noticed j was pregnant, they will never call me back. Some will even send me away without interviewing me

Eventually I had to stop applying and focus on my pregnancy (I had lots of issues with the pregnancy so it was even good that I wasn't employed at the time)

If you can manage in your current place, do so. After delivery and maternity leave, you can resign if you still want to.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by JMK9600(f): 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2017
From my personal experience, there are some jobs you will not be given once they know you are pregnant. Got a job once in paramilitary, after one month they knew I was pregnant and that was it. You can get job from federal and state governments and nobody will blink an eye about your pregnancy. And different companies have their own policies. All in all, it's God's grace that pulls all strings.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Guyman02: 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2017
Nonnyflex:
Well my sister got a Govt job in Abuja when she was pregnant... It may be easy with government work but don't think a private establishment will unless you have "extra special" qualifications

You can get Govt job even with 9 months pregnancy, but for private firms it could a bit hard
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by OboOlora(f): 4:58pm On Dec 05, 2017
slim19:
Why search for a job when you're pregnant?
Yorubas call it OJUKOKORO shocked

1 Like

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by lakesider(m): 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2017
If you are very Good at what you do .. Why not ?
A colleague was enticed with lots of package to move from her place of work to my place of work while she was 6month pregnant
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by preshpearl(f): 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2017
booqee:

third trimester..and showing..so i can't even conceal it

I am just in my first
thought about changing job because of stress but I had to think twice because I know its gonna be really hard
even people wey no get belle, na war before them see not to talk about you wey go talk three free months soon
I would advice you birth your child first
then after that you can start again

1 Like

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by sisisioge: 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2017
My friend did with a bank. She wrote their exams before she started showing, did the first and second stage when not seriously showing , then did the third when she was about eight months gone. Fortunately for her, she was lively and brilliant. Although they started out by looking at her belly instead of her face when conversing with her but she swayed them when it was time for leadership & team building test. They ended up asking how far gone she was and if she would have help with the new baby.

She got the job. Called shortly after she delivered.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by lindiwey: 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2017
I was invited for an interview while I was 36weeks pregnant, I was called to pick up my employment letter at 37weeks, I put to bed at 39weeks..God's favour at work.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by darlenese(f): 5:36pm On Dec 05, 2017
I have given jobs to a lot if pregnant women in the past . but I won't consider it anymore.

once bitten twice shy!!!
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by amychizzy: 6:14pm On Dec 05, 2017
In 2013 I went for an interview in Abuja,I never knew I was pregnant and they ask me that they hope I'm not trying to be pregnant pretty soon since I'm already married? I told them yes,that I don't have any interest of getting pregnant for now.. But when I noticed I was pregnant,I resigned from the job... Now I'm happy cox I'm a mummy now.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by femi4: 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2017
booqee:
Hi guys..

Ok i'm currently employed but due to some urgent and important reasons, I need to change my job ASAP.

For every application I've gone through, once they see i'm pregnant, (irrespective of how good my performance was), they just change their story.

I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing this?

Don't you think its unfair..

Please lets me hear your experience or opinion.. whether male or female..

Thanks..

Mods, i'll appreciate if this is on front page
put to bed first. Why do you want to stress the unborn baby
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by 3ncrypted: 6:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
Yes it's possible but not without God, I got a job while I was 7month gone. It's called favour not luck.

1 Like

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by LesbianBoy(m): 6:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
They were not the one that fvcked your pvssy. Let the man that fvcked you give you job angry

1 Like

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by CountDooku(m): 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2017
You already employed for 9months my dear grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by nazablossom(f): 9:17pm On Dec 05, 2017
It's very difficult. I nearly got a job once but when the woman found out I was pregnant, the story changed. That was how I lost the job. Exercise patience, after delivery you can go on with your job hunt.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by lifegal(f): 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2017
embarassed
darlenese:
I have given jobs to a lot if pregnant women in the past . but I won't consider it anymore.

once bitten twice shy!!!
Why? Can we have your reason?
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2017
jazzyjazz:

It will be tough to get a job at this stage in your pregnancy dear

I lost my job just when I discovered I was pregnant
Though I searched and attended interviews, the moment they noticed j was pregnant, they will never call me back. Some will even send me away without interviewing me

Eventually I had to stop applying and focus on my pregnancy (I had lots of issues with the pregnancy so it was even good that I wasn't employed at the time)

If you can manage in your current place, do so. After delivery and maternity leave, you can resign if you still want to.

thanks ma.. either ways I'll still leave my current employment soon (for some reasons).. and the thought of staying home is scary..working has somehow helped me pulled through the stress.. sad
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 05, 2017
darlenese:

once bitten twice shy!!!
what happened? Dyu care to share why you wont consider it again
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 05, 2017
LesbianBoy:
They were not the one that fvcked your pvssy. Let the man that fvcked you give you job angry
not funny
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by 1234onyekwe: 11:08pm On Dec 05, 2017
LesbianBoy:
Mehn,this is the best quote so far.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Daboomb: 6:12am On Dec 06, 2017
Keneking:
Can you do two jobs?

Abi o!
U have done a lot of work in the oza zroom work, what work do you want to do again?
grin grin
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Daboomb: 6:14am On Dec 06, 2017
CountDooku:
You already employed for 9months my dear grin grin

With full benefit sef or is her husband one of those useless guys that cant feed a woman for just 9months? angry angry
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Enkay12: 6:57am On Dec 06, 2017
Haba! Oga, do you have to say this?? If you don't have anything to say just waka pass. Looking for job doesn't mean her husband cannot feed her.

Daboomb:

With full benefit sef or is her husband one of those useless guys that cant feed a woman for just 9months? angry angry
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Enkay12: 7:04am On Dec 06, 2017
I will advice you manage your job till you put to bed but if you can't, resign and chill at home, take care of yourself till you give birth since you are already in your third trimester . The truth is nobody will want to employ you now and in the next few months you are already seeking for maternity leave, it's not even nice. Though you can still be favoured.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by Structuralman: 7:34am On Dec 06, 2017
booqee:
Hi guys..

Ok i'm currently employed but due to some urgent and important reasons, I need to change my job ASAP.

For every application I've gone through, once they see i'm pregnant, (irrespective of how good my performance was), they just change their story.

I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing this?

Don't you think its unfair..

Please lets me hear your experience or opinion.. whether male or female..

Thanks..

Mods, i'll appreciate if this is on front page

My wife did a test and interview and was one of the best candidates. She got the job in a private firm when she was 5-6 months pregnant. They say she was pregnant but still gave her the job! And she still got her maternity leave with full pay. Such employers though rare are still available. If you want to resign due to some urgent and important issues then please do. You will always get a better job.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. by speak2jasmine(f): 7:43am On Dec 06, 2017
My story is quite a sad one
Lemme drop it here
I got a job when I was 4month gone in an oil firm this March 2017(marketing officer)
My employer knew, it's a new company.
I worked my ass out till it was my 8month in pregnancy my employer told me to go home so I can rest and put to bed, I applied for maternity leave, bear in mind we were two pregnant ladies. The other lady put to bed before me a month interval when it was time for her to resume she was told no vacancy. Her husband fortunately for them is the youth president where the firm is and so his boys caused lots of scene at the office and the next day she was told to resume the next month. Over to me, I had my baby unfortunately who lived for two month and he had a hole in his heart and TGA a heart disease which needed urgent surgery in India, my baby couldn't make it, he died, he left me. This was two month after birth Informed my office everything and that I want to resume, I was told no vacancy , meaning I lost two things at the same time infact my whole world crumbled. The HR told me there's nothing she can do well if the were expecting my hubby to create a scene that's a no no. So I"m jobless for now believe me I'm hurt took me a whole lot to write this. But I know God is always there for his people. On a lighter note i'm in need of a job my contact(enosampson4real@gmail.com)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Online Job Application A Waste Of Time? / Nestle Aptitude Test-dragnet / Special Appeal To All Employers Of Labour And HR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.