Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,917 members, 7,799,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Why Are Some Some People Like This?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Some People Like This?? (1376 Views)

My Entitled Distant Cousin. Why Are Some People Like This? / Can You Punish A Cheating Wife Like This?? / Man Apologizes To His Wife After Seeing Her Like This At Home (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by magicbrain007: 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2017
We play too much blame game in this country.
We blame bad leadership, bad politicians, bad neighbors, bad village people, bad lecturers even bad pastors...
But we don't ever see our own fault.

I went to bed angry with my wife.

We live in a compound housing 8 2-bedrooms apartment somewhere in south-south Nigeria and as you will expect Power supply
is epileptic over here which means we would need to use the generator to pump water sometimes.

Also note that the neighborhood within which our abode is situated is relatively a low income area and thus many of the houses
do not have bore-hole to get water from so they depend largely on a single tap in our gated compound to get water.

Trouble started when I returned from work a couple of days ago to be informed by my dear wife that she had paid someone to
manufacture some sort of lock to help padlock the single tap serving about 6 or thereabout homes outside our compound who do not have access to borehole water in their various compounds.

The reason(s) for her action according to her was to ensure we have uninterrupted supply of water upstairs.

I have since unlocked the tap for my neighbors to fetch water but my wife after realizing that I am not with her on the decision
has been strongly agitating while we should lock the tap and I find it very strange!

Why should we deny our neighbors the only help we can render them?

Why can't she just love our neighbors enough to let them fetch water?

If I can work out the logistics I won't even mind providing clean water for everyone in my neighborhood.

I am feeling like; where do people get the heart to not want to show love and care to other people?

Nigerians please the change started with us a long time ago....stop the blame game and show some love!

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by Jochabed(f): 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2017
o! u just changed my mentality. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by rogers407: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
you did well.
Re: Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by ikemm: 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2017
U did well by removing the lock. likewise,I wouldn't lay too much blame on your wife as well.
people tend to misuse anything given to them for free.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by mrphysics(m): 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2017
You did well bro. Though you don't need to blame her or be angry with her. She is trying to help you conserve some money. Kindly explain to her how things are hard in the country and how you guys can be a blessing to people even in that little way.

Warm regards

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 05, 2017
Alchatraz005 so because you are suffering means all Nigerians are doing same? The problem in this country is that we have a lot of dull people who think everyone else is just as dull.

I don't know who you are or where you are from but I want you to know that your circumstance is not what everyone will experience, get lost.
Re: Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 05, 2017
magicbrain007:
We play too much blame game in this country.
We blame bad leadership, bad politicians, bad neighbors, bad village people, bad lecturers even bad pastors...
But we don't ever see our own fault.

I went to bed angry with my wife.

We live in a compound housing 8 2-bedrooms apartment somewhere in south-south Nigeria and as you will expect Power supply
is epileptic over here which means we would need to use the generator to pump water sometimes.

Also note that the neighborhood within which our abode is situated is relatively a low income area and thus many of the houses
do not have bore-hole to get water from so they depend largely on a single tap in our gated compound to get water.

Trouble started when I returned from work a couple of days ago to be informed by my dear wife that she had paid someone to
manufacture some sort of lock to help padlock the single tap serving about 6 or thereabout homes outside our compound who do not have access to borehole water in their various compounds.

The reason(s) for her action according to her was to ensure we have uninterrupted supply of water upstairs.

I have since unlocked the tap for my neighbors to fetch water but my wife after realizing that I am not with her on the decision
has been strongly agitating while we should lock the tap and I find it very strange!

Why should we deny our neighbors the only help we can render them?

Why can't she just love our neighbors enough to let them fetch water?

If I can work out the logistics I won't even mind providing clean water for everyone in my neighborhood.

I am feeling like; where do people get the heart to not want to show love and care to other people?

Nigerians please the change started with us a long time ago....stop the blame game and show some love!

People like
Alchatraz005 are the bad eggs in this country. So unpatriotic and selfish beings, the sharks in the ocean leading to Spain are waiting to feed on these lot
Re: Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by Nuzo1(m): 1:31pm On Dec 06, 2017
Keep up the good deeds.

And continue discussing politely with your wife on the importance of charity and selflessness. Some people don't have the experience that you had growing up. Some were brought up to be very covetous and unempathic. A winner takes all mentality.

She may be morally wrong, but she's legally right. And so therefore, be her friend and teach her more. She will learn and later come to respect you for that.
Re: Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
You're awesome for being compassionate. I'm happy you unlocked the tap so others can also have access to water. Your wife was cruel for what she did. She should understand that karma exists. It might not be in this same scenario but she'll still experience what she does to pple, so she should be careful.

You, op, please keep up your good deeds.
Re: Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by SupremeBeast: 2:42pm On Dec 06, 2017
op, don't mind your greedy, selfish wife. just keep doing the good work but report your wife to your church pastor. she needs serious counselling.
Re: Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by Fadamant: 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2017
Pidgin2:
Alchatraz005 so because you are suffering means all Nigerians are doing same? The problem in this country is that we have a lot of dull people who think everyone else is just as dull.

I don't know who you are or where you are from but I want you to know that your circumstance is not what everyone will experience, get lost.

Hey, Girl!

Please, cut that guy some slacks. You were too harsh with him. What people say is a product of their reasoning. So excuse them, and don't respond in kind.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by Richy4(m): 5:05am On Dec 07, 2017
..... smiley
Re: Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by Richy4(m): 5:05am On Dec 07, 2017
cool
Re: Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by magicbrain007: 9:50am On Dec 07, 2017
Thank you all of you, I came here to share and get some sort of feedback.

I have since won my wife over and we are both happy to contribute in any little way to better our neighbors lives.

What people need most times is empathy and understanding and I pray for strength of character for us to continue to provide that and even more!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Some People Like This?? by Nigeriadondie: 12:41am On Dec 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

People like
Alchatraz005 are the bad eggs in this country. So unpatriotic and selfish beings, the sharks in the ocean leading to Spain are waiting to feed on these lot
Just as it ate ur father

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Families With Multi-purpose Intentional Living. / Nairalanders What Is The Most Supernatural Or Diabolical Thing You Have Ever See / Why do we Blame Women Alone For Marriage failure ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.