Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months (7227 Views)

Ten Months After Inauguration, Osun Governor Appoints Commissioners / The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally / FIRS Breaks All-time Record, Generates N5.3trn In One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by Blue3k2: 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2017
Nasarawa State Government said it generated about N5.5 billion as Internally Generated Revenue, IGR, between January and October 2017.

Ayuba Ayenajeh, the Commissioner for Finance and Economic Planning, said this on Tuesday while giving the breakdown of the 2018 budget to journalists in Lafia.

Mr. Ayenajeh said the review of the 2017 budget indicated that, of the over N91.48 billion total expected revenue receipts from all sources, N52.04 billion, representing 56.8 per cent was realised as at October.

He said the state had an opening balance of N6.4 billion; got N20.7 billion as statutory revenue allocation; N7.1billion value added tax; N8.6 billion budget support and N2.09 billion exchange gain.

Other sources include: excess crude savings N733 million; aids and grants N533 million and special allocation N390 million.

According to him, N24.7 billion was spent on recurrent items as against the N40.2 billion budgeted for recurrent expenditure for the 2017 fiscal year.

He said N44.07 billion was budgeted for capital spending in the 2017 fiscal year but N20.6 billion was spent on capital projects.

“This indicates a recurrent spending of about 27 per cent and 22.5 per cent capital expenditure of government total spending for the 2017 fiscal year,’’ he said.

On the 2018 budget proposal, christened “Budget of Sustainable development,’’ Mr. Ayenajeh said it was focused on completion of all on-going projects.’’

He said it was meant to “create enabling environment for investment; encouraging and supporting agricultural production as a way of boosting production.”

The commissioner explained that N122.8 billion budget of the state for the 2018 fiscal year had a component of N71.06 billion capital expenditure, N45.2 billion recurrent expenditure and N6.6 billion consolidated revenue fund.

“The 2018 is geared toward sustaining the solid socio-economic foundation laid by this administration since 2011.

“Government is determined to ensure that all on-going projects were fully completed and fully paid for in the 2018 fiscal year.

“However, new projects and programmes with direct bearing on the lives of the people will be started and completed.’’

(NAN)

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/251483-nasarawa-generates-n5-5-billion-igr-ten-months.html

Front Page: lalasticlala
Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by python1: 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2017
Good one there. But that is far less than the annual expenditure/budget na. Anyway, dem try sha.
Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by zakim(m): 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2017
good
Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by Blue3k2: 6:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
undecided that's terrible. Their tax base pays hardly anything in terms of IGR. I'm going to assume the base is 100k. That's only 5500 naira per month. What's is the state suppose to do with those peanuts?

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by Homeboiy: 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2017
Money they generated from those ashawoos at state hotel lafia grin

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by TheHistorian(m): 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2017
ANAMBRA;;OVER TO YOU.

Be it an inflated figure,atleast declare your total IGR. grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by talk2ekpa(m): 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2017
This is a good effort as far as Am concern.

Massive Ongoing Recruitment at the University of Africa, Toru-Orua (UAT) for both Academic and Non-academic staffs.

So Many Positions: https://www.careerportal.ng/companies/university-of-africa/
Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by kay29000(m): 8:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
Interesting
Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by OneKinGuy(m): 8:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
OMO, Na blood Money cool
Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2017
grin

∆ That's 550million monthly.

Nassarawa? Nassarawa?? Na wa o ∆
Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by Olasco93: 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2017
That is too low for a State like Nasarawa that has the highest number of Solid Mineral resources in the country. They should do more and maximize their potentials.
What if they are to live/survive from their own personal revenue and no assistant from Federal Government?

4 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by Daniel058(m): 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2017
Somebody hellllpppp!

Which one is greater

-1.5 or - 2.5
Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by bigpicture001: 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2017
some states are unduly in a race against themselves for who post the higher returns of IGR per year..its a shame that their revenue drive does not consider the impact of poverty growth caused by it within their state...shameless economics of paper works!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by chixophyta01(m): 8:32pm On Dec 05, 2017
impressive
Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by BruncleZuma: 8:33pm On Dec 05, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
Whrs the sense in raising 5.5bn but spending close to 60bn ?

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by Drbarmes(m): 8:36pm On Dec 05, 2017
from keffi to nyanya...
Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by Ahmed0336(m): 8:36pm On Dec 05, 2017
Despite the low IGR to be honest the governor is trying. Lafia dat used to be a glorified local govt has seen transformations of recent. I was impressed with what i saw on ground the last time i visited there.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by xynerise: 8:37pm On Dec 05, 2017
I doubt the authentication of this figure

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by ofuonyebi: 8:39pm On Dec 05, 2017
this is to say that if all govs stop running like blind men to Abuja for allocation

by thinking of IGR and other areas of financial growth...then, 9ja will regain it s lost

glory and they will not owe their workers a dime!
Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by AishaBuhari: 8:40pm On Dec 05, 2017
With so much generated revenue from each states, yet the hunger story is overwhelming!

It's only in Nigeria We Save to Starve. The government bleeds its citizens for their gains.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
What most people don't know is over 65% of Nasarawa businesses and land are controlled by Jew Igbo developers. When I served there, I was shocked at the amount of Igbos there; they speak Hausa like typical northerners. Afonjas think Jew developers are only in Lagos. We have not even added Abuja where they control over 70% of landed properties, and over 60% of businesses.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by Hector09(m): 8:45pm On Dec 05, 2017
Very poor 5.5 billion naira in 10 months, dnt tell me that obi, akpor LGA here in rivers stated generate more revenue that nasarawa

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hector09:
Very poor 5.5 billion naira in 10 months, dnt tell me that obi, akpor LGA here in rivers stated generate more revenue that nasarawa

Typical Afonja, including Igbo towns in the comparison to cause discord between Igbos and Nasarawa people...wicked evil things. Better than your useless skull mining IGR
Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by BEENUEL(m): 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2017
OGUN state generates this same amount in 3months

Not to mention the state beside it....some guys will tire me....

Awon didirin

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by Antipob777(f): 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2017
While the Northern states are making progress, the states in the south east are busy shouting marginalization even when they contribute nothing to the FG IGR.

Stop allocation from the FG and see SE turn to a forest.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by ODVanguard: 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2017
liberalsinnerx:
What most people don't know is over 65% of Nasarawa businesses and land are controlled by Jew Igbo developers. When I served there, I was shocked at the amount of Igbos there; they speak Hausa like typical northerners. Afonjas think Jew developers are only in Lagos. We have not even added Abuja where they control over 70% of landed properties, and over 60% of businesses.

Damn! You folks can never change. See as e dey pull out percentages out of his anus. Since we all know you made all that up, why not just make it a 100%? You feel me? Smh.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by HajimeSaito(m): 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
Only?
Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by Hector09(m): 9:06pm On Dec 05, 2017
liberalsinnerx:

Typical Afonja, including Igbo towns in the comparison to cause discord between Igbos and Nasarawa people...wicked evil things. Better than your useless skull mining IGR
i dnt get u bro, am frm rivers state nd d last time i check rivers state is nt igbo

6 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by Blue3k2: 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2017
liberalsinnerx:
What most people don't know is over 65% of Nasarawa businesses and land are controlled by Jew Igbo developers. When I served there, I was shocked at the amount of Igbos there; they speak Hausa like typical northerners.

Can you explain why these developers pay next to nothing in taxes. The revenue collected is absymal. Lol this is empty chest beating like the state is very developed. undecided 65% of land is owned by Jewish Igbo developers?

10 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Generates N5.5 Billion IGR In Ten Months by adecz: 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2017
And they'll be making budget
of over 100bn naira.

Going cap in hand to Abuja
for handouts, bailouts & Paris Club.

Our new crop of leaders are just
one big joke. Taking Nigerians for
a long ride.

I cry for this country..cry cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are The Supporters of This Man Not Ashamed Of Him? What is this? / FG Backs Oshiomhole Over Execution Of 4 Condemned Criminals / Reps Minority Crisis: Edwin Clark Urges PDP To Sheath Sword

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.