Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,752 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? (2137 Views)

Thou Shall Not Kill But God Sent His Son To Be Killed? / Mbaka To Buhari Government: Apologise God Says You Are Wicked Maggots, Hooligans / Pastor Emiaso Oke Emir Curses Lady: "You Shall Die Without A Husband" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by milkymesh: 12:31pm On Dec 06, 2017
In recent times, I am having a second thought on things I read and believed in the bible.

I have never read a place in the bible where the devil killed someone without Gods permission.
1. He killed Jobs ten sons with God's permission.
Why did some innocent young guys just die because two powerful being placed a bet. Why place bet with peoples life?

2. God killed first born of Egypt, even animals where not spared. Even first born infants, babies, and children where murdered. Why visit adult sins on innocent children. Imagine sentencing a man child to dead because his father is an armed robber. is that just.

3. Book haram who kill people because they don't believe in their brand of Islam is branded as terrorist. Now God told the Israelite to killed the Canaanites because they belong to another religion. A whole tribe was murdered in many cases. What do we call that in modern times. Imagine if all Igbo's are murdered because they are not Muslim. What do we call that in modern times.

4. Elijah(or is it Elisha?) ordered a bear to kill some little boys because they where making jest of him. Why not simply correct them. Is killing them a just punishment for making jest of someone? As a little school boy, I made caricature of some disabled people then and I am sure most of us did or still do that. Should the state make such a capital offence, will you support it?

I can go on and on. I am beginning to doubt many stories in the bible.
What are your views?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by greatcheer(f): 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2017
Hmm. Following
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by chrisbaxtian(m): 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
milkymesh:
In recent times, I am having a second thought on things I read and believed in the bible.

I have never read a place in the bible where the devil killed someone without Gods permission.
Why did some innocent young guys just die because two powerful being placed a bet. Why place bet with peoples life?

2. God killed first born of Egypt, even animals where not spared. Even first born infants, babies, and children where murdered. Why visit adult sins on innocent children. Imagine sentencing a man child to dead because his father is an armed robber. is that just.

3. Book haram who kill people because they don't believe in their brand of Islam is branded as terrorist. Now God told the Israelite to killed the Canaanites because they belong to another religion. A whole tribe was murdered in many cases. What do we call that in modern times. Imagine if all Igbo's are murdered because they are not Muslim. What do we call that in modern times.

4. Elijah(or is it Elisha?) ordered a bear to kill some little boys because they where making jest of him. Why not simply correct them. Is killing them a just punishment for making jest of someone? As a little school boy, I made caricature of some disabled people then and I am sure most of us did or still do that. Should the state make such a capital offence, will you support it?

What are your views?

when God kills, it is not murder!!! the law was made for Humans to follow and not for God follow. he is above the mundane principles that guide men

5 Likes

Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by Jochabed(f): 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2017
That was before the coming of Jesus,God's mercy is everywhere now. You don't know Jesus pleads on our behalf.
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by Jochabed(f): 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2017
chrisbaxtian:

when God kills, it is not murder!!! the law was made for Humans to follow and not for God follow. he is above the mundane principles that guide men
I see sense in you!! great.
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by milkymesh: 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2017
I thought Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.
But remember that he will allow the devil to torment the billion people in China in hell because they are not Christian. If he want all of us to know him, why appear only to the Jews in one small part of planet earth.

Jochabed:
That was before the coming of Jesus,God's mercy is everywhere now. You don't know Jesus pleads on our behalf.

2 Likes

Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by Jochabed(f): 12:57pm On Dec 06, 2017
milkymesh:
But remember that he will allow the devil to torment the billion people in China in hell because they are not Christian. If he want all of us to know him, why appear only to the Jews in one small part of planet earth.

lol...when we say he is the same yesterday, today and forever, we mean what he did here on earth,not what he did in heaven. Mind you he was born in Bethlehem and he traveled to other places..the thing is we can't question God as to why he started and finished his ministry there with the Jews. Cause that was God's own will.
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by AnodaIT(m): 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2017
I don't understand why you people try too hard to prove the truth wrong

A supernatural God created a natural man and gave him natural laws to follow and prosper in the natural world they were created in and the carnal man is somewhere ranting "hey God, come down from your supernatural state and obey these natural laws like the rest of us"

1 Like

Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by ifenes(m): 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2017
milkymesh:

What are your views?

It’s because a matrix of this reality was built by those who composed put the books of the bible together. Originally the term God was from a Mental-physical point of view. God is the internal part of you( the real you). But in order to create a matrix, a false world, the bible was created and severely edited.

Books were put together to suit an agenda. The beings 0ften referred to as “god” in the bible are parallel humanoids or you may call them extraterrestrials who were described in details like Enoch. But because the book of Enoch was to controversial and world easily destroy the matrix of Religion and control, it was never included in the books of the bible..... and yet the bible said “ Enoch walked with God and was not - but why wasn’t his book not available for religionists to read ?

Elijah being taken up by a chariot of fire should raise lots of questions. A horse with fire or a space craft ?

To put further light to your question- God of the bible especially in Genesis were extraterrestrials. They came from parallel earths/ universes to mine gold and human DNA. They killed, yes they killed a lot of times when the humans go against them. What landed on mount Sinai with and spoke to Moses? What was the pillar of fire the bible spoke about ? It’s easy to see that Bible is bring misinterpreted by pastors and daddyGOs.

So I’m going to say this. Gods of the bible killed for reasons that concerned them and humans do too. Laws are for the common man to be controlled by.

3 Likes

Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 06, 2017
chrisbaxtian:

So would you take that as a reasonable response from a muslim? If a Muslim claims that God commanded him to kill, is it okay for you? After all God can't be questioned, and he is above mundane principles.

4 Likes

Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by bahaushe1: 1:53pm On Dec 06, 2017
milkymesh:

I am a Muslim.

I believe that God sent Jesus (pbuh) with Gospel to children of Israel but the Bible as it is today is not what God revealed to Jesus (pbuh).

I do not know the authenticity of some of the stories in the bible. My comment is therefore general.

God never punish people unjustly. An evidence must be established against a people before they are killed. Those who were ordered to be killed are people to whom God sent messengers. They rejected the messengers, persecuted those who followed them, and prevented others from listening to the messengers. The classical examples are those of the people of i Jesus (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh).

They were sent to groups of disbelieving people but were rejected by same. The few that followed them were persecuted and others were prevented from attending their preaching. They attempted to kill the messengers; for Jesus (pbuh) they falsely accused him of blasphemy and that of Muhammad (pbuh) out of hatred. One had to migrate from his hometown at night to another town while the other had to be taken to heaven by God.

They are the worst set of people who deserve nothing but death.

As for regions of the world were message of God did not reached they are excused. God will not hold them responsible for their disbelieve. Their case will be decided by God on the day of resurrection. They will be given test there, whoever pass goes to heaven and whoever fail goes to hell.
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by bahaushe1: 1:55pm On Dec 06, 2017
Jochabed:
lol...when we say he is the same yesterday, today and forever, we mean what he did here on earth,not what he did in heaven. Mind you he was born in Bethlehem and he traveled to other places..the thing is we can't question God as to why he started and finished his ministry there with the Jews. Cause that was God's own will.

He was a Prophet of God to Children of Israel. Every other region had their Prophets.
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by spongeisback: 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
According to one of our resident christard we can say the Jewish god is a "do as I say but don't do as I do god"
1) thou shall not kill but hey I can kill because am god and my rules don't apply to me
2) thou shall not commit adultery hold my condom while my "spirit" cum on Mary so she can give birth to me?!
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by joshnes(m): 3:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
The reason is simple: If you know the bible, you'll remember Cain killed too, but why didn't God kill him? sin was not prevalent then so mercy was also prevalent. God detests sin and when sin became prevalent, man saw another dimension of God (Genesis 6:3-7)"...the God that killeth..." This was the turning point, understand that God is omnipotent, He can do all things good or bad. So, the wickedness of man brought about the judgement of God. God too did not like showing that side of Himself so He chose the Isrealites and showed them how to pacify His wrath; by sacrifice. But the sacrifice pacified Him only for a year, He needed a sacrifice that will pacify Him forever, so He came down as Jesus, died, was buried and resurrected as the one, true pure immortal sacrifice for sin. So now despite all the wickedness God will rather have mercy for the sake of the sacrifice of Jesus. God killed then because of wickedness and because there was no perfect sacrifice to appease Him. GOD'S NATURE IS MERCY. GLAD U ASKED.
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by petra1(m): 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2017
milkymesh:

What are your views?

There’s difference between murder and justice

Nigeria law says not to kill but still execute criminals

1 Like

Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by fellowman: 4:42pm On Dec 06, 2017
ifenes:

It’s because a matrix of this reality was built by those who composed put the books of the bible together. Originally the term God was from a Mental-physical point of view. God is the internal part of you( the real you). But in order to create a matrix, a false world, the bible was created and severely edited.

Books were put together to suit an agenda. The beings 0ften referred to as “god” in the bible are parallel humanoids or you may call them extraterrestrials who were described in details like Enoch. But because the book of Enoch was to controversial and world easily destroy the matrix of Religion and control, it was never included in the books of the bible..... and yet the bible said “ Enoch walked with God and was not - but why wasn’t his book not available for religionists to read ?

Elijah being taken up by a chariot of fire should raise lots of questions. A horse with fire or a space craft ?

To put further light to your question- God of the bible especially in Genesis were extraterrestrials. They came from parallel earths/ universes to mine gold and human DNA. They killed, yes they killed a lot of times when the humans go against them. What landed on mount Sinai with and spoke to Moses? What was the pillar of fire the bible spoke about ? It’s easy to see that Bible is bring misinterpreted by pastors and daddyGOs.

So I’m going to say this. Gods of the bible killed for reasons that concerned them and humans do too. Laws are for the common man to be controlled by.

where did you get this your analysis from?
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by 0temSapien: 5:30pm On Dec 06, 2017
Yahweh sets rules and breaks his rules. He is above his rules. However, God Almighty who created him has never make any rule because we humans were created with brains such that when we use our brains deeply, we will come about good rules to govern us.

1 Like

Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by chemystery: 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
Jochabed:
And Ananias and Sapphira nko? That was also before the coming of Jesus abi?

1 Like

Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by 0temSapien: 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2017
Jochabed:
I tot Yahweh killed Herod after the coming of Jesus, according to the storybook called bible undecided
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by chemystery: 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2017
petra1:

There’s difference between murder and justice

Nigeria law says not to kill but still execute criminals
And when you execute criminals, you also execute both their wives, mothers, innocent babies, both born and unborn like instructed in Hosea13:16? That's the perfect justice to you abi?

1 Like

Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by ifenes(m): 6:36pm On Dec 06, 2017
fellowman:

where did you get this your analysis from?

The bible. Do you want us to both analyse the bible pages ? I have a bit of time to do that tonight.

Question: what is your opinion on the guy called Enoch ?

2 Likes

Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by petra1(m): 6:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
chemystery:
And when you execute criminals, you also execute both their wives, mothers, innocent babies, both born and unborn like instructed in Hosea13:16? That's the perfect justice to you abi?

Those nations were into idolatory and satanism . Some have their faces poluted with mixbreed of anakims . Fallen angels . . In those days there was no knowledge of casting out devils Or exorcism They had to be destroyed
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by fellowman: 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2017
ifenes:

The bible. Do you want us to both analyse the bible pages ? I have a bit of time to do that tonight.

Question: what is your opinion on the guy called Enoch ?

this is your exact words:

The beings 0ften referred to as “god” in the bible are parallel humanoids or you may call them extraterrestrials who were described in details like Enoch. But because the book of Enoch was to controversial and world easily destroy the matrix of Religion and control, it was never included in the books of the bible..... and yet the bible said “ Enoch walked with God and was not - but why wasn’t his book not available for religionists to read ?

so I'm asking you where you got these analysis from, did you just wake up to it or you read it in a book and then you believed it NB. if you read it in a book, is that book as old as the Bible and is it in anyway capable of judging it?
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by chemystery: 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2017
petra1:

Those nations were into idolatory and satanism . Some have their faces poluted with mixbreed of anakims . Fallen angels . . In those days there was no knowledge of casting out devils Or exorcism They had to be destroyed
Including their babies and unborn babies?
If this is justice to you, why do you see it wrong when Muslims kill those who doesn't believe in Allah and his prophet Mohammed?
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by obinna58(m): 6:59pm On Dec 06, 2017
Religionists are set of confused people, you will notice that if you talk with 5different religionists, none of them will completely agree with each other , there are lots of contradictions which makes it for them to understand it in whatever way they choose to and believe in it,
Bible authors are criminals who conspired with top leaders to conquer people's mentality forcefully claiming it's from God, and due to the fact that they can't think beyond human they poorly wrote the bible, made God exhibit human like characters and does things he condem
God doesn't want you to be jealous but he is a jealous one and proud of it,
He want you to love your enemies and send his to eternal fire,
Says you should not kill, find pleasure in killing
Says you should not fear, want you to fear him
He is unchangeable yet he has regrets,
He want you to forgive your enemies, already created eternal torture for those he would not forgive
Condems gambling but not applicable to himself

This is the best they could produce from an omnipotent omniscient omnipresent omnibenevolence being

Religion has nothing to offer humanity

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by ifenes(m): 7:01pm On Dec 06, 2017
fellowman:

this is your exact words:

The beings 0ften referred to as “god” in the bible are parallel humanoids or you may call them extraterrestrials who were described in details like Enoch. But because the book of Enoch was to controversial and world easily destroy the matrix of Religion and control, it was never included in the books of the bible..... and yet the bible said “ Enoch walked with God and was not - but why wasn’t his book not available for religionists to read ?

so I'm asking you where you got these analysis from, did you just wake up to it or you read it in a book and then you believed it NB. if you read it in a book, is that book as old as the Bible and is it in anyway capable of judging it?

Did I just wake up.......? Do you ask your pastors that when they ask you to sow seeds ?
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2017
Have you not heard that the wages/salary of sin is death?
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by kflex0: 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
murderer ...simple . ...darkness is light turned inside out.
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by mujahid777(m): 7:30pm On Dec 06, 2017
warning:graphic content

EX 17:13 With the Lord's approval, Joshua mows
down Amalek and his people.
EX 21:20-21 With the Lord's approval, a slave
may be beaten to death with no punishment for
the perpetrator as long as the slave doesn't die
too quickly.
EX 32:27 "Put every man his sword by his side,
and go in and out from gate to gate throughout
the camp, and slay every man his brother, and
every man his companion, and every man his
neighbor.
EX 32:27-29 With the Lord's approval, the
Israelites slay 3000 men.
LE 26:7-8 The Lord promises the Israelites that, if
they are obedient, their enemies will "fall before
your sword."
LE 26:22 "I will also send wild beasts among you,
which shall rob you of your children."
LE 26:29 , DT 28:53 , JE 19:9 , EZ 5:8-10 As a
punishment, the Lord will cause people to eat the
flesh of their own sons and daughters and fathers
and friends.
LE 27:29 Human sacrifice is condoned. (Note: An
example is given in JG 11:30-39 )
NU 11:33 The Lord smites the people with a great
plague.
NU 12:1-10 God makes Miriam a leper for seven
days because she and Aaron had spoken against
Moses.
NU 15:32-36 A Sabbath breaker (who had
gathered sticks for a fire) is stoned to death at
the Lord's command.
NU 16:27-33 The Lord causes the earth to open
and swallow up the men and their households
(including wives and children) because the men
had been rebellious.
NU 16:35 A fire from the Lord consumes 250
men.
NU 16:49 A plague from the Lord kills 14,700
people.
NU 21:3 The Israelites utterly destroy the
Canaanites.
NU 21:6 Fiery serpents, sent by the Lord, kill
many Israelites.
NU 21:35 With the Lord's approval, the Israelites
slay Og "... and his sons and all his people, until
there was not one survivor left ...."
NU 25:4 (KJV) "And the Lord said unto Moses,
take all the heads of the people, and hang them
up before the Lord against the sun ...."
NU 25:8 "He went after the man of Israel into the
tent, and thrust both of them through, the man of
Israel, and the woman through her belly."
NU 25:9 24,000 people die in a plague from the
Lord.
NU 31:9 The Israelites capture Midianite women
and children.
NU 31:17-18 Moses, following the Lord's
command, orders the Israelites to kill all the
Midianite male children and "... every woman who
has known man ...." (Note: How would it be
determined which women had known men? One
can only speculate.)
NU 31:31-40 32,000 virgins are taken by the
Israelites as booty. Thirty-two are set aside (to
be sacrificed?) as a tribute for the Lord.
DT 2:33-34 The Israelites utterly destroy the men,
women, and children of Sihon.
DT 3:6 The Israelites utterly destroy the men,
women, and children of Og.
DT 7:2 The Lord commands the Israelites to
"utterly destroy" and show "no mercy" to those
whom he gives them for defeat.
DT 20:13-14 "When the Lord delivers it into your
hand, put to the sword all the males .... As for
the women, the children, the livestock and
everything else in the city, you may take these as
plunder for yourselves."
DT 20:16 "In the cities of the nations the Lord is
giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive
anything that breathes."
DT 21:10-13 With the Lord's approval, the
Israelites are allowed to take "beautiful women"
from the enemy camp to be their captive wives.
If, after sexual relations, the husband has "no
delight" in his wife, he can simply let her go.
DT 28:53 "You will eat the fruit of the womb, the
flesh of the sons and daughters the Lord your
God has given you."
JS 1:1-9 , 18 Joshua receives the Lord's blessing
for all the bloody endeavors to follow.
JS 6:21-27 With the Lord's approval, Joshua
destroys the city of Jericho--men, women, and
children--with the edge of the sword.
JS 7:19-26 Achan, his children and his cattle are
stoned to death because Achan had taken a
taboo thing.
JS 8:22-25 With the Lord's approval, Joshua
utterly smites the people of Ai, killing 12,000 men
and women, so that there were none who
escaped.
JS 10:10-27 With the help of the Lord, Joshua
utterly destroys the Gibeonites.
JS 10:28 With the Lord's approval, Joshua utterly
destroys the people of Makkedah.
JS 10:30 With the Lord's approval, Joshua utterly
destroys the Libnahites.
JS 10:32-33 With the Lord's approval, Joshua
utterly destroys the people of Lachish.
JS 10:34-35 With the Lord's approval, Joshua
utterly destroys the Eglonites.
JS 10:36-37 With the Lord's approval, Joshua
utterly destroys the Hebronites.
JS 10:38-39 With the Lord's approval, Joshua
utterly destroys the Debirites.
JS 10:40 (A summary statement.) "So Joshua
defeated the whole land ...; he left none
remaining, but destroyed all that breathed, as the
Lord God of Israel commanded."
JS 11:6 The Lord orders horses to be hamstrung.
(Exceedingly cruel.)
JS 11:8-15 "And the lord gave them into the hand
of Israel, ...utterly destroying them; there was
none left that breathed ...."
JS 11:20 "For it was the Lord's doing to harden
their hearts that they should come against Israel
in battle, in order that they should be utterly
destroyed, and should receive no mercy but be
exterminated, as the Lord commanded Moses."
JS 11:21-23 Joshua utterly destroys the Anakim.
JG 1:4 With the Lord's support, Judah defeats
10,000 Canaanites at Bezek.
JG 1:6 With the Lord's approval, Judah pursues
Adoni-bezek, catches him, and cuts off his
thumbs and big toes.
JG 1:8 With the Lord's approval, Judah smites
Jerusalem.
JG 1:17 With the Lord's approval, Judah and
Simeon utterly destroy the Canaanites who
inhabited Zephath.
JG 3:29 The Israelites kill about 10,000 Moabites.
JG 3:31 (A restatement.) Shamgar killed 600
Philistines with an oxgoad.
JG 4:21 Jael takes a tent stake and hammers it
through the head of Sisera, fastening it to the
ground.
JG 7:19-25 The Gideons defeat the Midianites,
slay their princes, cut off their heads, and bring
the heads back to Gideon.
JG 8:15-21 The Gideons slaughter the men of
Penuel.
JG 9:5 Abimalech murders his brothers.
JG 9:45 Abimalech and his men kill all the people
in the city.
JG 9:53-54 "A woman dropped a stone on his
head and cracked his skull. Hurriedly he called to
his armor-bearer, 'Draw your sword and kill me,
so that they can't say a woman killed me.' So his
servant ran him through, and he died."
JG 11:29-39 Jepthah sacrifices his beloved
daughter, his only child, according to a vow he
has made with the Lord.
JG 14:19 The Spirit of the Lord comes upon a
man and causes him to slay thirty men.
JG 15:15 Samson slays 1000 men with the
jawbone of an ass.
JG 16:21 The Philistines gouge out Samson's
eyes.
JG 16:27-30 Samson, with the help of the Lord,
pulls down the pillars of the Philistine house and
causes his own death and that of 3000 other men
and women.
JG 18:27 The Danites slay the quiet and
unsuspecting people of Laish.
JG 19:22-29 A group of sexual depraved men
beat on the door of an old man's house
demanding that he turn over to them a male
house guest. Instead, the old man offers his
virgin daughter and his guest's concubine (or
wife): "Behold, here are my virgin daughter and
his concubine; let me bring them out now. Ravish
them and do with them what seems good to you;
but against this man do not do so vile a thing."
The man's concubine is ravished and dies. The
man then cuts her body into twelve pieces and
sends one piece to each of the twelve tribes of
Israel.
JG 20:43-48 The Israelites smite 25,000+ "men of
valor" from amongst the Benjamites, "men and
beasts and all that they found," and set their
towns on fire.
JG 21:10-12 "... Go and smite the inhabitants of
Jabesh-gilead with the edge of the sword and;
also the women and little ones.... every male and
every woman that has lain with a male you shall
utterly destroy." They do so and find four hundred
young virgins whom they bring back for their own
use.
1SA 4:10 The Philistines slay 30,000 Israelite foot
soldiers.
1SA 5:6-9 The Lord afflicts the Philistines with
tumors in their "secret parts," presumably for
having stolen the Ark.
1SA 6:19 God kills seventy men (or so) for
looking into the Ark (at him?). (Note: The early
Israelites apparently thought the Ark to be God's
abode.)
1SA 7:7-11 Samuel and his men smite the
Philistines.
1SA 11:11 With the Lord's blessing, Saul and his
men cut down the Ammonites.
1SA 14:31 Jonathan and his men strike down the
Philistines.
1SA 14:48 Saul smites the Amalekites.
1SA 15:3 , 7-8 "This is what the Lord says: Now
go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that
they have; do not spare them, but kill both man
and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep,
camel and ass ....' And Saul ... utterly destroyed
all the people with the edge of the sword."
1SA 15:33 "Samuel hewed Agag in pieces before
the Lord ...."
1SA 18:7 The women sing as they make merry:
"Saul has slain his thousands and David his ten
thousands."
1SA 27:8-11 "David left neither man nor woman
alive ....". (Note: This implies that children and
infants were included in the slaughter.)
1SA 30:17 David smites the Amalekites.
2SA 2:23 Abner kills Asahel.
2SA 3:30 Joab and Abishai kill Abner.
2SA 4:7-8 Rechan and Baanah kill Ish-bosheth,
behead him, and take his head to David.
2SA 4:12 David has Rechan and Baanah killed,
their hands and feet cut off, and their bodies
hanged by the pool at Hebron.
2SA 5:25 "And David did as the Lord commanded
him, and smote the Philistines ...."
2SA 6:2-23 Because she rebuked him for having
exposed himself, Michal (David's wife) was barren
throughout her life.
2SA 8:1-18 (A listing of some of David's
murderous conquests.)
2SA 8:4 David hamstrung all but a few of the
horses.
2SA 8:5 David slew 22,000 Syrians.
2SA 8:6 , 14 "The Lord gave victory to David
wherever he went."
2SA 8:13 David slew 18,000 Edomites in the
valley of salt and made the rest slaves.
2SA 10:18 David slew 47,000+ Syrians.
2SA 11:14-27 David has Uriah killed so that he
can marry Uriah's wife, Bathsheba.
2SA 12:1 , 19 The Lord strikes David's child dead
for the sin that David has committed.
2SA 13:1-15 Amnon loves his sister Tamar, rapes
her, then hates her.
2SA 13:28-29 Absalom has Amnon murdered.
2SA 18:6 -7 20,000 men are slaughtered at the
battle in the forest of Ephraim.
2SA 18:15 Joab's men murder Absalom.
2SA 20:10-12 Joab's men murder Amasa and
leave him "... wallowing in his own blood in the
highway. And anyone who came by, seeing him,
stopped."
2SA 24:15 The Lord sends a pestilence on Israel
that kills 70,000 men.
1KI 2:24-25 Solomon has Adonijah murdered.
1KI 2:29-34 Solomon has Joab murdered.
1KI 2:46 Solomon has Shime-i murdered.
1KI 13:15-24 A man is killed by a lion for eating
bread and drinking water in a place where the
Lord had previously told him not to. This is in
spite of the fact that the man had subsequently
been lied to by a prophet who told the man that
an angel of the Lord said that it would be alright
to eat and drink there.
1KI 20:29-30 The Israelites smite 100,000 Syrian
soldiers in one day. A wall falls on 27,000
remaining Syrians.
2KI 1:10-12 Fire from heaven comes down and
consumes fifty men.
2KI 2:23-24 Forty-two children are mauled and
killed, presumably according to the will of God,
for having jeered at a man of God.
2KI 5:27 Elisha curses Gehazi and his
descendants forever with leprosy.
2KI 6:18-19 The Lord answers Elisha's prayer and
strikes the Syrians with blindness. Elisha tricks
the blind Syrians and leads them to Samaria.
2KI 6:29 "So we cooked my son and ate him. The
next day I said to her, 'Give up your son so we
may eat him,' but she had hidden him."
2KI 9:24 Jehu tricks and murders Joram.
2KI 9:27 Jehu has Ahaziah killed.
2KI 9:30-37 Jehu has Jezebel killed. Her body is
trampled by horses. Dogs eat her flesh so that
only her skull, feet, and the palms of her hands
remain.
2KI 10:7 Jehu has Ahab's seventy sons beheaded,
then sends the heads to their father.
2KI 10:14 Jehu has forty-two of Ahab's kin killed.
2KI 10:17 "And when he came to Samaria, he
slew all that remained to Ahab in Samaria, till he
had wiped them out, according to the word of the
Lord ...."
2KI 10:19-27 Jehu uses trickery to massacre the
Baal worshippers.
2KI 11:1 Athaliah destroys all the royal family.
2KI 14:5 , 7 Amaziah kills his servants and then
10,000 Edomites.
2KI 15:3-5 Even though he did what was right in
the eyes of the Lord, the Lord smites Azariah with
leprosy for not having removed the "high places."
2KI 15:16 Menahem ripped open all the women
who were pregnant.
2KI 19:35 An angel of the Lord kills 185,000 men.
1CH 20:3 (KJV) "And he brought out the people
that were in it, and cut them with saws, and with
harrows of iron, and with axes."
2CH 13:17 500,000 Israelites are slaughtered.
2CH 21:4 Jehoram slays all his brothers.
PS 137:9 Happy will be the man who dashes your
little ones against the stones.
PS 144:1 God is praised as the one who trains
hands for war and fingers for battle.
IS 13:15 "Everyone who is captured will be thrust
through; all who are caught will fall by the
sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces
before their eyes; their ... wives will be ravished."
IS 13:18 "Their bows also shall dash the young
men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the
fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare
children."
IS 14:21-22 "Prepare slaughter for his children for
the iniquity of their fathers."
IS 49:26 The Lord will cause the oppressors of
the Israelite's to eat their own flesh and to
become drunk on their own blood as with wine.
JE 16:4 "They shall die grievous deaths; they
shall not be lamented; neither shall they be
buried; but they shall be as dung upon the face
of the earth: and they shall be consumed by the
sword, and by famine; and their carcasses shall
be meat for the fowls of heaven, and for the
beasts of the earth."
LA 4:9-10 "Those slain by the sword are better off
than those who die of famine; racked with
hunger, they waste away for lack of food. ...
pitiful women have cooked their own children,
who became their food ..."
EZ 6:12-13 The Lord says: "... they will fall by the
sword, famine and plague. He that is far away
will die of the plague, and he that is near will fall
by the sword, and he that survives and is spared
will die of famine. So will I spend my wrath upon
them. And they will know I am the Lord, when the
people lie slain among their idols around their
altars, on every high hill and on all the
mountaintops, under every spreading tree and
every leafy oak ...."
EZ 9:4-6 The Lord commands: "... slay old men
outright, young men and maidens, little children
and women ...."
EZ 20:26 In order that he might horrify them, the
Lord allowed the Israelites to defile themselves
through, amongst other things, the sacrifice of
their first-born children.
EZ 21:3-4 The Lord says that he will cut off both
the righteous and the wicked that his sword shall
go against all flesh.
EZ 23:25 , 47 God is going to slay the sons and
daughters of those who were whores.
EZ 23:34 "You shall ... pluck out your hair, and
tear your breasts."
HO 13:16 "They shall fall by the sword: their
infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their
women with child shall be ripped up."
MI 3:2-3 "... who pluck off their skin ..., and their
flesh from off their bones; Who also eat the flesh
of my people, and flay their skin from off them;
and they break their bones, and chop them in
pieces, as for the pot, and as flesh within the
caldron."
MT 3:12 , 8:12 , 10:21 , 13:30 , 42, 22:13 , 24:51 ,
25:30 , LK 13:28 , JN 5:24 Some will spend eternity
burning in Hell. There will be weeping, wailing and
gnashing of teeth.
MT 10:21 "... the brother shall deliver up his
brother to death, and the father his child, ...
children shall rise up against their parents, and
cause them to be put to death."
MT 10:35-36 "For I have come to turn a man
against his father, a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law a
man's enemies will be the members of his own
family."
MT 11:21-24 Jesus curses [the inhabitants of]
three cities who were not sufficiently impressed
with his great works.
AC 13:11 Paul purposefully blinds a man (though
not permanently).

....his followers continue his work,making daddy proud murdering millions in his name throughout the course of history
Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by chrisbaxtian(m): 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
LoJ:

So would you take that as a reasonable response from a muslim? If a Muslim claims that God commanded him to kill, is it okay for you? After all God can't be questioned, and he is above mundane principles.

which God are you talking about?! The God that I speak of gave the commandment - THOU SHALL NOT KILL!

besides, God commanding you to kill, and God carrying out the act killing himself are two different things my brother!

3 Likes

Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
chrisbaxtian:

which God are you talking about?! The God that I speak of gave the commandment - THOU SHALL NOT KILL!

besides, God commanding you to kill, and God carrying out the act killing himself are two different things my brother!
But the same God that said thou shall not kill, asked the people of israel to kill entire tribes, and to f+ck their virgin girls. Or when the people of israel were killing with weapons, was it God killing himself? And when they were beating the puna, was God enjoying it?

1 Like

Re: God Says, "You Shall Not Kill," But He Kills. Why Does He Contradict Himself? by fellowman: 9:23pm On Dec 06, 2017
ifenes:

Did I just wake up.......? Do you ask your pastors that when they ask you to sow seeds ?

I don't pay tithes or so seed so answer my question. it's a simple question.

You wake up one morning and then imagine things and then believe it's true then you come and spew it on social Media.

(1) (2) (Reply)

January 2018 Rccg Holy Ghost Service - Stronger Than Your Enemies (part 1) / Flogging Children: Is It Scriptural Or Cultural Or Both? / How Did Life Really Start?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.