Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (50775 Views)

Two Nigerian Pastors Use Same Woman For Same Miracle / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by biomustry: 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2017
If not for tithing, christianity would seize to exist

3 Likes

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2017
r
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by igwedaboss(m): 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2017
Lots more. The major reason why some have more leverage in this argument is that these pastors or churches don't make videos, or write reports or take pictures. People believe what they see.

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by biggy26: 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2017
Nothing wrong if u give 10% of ur resources, don't just make it a law, that's d point. And church offerings also shouldn't be watered down.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by jamace(m): 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
the discussion is not just about what they do with tithes but rather the legality of Christian tithing in the first place
Gbam!! This is the koko of the matter.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by blackbeau1(f): 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2017
Of course they would only see the private jets but will never comment on the other parts of it

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by GavelSlam: 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2017
pauljumbo:
My life Changed when I start paying tithe
Anything pastors like let them do with the tithe
My own is to obey by paying my tithe and blessed

So God na kalokalo.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by smulti(m): 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2017
pauljumbo:
My life Changed when I start paying tithe
Anything pastors like let them do with the tithe
My own is to obey by paying my tithe and blessed

Pastor I sight you

but stop deceiving the sheeple

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by streamsofjoy(f): 1:59pm On Dec 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
the discussion is not just about what they do with tithes but rather the legality of Christian tithing in the first place

What's ur business with the legality or otherwise of tithe paying? Are u God? Or has God engaged ur services as his lawyer? Pls go to court and challenge that. Becos the OP has come up with a reasonable point u don change ur line of argument to " whether tithe paying is legal " u can seek redress in court since u are aggrieved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 06, 2017
Again and again, people have a way of mischievously diverting attention from the main issue which in itself is a sin. The issue is not what the tithe is used for but whether it is accepted for Christians who had been redeemed by Christ to pay tithe.

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 06, 2017
helping humanity indeed...I laughter.. 10% to support humanity 90% to buy jets I no mention anybody oo

2 Likes

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by hermosa7: 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2017
Evablizin:
shocked

Wow nice post with good points.

Some churches and ministers are working with the money raised through tithes and offerings without making noise,God will bless them.

The truth is it's not logic in the school of heaven to broadcast giving. If you study the Bible very well, you'll notice that when you give to men you're not supposed to broadcast it (Let not your right hand know what the left does).

Many churches give quietly, which is what Bible commanded. Nobody would have known Christ and His disciples gave to the poor if it was not briefly mentioned in the Bible.

We are in the last days when people question everything. What has been acceptable for centuries is suddenly sounding wrong. It also difficult to blame those questioning tithing when you see the way some so-called men of God live lavishly. They live the kind of live Christ never lived, buying planes, living in expensive houses, buying exotic cars and clothes. All these are contrary to the spirit of christianity.

4 Likes

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by SageTravels: 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2017
DLondonboiy:
Why can't we help the poor ourselves...? Why must we give it to some pastors?

This is the kind of people Jesus called GOAT in the bible...

And you are the type he called sheep. The young man has said his own point why dont you argue with your iphone X instead of insulting him.

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Desyner: 2:04pm On Dec 06, 2017
dainformant:

I understand there is an ongoing debate on whether or not paying tithe is a Christian practice. Sincerely, those arguing against come with strong points. And sadly, responses from Daddy GO and others are so weak, far from convincing.
The GOs aren't giving weak responses, spiritual angle to any issue is always superior to any logical explanation on earth. The GOs are giving us the foundational principles of tithing and I am sure only God's instruction restricts them from revealing what they give out.

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by TeeAL(m): 2:04pm On Dec 06, 2017
let them use their jet to pick up stranded Nigerians in libya
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by CHARLOE(m): 2:05pm On Dec 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol...Mr Devils advocate, you fail to mention that all these churches have welfare units too and the welfare units are funded by members themselves and not from church tithes.
The MFM instance you gave, the borehole must have been built by tasking members to contribute specially for it. Christ Embassy have a unit they call Inner City that does these charity works; Guess who funds Inner city? Church members who are called partners. So when you see any charity work from such a church, it is not from the tithes but from extra donations from members.

For those saying that no pastor forces people to tithe, you are joking. Most churches don't wed you if your tithe record is not up to date. Have you forgoten how Adeboye was boldly declaring last year that you are not a christian if you don't pay tithe. Now that the truth is coming out, the pastors are gradually retreating their earlier stance and making it sound like a freewill donation.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by horia: 2:06pm On Dec 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
what is so legal about one being a Christian. If you want to discuss lawfulness do you even keep any biblical law; that's if you were a Christian?
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

Which one concern you? Dem force you pay tithes? Or I come your house come borrow money to pay tithes?
Soboloyoke
grin
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by cstr1000: 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2017
I think the issue is with their ostentatious lifestyle.
I honestly can't see why a man of God needs Private Jets when the Bible says store up treasures in Heaven instead of on the earth.
The same Bible where Apostle Paul who is more anointed and did more work for God than all Nigerian pastors put together was as poor and single-minded as a Monk.

Even Rehinhard Bonnke has no PJ and he would probably have a valid excuse for having one.

I respect Men of God like Kumuyi, olukoya and co that are heavenly minded enough not to take care about Private Jets or expensive public lifestyles.

The Light of the Cross is not a Lime-light for any preacher-- Rheinhard Bonnke.

6 Likes

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by smulti(m): 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2017
streamsofjoy:

What's ur business with the legality or otherwise of tithe paying? Are u God? Or has God engaged ur services as his lawyer? Pls go to court and challenge that. Becos the OP has come up with a reasonable point u don change ur line of argument to " whether tithe paying is legal " u can seek redress in court since u are aggrieved.

are now taking it personal.

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by miqos02(m): 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2017
Wow
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 06, 2017
While the pastor adviser is busy with hushpuppy in dubai

4 Likes

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Annydora(f): 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
tithing has always being a law in the bible....my take on this is we shouldnt be in a haste tomjudge the men of GOD,whether they embezzle the money or not.we have paid our duties as christians just like the bible required it of us.

have you tried our bulk sms marketing platform?
you get guaranteed delivery,delivery reports or sms refunds.{or your money back}
if your messages are not delivered.visit our site @ www.smsmarketingportal.com

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by streamsofjoy(f): 2:12pm On Dec 06, 2017
smulti:

are now taking it personal.

NO
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2017
People that do stuffs don't talk, its the people that don't. We know that already
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Phonefanatic: 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2017
From all he listed God doesn't come down to consume the money like pastors make us believe. TB joushua said you should ease the Church from so much work by doing those things directly than bring tithe for churches to do that.

It also vindicate the point that you can help the poor or bless them with your tithe if you so wish.

Now here is what people have to understand.

The pastors collects 200Million from tithes, use 50M for a showcase project then use the rest for personal affairs.
I've been with a woman from Spain who operates a Charity Organization, she has all the donations and contacts you can think of but then she lives on mere 2000pounds salary and would never ever temper with what is donated as all goes into Charity works....... She isn't even a Christian so explain who is better between our GOs and such woman.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by jrusky(m): 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2017
desreek9:
r

I thiink we have heard enough of this tithe stuffs and should be put to rest by now.

It's Christian thing and belief and it's stated in the bible and if they chose to observed it so be it in as much it does not interfere with other religion belief .

Tithe is good but the way the so called clergy men goes about is totally wrong. To my understanding tithe is personal and not what any clergy men should brutally enforced as it's seen in today's churches especially the Pentecostal churches the leader of these churches live a large life and very arrogant life style while the tithers are dying in abject poverty which brought about the Lebanese idiot fuming as usual. Naturally dady iceblock annoys me like mad because he is a big fool with basket mouth but on this case he make little sense and he must be corrected by so called clergy men to clear dady iceblock question but reverse was the case because the clergy men knew they have lost their glory to money and are just being seen as Pentecostal robbers or altar robbers.

Bible says in Malachi to pay tithe so you can be bless it did not say pastor or priest or GO can be bless but in this current development in Pentecostal churches if you pay tithe you become poorer and the *collector* is on private jet which indicate you have just paid to devil and not God because if you pay to God He must fulfil his blessing promise but if you pay it under wrong annointing surely it's devil you have paid it to. Theseclergy men knew themselves and know who they are actually serving majority of them are not with God but with
*homage takers* those involved will understand the meaning of homage takers.

God bless.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by hermosa7: 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2017
cstr1000:
I think the issue is with their ostentatious lifestyle.
I honestly can't see why a man of God needs Private Jets when the Bible says store up treasures in Heaven instead of on the earth.
The same Bible where Apostle Paul who is more anointed and did more work for God than all Nigerian pastors put together was as poor and single-minded as a Monk.

Even Rehinhard Bonnke has no PJ and he would probably have a valid excuse for having one.

I respect Men of God like Kumuyi, olukoya and co that are heavenly minded enough not to take care about Private Jets or expensive public lifestyles.

The Light of the Cross is not a Lime-light for any preacher-- Rheinhard Bonnke.

You won't believe it if I tell you Pastor Kumuyi does not have a single property in his name. The house he lives in is inside the church premises. He was almost forced before he allowed his two sons to be trained abroad. This man uses the same wrist watch for many years and lives a frugal life. This is Christianity. Unfortunately, the fake pastors - who are many and take up headlines all the time - have corrupted the minds of many people and made them hate everything Christianity. They also give atheists and the likes things to chew.

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by zealous2121(m): 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2017
Is there a way for daddy freeze and other anti tithe fools to see this?? They need to know the importance of this things...this pastors won't come to tell u they gave this out, they donated this and that to the poor..there are so many charity works this churches engage in...but if they start stating them out, it will then be seen as bragging ...and it then have no value in God eyes....is this article not enough to shut daddy freeze and others devil agent??
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by manutdrichie(m): 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2017
We are saying the same thing can I use the money directly to better peoples life?

Rather than pass thru church by way of tithe

Because it seems they spend jst 10% of the tithe collected from people on those projects you mentioned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Conditions For Marriage In Mountain Of Fire Ministries (pics) / Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour / Lady Narrates How She Was Mistaken For Mammy Water In Church Because She's Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.