Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake (29565 Views)

Which Of These Brands Of Coca-cola Did You Drink? Years. / Nigerian Indomie Noodles Very Safe To Consume - NAFDAC / Ghanaian Man On A Mission To Consume A Basin Of Food "Battling For His Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by ijustdey: 8:00pm On Dec 06, 2017
Ifeoluwa Adeyemo

Nigerians have been advised to follow a healthy lifestyle by eating more fruits and reducing their sugar intake.

The advice was given on Tuesday by the Coca Cola Marketing Manager, Stills and Flavours, Gbolahan Sanni, at the launch of three new variants of Five Alive juice in Lagos.

According to a report from the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, Mr. Sanni said eating more fruits daily either by eating or drinking makes one healthy. Consequently, Coca Cola Ltd has introduced drinks with more natural content to the market.

“The new variants contain natural and local fruits such as pineapple, apple, mango, passion fruit and orange.

“There is no limit to the number of bottles that can be consumed by an individual because it contains vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to health.

“It is made from natural fruits, vitamin and minerals unlike carbonated drinks which were made from chemical compounds and sugar.
“It does not contain artificial flavours, colours and preservatives,” Mr. Sanni said.

He added that the company realised that the taste of consumers was changing and as a result they have introduced new products.

“I can assure you that we will continue to innovate, introduce and produce new variants of natural fruits drink tirelessly.

“Five Alive drinks is a product of Coca-Cola Company and the most sought after drinks because of its uniqueness and quality.

“People should always take breakfast with five alive because it is fresh and contains natural products,” the marketing manager said.

The new variants launched on Tuesday are Tropical, Apple and Family size of pulpy orange.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/251615-coca-cola-advises-nigerians-consume-fruits-reduce-sugar-intake.html

1 Like

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by miqos02(m): 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
Make person tell jimi my friend oh, he takes at least 3bottles of coke daily. I call him coke ambassador

11 Likes

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by martineverest(m): 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
Irony of life..... While he sells products that contain heavy sugar with almost zero fruit.

We can deduce that he is telling us not to consume coke, Fanta etc and buy more of hollandia and chivita products

Dude shud be sacked asap.... He isn't representing the brand

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by hemartins(m): 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
Nice strategy to sell their new launched fruity drinks.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by hollamanng(m): 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
OK this is the right time to announce abi after making enough money from the business and u want to invest your money in other businesses and spoil market for other companies wehdon PDP (people destroying people ).

4 Likes

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by fratermathy(m): 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
That's the true definition of irony. I never knew they were the owners of five alive though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by goggleit: 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
Eku orire[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by BEENUEL(m): 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
This is so Sarcastic.

Meanwhile

A typical Naija babe be like

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by Ugoeze2016: 10:12pm On Dec 06, 2017
The drink is not complete without sugar and preservatives, so what is natural about your five alive Mr Marketer?

If I wan eat fruit or drink fruit juice, I go market buy and blend smiley

6 Likes

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 06, 2017
..in other words,
don't consume our product

1 Like

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:12pm On Dec 06, 2017
No be sugar dey inside the drink before
Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by NwaAmaikpe: 10:13pm On Dec 06, 2017
shocked

Life is no more sweet, we need all the sugar we can get.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by michresa(m): 10:13pm On Dec 06, 2017
we don hear una.
Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by tfelicityk(m): 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
Smiling... This is Alec... Please use that money to buy Natural fruit instead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by bedspread: 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
Haaaaaaa.... Will They Listen

The Same Way The Makers of Tobacco Warns That Tobacco Smokers are Liaible to Die young......

I Hope say una go Hear This time

1 Like

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by Mhizrohzz(f): 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
Noted
Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by Ikwokrikwo: 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
fratermathy:
That's the true definition of irony. I never knew they were the owners of five alive though.
When you are too busy killing yourself over IPOB matter, how will you know something as basic as that?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by sholla20(m): 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
Infact, nothing we no go see for this country,so, they now admit their soft drinks are chemical and as well poisonous, anyway,hold your five alive ooo, i prefer buying normal fruits to yours.

3 Likes

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by Titto93(m): 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
Royal789:
..in other words,

don't consume our product
Not true... Five alive is a coca cola product. They only want Nigeria to diversify to their Natural fruit product.
Digest the topic first

2 Likes

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by psalmhorah(m): 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
shocked

wise pple ..they wanna divert out attention to their new product..
Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by Oluwaseyi00(m): 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2017
So we should stop drinking coke undecided
Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by datola: 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2017
Ok
Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by ishowdotgmail(m): 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2017
Mumu people. Don't they know the sugar level in their product
Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by Wynnah(m): 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2017
strategy... I better buy Fresh natural fruits then...
Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by NaijaMutant(f): 10:16pm On Dec 06, 2017
Marketing strategy

They want to prepare our minds for their new product which is going to contain natural fruits without artificial sweetener/sugar.
Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by Ruggedfitness: 10:16pm On Dec 06, 2017
The title should be Coca-Cola advises Nigerians to start taking water and eating more fruits and stop buying its product, because its products is the main source of sugar for Nigerians.

But I am quite surprised that a nairalander told me that He would rather die young, than exercise for his own health because disease no dey kil african man Nigerians reall shock me.
Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by Oluwaseyi00(m): 10:16pm On Dec 06, 2017
Hmmm.... Meanwhile in Spain... Just when we thought we've seen it all

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by fratermathy(m): 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2017
Ikwokrikwo:
When you are too busy killing yourself over IPOB matter, how will you know something as basic as that?

Congrats! You know something as important as the owner of 5 alive. I'm happy for you bro. Kudos! Go and continue licking Nnamdi Kanu's soft albino balls now.

Oh, I forgot! He's nowhere to be found. Lick it in your dreams! angry

3 Likes

Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by condralbedez: 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2017
So indirectly, we shld stop taking coke and fanta??
Re: Coca-cola Advises Nigerians To Consume More Fruits, Reduce Sugar Intake by Nonnyflex(m): 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
H

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review / Does ORIJIN Contain More Sugar Than Necessary? / Why Are Nigerians Overreacting About Hilda Baci's Record?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.