Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet (2901 Views)

Temi Otedola Flaunts Her Walk In Closet (Photo) / Enrique Iglesias Vs Ricky Martin Who's More Handsome? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by Krayola(m): 12:51am On Mar 30, 2010
Ricky Martin Comes Out: "I'm A Fortunate Homosexual Man"

The singer, whose sexuality was the source of much speculation in his "Vida Loca" heyday, posted a long statement that ended with, "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

Martin welcomed twin sons via a surrogate in 2008 and has largely stepped away from the limelight to be a dad.

The statement in its entirety, which he posted in Spanish and English, is below.
--------------------------------------------

A few months ago I decided to write my memoirs, a project I knew was going to bring me closer to an amazing turning point in my life. From the moment I wrote the first phrase I was sure the book was the tool that was going to help me free myself from things I was carrying within me for a long time. Things that were too heavy for me to keep inside. Writing this account of my life, I got very close to my truth. And thisis something worth celebrating.
For many years, there has been only one place where I am in touch with my emotions fearlessly and that's the stage. Being on stage fills my soul in many ways, almost completely. It's my vice. The music, the lights and the roar of the audience are elements that make me feel capable of anything. This rush of adrenaline is incredibly addictive. I don't ever want to stop feeling these emotions. But it is serenity that brings me to where I'm at right now. An amazing emotional place of comprehension, reflection and enlightenment. At this moment I'm feeling the same freedom I usually feel only on stage, without a doubt, I need to share.

Many people told me: "Ricky it's not important", "it's not worth it", "all the years you've worked and everything you've built will collapse", "many people in the world are not ready to accept your truth, your reality, your nature". Because all this advice came from people who I love dearly, I decided to move on with my life not sharing with the world my entire truth. Allowing myself to be seduced by fear and insecurity became a self-fulfilling prophecy of sabotage. Today I take full responsibility for my decisions and my actions.

If someone asked me today, "Ricky, what are you afraid of?" I would answer "the blood that runs through the streets of countries at war, child slavery, terrorism, the cynicism of some people in positions of power, the misinterpretation of faith." But fear of my truth? Not at all! On the contrary, It fills me with strength and courage. This is just what I need especially now that I am the father of two beautiful boys that are so full of light and who with their outlook teach me new things every day. To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where born with. Enough is enough. This has to change. This was not supposed to happen 5 or 10 years ago, it is supposed to happen now. Today is my day, this is my time, and this is my moment.

These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed.

What will happen from now on? It doesn't matter. I can only focus on what's happening to me in this moment. The word "happiness" takes on a new meaning for me as of today. It has been a very intense process. Every word that I write in this letter is born out of love, acceptance, detachment and real contentment. Writing this is a solid step towards my inner peace and vital part of my evolution.

I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am.

RM
  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/29/ricky-martin-comes-out-im_n_517625.html

Discuss  grin
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by bgees(m): 12:57am On Mar 30, 2010
I always knew there was something female about the guy.

I'd be very much interested to know which rapper is gay.
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by THEAMAKA(f): 1:23am On Mar 30, 2010
!
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by Krayola(m): 1:26am On Mar 30, 2010
bgees:

I always knew there was something female about the guy.

I'd be very much interested to know which rapper is gay.

haha. Easy E once put out a picture of Dr Dre in  lipstick and eye liner. It's not a fake picture either.

Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by bgees(m): 1:42am On Mar 30, 2010
yes, Dre has been accused of being gay a couple of times.

Dre could be gay.
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by 0hsisi: 2:01am On Mar 30, 2010
how about Ryan Seacrest,is he out yet?
Queen Latifah nko?
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by A40(m): 2:05am On Mar 30, 2010
Fire burn the battyboi! All this grammar just to tell us he is gay? I still like his music though

Really though i don't get it if i was Ricky Martin i woulda shagged all the women under 45 in Puerto Rico

@Krayola & Bgees
Dre ain't gay! I heard a rumor bout Busta a while ago and i seriously suspect Baby Birdman is queer too
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by bgees(m): 2:09am On Mar 30, 2010
Queen Latifah has been honest with it for a long time now.

A-40:

@Krayola & Bgees
Dre ain't gay! I heard a rumor bout Busta a while ago and i seriously suspect Baby Birdman is queer too

Busta Rhymes? very unlikely.

But Birdman, lil wayne, Kanye, Drake, maybe . especially Kanye.
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by Krayola(m): 2:12am On Mar 30, 2010
haha. Don't think Dre is gay either. I've heard about the parties he throws and na so so big yansh woman dem talk say dey full am. But what's with the lipstick and eyeliner?   undecided

Besides that kiss with lil wayne, I don't know what other reason there is to think the bird man is gay.

I really don't give a rat's backside who's gay tbh. It's just fun watchin the NL homophobes spit their venom.   grin
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by Krayola(m): 2:13am On Mar 30, 2010
THE AMAKA:

!

lol. does that mean u just died oh shock?
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by Nobody: 2:37am On Mar 30, 2010
is ryan seacrest gay? quuen latifah too?
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by bgees(m): 2:41am On Mar 30, 2010
Queen Latifah is gay.
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by Nobody: 2:55am On Mar 30, 2010
bgees:

Queen Latifah is gay.

serious shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by A40(m): 2:58am On Mar 30, 2010
Queen Latifah is only gay cos she's not met A-40! Walahi if i don finish with those breasties they would go down a few cups

@Krayola
Who lip locks with another grown man in public? They even had the nerve to tell us it was a father and son kiss! If ma dad ever kissed me like that i go break bottle for im head. He even has Weezy's tattoos too and thats another red flag a dude with too many tattoo's and piercings puts ma Gaydar on red alert
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by bgees(m): 3:03am On Mar 30, 2010
Remember Queen Latifah acted as a lesbian in 'Set it Off'. she even did some lesbian scenes with her girlfriend.

Now, I'm wondering if the director knew she was gay then.
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by Krayola(m): 3:03am On Mar 30, 2010
A-40:

Queen Latifah is only gay cos she's not met A-40! Walahi if i don finish with those breasties they would go down a few cups

@Krayola
Who lip locks with another grown man in public? They even had the nerve to tell us it was a father and son kiss! If ma dad ever kissed me like that i go break bottle for im head. He even has Weezy's tattoos too and thats another red flag a dude with too many tattoo's and piercings puts ma Gaydar on red alert

grin grin grin LWKMD

I just think if they do it in public, they aint tryin to hide it. So why would they lie about it? If they say it was father and son kiss, I'll believe them. Even tho i'll still think they're wacko.
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by A40(m): 3:28am On Mar 30, 2010
@Krayola
Lol i'm a grown a$$ man! Who are they selling that dodo for? Awa o ko yen je jare! I'm 70% sure Baby is gay
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by chiogo(f): 3:39am On Mar 30, 2010
LOL, so if baby is gay then lil' wayne is also gay. . it takes two to tango. lipsrsealed
But it's confusing with all the baby mamas he has. Oh well, he could still be gay.

@topic, what a speech!! wow, I wonder how his kids would react, is he even married? Well, good for him. grin
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by bgees(m): 3:43am On Mar 30, 2010
Baby and Lil wayne might be gay (unconsciously).

but the thing is building up. kisses, piercings, tattoos, sagged skinny jeans, Baby might just welcome Lil wayne back from jail with a deep french kiss.

and its not about fatherly love or brotherly love. I love my own  brothers die , but to kiss them ? never!!!
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by Krayola(m): 3:50am On Mar 30, 2010
hahaha.  I think this is the murder weapon right here.  grin Everybody else wanted chiks on stage, Birdie was askin for Niggahz to come on stage.  Yelling out "I bleep wit Niggaz too"  grin grin Watch from 50 secs.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mSPRlrnhCc&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by chiogo(f): 4:05am On Mar 30, 2010
^^ lmao!!! smh @ video. embarassed sad
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by A40(m): 4:25am On Mar 30, 2010
@Bgees
That guy na gay.got mehn i don't care if he's married with kids! That nigga is like 41 for goodness sake! Tattoos of Weezy,piercings, skinny jeans (I'd rather die than wear that $hit ma nuts too thick) kissing grown men in public. I would not wait till i hear he is into gay po.rn before i call a spade a spade
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by riversman: 4:31am On Mar 30, 2010
why the HATE folks, i dont care wat Ricky does in bed, if u loved his music b4 u found out his sexual lifestyle, what stops u now

are u gonna be surprised ur pastor is GAY?? why shouldnt that be his bizness, u have ur own cross to carry
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by spoilt(f): 4:34am On Mar 30, 2010
Why do people keep saying Ricky Martin came out? was he ever in? grin
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by bawomolo(m): 4:59am On Mar 30, 2010
spoilt:

Why do people keep saying Ricky Martin came out? was he ever in?  grin

these are the same people that thought clay aiken and george michael were straight.
come on people.

queen latifah and da brat are gay too.
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by bgees(m): 5:10am On Mar 30, 2010
Here is a video for gay rappers. . . grin. but its just a parody. watch out 50cent's part of the song:

[flash=480,340]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCS44CLO7Kg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by debosky(m): 8:48am On Mar 30, 2010
I knew he was gay ages ago - all those tight pants and waist gyrations gave it away. tongue
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 30, 2010
Crikey!

So Ricky been laying the irrigation pipe for a while.

Pssshhhh
Oh well!
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 30, 2010
Worst kept secret over the past 8 years its been pretty obvious. The reason he kept mum about it is because he wanted to avoid Career suicide.
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by saintkola(m): 11:10am On Mar 30, 2010
Oh No! Girls, don't read
this!!! Oh No, the horror!!
Lol
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by mukina2: 11:49am On Mar 30, 2010
Ricky thank you, but we all knew long ago, see how you gyrate grin and the body touches grin
go watch pagate grin
Re: Ricky Martin, Mr. La Vida Loca, Comes Out Of The Closet by 0hsisi: 2:19am On Mar 31, 2010
mukina2:

Ricky thank you, but we all knew long ago, see how you gyrate grin and the body touches grin
go watch pagate grin

Muki shocked shocked shocked
you've been watching his hip gyrations? shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Look At That Body! Mercy Johnson Shows Off Killing Curves On Wow! Cover / Essien-igbokwe's First Son, Obiora Weds In Style In Awka / Photos From Omawumi's Baby Shower With Toke Makinwa And Tiwa Savage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.