Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) (44201 Views)

AFCON 2023 Semi-Final Nigeria Vs South Africa Today Wed. Feb 7th 6:00 PM / Ballon D'or 2018 Live Thread / Anthony Joshua Defeats Joseph Parker (Live Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Sanchez01: 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2017
Knock Paulo Dybala off that list as he is in at 15th!
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Sanchez01: 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2017
Another Premier League representative as Kevin De Bruyne takes 14th place.

Just Kane and Kante left from these shores.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Sanchez01: 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2017
Grabbing 13th position is Luiz Suarez
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by yehmy(m): 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2017
make them come move this thing to front page now
mynd44 dragnet lalasticla seun
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by yehmy(m): 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2017
make them come move this thing to front page now

mynd44

dragnet

lalasticlala

seun
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Sanchez01: 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2017
Another Real Madrid player is in and it's Isco at 12th!
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Sanchez01: 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2017
PSG star, Edison Cavani at 11th!

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Sanchez01: 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2017
HERE COMES THE TOP 10

These are the names, but what order will they be in?
​Neymar
Kante
Modric
Kane
Lewandowski
Ramos
Buffon
Ronaldo
Messi
Mbappe

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by yehmy(m): 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2017
my boy NGOLO KANTE made top10 Up Chelsea

18 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2017
CR7

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by princeade86(m): 6:33pm On Dec 07, 2017
CR7 all the way.

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Archangel15: 6:35pm On Dec 07, 2017
The one and only mercurial wizard of football cool

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Afam4eva(m): 6:37pm On Dec 07, 2017
Sanchez01:
[s][/s]
Messi fanboy.

1. History would ask how a Ronaldo keenly contested the most individual coveted prize in football against your all time great such that he won it just as the same amount as him.
2. History would ask how a young, charismatic, onetime Lisbon player took the Premier League by storm to become a force, left for Spain to become a phenom.
3. History would ask how Ronaldo scored 50 goals in six consecutive seasons in the same league Messi is known for when he clearly could not do same.
4. History would ask how a Ronaldo was the first player in the history of the La liga to score against every team in a single season where Messi had been playing prior his arrival in 2009.
5. History would ask why Ronaldo won a senior national silverware while your so-called all time great cost his team a final by shooting a penalty kick into the sky, cried like a sissy and announced his retirement because he could not handle failure.
6. History would also ask why Ronaldo was announced the most complete footballer alive when Messi played in his era.
7. History would ask why Messi refused to play elsewhere but Barcelona while Ronaldo moved from Lisbon to Manchester United, became the club's iconic star and moved to Real to become goalkeeper's nightmare.
8. History would ask how a Ronaldo overtook Messi in the Champions League all time scoring chart to become its all time goal scorer.

Ronaldo would not only go down as an inspiration to players who are not regarded, but would be regarded as the best thing to happen to goal scoring feats in modern day football. One word best describe him and that is GENUIS.

Educate yourself, biko: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_FIFA_Football_Awards

Mynd44
Mukina2
Lalasticlala
You're really a strange person to be supporting Buhari and Ronaldo at the same time. I hope you're not an Arsenal fan too grin

16 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by dieBYfire: 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2017
They should scrap this useless award Joor angry
Every year its Messi VS Ronaldo, and they keep passing the awards to eachother like its their birth right . Are they the only footballers in the planet? angry

My Cousin Aremu Emeka Badmus has scored 129 goals in the Macedonia league and he doesn't even get nominated! sad
If I hear pim about this stupid about ehnn but the OP & the M?D & supporters of the thread will DBF grin ( see my moniker for translation)

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by moticonquer(m): 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2017
It's Ronaldo all the way
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by dotcomnamename: 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2017
[s]1. History would ask how a Ronaldo keenly contested the most individual coveted prize in football against your all time great such that he won it just as the same amount as him.
2. History would ask how a young, charismatic, onetime Lisbon player took the Premier League by storm to become a force, left for Spain to become a phenom.
3. History would ask how Ronaldo scored 50 goals in six consecutive seasons in the same league Messi is known for when he clearly could not do same.
4. History would ask how a Ronaldo was the first player in the history of the La liga to score against every team in a single season where Messi had been playing prior his arrival in 2009.
5. History would ask why Ronaldo won a senior national silverware while your so-called all time great cost his team a final by shooting a penalty kick into the sky, cried like a sissy and announced his retirement because he could not handle failure.
6. History would also ask why Ronaldo was announced the most complete footballer alive when Messi played in his era.
7. History would ask why Messi refused to play elsewhere but Barcelona while Ronaldo moved from Lisbon to Manchester United, became the club's iconic star and moved to Real to become goalkeeper's nightmare.
8. History would ask how a Ronaldo overtook Messi in the Champions League all time scoring chart to become its all time goal scorer.

Ronaldo would not only go down as an inspiration to players who are not regarded, but would be regarded as the best thing to happen to goal scoring feats in modern day football. One word best describe him and that is GENUIS.

Educate yourself, biko: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_FIFA_Football_Awards

[img]http://dailypost.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Ronaldo-The-Best-Oct2017.jpg
Mynd44
Mukina2
Lalasticlala[/img][/s]

[s]I understand your exceptional LOVE for C.Ronaldo. But prove all you want, wail all you want. Messi is still superior to C.Ronaldo in football. He's the king and doctor of football. [/s]

Its obvious you're just a follower. You have no idea about quality of football. Outha thread men!

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Sanchez01: 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2017
Afam4eva:

You're really a strange person to be supporting Buhari and Ronaldo at the same time. I hope you're not an Arsenal fan too grin
LMAO! I don't support Buhari. I'm sure I had once publicly announced that I regretted voting him. That said, what is Arsenal? grin

I'm a Madridista cool

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by purplekayc(m): 6:42pm On Dec 07, 2017
No contest here: CR7

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 6:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
Sanchez01:

Factfile
The Ballon d’Or is the award given to the best player in the world.

This year 30 players have been nominated although it is likely to go to one of the big two.

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are the only winners of the award in its current form.

You need to go back to 2007 to find a different winner when Kaka topped Ronaldo and Messi - who finished second and third respectively.

And the pair are expected to head the votes again this year with Ronaldo winning the Champions League and La Liga double in May.

Ronaldo is the big favourite but we'll find out later today if he's drawn level with Messi.

When is the 2017 Ballon d’Or awards?

The 62nd edition Ballon d'Or will be held on Thursday, December 7.

The ceremony kicks-off at 6.45pm GMT, 7.45pm local time.

Where is the 2017 Ballon d’Or awards?

The ceremony is held in Paris.

Who will present the Ballon d’Or?

Former Tottenham and Newcastle winger David Ginola will present the awards ceremony.

Who will win the Ballon d’Or?

Cristiano Ronaldo is the big favourite after another stunning year.

If he is victorious he will join Lionel Messi on five Ballon d’Ors.

Similarly if Messi comes second, he will join Ronaldo on five second places.

Last year Neymar came third and he may do again.

How do you win the Ballon d’Or?

The Ballon d’Or is held by French Football magazine and they ask 173 journalists from all over the world to vote.

PS: Ballon d'Or 2017 will be at 4:30 PM - 8:30 PM

God please give Rinaldo ,my darling the award ..he so Mich deserves it.hardworking and grounded ....neymar indeed when did he come he better wait for next 3 years
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Kaxmytex(m): 6:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
kante is jux too much....

e b lyk say dat guy swallow machine...

fine boy kante

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lifezone247(m): 6:45pm On Dec 07, 2017
CR7 all the way no 2 ways about it.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2017
dotcomnamename:
[s]1. History would ask how a Ronaldo keenly contested the most individual coveted prize in football against your all time great such that he won it just as the same amount as him.

[img]http://dailypost.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Ronaldo-The-Best-Oct2017.jpg
Mynd44
Mukina2
Lalasticlala[/img][/s]

I understand your exceptional LOVE for C.Ronaldo. But prove all you want, wail all you want. Messi is still superior to C.Ronaldo in football. He's the king and doctor of football.

Guy ..you are the one blinded by your love for messing up sorry I meant messi ..
Its obvious that Ronald surpasses messi ...the guy na legend ..years to come he will be remembered .the only time messing will come up is when reference is bein made to those that were his rivals but could not keep up
Sorry..accept my condolence over the death of your icon's success ....I advise you move to our camp we can squeeze you in if you behave your self

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by tobore4u(m): 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2017
Sanchez01:

LMAO! I don't support Buhari. I'm sure I had once publicly announced that I regretted voting him. That said, what is Arsenal? grin

I'm a Madridista cool
Bro its 2017 award they are given, I think Messi deserve it than Ronaldo.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Sanchez01: 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2017
...STILL WAITING FOR THE TOP 10
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
dieBYfire:
They should scrap this useless award Joor angry
Every year its Messi VS Ronaldo, and they keep passing the awards to eachother like its their birth right . Are they the only footballers in the planet? angry

My Cousin Aremu Emeka Badmus has scored 129 goals in the Macedonia league and he doesn't even get nominated! sad
If I hear pim about this stupid about ehnn but the OP & the M?D & supporters of the thread will DBF grin ( see my moniker for translation)

Pim !
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by tobore4u(m): 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
lazygal:

Guy ..you are the one blinded by your love for messing up sorry I meant messi ..
Its obvious that Ronald surpasses messi ...the guy na legend ..years to come he will be remembered .the only time messing will come up is when reference is beingade to those that were his rivals but could not keep up
Sorry..accept my condolence over the death of your icon's success ....I advise you move to our camp we can squeeze you in if you behave your self
If ronaldo win the trophy i will deactivate my account.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by opezy: 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
I dey enjoy una oooo
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by wunmi590(m): 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
Sanchez01:

Factfile
The Ballon d’Or is the award given to the best player in the world.

This year 30 players have been nominated although it is likely to go to one of the big two.

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are the only winners of the award in its current form.

You need to go back to 2007 to find a different winner when Kaka topped Ronaldo and Messi - who finished second and third respectively.

And the pair are expected to head the votes again this year with Ronaldo winning the Champions League and La Liga double in May.

Ronaldo is the big favourite but we'll find out later today if he's drawn level with Messi.

When is the 2017 Ballon d’Or awards?

The 62nd edition Ballon d'Or will be held on Thursday, December 7.

The ceremony kicks-off at 6.45pm GMT, 7.45pm local time.

Where is the 2017 Ballon d’Or awards?

The ceremony is held in Paris.

Who will present the Ballon d’Or?

Former Tottenham and Newcastle winger David Ginola will present the awards ceremony.

Who will win the Ballon d’Or?

Cristiano Ronaldo is the big favourite after another stunning year.

If he is victorious he will join Lionel Messi on five Ballon d’Ors.

Similarly if Messi comes second, he will join Ronaldo on five second places.

Last year Neymar came third and he may do again.

How do you win the Ballon d’Or?

The Ballon d’Or is held by French Football magazine and they ask 173 journalists from all over the world to vote.

PS: Ballon d'Or 2017 will be at 4:30 PM - 8:30 PM

Please which DSTV channel is showing it?

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Mariangeles(f): 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
Afam4eva:

Is it not obvious that he is an arsenal fan? Must you ask a rhetoric question ?

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2017
tobore4u:
If ronaldo win the trophy i will deactivate my account.

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2017
Archangel15:
The one and only mercurial wizard of football cool

See that his face..short devil .mscheeeeeww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Efe, Steven and Bright Sodje Jailed For Fraud / Oshoala, Michelle Alozie & Uchenna Kanu Holidaying In Lagos (Pics & Video) / Kelechi Iheanacho Wins Leicester City 2020-21 Goal Of The Season Award (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52