Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,216 members, 7,780,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:40 PM

"Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience (13752 Views)

We Have Capable Hands To Work In Amotekun — Fulani Group / Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term / BREAKING: SARS Arrests Moses Motoni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by naptu2: 5:59am On Dec 07, 2017
Police handcuffed my hands to a car seat – BudgIT official arrested for holding meeting.

Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

Moses Motoni, an official of a civic organisation, BudgIT, has narrated how his legs were chained and his hands handcuffed to a seat by some policemen who arrested him.

He stated that he was apprehended in Kaduna and brought to Abuja for holding a town hall meeting in Bida, Niger State, on budget tracking.

The victim, who was released by the police in Abuja on Wednesday, after uproar on the social media, said he saw hell in the hands of police personnel, who dehumanised and treated him like a criminal.

Speaking to journalists on his experience, Motoni explained that he was not informed about his crime, adding that the policemen simply said he was arrested for “inciting the populace and trying to impeach the Emir of Bida.”

Motoni’s troubles began when he visited Niger State last Saturday to sensitise residents of the Niger South Senatorial District to the zonal intervention projects awarded to their constituency in the 2017 budget.

The projects were the installation of transformers and electrification of Nowanya-Tawadzuru, Tiffin-Emitswachi-Tawadzuru and Tako communities in the Gbako Local Government Area, Niger South Senatorial District, Niger State as stated in the 2017 Appropriation Act.

Moroni was arrested on Tuesday after he was tricked into visiting the DHL office at Markafi Market, Kaduna, to pick a parcel.

He was reportedly forced into vehicle and brought to Abuja by policemen who disguised as DHL personnel.

The BudgIT worker explained that he simply enlightened the people about the constituency projects and how to track the budget, noting that he was surprised by the allegations that he wanted to incite the public and impeach the traditional ruler in the area.

He said, “I was arrested in Kaduna and our journey from there to Abuja was hell for me because I was handcuffed on both legs and my elbows were handcuffed to a chair, which dislocated my joints.

“I wasn’t sitting; I squatted from Kaduna to Abuja, which was a journey of about two and a half hours. It was when I got to Abuja that I was told about the reason for my arrest.”

Motoni denied that his engagement with the Bida community would lead to a breach of the peace, noting that the idea of budget tracking was to encourage the community members to engage their representatives at the National Assembly and ensure that the projects were implemented.

“They (policemen) said they got a complaint that I was trying to incite the public, create a breach of trust and impeach the Emir. But this is not true; I went to the community to educate the people on how they can engage their representatives on the implementation of the projects,” he stated.

The civic worker said he was not cowed by his detention, noting that he would still visit Niger State to continue his advocacy.

The team lead, BudgIT, Oluseun Onigbinde, explained that the budget tracking project was meant to simplify the budget and create citizens awareness about the fiscal document so they could demand accountability from their representatives.

He condemned Motoni’s arrest, which he alleged was instigated by the NASS representatives from the area.

He explained that shortly after the town hall meeting, a senator had made a phone call to Motoni, inviting him to a meeting in his house, which he declined “because BudgIT tracking personnel were not allowed to meet with public officials privately.”

Onigbinde said, “After this, we believe the senator reached out to the Nigeria Police Force and accused Motoni of plotting to topple the Emir of Bida following which he was arrested, handcuffed and taken to SARS’ office in Abuja.”

“We condemn this abuse of power by the police and we plan to take up the issue with President Muhammadu Buhari and the Senate President; we will also reach out to the United Nations and the United States on this issue,” he added.

The police could not be reached for comment as the mobile phone of the Force spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, rang out.

He had also yet to reply to a text message sent to his phone as of the time of filing this report.

http://punchng.com/police-handcuffed-my-hands-to-a-car-seat-budgit-official-arrested-for-holding-meeting/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by Nobody: 6:03am On Dec 07, 2017
shocked

Really? Me??First to Comment Am I mad or going crazy? Pls hold me before I go SKIBII MAYANA on y'all....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by Nobody: 6:03am On Dec 07, 2017
Motoni thread.... Who wan bet? Two two moin moin this story na brt to FP

Still on the matter....these people reminds me of operation sweep. Days wen if you mess mess wey smell anyhow dem go arrest you.

5 Likes

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by Omexonomy: 6:03am On Dec 07, 2017
Enjoy ur change. No be dis guy treck to abuja for bubu victory

10 Likes

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by naptu2: 6:04am On Dec 07, 2017
Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by naptu2: 6:06am On Dec 07, 2017
Omexonomy:
Enjoy ur change.
No be dis guy treck to abuja for bubu victory

That's Hashimu Suleiman. That's not Moses Motoni.

9 Likes

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:10am On Dec 07, 2017
NPF has always been mannerless, useless, hopeless intact anything "Less" for time immemorial

8 Likes

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by naptu2: 6:12am On Dec 07, 2017
Pictures: Moses Motoni explaining the budget to members of the community.

2 Likes

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by Samusu(m): 6:13am On Dec 07, 2017
Moses, is it Police in normal Uniform abi SARS that arrested yhu? Answer me abeg
Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by naptu2: 6:18am On Dec 07, 2017
Moses Motoni explaining the budget to members of the community.

4 Likes

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by gmaribel(m): 6:39am On Dec 07, 2017
False allegation leveled

No investigation

No invitation

just James Bond style abduction

by those entrusted with the power to protect.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by wildcatter23(m): 6:41am On Dec 07, 2017
Q
Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by Bossontop(m): 6:41am On Dec 07, 2017
undecided
Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by stevezuks: 6:41am On Dec 07, 2017
Get the best grades from your final year project research when it is written by a professional .

for your understanding graduate project and post graduate research project topic, project writing and materials from us @ https://RunMyResearch.com/hire-a-researcher/
Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by mzHANA(f): 6:41am On Dec 07, 2017
Was thinking that police yaff come again with dehumanizing innocents

Until I read this

“inciting the populace and trying to impeach the Emir of Bida.”

Someone must have paid them

1 Like

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by stevezuks: 6:44am On Dec 07, 2017
Police wey suppose dey protect this man for the great work he is doing are the one dehumanizing him. This country is a very failed country. Very failed. We have no where to go if people like this man are arrested.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by 2shure: 6:45am On Dec 07, 2017
y do abokis
love sitting on the floor
are they permanently set to sit on floor.even d educated ones.
wtf
must they sit on the floor.

1 Like

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by Offpoint: 6:46am On Dec 07, 2017
Lol, the best way to live forever happy in this Godforsaken country is to live like me "give up every little ounce of hope you have for this country and see how happily you'll live". The only country on earth where illegality is legal, country where you get awarded for being extremely corrupt, country where lawlessness is a practice and a culture, country where.... wo I'm to happy this morning, I better avoid her woes before I ruin my day.

Abeg learn photoshop and CorelDRaw this December for just 5k, holla me if you're interested.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by Grafixnuel(m): 6:49am On Dec 07, 2017
angry
Moroni hmmmm

...u deserve one statue bro

6 Likes

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by AntiWailer: 6:53am On Dec 07, 2017
Regular Police not SARS Unit.
Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by Deo1986(m): 6:56am On Dec 07, 2017
That's what you get for being an activist. Trying to put sand sand for Senator garri. Lucky the only assassin in Niger state was away for other job.

2 Likes

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by dokiOloye(m): 6:58am On Dec 07, 2017
stevezuks:
Police wey suppose dey protect this man for the great work he is doing are the one dehumanizing him. This country is a very failed country. Very failed. We have no where to go if people like this man are arrested.
When Nnamdi Kanu correctly describes this British contraption as a zoo,so ppl go de provoke,while in all fairness, its even worse than a zoo,its an evil forest,where might is power.

6 Likes

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by yomalex(m): 7:01am On Dec 07, 2017
wow
Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by Deo1986(m): 7:01am On Dec 07, 2017
stevezuks:
he is an activist what do you expect? Everywhere in the world activists are persecuted, arrested, detained and even killed!
Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 07, 2017
Corruption is fighting back.
Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by Deo1986(m): 7:03am On Dec 07, 2017
dokiOloye:
When Nnamdi Kanu correctly describes this British contraption as a zoo,so ppl go de provoke,while in all fairness, its even worse than a zoo,its an evil forest,where might is power.
and sadly you are in the evil forest. Hey, which of the animal are you? An antelope just passed by.

5 Likes

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by dokiOloye(m): 7:07am On Dec 07, 2017
Deo1986:
and sadly you are in the evil forest. Hey, which of the animal are you? An antelope just passed by.
Ignored,totally

6 Likes

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by Daboomb: 7:12am On Dec 07, 2017
Omexonomy:
Enjoy ur change.
No be dis guy treck to abuja for bubu victory

And so phucking what?
does it not occur to your numskull that the NASS representative that incited the Police against him is a PDP member or what has Buhari got to do with thi? angry angry

3 Likes

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by Flexherbal(m): 7:14am On Dec 07, 2017
Politicians, they do not want anybody to speak.

1 Like

Re: "Police Handcuffed My Hands To A Car Seat" - Moses Motoni Narrates Experience by Realdeals(m): 7:15am On Dec 07, 2017
Good job from BudgIT. Nigeria problem is failed citizenry, people blaming the government are just ignorant, I wonder if they think those in govt are aliens and not citizens of Nigeria. Nigerians are too fixated on govt, while abadoning their responsibilities in ensuring good governance. BudgIT is contributing it quota while others lament.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN / Zamfara APC Gov’ship Aspirants Petition NJC Over Abuse Of Court Processes / Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.