Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:19 AM

Why Has God Abandoned Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Has God Abandoned Me? (689 Views)

How Has God Been Faithful To You In The Last 9 Months / What Has God Done For You In 2017; That Deserves His Praise? / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has God Abandoned Me? by Fareedadey: 10:17am On Dec 07, 2017
My mum is dead

My life is a Mess

Why are the prayers I’m praying and have been praying been ignored?
Re: Why Has God Abandoned Me? by Seun(m): 10:42am On Dec 07, 2017
Sorry bro. I can imagine how much it hurts. Life is unfair sometimes. Your mum isn't suffering anymore. She lives on in your memories. sad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Has God Abandoned Me? by Toyade888(m): 10:56am On Dec 07, 2017
Fareedadey:
My mum is dead

My life is a Mess

Everything will get better...just keep your faith
Re: Why Has God Abandoned Me? by iPrevail(m): 11:01am On Dec 07, 2017
Fareedadey:
My mum is dead

My life is a Mess

Your mum is mortal and like everyone else, ought to die.. We all will.
Your life is a mess because you've thought it so.. "What you think, you become ".

God has not abandoned you, you've abandoned yourself.. In life, there's a 50/50 chance of any event to occur.. But whatever effort you put in could affect those odds for or against you.

The truth is, life is hard when you are down. But if you learn to be less emotional and more focused on the things that could be, you'll know how to get yourself back up anytime life kicks you down.

Pray, if it gives you succor. But stay glued to the reality of evil times.. And work really hard smart. Be strong!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has God Abandoned Me? by ifenes(m): 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
Fareedadey:
My mum is dead

My life is a Mess

Because you failed to know yourself. Your prayers don’t need answers because all you desire are already with you. With the right frequency you will tune in with ease to the radio station of your choice

5 Likes

Re: Why Has God Abandoned Me? by iliyande(m): 1:19pm On Dec 07, 2017
iPrevail:

Your mum is mortal and like everyone else, ought to die.. We all will.
Your life is a mess because you've thought it so.. "What you think, you become ".

God has not abandoned you, you've abandoned yourself.. In life, there's a 50/50 chance of any event to occur.. But whatever effort you put in could affect those odds for or against you.

The truth is, life is hard when you are down. But if you learn to be less emotional and more focused on the things that could be, you'll know how to get yourself back up anytime life kicks you down.

Pray, if it gives you succor. But stay glue to the reality of evil times.. And work really hard smart. Be strong!

I am inspired by this...

@OP, it is not necessary to blame God in every situation..
all I can say now is Sorry.... accept my empathy....
in life we must face this situation to strengthen us so as to mould our faith/mental strength.

Remember, God answers prayers with: Yes, No, Wait, or something else. Why do you get angry when God says, "No, I will not answer your prayer...your loved one will die?" You had enough faith and you prayed perfect prayers, but sometimes God SAYS NO! Other times God might extend life, but sooner or later, WE ALL MUST DIE. Are you praying for eternal life on earth? Hezekiah was very sick in 1 Kings 20 and likely prayed to get better. God answered, NO: "Set your house in order, for you shall die and not live." (v1) Hezekiah, however prayed again and this time God answered: "I will add fifteen years to your life" v6 God still answered NO, but gave an extension of life to the sick man. How do you know God didn't answer your prayer by giving your loved one a few extra months, he otherwise without your prayer, wouldn't have gotten!

God loves you and cares for you, but we all must die. Set your hopes on what is above, not the earth. 2 Cor 4:16-18
Re: Why Has God Abandoned Me? by HZwriters: 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2017
ifenes:

Because you failed to know yourself. Your prayers don’t need answers because all you desire are already with you. With the right frequency you will tune in with ease to the radio station of your choice

how do one get the right frequency? Thank you.
Re: Why Has God Abandoned Me? by ashjay001(m): 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2017
Fareedadey:
My mum is dead
My life is a Mess

Life, generally, is a mess! Take ownership of urs. This, too, will pass!

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/01/18 / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Speaks On How To Win Souls / See The Definition Of "Satan" By Urban Dictionary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.