Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ (37137 Views)

Wife To Husband; Yes I Slept With Another Man. What Should He Do? / Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband / I Was A Husband: My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by dre11(m): 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2017
By Kehinde Akinyemi, Abeokuta

A Grade II Customary Court, in Ake, Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, listened with amazement yesterday as a housewife bearing a seven-month pregnancy declared she would not give her husband the baby due from her pregnancy, “or else the baby will be drugged to death.”

The housewife, Kudirat Babatunde, told the court the pregnancy did not belong to her divorce-seeking husband, Kamoru Babatunde, and nothing would make her give him the baby.

Babatunde is, in the suit number CV/232/2017, seeking to divorce his wife and mother of his four children on the grounds of threat to life and lack of care for their four children. The names of the children are Toheed 11; Yusuff 8; Quyum 6; and Segun 4. The seven-month pregnancy is expected to be the fifth child. But Kudirat is maintaining the pregnancy belongs to another man and not Babatunde and has vowed not to give him the expected baby.

In his submission before the court, Babatunde said that sometimes in June this year, Kudirat packed her belongings out of their apartment and all appeals to her by him, his in-laws and members of his family had failed.

He said, “Before she left, she was three months pregnant. And after she left, she was still coming to collect money from me. Since all appeals to her to come back had failed, I was advised to seek this divorce so that if she is no longer interested in the marriage, I should take my baby when she puts to bed.”

Kudirat, in her defence, told the court that her husband was not caring. “He is beating me, beating me all the time. He will not provide money for the upkeep of the house. Yes, I got pregnant, but it is not for him. It was for my man-friend. At least, I should know who owns my pregnancy,” she said.

But Kudirat’s elder sister, Rukayat Sotunde, who appeared as witness, attested that Babatunde should be responsible for Kudirat’s pregnancy.

The court president, Chief O.O. Akande, advised Kudirat not to take any untoward action about both her pregnancy and her marriage until the court delivered judgement on the matter. Chief Akande’s partner on the bench, Mrs. H.I. Majekodunmi, also took time to caution her against drugging the child after she has been delivered of it.

Akande said the law does not allow determination of a divorce suit when a woman is still pregnant. “We have to wait till you have been delivered of the baby and after three months, any of the party can come for divorce. As all can see, this woman is an expectant mother.

“Therefore, we advise both parties to come back on March 7, 2018, Mr Babatunde, you have to wait till March next year to reopen this case,” the court president declared.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/housewife-to-husband-my-pregnancy-isn-t-yours.html
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Evablizin(f): 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2017
shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by LadySarah: 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2017
was the sister present when she was copulating with either her manfriend or husband. :owas the sister present when she was copulating with either her manfriend or husband.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Ericaikince(m): 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2017
shocked
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by SIRKAY98(m): 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2017
Gud
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by olawamide042(m): 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2017
This life sha..
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by BruncleZuma: 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Now that Trump wants to end the world nah eeem all this drama dey happen?

Odikwa Egwu

4 Likes

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Dandy1(m): 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2017
Yepa!!!
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by sureheaven(m): 4:25pm On Dec 07, 2017
Ghen ghen.... end time wife. shocked shocked shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 07, 2017
Nawa ooh shocked shocked
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by BornAgainMay: 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2017
angry

Please, before we all marry let's be careful of the kind of woman we plan to put at home.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Ruggedfitness: 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2017
A Grade II Customary Court, in Ake, Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, listened with amazement yesterday as a housewife bearing a seven-month pregnancy declared she would not give her husband the baby due from her pregnancy, “or else the baby will be drugged to death.”

You know we started hearing all these kind of stories when women decided to be feminists.

In Other News
Woman Uses Chains To Tie Up Her 7 Year Old Daughter For Being Naughty (Graphics Photos)
www.realfitbody.com/2017/12/woman-uses-chains-to-tie-up-her-7-year.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by bolt000(m): 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2017
Lovely twist.. hehehe.
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Ahmed0336(m): 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2017
Lemme not be tribalistic cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Lilmisshy: 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2017
It's only PM news I know that like to carry this type of news.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2017
Men have suffered

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Primusinterpares(m): 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2017
Infidelity everywhere...
she dey with her husband yet goes out to get banana else where...
I just can't imagine some things.

3 Likes

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2017
Not A Hard Issue; Dna Can Solve This Shit
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by temitemi1(m): 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2017
Smh...
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by ceezarhh(m): 4:28pm On Dec 07, 2017
even married women are now hoes!...

16 Likes

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Abiona001(m): 4:28pm On Dec 07, 2017
yepa shocked
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by jimyjames(m): 4:28pm On Dec 07, 2017
let her put to bed first then a DNA test should be carried out
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Wegowide(m): 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2017
Aunty tell us the truth.... Did you buy your stupidity or did u get it for free?

1 Like

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Xisnin(m): 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

You know weI started hearing all these kind of stories when women decided to be feminists.

You must have been deaf and dumb for a very long time.
Feminists? Is that the latest vocabulary you just acquired?
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by JORDAN202: 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2017
STUPID MAN !

IMAGINE HOW THE MAN THINKS THAT WHEN THE WOMAN DELIVERS, HE CAN JUST GO AND COLLECT THE BABY.

WHY IS IT THAT NIGERIAN MEN (LIKE ME) ARE SO STUPID & DUMB ??

EVEN IF THE DNA TEST PROVES HE IS THE FATHER, THE CHILD IS NOT HIS TO JUST COME AND TAKE.

WHEN A NIGERIAN MAN MARRIES, HE SOMETIMES BECOMES CONFUSED AS TO HIS IMPORTANCE IN A MARRIAGE OWNING TO THE DOWRY HE MAY HAVE PAID.

AS A FATHER, TRY SUCH WITH MY DAUGHTER, AND GOD or THE DEVIL WILL RECEIVE AN UNPLANNED GUEST THAT DAY.

MARRYING A WOMAN DOES NOT, AND SHOULD NEVER TRANSLATE TO THE MAN OWING THE WOMAN AND THE CHILDREN.

AS MEN, THE EARLIER WE PUT AN END TO THESE CULTURAL BASED CRUELTIES, THE BETTER NIGERIA WILL BE.

15 Likes

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by FTrebirth(m): 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2017
na to divorce without payoff...straight!
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by kenn4rill(m): 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2017
a bad wife is worse than cancer I swear.... may we Neva experience it o.

3 Likes

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by dannytoe(m): 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2017
Aleastt, no need for future DNA test.
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2017
MAN-FRIENDundecided?

Some women no get shame again o.
The hubby should b thanking God for her earlier confession.
Meanwhile, I suggest he confirms if all the children are his sef,,,,,,,No b 2day ooo

2 Likes

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by zukky79: 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2017
I feel so sorry for the husband and the child. What an emotional and financial tragedy! shocked

1 Like

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2017
It is good when your wife is honest and transparent to you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? / Nonuplets: 27-year-old Halima Cisse Returns To Mali (photos) / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.