Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. (30422 Views)

GDP Growth Rate Of West Africa, Nigeria Becomes Last On The List / Canadian Governor General, Explains Why Nigeria Must Own Comm Satellite / "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by babadee1(m): 11:20am On Dec 08, 2017
Nigeria has enough problems of its own, we don't have the wherewithal to play big brother on the subcontinent any longer. As far as tackling France is concerned, you should ask Obasanjo why he quickly agreed to cede the Bakassi peninsula to Cameroon after a phone call from the then French President Jacques Chirac.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Mariangeles(f): 11:21am On Dec 08, 2017
After all we did for an African country like South Africa in the fight against apartheid, how did they pay us back...? with xenophobic attacks I tell you, treating us with no respect, its the Same with the other African countries...they forget so easily what We do for them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 08, 2017
Nice one @ SSBN
You have become more discerning grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by thunderbabs: 11:22am On Dec 08, 2017
Mk dem clear boko for their backyard first

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 08, 2017
Reading...
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by mickeymimi: 11:23am On Dec 08, 2017
Op do you mean Nigeria alone ...... grin
We cannot even stop the Fulani herds men from killing people in Nigeria ..... Libya from enslaving other Africans ... no vision ..because of bad government

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by anonimi: 11:24am On Dec 08, 2017
Igboid:
Delusional thread.
Nigeria is a poor third world country, still under colonial British and now USA imperialist control.
She can't help herself, let alone any one else.

Sad truth of a mentally lazy continent.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916463_img1217_jpegf36bc6f0e3954883e8b3b5a692deed65

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by BedLam: 11:25am On Dec 08, 2017
People forget that others hate you not solely because of your country but your personality. Forget the country you come from, I've not seen any African who doesn't like me. It all boils down to who you are. Mind you, I'm talking it a larger part of Western Africa and eats Africa. If anyone hates you for your country then know to yourself that you are smarter and better than that person. They are usually uneducated and very stupid.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by pointstores(m): 11:28am On Dec 08, 2017
okkkk now
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Profusamah: 11:29am On Dec 08, 2017
Nowenuse:

There are some of them that hate us and some of them like us. It's not a one way thing.
Besides, i think many of them may hate us because of the stupid and criminal characters our people display abroad.

Get your facts right bro. Take for example the xenophobia case in SA ; most business owned by Nigerians were the target. The feel we like dominating them but when the have a problem, the remember us. Since the are so strong to attack us, let them fend for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by madridguy(m): 11:29am On Dec 08, 2017
Africa need to wake up from her slumber.
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by lovelylad: 11:30am On Dec 08, 2017
If you read all the article written above...
You are jobless!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by mallamu: 11:36am On Dec 08, 2017
I DEY FACE MY WORK O

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Nowenuse: 11:38am On Dec 08, 2017
Profusamah:

Get your facts right bro. Take for example the xenophobia case in SA ; most business owned by Nigerians were the target. The feel we like dominating them but when the have a problem, the remember us. Since the are so strong to attack us, let them fend for themselves.

The poster mainly focused on West Africa which i think should be Nigeria's primary responsibility.

South africa is doing well as a country and would hardly need the help or influence of another Black african country.

Besides, i don't think Nigerians were the only targets of xenophobia. East Africans and other fellow Southern africans like Zimbabweans and Mozambicans were also attacked.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by calberian: 11:39am On Dec 08, 2017
I'm coming
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 08, 2017
Nowenuse:

There are some of them that hate us and some of them like us. It's not a one way thing.
Besides, i think many of them may hate us because of the stupid and criminal characters our people display abroad.
true but Nigeria should mind her businesses

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by BanevsJoker(m): 11:46am On Dec 08, 2017
Ikengawo:
Op, youre either American or a weed smoker without remorse. Had Nigeria handled Fulani from Gambia? Can nigeria purify water?

A country called niggerarea is against the black race. Stop talking like kids
I've been saying it, don't believe that River Niger BS. The name Nigeria is a product of an elaborate practical joke by a bunch of racist colonialists. The Land of Niggers, which coincidentally has the Nigger River flowing through it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 08, 2017
BanevsJoker:

I've been saying it, don't believe that River Niger BS. The name Nigeria is a product of an elaborate practical joke by a bunch of racist colonialists. The Land of Niggers, which coincidentally has the Nigger River flowing through it.
Nigger Area grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Blackops(m): 11:58am On Dec 08, 2017
cooljude:
A country like Nigeria is rare on the continent. We have everything we need to become a nation militarily powerful enough to stare down Western aggression. Because of our size and resource Africa looked up to Nigeria by default. In the 70’s and 80’s we played big brother with near perfection.

https://defensenigeria.com/2017/12/07/why-nigeria-must-kick-france-out-of-west-africa/

Don't deceive yourself, we never and I repeat never had the military might to sit at the same table with the west; talk less of staring down western aggression.

You can keep venting till eternity but France would always have dominance because they know what they intend exploiting and achieving. This country Nigeria has no mission statement and vision. We are on autopilot with no sense of direction. What is our projection in the next 50 years, what are we planning to achieve.

Y

Until you clean your house, you would continue to invite lizards and intruders. Let us take responsibility for our own action instead of apportioning blame to external factors.

You just oozed sense.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by romme2u: 11:59am On Dec 08, 2017
grandstar:
I laugh in Yoruba

The article you wrote about Libya is preposterous in all ramifications.

Libya wasn't rich. It was stuck as a middle income country.

Gaddafi was a tyrant and ruled with an iron fist. The majority of his people were glad to see him go.
The only problem was the West did not foresee the sectarian crisis his overthrow would bring. They probably assumed that because all Arabs speak the same language and share the same religion, it would be plain sailing.

Arabs are divided by religious sects and tribal clans.

Just imagine Yoruba land was a country and an Ijebu wanted to stay perpetually in power?

who told you that Libya is made up of only Arabs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by BakireBulmaker: 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
We fit
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Idrismusty97(m): 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2017
We should be more concerned about OUR welfare, OUR economy instead of carrying the burden of the entire black race. As the saying goes, Remove the log from your eyes first. We are not ready to be world leaders or even African leaders until we improve ourselves. If i was a leader my priority would be spending Nigerian money on Nigerians not feeding some poor kids in some faraway nation, Inviting problems that could be otherwise avoided. I will cooperate with France, The west and even North Korea if that will mean economic uplifting for Nigerians. What we need is mutual symbiotic relationship and a Win-Win situation, Not a one sided relationship. We must first solve our problems at least 90% before we think of solving other people problems. If Nigeria falls into a crisis like Libya we will never get out, Our generations will continue to suffer for decades. We can use western and France Domination against them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by omocalabar(m): 12:22pm On Dec 08, 2017
Igboid:
Delusional thread.

Nigeria is a poor third world country, still under colonial British and now USA imperialist control.

thanks for being blunt...
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by bademikky(m): 12:31pm On Dec 08, 2017
To be honest there is no friend in international system the sole called national interest can make the sale off the close Ally that is all I have to say ...
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by dometome: 12:31pm On Dec 08, 2017
Nowenuse:

Just imagine your comment.

Don't you know that as the largest African nation, largest nation of black people in the world, also with the largest economy. ...... Nigeria owes the black race, both here in Africa and around the world and also the African continent a lot of responsibilities? Yes we do! .......and as it currently stands, we have woefully failed in our responsibilities!

Your comment can be likened to that of a senior son who says "what is my business with the success of my family". So unfortunate. This is the kind of mentality that has kept the black african race at the ground and made us the laughing stock of the world.
the zoo us not a nation, it is a mere geographical expression.
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Olumaeme: 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2017
Nigeria cannot even take care of herself not to talk of meddling with the issues of other countries, mind you, Gaddafi is a dictator and not a democratically elected leader, has people does not like him.
They were happy when he was was killed he subjected their people to unnecessary suffering, one thing you gave to have at the back of your mind is that, there's no leader who want to stay for a long time that won't involve himself into illegal and immoral deals, like killing perceived enemies, enriching yourself with the nation's wealth and all, so that u can be very powerful..

I don't know why we think Western people are our problems, our leaders are our problems, they are The one selling us out, the west gives us free money on form of aids, import to us technologies, science and other stuffs, do you think they are doing charity, they will always make their money back.

We are the one that will rise up and declare that we want to change our continents narrative, that we are ready to develop ourselves, nobody will come here and help us unless we help ourselves. Even our natural resources, we Still need western machines to process them and all

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by grandstar(m): 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2017
romme2u:

who told you that Libya is made up of only Arabs.

I know there are also Berbers or Tuaregs

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by OneKinGuy(m): 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2017
To be honest here, Nigeria has mire role to play in the International World. I remember in the80s and 90s , Nigeria sent troops to keep peace in Lebanon and Sireer Lone. Why can't we keep on doing that way
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by professore(m): 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
I guess op is a political scientist.
Re: Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. by Dsov2016: 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
Igboid:
Delusional thread.

dude look at nigeria's force projection capacity in the 70s,80s,90s and even early 2000s under obj. there is a reason naija has always been chair of peace keeping missions. if you know the number of our soldiers and police in peace keeping operations it would baffle you. the prob has been the idiotic set of leaders and their advisers with no clear foreign policy thrust rather we have leaders fluctuating like leaf in a storm about their foreign policy. it was naija that spearheaded most of the independence of African nations. infact I remember reading one of my grandfather's 1960somrlething newspaper were naija was fighting with France that they should leave Africa alone and not test their nuclear weapons in africa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts / PDP Chairmanship: News Of Supreme Court Judgment Was False / Gimba Kakanda Accusing Wike Of Demolishing Mosque In False Tweets, Gets Blasted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.