Stats: 3,150,016 members, 7,806,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Herdsmen Attack Families In Cross River State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herdsmen Attack Families In Cross River State (557 Views)

Man Shoots Brother, Hacks Off Private Parts In Cross River State / Married Woman Gang Raped In Front Of Her Husband In Cross River State. Photos / Father And Son Rape His Little Daughter In Cross River State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Herdsmen Attack Families In Cross River State by CHOPUP411(m): 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2017
NO fewer than 200 families have fled their homes at Mbiabong Ito community, in Ito South clan, Odukpani Local Government Area, Cross River State, following the invasion of the community by herdsmen. Vanguard learned that the herdsmen, who drove a large herd of cows into the community’s farmlands, were believed to have forcefully resisted attempts by the villagers to deny them access to land for grazing. An indigene, Effiong Asuquo, told Vanguard that as gunshots rent the air, late Tuesday evening, the villagers had to run into the bush when it became apparent that the herdsmen had more sophisticated weapons. “We had to hide inside the bush because the kind of guns the herdsmen were carrying were too sophisticated. To stay alive we had to scamper for safety and the best place was the bush,” he said. A police source, who confirmed the incident, said it was quite unfortunate because a lot of people were injured in the process of running to safety. His words: You have to understand that it will take a while before I can authoritatively give you accurate information on the number of casualties and current situation in the area. Getting to the area is a challenge as you will have to either travel to Akwa Ibom first before linking up the place through the river in Itu.” When contacted, police Public Relations Officer in the state, ASP Irene Ugbo confirmed the incident and said they were on top of the situation. “ We are aware of the matter and we are on top of the situation because there is no cause for alarm. No casualties have been recorded to the best of my knowledge and our men are already on ground as we speak,” she said.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/herdsmen-sack-200-families-cross-river/

Re: Herdsmen Attack Families In Cross River State by Nwodosis(m): 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2017
:od
Re: Herdsmen Attack Families In Cross River State by kcjazzy: 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2017
Fulanii
Re: Herdsmen Attack Families In Cross River State by videkon(m): 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2017
Fulani don leave begging now, the handle gun.... Wetin man no go see
Re: Herdsmen Attack Families In Cross River State by expialidocious: 1:55am On Dec 08, 2017
MEN DEM... Ndi nwe Obodo. When their grand patron is the leader of the country. I have told my brothers in the south, the best way to end this folly is by boycotting Beef. after all fish is more nutritious and healthier.
Me, I don stop Anu Ehi since! Toothache no gree me grin

Customs Officers Conniving With Cyber Cafe Operators To Hack Payment Accounts. / How Notorious Viking Capo Was Shot Dead During A Robbery / Photo Of A Boy Whose Eyes Was Plucked Out By Supposed Herdsmen