Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion (381 Views)

Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? / Brilliant Quotes on Religion By Thomas Paine And Robert Ingersoll. / A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religion by haywhybamz(m): 12:24am On Dec 08, 2017
RELIGION:
Note: religion as used in this article applies to both Christianity and Islam, also this part of the world.
This happened today while I was rushing to catch a bus going to Ikeja at ikorodu round about, I overheard a woman saying "if you want to go into kidnapping and you don't want yo get caught, set up a church" although this statement irked me perhaps because it speaks against my religion. The church/Christianity has been under fire or let me say has been marred with the issue of tithing in the past few weeks, although I don't want to go into this argument but let me say a few things. I am OK with tithing as long as money contributed from widows mite is used to build schools affordable to those who contributed the money and I'm in full support of tithing as long as money contributed is plunged back into the church to alleviate and not augment or elevate poverty in the church and society at large.
To the issue, I think its a shame to see that religion has become what it is in the 21st century. Religion has turned out to be something one can say. The last time I checked, religion is something that preaches peace but these days, religion has become a testing ground for war and people can propagate hate speeches all in the name of religion. People now segregate all in the name of religion. We have schools meant for only one religion, we have offices where only one religion is allowed e.t.c if care is not taken a time would come where religion would control buying and selling.
Furthermore, there have been an outcry that our leaders have failed us, all we get now is politicians switching allegiance and one begins to wonder is there a party for the saint's? The real problem is that, people we see as our spiritual leaders or father's have failed us, all hear today is how spiritual fathers are committing all manners of atrocities and the question is"if our leaders failed us, should our spiritual fathers fail us too? We have had reforms in some sectors in the country, should we say there should be a religious reform?

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? / Who Is Afraid Of Daddy-freeze? / 'payment Of Tithe Is Not Obligatory - Very Rev. Msgr. Gabriel Osu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.