Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Shehu Musa Yar'adua Inspired Me – Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Inspired Me – Atiku (433 Views)

Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 / Buhari: Shehu Musa Yar’adua And I Wrote WASCE In 1961 / Abacha Injected Shehu Musa Yar’adua With Virus That Killed Him — Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shehu Musa Yar'adua Inspired Me – Atiku by zakim(m): 11:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
Former Vice President of Nigeria Atiku Abubakar says he was inspired by the courage of conviction of the late General Shehu Musa Yar'Adua.

Atiku, who said this on Friday in a tribute marking the 20th memorial anniversary of the late Katsina soldier and politician whom he also described as “democracy martyr”, spoke on how late General Yar'Adua inspired him with his extraordinary courage as well as organisational and mobilisation skills.

The Waziri Adamawa described Shehu Yar'Adua as a fearless politician who was not ready to compromise his principles at the expense of the cause he was fighting.

He said that, although Yar'Adua was a military man, his passion for democracy was amazing and his courage extraordinary.

Atiku also said that Yar'Adua's patriotism and commitment to Nigeria's unity and peaceful coexistence was one of the remarkable virtues that attracted him to the Katsina General.

According to Atiku, Shehu Musa Yar'Adua was not a timid democrat who abandoned his beliefs because of fear or opportunistic reasons for political survival.

He said that during the 1994/95 National Constitutional Conference, General Yar'Adua was among the few voices that told General Sani Abacha not to stay longer than one year in office and prepare a transition programme within the shortest time frame.

The former Vice President said Yar'Adua's position turned out to be inconsistent with General Abacha's hidden agenda; and that from that moment, Yar'adua became a marked man.

He stated that the mentorship of Yar'Adua is enduring to his political life, especially as it relates to the unity of Nigeria and the promotion and defence of its territorial integrity.

The Waziri Adamawa said that the former Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters, deserved a unique place in the pantheon of Nigeria's democratic heroes.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/shehu-musa-yar-adua-inspired-me-atiku.html

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Inspired Me – Atiku by madridguy(m): 11:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
shocked
Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Inspired Me – Atiku by sorom4: 3:40am On Dec 09, 2017
2019 will be sweet....

According to Oluwabusobomi(f) .....
Caliber of people supporting Buhari's second term:

* Mentally deluded
* Islamic fanatics
* 30k crew (BMC) e.g NgeneUkwune
* Politicians benefiting from the monumental corruption currently going on

1 Like

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Inspired Me – Atiku by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 09, 2017
What would kill Apc administration, is the unifying factors buhari never practised..

Atiku has seen all the weak points and its really too late for buhari to make amends coupled with the fact his media aides are already known for lies and propaganda..

Now most politicians are sitting on the fence not to be tagged with nepotism, in every list of appointees, colums are created for regions which they belong to.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

‘Abacha Died A Day Before Shutting Punch Newspapers’ / Why Innoson Is Persecuted Under The Smokescreen Of GTB / Nigeria Is Not Corrupt, Nigerians Are Corrupt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.