Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

13 Incredible Facts About Sports You Need To Know - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 13 Incredible Facts About Sports You Need To Know (592 Views)

5 Cliches About Live Sports You Should Avoid / What Jehovah's Witnesses Believe About Sports / I Wish I Knew This Years Ago About Sports!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Incredible Facts About Sports You Need To Know by magazineguy(m): 1:13pm On Dec 09, 2017
One thing I know for sure is that sports, just like every mainstream topic in the world would have its eerie reality- breath-taking or low. Boredom made me stumble on some things while surfing the web late last night. My kind nature and heart makes does not permit to follow in the steps of a hoarder. Here are some of them:

-Do you know Michael Jordan experimented with Baseball? While he was busy pitching, he was also being paid the reported $4 million he earns as a basketball player by Buls and White Sox’s owner, Jerry Reinsdorf.

-If Legendary swimmer Michael Phelps were a country, he would rank number 35 on the all-time Olympic gold medal list, ahead of 97 countries.

-“Federer” can be typed completely with the left hand (Check your computer keyboard now!)

-The average golf ball has 336 dimples.

-When the Americans defeated favourite England in the 1950 World Cup, the story was altered by many newspapers around the world. They believed the original score of 1-0 to be a typo and instead printed that England won 10-1

-Liechtenstein has completed in the most summer Olympics (16) without winning any medal.

-At the first modern Olympics, winners were awarded silver medals.

-China did not win an Olympic medal until 1984. At the 2008 Beijing games, they swept 100 medals (Home Advantage speaks in sports).

-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the creator of Sherlock Holmes, was once the goalkeeper of Portsmouth Association Football Club, which would eventually become the Portsmouth professional team that won the FA Cup in 2008.

-Shaquille O’Neal missed 5,317 free throws in his basketball career. (Disgracing!)

-During the 1974 World Cup in Munich, national teams were given BMW buses for transportation. After being eliminated, Zaire (now known as Democratic republic of Congo), unsuccessfully attempted to drive theirs back to Africa. (Absurd!)

-Despite consequent invitations, England refused to participate in the first three World Cups due to an actual beef with FIFA. Still a mystery till today as to what caused the rift between the football governing body and the brits.

-Despite not playing basketball since high school, Bruce Jenner (now Caitlyn Jenner) was drafted No. 139 by the NBA’s Kansas City Kings after winning the men’s decathlon at the 1976 Olympics.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/13-incredible-facts-sports-need-know/

cc
lalasseticala, mynd44, mid4lyfe, honeric01
Re: 13 Incredible Facts About Sports You Need To Know by owoeye2: 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2017
Interesting. Lalasticlala please do the needful.
Re: 13 Incredible Facts About Sports You Need To Know by owoeye2: 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2017
OK
Re: 13 Incredible Facts About Sports You Need To Know by paulolee(m): 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2022
reading that African country Zaire dt tried to drive its free bus back to Africa really spoil my mood...who do Africans this thing??

(1) (Reply)

2018 World Cup! Lionel Messi Blasts Mikel Obi’s Super Eagles Ahead Of Russia / Less Than 3 Mins To Become A Millionaire / How Far Can This Team Go In A World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.