Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:43 PM

Lyngsat Foot Print Maps - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Lyngsat Foot Print Maps (5205 Views)

Nilesat-201 Footprint Maps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lyngsat Foot Print Maps by FMarshal2(m): 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2010
[size=15pt] This is a Copy & Paste from another site regarding Lyngsat Foot Prints. The original Poster is SatStarNet the operators of LYNGSAT. I hope this helps those not very happy with the new Lyngsat format.[/size]

[QUOTE] Hi,

A bit of good news for all you who misses the old Lyngsat footprint maps! They are not gone just moved to our new site that are now operated independently:

http://www.satstar.net

However our new site is not just a collection of footprint images, it’s now a searchable database where you can use the new BeamFinder tool and get answers to questions like: "Which satellite beams can I receive at my location with my current equipment?", "How do I aim my satellite dish to receive a specific satellite beam?" and "What dish size do I need to receive a specific satellite beam?".

Please try it out; we appreciate any comments or suggestions!

(We have pretty much covered the FTA-birds and will soon begin to make footprints for the US PayTV-birds from the FCC gtx-files)[/QUOTE]
Re: Lyngsat Foot Print Maps by ohikhena(m): 8:14am On Mar 31, 2010
@ F Marshal

Nice one.
Re: Lyngsat Foot Print Maps by GeorgeD1(m): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2010
good work, marshal. your doing great.
Re: Lyngsat Foot Print Maps by sathob(m): 6:57pm On Apr 04, 2010
Having been unhappy with lyngsat's new format too, I decided to search the web for an alternate solution to eirp vrs dish size relationship, then I stumbled upon these graphs. I believe it will solve the repeated question of what dish size is required for this and that bird. all one needs to do is, get the eirp value or strength covering their area then use the graph for the corresponding dish size.
These figures are only a rough guide as dish sizes may be slightly different in real practical cases.

Re: Lyngsat Foot Print Maps by sathob(m): 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2010
this is for ku eirp

Re: Lyngsat Foot Print Maps by sathob(m): 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2010

Re: Lyngsat Foot Print Maps by GeorgeD1(m): 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2010
sathob,
you should also add that these values are just a rough guide as they may be slighly different from what is obtainable in practice.
Re: Lyngsat Foot Print Maps by sathob(m): 3:15pm On Apr 05, 2010
Yes that is a big omission ooo. Thanks. Have you also thought of it that normally, these graphs are refered to as rough guide because with satellite / microwave signals, it is practically not 100% accurate with figures for out of footprint eirp values?
Re: Lyngsat Foot Print Maps by GeorgeD1(m): 4:14pm On Apr 05, 2010
exactly! you cannot confine microwaves to a particular geographic location! smiley
Re: Lyngsat Foot Print Maps by Jossyboy2580(m): 12:04am On Apr 13, 2012
Please i want to learn everything about satellite and FTA...and please i dont know if i can receive Asian FTA channels in Nigeria...
Re: Lyngsat Foot Print Maps by Pidzo(m): 7:54am On Apr 17, 2012
Jossyboy2580: Please i want to learn everything about satellite and FTA...and please i dont know if i can receive Asian FTA channels in Nigeria...
FTA is good. If you have the will and patience (not Patience Ozokwor!) to learn I can tell you that it's easy. If you have any question feel free to post it in the newbies section where gurus here will ably assist you. In the newbies section you can ask anything and you will be answered. As for Asian FTA channels there are plenty of them. Check Intelsat 17 for example. Its footprint covers your region too, see: http://www.intelsat.com/flash/coverage-maps/sat_foot.html?sat=IS-17%20at%2066%BA%20E&display=map&spot=1

(1) (Reply)

*~ George_D Voted The Satellite Poster Guru Of The Year 2009*~ Congratulations! / How Do I Get Cheap Subscription For My Football Viewing Centre / Copa Del Rey Matches: Watch Live Round 32 Matches In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.