Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience (5839 Views)

A Snitch Just Reported The Glo Free Browsing Cheat / November Data Usage Thread ✴️ Share Yours ✴️ / How Are You Preparing For The Glo Free Data Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by ola12(m): 12:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
Please some1 should comfirm dat its actually 4gb dey give, I heard glo data zaps quickly

1 Like

Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Darkseid(m): 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
Guys abeg I wanna ask; my subscription is going to expire tomorrow and I still have like 1.5gb left. If I subscribe again today will I be given 4gb or 1.6gb and does glo support data rollover.
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by UGLEEBOI: 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
I dey flex Glo like kilode... relegated my emptyhen to one palasa like that.

I've being flexing Glo 2.5k for 12Gb. ((Awesome cap)) on my 4g Lte phone and i hotspot it to my PC since November.

I do marathon surfing on my PC like 1/3 of my day, i usually update and download.
Downside is it's kindaf slow... but not as slow as you might think... i downloaded a Photoshop CC exe. Of almost 700mb, it took appro. 15min couple of min. ago...

When you think abt the data caps, Glo is simply priceless.
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by iliyande(m): 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2017
Darkseid:
Guys abeg I wanna ask; my subscription is going to expire tomorrow and I still have like 1.5gb left. If I subscribe again today will I be given 4gb or 1.6gb and does glo support data rollover.

4gb will be added to the remaining 1.5gb
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Darkseid(m): 1:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
iliyande:

4gb will be added to the remaining 1.5gb
I appreciate your response, thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by iliyande(m): 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
ola12:
Please some1 should comfirm dat its actually 4gb dey give, I heard glo data zaps quickly
Disregard the zapping rumour....
If you are a new subscriber, you will be given 4gb but if you are not, then you will be given 1.6gb, but there is a way out if you are not a new subscriber. Try this, first subscribe to a small data plan of 50 or 100 and activate it by using little from it then sub the main plan. The small plan will make you eligible for the 150% bonus.
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by neomatrix1027(m): 2:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
Lojekunle:

Wow that's cool. Which YouTube app did you use.. And if I Hotspot it with pc won't they touch my data?
I used just the stock YouTube app. They won't, as far as you are in the timeframe, it won't be touched.

1 Like

Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Collinz2(m): 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2017
Rick9:

That's not true, I bought a new sim card, I subscribed N1000 and I was given 4GB that's what am using to reply you now.
thats not the issue, what i meant is that i want to download a file of 3GB will that 4GB of data be enough i dnt want a situation whereby it will get exhusted when its 2gb.
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by REB3L(m): 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
For those who claim glo in slow. Go to apn settings and change your apn from glo flat to glo secure.
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Rick9(m): 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2017
Collinz2:
thats not the issue, what i meant is that i want to download a file of 3GB will that 4GB of data be enough i dnt want a situation whereby it will get exhusted when its 2gb.

Yes it would be enough, but I wouldn't advise you to use glo to download oh, glo ain't strong for Downloading.
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Rick9(m): 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

No network in my area from r the past few days
That's serious oh
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Rick9(m): 5:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
ola12:

It's what am using, I was given 4GB
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Rick9(m): 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
Darkseid:
If you are on 4GB and if you Subscribe today they will give you 4GB , if you don't subscribe and it expires, when next u subscribe they will give u 1.6 gb so subscribe now oh
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Rick9(m): 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
UGLEEBOI:
I dey flex Glo like kilode... relegated my emptyhen to one palasa like that.

I've being flexing Glo 2.5k for 12Gb. ((Awesome cap)) on my 4g Lte phone and i hotspot it to my PC since November.

I do marathon surfing on my PC like 1/3 of my day, i usually update and download.
Downside is it's kindaf slow... but not as slow as you might think... i downloaded a Photoshop CC exe. Of almost 700mb, it took appro. 15min couple of min. ago...

When you think abt the data caps, Glo is simply priceless.

Glo is really trying
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Rick9(m): 5:20pm On Dec 10, 2017
Glo doesn't zap Data at all,
Imagine only 3days I have used only 300MB out of my 4GB and I use Instagram heavily.
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Darkseid(m): 5:34pm On Dec 10, 2017
Rick9:

If you are on 4GB and if you Subscribe today they will give you 4GB , if you don't subscribe and it expires, when next u subscribe they will give u 1.6 gb so subscribe now oh
Okay, thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Collinz2(m): 5:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
Rick9:

Yes it would be enough, but I wouldn't advise you to use glo to download oh, glo ain't strong for Downloading.
I will use 4G LTE
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Rick9(m): 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
Collinz2:
I will use 4G LTE
I think that's better, I wished my Phone supported 4G
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by dabigjoe6(m): 12:19am On Dec 11, 2017
Collinz2:
what is the code? And how does it work just saturdays and sundays?
Just dial *777# and look for the weekend plan. It's is to work midnight on weekdays but I don't know if it still does I do exhaust before the end of Sunday
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Rick9(m): 10:35am On Dec 11, 2017
Still flexing
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Godwin978(m): 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2017
Rick9:
So I started using Glo again, and I must say that the Network has really improved. I subscribed for 4GB for N1,000 am enjoying it mehn. ...

Well if you must know, Glo is really not that strong for Downloading and Streaming, but it's really great for browsing and chatting,

It can run my WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Yahoo & Gmail and most of my Apps very well,

Glo isn't that bad after all, if you want to download get a Secondary Network like MTN.

If I have heavy files to download, I wait for 12:00 Midnight then I use N100 to subscribe for MTN Night Plan, 500MB on two MTN Sim and download what I need.

Glo is great it saves money.

And another thing I discovered is that, GLO is really fast at Night.

Location - Benin City.

Share your Experience.
who know the speed of glo in akwa ibom am planning of getting the the sim and sub to their data
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by ola12(m): 12:12am On Dec 13, 2017
Rick9:

It's what am using, I was given 4GB
iliyande:

Disregard the zapping rumour....
If you are a new subscriber, you will be given 4gb but if you are not, then you will be given 1.6gb, but there is a way out if you are not a new subscriber. Try this, first subscribe to a small data plan of 50 or 100 and activate it by using little from it then sub the main plan. The small plan will make you eligible for the 150% bonus.

Tnx
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by ola12(m): 12:13am On Dec 13, 2017
Has any1 actually gotten nd used dat 200k credit?
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Spurrs: 6:38am On Dec 13, 2017
I cannot lie,Glo is super blazing in my area... Another advantage is that though they give much data for low prices,they don't sap unlike Mtn tongue embarassed
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by wristbangle: 6:53am On Dec 13, 2017
I am using a 4G compatible phone on Band 28 glo frequency and the experience has been awesome.

- I download an 800MB movie file for 2-4mins.

- Stream live matches seamlessly

- Stream movies on Ifix without any itch of buffering.

Atimes their network can be a bit frustrating but there is a lot improvement for the past 2months.

ola12:

Have been trying to reach out to 121 on this but they are not picking. Guess too much traffic. Would chat with them on Livechat.

1 Like

Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Rick9(m): 4:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
ola12:
I recharged 1000 I was given N5000, I recharged N200 I was given N1000 bonus,

But it's glo to Glo, mtcheewww how many people use Glo sad
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Rick9(m): 5:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
wristbangle:
I
Have been trying to reach out to 121 on this but they are not picking. Guess too much traffic. Would chat with them on Livechat.
Engage them on Twitter @GloCare
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by ola12(m): 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2017
Rick9:

I recharged 1000 I was given N5000, I recharged N200 I was given N1000 bonus,

But it's glo to Glo, mtcheewww how many people use Glo sad
Yh its crap. Myns jst wasting away cos i hv very few glo contacts
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2017
Glo have really stepped up their game cheesy
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by Reeberry: 1:39am On Dec 18, 2017
REB3L:
For those who claim glo in slow. Go to apn settings and change your apn from glo flat to glo secure.
You are sure this will work?
Re: The Glo Thread - Share Your Experience by REB3L(m): 8:28am On Dec 18, 2017
Reeberry:
You are sure this will work?
It improves the network quality considerably.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Itel A11 Hang On Logo / From An Ignorant Novice To A Learner (still Learning) / Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Review and Antutu Benchmark Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.