Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India (26293 Views)

Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest / Nigerian Man Deported From Canada For Killing a Parrot / Cameroonian Man Deported From Turkey, Wrapped In Cling Film As A Luggage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by HeWrites(m): 4:20am On Dec 10, 2017
THE Federal Government has been called upon to widen the scope of its repatriation project to cover not only Nigerians stranded in Libya but also those held in deportation camps in Asian countries such as India and Malaysia.

Speaking with South-East Voice in Abakaliki, a Nigerian who was recently deported from India for having issues with his travelling documents, Mr Chukwudi Onu explained that at least 150 Nigerians were languishing in deportation camp in India.

Narrating his ordeal, Mr Onu who is from Uburu in Ohaozara Local Government Area of Ebonyi State lamented that his wife and three children are still stranded in India following his arrest and deportation in May this year.

“I have been living in India for the past six years, I travelled with my family in December 2011 and on May 15th, I was arrested by Indian Immigration Police over expired visa, from there to deportation camp where I spent over a month before I was deported to Nigeria.” Mr Onu said Indian government had become hostile to Nigerians recently, alleging that even those with valid passports were most times arrested and hauled into deportation camp, only to be released after their papers must have been verified.

He noted that so many Nigerians in the camp had been there for over one year without any hope of returning as they had not been able to raise money for their tickets.

“Yes there were over one thousand, five hundred Nigerians, because in my room, I think we were over 60 and they have over 21 rooms. There are places for Pakistanis and Afghanistans, I think I saw one Polish and an Australian, but the population of Nigerians is 20 to one of other nationals.” Mr Onu explained that his family had been kicked out of their apartment over unpaid bills and could not go to deportation camp because of the harsh treatment being meted out to Nigerians.

“My family is staying in an open church, even to raise money for their air tickets is an uphill task for me. I have been reaching out to the government and Nigerian High Commission in India. Right now, I am appealing to Ebonyi State Government because I am from Uburu in Ohaozara Local Government Area and well-meaning Nigerians to help me rescue my family.”

The deportee said he was worried about the condition of his family as the weather in India presently is too cold, noting that he was paying $800 for their rent from Nigeria until he ran out of cash.

He stated that air ticket for his wife and three children from New Delhi to Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu, would cost a total of $4,000 but would prefer tickets. “Each ticket from New Delhi to Enugu is about N312,000 multiplied by four which is about N1.2 million but I have been able to raise about N200,000 by myself.

I am only appealing to the federal and Ebonyi State governments as well as well meaning Nigerians to assist. I don’t really need the cash, if tickets are bought from any travelling agency, I will send to them.

“I run a restaurant in New Delhi, CJ African Restaurant as well as Medical Tourism Management business to help those on medical trip with necessary logistics.”

Mr Onu, however, blamed himself for his travail pointing out that he failed to renew his papers because he travelled with a medical visa which required that he returns to Nigeria before applying for a permanent visa.

Below is also a mail he sent to media houses;
“My name is Onu James Chukwudi, from Ebonyi State. I was recently deported from India and my family are still stranded in India without any means of survival.
My account was frozen and my restaurant and medical tourism management business closed down over my expired visa.

I was deported without even my shoe laces; my family are have been kicked out of our house over unpaid bills and currently live like refugees and stay in an IDP Camp in New Delhi, India.

The amount for the air fare is N1.3 million which also include the accumulated charges which is charged on a person whose visa has expired on a daily basis by the Indian government.

I appeal to you to use your platform to appeal to well-meaning Nigerians to help me raise money for their air ticket back home.
These are my details in case anyone wants to help out:
Phone: Check below link
Email: Check below link ”

http://www.torimill.com/2017/12/man-deported-from-india-cries-out-for.html

1 Like

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by vincentjk(m): 4:31am On Dec 10, 2017
Eeyah
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Marcofranz(m): 5:56am On Dec 10, 2017
Didn't he save money in Nigeria for 6 good years he didn't save up to 2 million.

10 Likes

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by TheHistorian(m): 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2017
So?

2 Likes

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by donstan18: 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2017
HeWrites:

He note of returning as they had not been able to raise money for their tickets.

“My family is staying in an open church, even to raise money for their air

I am only appealing to the federal and Ebonyi State governments as well as well meaning Nigerians to assist. I don’t really need the cash, if tickets are bought from any travelling agency, I will send to them.

The amount for the air fare is N1.3 million which also include the accumulated charges which is charged on a person whose visa has expired on a daily basis by the Indian government.

I appeal to you to use your platform to appeal to well-meaning Nigerians to help me raise money for their air ticket back home.

Change pattern, this pattern has casted.... Online fraudsters and scammers have been abusing this very style.

Try another style by calling out Adeboye and Oyedepo, they'll have no option than to help.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Sunofgod(m): 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
Make they go embassy..... for their own deportation ticket as they are also illegal immigrants.

Nonsense..,,,

12 Likes

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Bolustical: 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
This thing is very simple, when you want to travel out of the country in search of greener pastures, do it the right way, obey the law of the land and make your documents valid.

But we Nigerians, most especially the Atichukwus will not listen.

Now you expect the Nigerian government that is yet to adequately cater for those in the country to save your soul.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
who send u, you no see better country go ... .nigga deserves some spanking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Bolustical: 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
His co-developers should be able to help out! grin grin grin

I am sure he is part of those people tagging this country a zoo.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by takenadoh: 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
Why India?

2 Likes

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by DICKtator: 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by hardywaltz(m): 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
I honestly don't know what to say...

1 Like

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by ednut1(m): 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2017
Most times we are the cause of our own problems. U no get permanent residence u carry u children india with u. Nawa

16 Likes

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by seuncyrus(m): 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2017
chai
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by BruncleZuma: 2:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Meanwhile Indians dey Middle East dey hustle...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Tellemall: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
"cries out"

This topic trend makes for boring threads.
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by ifeoluwa122: 2:21pm On Dec 10, 2017
Why India those racist and scammers
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Damoche10: 2:21pm On Dec 10, 2017
I wonder what u people always looking for by absconding into another man's country only to turn Nigeria into a burial ground.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by solutiongiver: 2:21pm On Dec 10, 2017
wetin carry ou go india
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by rawtouch: 2:22pm On Dec 10, 2017
angry
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Damoche10: 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
HeWrites:
THE Federal Government has been called upon to widen the scope of its repatriation project to cover not only Nigerians stranded in Libya but also those held in deportation camps in Asian countries such as India and Malaysia.

Speaking with South-East Voice in Abakaliki, a Nigerian who was recently deported from India for having issues with his travelling documents, Mr Chukwudi Onu explained that at least 150 Nigerians were languishing in deportation camp in India.

Narrating his ordeal, Mr Onu who is from Uburu in Ohaozara Local Government Area of Ebonyi State lamented that his wife and three children are still stranded in India following his arrest and deportation in May this year.

“I have been living in India for the past six years, I travelled with my family in December 2011 and on May 15th, I was arrested by Indian Immigration Police over expired visa, from there to deportation camp where I spent over a month before I was deported to Nigeria.” Mr Onu said Indian government had become hostile to Nigerians recently, alleging that even those with valid passports were most times arrested and hauled into deportation camp, only to be released after their papers must have been verified.

He noted that so many Nigerians in the camp had been there for over one year without any hope of returning as they had not been able to raise money for their tickets.

“Yes there were over one thousand, five hundred Nigerians, because in my room, I think we were over 60 and they have over 21 rooms. There are places for Pakistanis and Afghanistans, I think I saw one Polish and an Australian, but the population of Nigerians is 20 to one of other nationals.” Mr Onu explained that his family had been kicked out of their apartment over unpaid bills and could not go to deportation camp because of the harsh treatment being meted out to Nigerians.

“My family is staying in an open church, even to raise money for their air tickets is an uphill task for me. I have been reaching out to the government and Nigerian High Commission in India. Right now, I am appealing to Ebonyi State Government because I am from Uburu in Ohaozara Local Government Area and well-meaning Nigerians to help me rescue my family.”

The deportee said he was worried about the condition of his family as the weather in India presently is too cold, noting that he was paying $800 for their rent from Nigeria until he ran out of cash.

He stated that air ticket for his wife and three children from New Delhi to Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu, would cost a total of $4,000 but would prefer tickets. “Each ticket from New Delhi to Enugu is about N312,000 multiplied by four which is about N1.2 million but I have been able to raise about N200,000 by myself.

“I run a restaurant in New Delhi, CJ African Restaurant as well as Medical Tourism Management business to help those on medical trip with necessary logistics.”

Mr Onu, however, blamed himself for his travail pointing out that he failed to renew his papers because he travelled with a medical visa which required that he returns to Nigeria before applying for a permanent visa.

Below is also a mail he sent to media houses;
“My name is Onu James Chukwudi, from Ebonyi State. I was recently deported from India and my family are still stranded in India without any means of survival.
My account was frozen and my restaurant and medical tourism management business closed down over my expired visa.

I was deported without even my shoe laces; my family are have been kicked out of our house over unpaid bills and currently live like refugees and stay in an IDP Camp in New Delhi, India.

Phone: Check below link
Email: Check below link ”

http://www.torimill.com/2017/12/man-deported-from-india-cries-out-for.html

Helep you raise which money? U no get family wey u dey helep wey don make am? Abi, u dey do chop alone. Tell them to go to the Nigerian Embassy in India, simple!
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by debssycharles(f): 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
The Lord is ur strength.
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Miles300: 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2017
It's illegal to stay illegal in a foreign country ! Hope u find a means to bring ur family back
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2017
This is serious. It is well.
Re: Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India by Tankotanko: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
India too. That one na travel destination. Nigerians don suffer

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 8) / Driver Loses Control And Kills A Child In Anambra (Photos) / Lagos-Badagry Expressway: See The Bad Road Motorists, Residents Go Through Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.