Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Nanny Violently Beats 11 Month Old Baby Left In Her Care - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nanny Violently Beats 11 Month Old Baby Left In Her Care (5821 Views)

Akwa-Ibom Baby Left To Starve & Die For Being A Witch In Healthy-Looking Photos / 4 Year Old Accidentally Kills 11 Month-old Baby In Abuja / Mum Suffocates 11-month-old-son Then Mourns His Death On Facebook (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nanny Violently Beats 11 Month Old Baby Left In Her Care by kadman(m): 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2010
This video made me so damn angry at first, then I felt like crying near the end. It's so sad and uncomfortable to watch, there's a part in the middle where she keeps hitting and hitting my heart was in my mouth I thought she wouldn't stop it was like a horror movie, if that child was a few months younger itwould have died.
Re: Nanny Violently Beats 11 Month Old Baby Left In Her Care by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:29am On Apr 13, 2010
It is unfortunate, but what measures can be taken to prevent such incidents.

I know parents who send their 1yr-olds to creches only to discover months later that the child has lost most motor skills because the caretakers dowse them with Valium so they can sleep until the parents comes to take them home.

There are instances where the child is beaten with a pillow to cause them enough trauma to keep quiet and sleep since there are no visible injuries, the parents take the usual claim that the kid is worn-out from playing all day.

Thinking of getting a dirt-cheap nanny from the village or some waiting-to-go-to-d-university girl to look after your baby, think again. there are instances where these girls are caught sleeping with the house-boy or gate-man or boy-friend right in front of the kid.

The horror stories are endless.

There are agencies that hire-out these nannies and never conduct any sort of psych-profiling before confirming these R.tards
They should be sued for every nickle they have got.

1: How do we ensure that the nannies are balanced mentally
2: Understand the nuances of infant behavior
3: Understand how to handle infants when they cry inconsolably
Re: Nanny Violently Beats 11 Month Old Baby Left In Her Care by nikinash(f): 12:42pm On Apr 22, 2010
Honestly its horrifying when you think of all the things that happen to the little ones. Is it a crime to be little? There will always be evil people no matter what. Thats why one needs to pray really well before engaging creches or helps to look after one's kids.
Re: Nanny Violently Beats 11 Month Old Baby Left In Her Care by rasputinn(m): 5:19am On Apr 27, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

It is unfortunate, but what measures can be taken to prevent such incidents.

I know parents who send their 1yr-olds to creches only to discover months later that the child has lost most motor skills because the caretakers dowse them with Valium so they can sleep until the parents comes to take them home.

There are instances where the child is beaten with a pillow to cause them enough trauma to keep quiet and sleep since there are no visible injuries, the parents take the usual claim that the kid is worn-out from playing all day.

Thinking of getting a dirt-cheap nanny from the village or some waiting-to-go-to-d-university girl to look after your baby, think again. there are instances where these girls are caught sleeping with the house-boy or gate-man or boy-friend right in front of the kid.

The horror stories are endless.

There are agencies that hire-out these nannies and never conduct any sort of psych-profiling before confirming these R.tards
They should be sued for every nickle they have got.

1: How do we ensure that the nannies are balanced mentally
2: Understand the nuances of infant behavior
3: Understand how to handle infants when they cry inconsolably

Much as we may not be able to say that this nanny or that creche 100% meets our expectations,we can howevr do a lot to ensure we get the ones that meet 90% of our expectations
Re: Nanny Violently Beats 11 Month Old Baby Left In Her Care by Sissy3(f): 7:56am On Apr 27, 2010

angry angry extremely sad and scary sad cry sad cry
Re: Nanny Violently Beats 11 Month Old Baby Left In Her Care by rickie4us(m): 5:22pm On Apr 28, 2010
there is this one I was discussing with a friend today while I went to pick up my kids from school. It happened about two weeks ago here in Ibadan. The nanny strangled a two year old boy left in her care to death with a towel.
For those of you who think this story is fake, the lady in question works with Starcomms in Ibadan while her husband works in Eco Bank.
I still think the day care centers are better than having nannies if one does not have other options
Re: Nanny Violently Beats 11 Month Old Baby Left In Her Care by minute(f): 6:34pm On Apr 28, 2010
It's horrible to think that a nanny could be so cruel. undecided undecided undecided

It makes you wonder why she would want to be around any children

if she thought at anytime i may harm you.
Re: Nanny Violently Beats 11 Month Old Baby Left In Her Care by Nekai(f): 3:52am On Jun 27, 2011
Sagamite:

I am not even going to bother clicking on the link.

I can guess it is one of those horrendous videos that would make me temporarily psychotic, fuming, ready and seeking to kill the perpetrator. I have no medicine to take for such feeling at the moment.
I don't want high blood pressure. If I ever see anybody causing immense and evil harm to any child (especially toddler) I am sure I can kill them on the spot (slow killing, that is).

I can't watch either. My heart can't handle these things.  angry angry cry cry angry angry cry cry angry angry

Surely I would murder the person. I don't care if it was my mother, father, brother, sister, in-laws, outlaws, whatever. Why take the job if you know you can't handle children?

(1) (2) (Reply)

His Fiance Is A Virgin: She Says No Until After Wedding / Guys, Would You Let Your Wife Do This To You On Your Wedding Day? / Should I Divorce Her? My Wife Is Dirty And Smells Like Shit!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.