Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. (12325 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 10, 2017
LKO:
My friend is in a dilenma. I would appreciate your frank advise. My friend is about 33 years of age, he holds a HND in Civil Engineering. After service, he decided to open a barbing saloon due to lack of job. Fortunately, March this year, he was able to secure a contract job to work in one of the nation's commercial bank through an outsourcing firm. The pay is about sixty thousand naira. He is complaining bitterly that the job has no growth prospect coupled with the strenous nature of the job. He has handed his barbing saloon to a guy who balances him weekly.

Luckily, he has be selected as a beneficiary of the N Build component of N Power. They may likely be resuming at their training centres by January next year. They would undergo training for three months, then they would be attached to firms for nine months for appretenceship. The stipend is ten thousand naira monthly for the one year, they would be given certificates and lots of work tools to enable them commence work after the programme. His job preference is electrical.

He is really tired of the bank job. He wants to practice his Engineering career. His dream is to become project supervisor someday.

Should he leave the banking job and go for the N power stuff? He is really confused. Candid advise would be appreciated. Please help. Apology for the long story. Thanks.

Apprenticeship is far better than any shitty bank contract job any day, my only reservation is the government being the training provider, but I'd say he goes with Npower, and still fortify by attaching to someone on the side, all these artisans are very willing to teach.

1 Like

Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by kebiru4u2014: 8:11am On Dec 10, 2017
It all depends, for the bank contract job no career progression, no prospect. you can ask people that have spend 8yrs on the job. they will still be frustrated out of the job. as far as you have a shop to sustain you, you can avail yourself with the opportunity to learn the trade since you are an electrical engineering graduate. you can practice what you study develop yourself and create many channels of income for yourself.
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by wordcat(m): 8:16am On Dec 10, 2017
1StopRudeness:
[b]He should go for Npower and after two years come and open another thread of how he is now jobless...(pple just like next to free money)

I'm not saying it's sure that he will be in the commercial bank for two years, but no matter what, he will gain experience, have small pension added to his name, have good job reference in case he wants to leave the bank.
working for a commercial bank can be stressful I agree...but the benefits are also toqhere

Apart from having a good job reference, there is nothing else he will benefit in that his bank job.

He should leave the two jobs and go back to his barbing salon, builds himself there and open more barbing salon.
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by JohnsonEmma(m): 8:18am On Dec 10, 2017
He should go for the bank job and forget about npower, the experience and exposure in the bank job will aid him a lot and moreover, na God dey bless person. Proudly #teamfirstbank
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by emu22(m): 8:21am On Dec 10, 2017
In a sane society,I would advice him to follow his dream and go for d N-build but not in a society like ours,You have a job,keep it cherish it and love it,I used to complain about the bank stress but when I lost my job at d bank last November, I realised that being jobless is more stressful.

3 Likes

Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by thunderbabs: 8:29am On Dec 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Pick NPower.

Become a ghost worker then take the bank job.

Early Christmas...the very first time i agree to NwaAmaikpe's comment....Something better is coming for me.....this is a good sign... grin

Bro, dnt mind me messing with u buh still a fact u smoke some strange igbo..... grin i guess bcoz its an early sunday morning, u v not gone dere, tongue u know, dt joint

1 Like

Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by LKO(m): 8:33am On Dec 10, 2017
Many thanks to you all for your kind contributions. I really appreciate. More contributions please.
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by talk2emma: 9:03am On Dec 10, 2017
Cant believe somebody want to live his job for north empowerment (NP) buhari is a fool
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 10, 2017
1StopRudeness:
He should go for Npower and after two years come and open another thread of how he is now jobless...(pple just like next to free money)

I'm not saying it's sure that he will be in the commercial bank for two years, but no matter what, he will gain experience, have small pension added to his name, have good job reference in case he wants to leave the bank.
working for a commercial bank can be stressful I agree...but the benefits are also there...and u never can tell, growth can come from anywhere from the same bank or another company. Na God dey send help and give promotion.

I love this
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by 400billionman: 10:00am On Dec 10, 2017
LKO:
My friend is in a dilenma. I would appreciate your frank advise. My friend is about 33 years of age, he holds a HND in Civil Engineering. After service, he decided to open a barbing saloon due to lack of job. Fortunately, March this year, he was able to secure a contract job to work in one of the nation's commercial bank through an outsourcing firm. The pay is about sixty thousand naira. He is complaining bitterly that the job has no growth prospect coupled with the strenous nature of the job. He has handed his barbing saloon to a guy who balances him weekly.

Luckily, he has be selected as a beneficiary of the N Build component of N Power. They may likely be resuming at their training centres by January next year. They would undergo training for three months, then they would be attached to firms for nine months for appretenceship. The stipend is ten thousand naira monthly for the one year, they would be given certificates and lots of work tools to enable them commence work after the programme. His job preference is electrical.

He is really tired of the bank job. He wants to practice his Engineering career. His dream is to become project supervisor someday.

Should he leave the banking job and go for the N power stuff? He is really confused. Candid advise would be appreciated. Please help. Apology for the long story. Thanks.

How will you compare N10,000 stipend with N60,000 salary ?

Success comes with sacrifice and discomfort.

When you see successful people, most poor people think they are just Lucky.

Its a fat lie.

You want to sleep till 7am daily and be successful. No rich man does that.
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by 400billionman: 10:06am On Dec 10, 2017
1StopRudeness:
He should go for Npower and after two years come and open another thread of how he is now jobless...(pple just like next to free money)

working for a commercial bank can be stressful I agree...but the benefits are also there...and u never can tell, growth can come from anywhere from the same bank or another company. Na God dey send help and give promotion.

His friend is lazy and short sighted..

He doesn't want to pay any price for success.

If truely he has been surviving on barbing saloon, that means he can save N50,000 a month from the bank job. That is N1,200,000 savings after 2 years.

No vision, no discipline.
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by delpee(f): 10:11am On Dec 10, 2017
@Op
If you truly want to build a career in engineering, go for N-Build for training. You can sustain yourself with the barbing salon if your cashflow from that source is good enough. The banking sector doesn't have a career plan for contract staff. Ask those who have been at it for 5 years and more. Except you're converted to regular staff, you can easily be affected anytime there's need to downsize or they need new hands. However you have the option of developing yourself along that line by taking banking exams.You can also apply to other banks for regular employment with your current experience.

If you choose to stay in the bank for immediate job security, there are technical institutions around where you can do short practical courses. You can also devote part of your weekends to learning from reputable technicians and artisans. There are many areas of interest in the engineering field and there's dearth of good hands. If you're really interested and devote your attention to it, you'll excel.

1 Like

Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by jetz(m): 10:11am On Dec 10, 2017
can someone relate biko 10k stipend and 60k salary tha diff is quite clear enough....N-Build sucks at tha long last
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:30am On Dec 10, 2017
Since he wants a career in engineering, I will advice him to choose Nbuild. Banking job no be better job, especially when you are a contract staff.

1 Like

Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by 400billionman: 10:31am On Dec 10, 2017
EHIRIMCHA:
Ur friend is a lazy man that's why he's considering d n-power job.wot a shame

That's the kind of youths we have today. Get everything for nothing.

Just attending bank training school will open his eyes to reality.
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by nazablossom(f): 11:42am On Dec 10, 2017
Npower build is a nice initiative by the government but the Problem is that you cannot bet on it's continuity. I am currently an Npower beneficiary but if I see a better offer I would gladly move on. He should continue with his banking job but he should have a plan, maybe map out particular amount of money as savings every month no matter how inconvenient it might be. As time goes by he may still practice his career.
Good luck to him
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2017
wordcat:

Apart from having a good job reference, there is nothing else he will benefit in that his bank job.

He should leave the two jobs and go back to his barbing salon, builds himself there and open more barbing salon.

Seriously...

Well, I you say so...
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
SirMichael1:

Pension?? Contract staff?? Dunno sha

It's banking, everyone gets paid pension even gatemen...it might be small but everyone is entitle to 10percent basic, transport and housing,

1 Like

Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by Showboie22(m): 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
Honourably choose the bank job and also choose the npower and make sure you are a ghost worker collecting the Npower money,Shikena.
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by Ejadike(m): 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
Fxmanager:
Tell your friend to contact us.
Are you into forex?
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 10, 2017
Truly, your friend's village people have beclouded his sense of reasoning
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by Fxmanager(m): 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ejadike:
Are you into forex?
Yes, we have up to ten years experience in it. This is a fund management company with a lucrative opportunity for not only your friend, but every unemployed, and under-employed Nigerian and Nairaland members in this forum, though the opportunity is yet to be publicly announced and will be publicly announce by the end of this month or first week of January.
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by Ejadike(m): 4:27am On Dec 11, 2017
Fxmanager:
Yes, we have up to ten years experience in it. This is a fund management company with a lucrative opportunity for not only your friend, but every unemployed, and under-employed Nigerian and Nairaland members in this forum, though the opportunity is yet to be publicly announced and will be publicly announce by the end of this month or first week of January.
nice. So what do u need to get started?
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by Ejadike(m): 6:15am On Dec 11, 2017
LKO:

Your friend isn't alone. I also work with the bank but I have an offer to practice what I studied as an Estate surveyor with tge same pay as the bank but its outside Lagos( Enugu). I don't even know if I should take it cos I don't know anybody there.
Re: Between N-poower (n-build) And A Bank Job. by Fxmanager(m): 9:57am On Dec 11, 2017
Ejadike:
nice. So what do u need to get started?
The opportunity is not yet open to the public. Contact us on our whatsapp number. Check our profile signature by visiting our profile link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/Fxmanager

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Proven Ways To Play Office Politics! / Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues / State Government Work Or Bank Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.