Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,740 members, 7,802,252 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Ooni Inaugurated Hall Of Fame, Anthem In Ikere Ekiti - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Inaugurated Hall Of Fame, Anthem In Ikere Ekiti (917 Views)

Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State / Photos Of Lugard Hall In Kaduna That Is 106 Year Old / No More Olukere In Ikere, As Ogoga Abrogates Controversial Title- Independent Ne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Inaugurated Hall Of Fame, Anthem In Ikere Ekiti by toyinakomolafe(m): 6:24am On Dec 10, 2017
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, has urged the people of Ikere in Ekiti State to support their monarch, the Ogoga of Ikere, Oba Adejimi Adu Alagbado, in the interest of the overall development of the town. Oba Ogunwusi who made the call on Saturday at Ogoga’s palace during the official inauguration of Ikere Hall of Fame and the launch of Ikere anthem, also advised indigenes to allow peace to reign in the town.

The Ikere Hall of Fame project was bankrolled by a friend of the Ogoga and businessman, Chief Dimeji Isiaka. The Arole Oodua who expressed satisfaction with development witnessed in the community since Oba Alagbado mounted the throne in 2015, said his ascension to the Ogoga stool was divine and never a mistake. According to him, Oba Alagbado has made history by building a new palace and mobilizing philanthropists to give the town an administrative building as well as a Hall of Fame, within two years of his ascension to the throne.

Oba Ogunwusi said: “When you have a good leader, there will be peace, there will be progress, there will be development and God has given you a new King in Ikere who is humble, progressive and handsome. God has blessed Ikere with illustrious sons and daughters; and God has blessed Ogoga with brain and his choice as King was not a mistake. You have not seen anything yet in terms of development.

Other traditional rulers who witnessed the event include the Chairman of Ekiti State Council of Obas, Oloye of Oye, Oba Oluwole Ademolaju; the Attah of Ayede, Oba Adebayo Orisagbemi; the Alara of Aramoko, Oba Adegoke Adeyemi and the Obalufon Alayemore of Efon, Oba Emmanuel Aladejare. The event featured homages to the monarchs and cultural dances.
Re: Ooni Inaugurated Hall Of Fame, Anthem In Ikere Ekiti by benuejosh: 6:57am On Dec 10, 2017
Ikere-Ekiti. I did my NYSC there. A very Lovely town, peaceful and fun.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Inaugurated Hall Of Fame, Anthem In Ikere Ekiti by toyinakomolafe(m): 8:50am On Dec 10, 2017
Good! Hope you enjoyed yourself while there. The town is wearing a new look of recent. Kudos to the king and governor Fayose
benuejosh:
Ikere-Ekiti. I did my NYSC there. A very Lovely town, peaceful and fun.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Inaugurated Hall Of Fame, Anthem In Ikere Ekiti by benuejosh: 11:32am On Dec 10, 2017
toyinakomolafe:
Good! Hope you enjoyed yourself while there. The town is wearing a new look of recent. Kudos to the king and governor Fayose
oh yes. I was there when he did the commissioning of the dual carriage road. I've got very good friends there that i would keep visiting.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Inaugurated Hall Of Fame, Anthem In Ikere Ekiti by toyinakomolafe(m): 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2017
Oh great! Ikere is a place to be.
benuejosh:
oh yes. I was there when he did the commissioning of the dual carriage road. I've got very good friends there that i would keep visiting.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says / 5 Things You Should Know About The Fulani People (number 5 Will Shock You!) / Igbo:here's Why There Is A Possibility That This Tribe Is From Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.