Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Those Who Would Never Believe, Even If You Raise The Dead Before Them - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Those Who Would Never Believe, Even If You Raise The Dead Before Them (425 Views)

Iyke Oriaku: How I Used To Lie To Raise Money For God / What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? / How Bishop Oyedepo, Winners Chapel Raise The Dead On Easter Sunday (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Would Never Believe, Even If You Raise The Dead Before Them by lightblazingnow(m): 8:31am On Dec 10, 2017
There are folks who wouldn't accept CHRIST JESUS as lord no matter how you try to present him to them. even if you raise the dead before their very eyes, they will never accept it, they will still not admit that he is the lord of all.

1. The religious Law makers: these set of people will never want to see anyone higher than them in authority, I mean someone climbing up to unseat them, position they have occupied even before the fellow was born. it will amount to them plotting against you, either to eliminate you or get rid of you to maintain their status quo.

example of these played on during the earthly ministry of our lord and saviour Jesus Christ

John 5:8 Jesus said unto him, the paralyzed man, Rise, take up your bed, and walk.

5:9 And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.

5:10 The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for you to carry your bed.
5:11 He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up your bed, and walk.

5:12 Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto you, Take up your bed, and walk? 5:13 And he that was healed did not know who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.

it is very glaring that a good deed have been done yet some folks are not happy, revise it and put them into such conditions, for thirty eight years, this man had been sick needing healing, and in a split second he got his healing, yet some folks says it should be revised. horrible people. please avoid them like plague.

2. Occultists. these ones have been working iniquity even before the days when light appeared out of darkness and darkness can not comprehend the ever shining light of God Almighty. they have a coven that if you don't belong to their association they tend to question your source of power, and they wouldn't believe that you are different from them, they will only accuse you of using a higher power than they.

Luke 11:14 And Jesus Christ was casting out a devil, from a dumb man. And it came to pass, when the devil was gone out, the dumb spoke; and the people wondered.

11:15 But some of them said, He cast's out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils.

11:16 And others, tempting him, sought of him a sign from heaven.

11:17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house is fallen.

11:18 If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because you say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.

11:19 And if I by Beelzebub's cast out devils, by whom do your sons ( his disciples ) cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges.

11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

11:21 When a strong man armed keeping his palace, his goods are in peace: 11:22 But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he takes from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divides his spoils.

11:23 He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathers not with me is scattering.

11:24 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walks through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he says, I will return unto my house whence I came out. 11:25 And when he comes, he finds it swept and garnished.

11:26 Then goes he, and takes to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

11:27 And it came to pass, as he spoke these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare you, and the paps which you had sucked.

11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it. Amen
Re: Those Who Would Never Believe, Even If You Raise The Dead Before Them by Hiccups: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2017
shocked

In most cases, Miracle play little role in converting anyone. The devil does miracle as well. Besides conversion is a process, holding a bible and attending church doesn't mean you are converted. Peter was with Christ, saw most miracles yet was instructed 'when thou art converted'. There's more to conversion that surpass humans. Whereas Preaching may help non-believers change, Our life seems the most effective tools when combined with preaching and the right spirit.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Would Never Believe, Even If You Raise The Dead Before Them by marshalldgreat(m): 8:37am On Dec 10, 2017
Re: Those Who Would Never Believe, Even If You Raise The Dead Before Them by lightblazingnow(m): 9:02am On Dec 10, 2017
Hiccups:
shocked

In most cases, Miracle play little role in converting anyone. The devil does miracle as well. Besides conversion is a process, holding a bible and attending church doesn't mean you are converted. Peter was with Christ, saw most miracles yet was instructed 'when thou art converted'. There's more to conversion that surpass humans. Whereas Preaching may help non-believers change, Our life seems the most effective tools when combined with preaching and the right spirit.

Well said, but then you didn't hit the nail
Re: Those Who Would Never Believe, Even If You Raise The Dead Before Them by Hiccups: 9:18am On Dec 10, 2017
lightblazingnow:

Well said, but then you didn't hit the nail

Well it's not my write up and I may not have to. However, issues like this are mostly relative. Those who have never been part of other faith usually have different set of reasons to those from a contrary background.
Re: Those Who Would Never Believe, Even If You Raise The Dead Before Them by lightblazingnow(m): 9:30am On Dec 10, 2017
Hiccups:

Well it's not my write up and I may not have to. However, issues like this are mostly relative. Those who have never been part of other faith usually have different set of reasons to those from a contrary background.

I mean analysing the unbelievable antics of some folks. Everything you said is alright. But I am referring to the matter at hand.
Re: Those Who Would Never Believe, Even If You Raise The Dead Before Them by orisa37: 11:02am On Dec 10, 2017
It's a Matter of F A I T H and God's Pleasure to reconsider the Atheist.
Re: Those Who Would Never Believe, Even If You Raise The Dead Before Them by orisa37: 11:22am On Dec 10, 2017
That's what Jesus mean that we must be BORN AGAIN to enter The Kingdom of God. Those who are truly Born Again know it and are eternally reliable to God. Satan do Magic not Miracle. Satan is wicked not Powerful. All are contained and controlled in God's Pleasures.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(tue. 19/12/2017) Student For Life! / 2018 RCCG Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye. / Atheist VS Belivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.