Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

"Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu (37147 Views)

You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin / Benin People ‘owned’ Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them —erelu Abiola Dosunmu / I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by bionixs: 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:
Well said Ma..My western brothers will soon call you Ipobian.
In those days Eko lagos was a bini war camp from where the binis captured yoruba slaves like exotic monkeys ad auctioned them off as (gbanjo) give away price in the market..
I heard that yoruba slaves where too much in all the bini slave market that if you buy one you get two free.
are you kiddddddddding me? buying Afonj ... one and get two free? well shaa,dem no get power to work,less valued
. man's inhumanity to man

4 Likes

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by bionixs: 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:

Sum people will soon come here ad tell us one mumu story of how one Jazz man olofin abi na olofijana migrate from Mars come build lagos. cheesy
hahahahaahahahahahah! Na so dem dey take cunning,cunning get things

1 Like

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by delpee(f): 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2017
How come the Idejos who are Aworis own the land irrespective of the Oba? The Obas territory in reality is just the "eko camp" (Lagos Island) or more appropriately Isale Eko. The Oniru for instance seems to own and oversee land (outside government acquisition) from VI towards Lekki.

Theres a story about how the Aworis migrated from Ile Ife to Lagos. Erelu is not telling the truth. Probably she's trying to safeguard the interests of the descendants of King Ado.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by codemaniacs: 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2017
zz
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by bionixs: 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
Guyman02:
My Yoruba in-laws, the person saying this is 'Abiola Dosunmu' and not Okechukwu, please don't derail this thread by mentioning Igbos, they have no dog in this fight between Bini and Awoori Yorubas.
Thank you.
Now Igbos can pick up their popcorn and watch as they battle unfolds grin grin
the generations of that woman will stay great for saying this bitter truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by baby124: 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
delpee:
How come the Idejos who are Aworis own the land irrespective of the Oba? The Obas territory in reality is just the "eko camp" (Lagos Island) or more appropriately Isale Eko. The Oniru for instance seems to own and oversee land (outside government acquisition) from VI towards Lekki.

Theres a story about how the Aworis migrated from Ile Ife to Lagos. Erelu is not telling the truth. Probably she's trying to safeguard the interests of the descendants of King Ado.
I think there is a silent tussel. The Idejo’s probably want the kingship. They are richer than the Oba. Very rich in fact. Oba might be trying to fight for his life with these useless stories.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by BakireBulmaker: 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
Mtcheeew

Binis met Aworis in Lagos.

Aworis are Yorubas

Oba of Lagos was only Bini for 2 generations.

The father of the 3rd Oba of Lagos was the high priest, an Ijesha man.

Chikena!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by codemaniacs: 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
zz
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Omoikarekimire(m): 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
The Bini's sha met some people and conquered them.then that means those people are the first settlers.Case closed.
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
Chukazu:
it's been long I heard from this amazing woman.

it seems the current Oba relegated her to the background after the death of her brother ,the previous Obaundecided

What is amazing about a career-höe who spent her entire life hopping from one rich man's dīck to the other?

1 Like

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Reference(m): 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
Alaska90:

My brother its difficult for me to even reply the woman. There so many lies in her attempt to rewrite history. The Aworis have been in Lagos area before any other group of people including ijebu, bini, ondo etc came to Lagos.The woman said Lagos was an extension of Bini Kingdom ( another big lie). So if this was true, then the ijebus, ondos, ilaje and other group along the way to Lagos from bini were at one time under bini empire too, but this never happened (no historical data to supprt this). Oyo empire controlled most present Yoruba land even up to Dahomey in present day republic of Benin. The dahomey king was even paying tax to Oyo empire at one time (historical fact).

Another lie that is common is that Lagos was a military camp for bini empire ( grin grin grin). But the question is military camp for which war? war with Oyo empire or with who? The true is that bini kingdom never had military capability for such expedition.The books are there for people to read but they wont my brother.

And who wrote those books....who won't have a biased view of history. Sorry, the origins of Lagos remain unclear. I think the answers may lie somewhere in the libraries and imperial archives in London and Lisbon.
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by baby124: 6:13pm On Dec 10, 2017
Reference:

And who wrote those books....who won't have a biased view of history. Sorry, the origins of Lagos remain unclear. I think the answers may lie somewhere in the libraries and imperial archives in London and Lisbon.
Oyinbo do not know our history more than us. Even they claimed Lagos was the pride of the Yoruba. You think we are like your ancestors wandering about with no known history?

1 Like

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by livinbygrace: 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
poseidon12:
So, the bottom line is that Lagos is owned by the Bini. It is interesting to hear this from the likes of Erelu Dosunmu. And some loud mouths were claiming that the Aworis came here before the Binis.

Keep quiet,she is referring to part of Lagos island and not the whole Lagos state.I hope you know the meaning of IBILE ?
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by BakireBulmaker: 6:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:
In those days Eko lagos was a bini war camp from where the binis captured yoruba slaves like exotic monkeys ad auctioned them off as (gbanjo) give away price in the market..
I heard that yoruba slaves where too much in all the bini slave market that if you buy one you get two free.

Looonatic flatiyeasterners are very predictable.

They must display raw lunacy with full force.
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by robotix: 6:21pm On Dec 10, 2017
codemaniacs:

there is no relationship between india and America. the people you refer to as American Indians are black americans..
the owners of US are black americans who went there on ships from Africa, American indians is just another African ethnic group whose physical features evolved due to mixing..
chai I Don die. So u had to distort history to suite your ideologies? Even the devils is a learner for Where people like you dey
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Born2Breed(f): 6:23pm On Dec 10, 2017
I have stated it severally on this fora and others without mincing words.

Those who have divergent views against that of OBA of LAGOS, Prince Ajayi and ERELU DOSUNMU are children of slaves.

How can you come from one village in Ogun or Osun or Oyo or Kwara and try to re-write the history of EKO!!!

ERELU has said it all and the children of angered returnee slaves can keep wailing.

EDO OKPAMAKHIN..... OBA YAN EDO YA S'EKO.

EDO ORISI'AGBON!!!

EDO ORI'ODION!!!

OBA GHA TO KPERE!!!

areafada1
kingovoranmen
ritababe
edonation
edopikin
opal4real

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by codemaniacs: 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
zz
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by infofta(m): 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
BakireBulmaker:
Mtcheeew

Binis met Aworis in Lagos.

Aworis are Yorubas

Oba of Lagos was only Bini for 2 generations.

The father of the 3rd Oba of Lagos was the high priest, an Ijesha man.

Chikena!

And Oduduwa was the king in Ile Ife. Oduduwa was a Bini Prince banished from Benin kingdom

http://www.edoworld.net/The_Origin_of_Benin.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by robotix: 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
codemaniacs:

Even from this topic, the person is trying to distort history to suite her ideology...

European Americans distort history to suite their ideologies and people like you accept their version grin grin grin
Na WA o. American Indians own America... Those in Hawaii still speak their dialect till date. They were over powered by European immigrants
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by codemaniacs: 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
zz
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by seunmsg(m): 6:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
This version of history from the Bini princess is nothing but a complete hogwash. Awori owns Lagos and that is not in dispute. The Oba of Lagos island has no traditional authority beyond Lagos island. Lagos is far bigger than Lagos island so limiting who owns Lagos to the royalty of Lagos island is very silly and illogical.
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by codemaniacs: 6:40pm On Dec 10, 2017
zz
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by ritababe(f): 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
Born2Breed:

Those who have divergent views against that of OBA of LAGOS, Prince Ajayi and ERELU DOSUNMU are children of slaves.

How can you come from one village in Ogun or Osun or Oyo or Kwara and try to re-write the history of EKO!!!

ERELU has said it all and the children of angered returnee slaves can keep wailing.

EDO ORISI'AGBON!!!

EDO ORI'ODION!!!

OBA GHA TO KPERE!!!

areafada1
kingovoranmen
ritababe
edonation
edopikin
opal4real

ise' ee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by BakireBulmaker: 6:48pm On Dec 10, 2017
infofta:

And Oduduwa was the king in Ile Ife. Oduduwa was a Bini Prince banished from Benin kingdom

http://www.edoworld.net/The_Origin_of_Benin.html

How can you affirm that Yorubas will never have that.

Yorubas and Binis agree that Oranmiyan (son/grandson of Oduduwa) from Ile Ife is the father of all Obas of Benin.

Let us stick to that.
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Kakamorufu(m): 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2017
Make dem come take their land back na
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by macof(m): 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2017
goaldynman:

Says a motor park tout!
like your father? sad

Who made you an authority in History?!!

I'm not an authority, i just happen to have dedicated much time and energy on Yoruba history
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Adefemiaderoju1: 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2017
If true bini people was the first settler in lagos how come we dont see their influence in Yoruba people like culture, etc go to bini you will see Yoruba foot � mark, influence, culture, like name etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by BakireBulmaker: 6:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
Born2Breed:

EDO ORISI'AGBON!!!

EDO ORI'ODION!!!

OBA GHA TO KPERE!!!

areafada1
kingovoranmen
ritababe
edonation
edopikin
opal4real

Your Edo rants begin and end on NL.

The few Lagosians with Edo ancestry can never rewrite the history of Lagos.

They are clowns like you. Only on NL will you hear them. Nobody takes them serious.

Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by BakireBulmaker: 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
Adefemiaderoju1:
If true bini people was the first settler in lagos how come we dont see their influence in Yoruba people like culture, etc go to bini you will see Yoruba foot � mark, influence, culture, like name etc

Don't mind the mofos.

Go to the heart of Benin including the palace and see pure Yoruba imprints everywhere.

Bunch of clowns.

3 Likes

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by jk1e(m): 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
Well said,lagos was part of Benin empire before the arrival of the colonial masters,most people are aware of the Benin massacrer which led to the fall of the empire,but the kingdom is still in existence.proudly Benin Prince.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by oodua1stson: 6:56pm On Dec 10, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:
too bad nowadays when you buy one Benin prostitute in Libya you get her brother and sister for free
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by macof(m): 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ikengawo:

Ado = Bini
yes, Some yorubas call Bini Ado but Ado-odo has nothing to do with Bini, it was founded as one of the first Awori towns...Aworis came from Ife and moved further south, so they founded Ado-odo before even Ido(the ancient Awori capital)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' / Deposition: Your Pronouncements Not Binding On Me, Ayiri Tells Olu Of Warri / Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.