Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,504 members, 7,808,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed (39010 Views)

See What Paul Adefarasin Said About The Lord's Prayer & Reactions / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Bahddo(m): 7:52am On Dec 11, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

FROM DAY ONE!

ONLY THAT IT'S MORE DIFFICULT NOW, THERE ARE SO MANY COPIES OF THE BIBLE, ALMOST IN EVERY CORNER.

UNLIKE BEFORE THAT THERE WAS JUST ONE, IN THE HANDS OF THE POPE.

I REALLY FEEL SAD FOR THESE PENTECOSTALS USUALLY BASHING THE CATHOLICS AND THEIR DOCTRINES.

THEY DON'T KNOW THAT THE BIBLE IN CIRCULATION TODAY IS THE WORK OF ROME, NOT ANY GODS'.
don't be ignorant. There was never 'just one [copy of the Bible], in the hands of the pope'.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by barcaboi(m): 8:03am On Dec 11, 2017
desreek9:
I've always wondered what they mean when they say "and lead us not into temptation" even Jesus Christ was tempted three times.

op abeg remove that "catholics and pentecostals", pentecostals dnt recite that undecided
pentecostals don't recite the Lord's prayer? tell me more
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Chron1cle(m): 8:16am On Dec 11, 2017
Raiyell:

Mumu
What a pig with an empty skull. Dirty thing.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Theboss100(m): 9:32am On Dec 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The Antichrist will come from the Catholic church.
How will anyone want to rewrite or give value to the words of Jesus Christ?

The pope can brainwash his Catholics,
But he should not try it with me if not I'd use a bible to smash his head.
stop living in stone age.
The correct prayer is.
OUR FATHER, WHO ART IN HEAVEN. HALLOWED BE THY NAME, THY KINGDOM HAS COME. THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS DONE IN HEAVEN. AND LEAVE US NOT IN TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL. AMEN.
PRAY THIS PRAYER EVERYDAY AND NOTHING URE LOOKING FOR THAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN YHE PRAYER. GOD BLESSS.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Smeago007(m): 9:54am On Dec 11, 2017
what a generation of modification of Gods words
is the bible a constitution that needs reviewing at times

2 Timothy 3:16-17 New International Version (NIV)
All Scripture is with the inspiration of God and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

we are now correction the bible
oh God!!!

catholics why

no wonder Jesus said
Out of the inspiration of God said
Mathew 15 vs 9
in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

Here's what the bible has to say about potential editors and modifiers
Matthew 5:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Hear o perverted generation

Flee from evil
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by makoota: 9:55am On Dec 11, 2017
Malcolm101:
You Mean The Way His Church Wants To Include Gay & Lez In The Bible?

make hin go sitedown.
What do u mean? Catholic church is in the forefront of opposition against gay marriage.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by makoota: 10:00am On Dec 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What u are reading from the English bi le were all translated. Linguistic is a very hard course to do when it comes to translation. Some languages dont have words others have and while translating it becomes a problem. It is the problem of translation. I think the pope is right.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Aquina: 10:13am On Dec 11, 2017
Even the BIBLE , YOUR CHURCH USE TODAY IS FROM CATHOLIC CHURCH.the POPE has the right to give a correct translation.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by haftob(m): 10:22am On Dec 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Are they just changing verses from the bible?
They've been doing it since the king James era.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by saintmark88(m): 10:41am On Dec 11, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
very true no one is to judge.According to some scholars constantine actually became a Christian on his deathbed and a lot of scholars also believed his reason for hosting the council of nicea was actually to stop the confusing doctrines a lot of bishops had then and merge a lot of practices with some pagan beliefs to create a state religion. I was wrong to have said he wasn't a true Christian i just went with the idea of some scholars, nor vex.

I still have a problem with this pagan belief merging with Christianity, what do u mean by merging pagan belief with Christianity, if I may ask......
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Prosper123: 10:52am On Dec 11, 2017
What of one of the ten commandment that catholics removed. The one about having graven image. Will the pope correct that one. Afterall, I think it is more important than the Lord's prayer. Just saying
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by vikturaikay(m): 11:08am On Dec 11, 2017
Get your facts right b4 you start fooling yourself online. Christians everywhere recites the Lord's prayer. Google is still your friend if you are not a Christian. Shalom
desreek9:
I've always wondered what they mean when they say "and lead us not into temptation" even Jesus Christ was tempted three times.

op abeg remove that "catholics and pentecostals", pentecostals dnt recite that undecided
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 11, 2017
musicwriter:

I was talking about the first documents from where the old testament itself was copied.

There was no Greek 4,000 years ago when the scriptures were writtem in Papyrus!!. By this time the old testament was already written. I didn't say translated.

All the ancient scriptures were written with Papyrus which grows along the river Nile.

Don't allow Europeans fool you. They're claiming a history that's older than their civilization!!.
Ok but even if you are talking about the Old Testament, it wasn't written in Amharic language. Because Amharic only appeared in 1st millennium AD. It might have been written first in another Ethiopian or language that were spoken around the Nile river.

You are right that Europeans are claiming what isn't theirs. I hope Africa is in the last phase of the dark age. A lot of awareness is being given to Africans about their history. The stealing won't last long.

I read online that the exodus happened from Ethiopia to Yemen not from Egypt to Israel. What do you say about it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hati13:

Ok but even if you are talking about the Old Testament, it wasn't written in Amharic language. Because Amharic only appeared in 1st millennium AD. It might have been written first in another Ethiopian or language that were spoken around the Nile river.

You are right that Europeans are claiming what isn't theirs. I hope Africa is in the last phase of the dark age. A lot of awareness is being given to Africans about their history. The stealing won't last long.

I read online that the exodus happened from Ethiopia to Yemen not from Egypt to Israel. What do you say about it?
LOL
Is there even any Egyptian record of Jewish mass emigration from ancient Egypt?

And who exactly was the Pharaoh during the time of Moses? ?
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 11, 2017
imhotep:

LOL
Is there even any Egyptian record of Jewish mass emigration from ancient Egypt?

And who exactly was the Pharaoh during the time of Moses? ?
The person who said about Ethiopia to Yemen exodus also mentioned your points. I think ppl believe in Egypt to Israel exodus because the Old Testament say so. There is lots of corruption happened to human history. It's very frustrating.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hati13:

The person who said about Ethiopia to Yemen exodus also mentioned your points. I think ppl believe in Egypt to Israel exodus because the Old Testament say so. There is lots of corruption happened to human history. It's very frustrating.
Yes my biggest worry is the Pharaoh who has NO NAME in the exodus story.

The Nubian pharaoh Taharqa is mentioned in 2 Kings 19:9 and Isaiah 37:9
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by musicwriter(m): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hati13:

Well, I' am not a language expert to know when Ahramic language first appeared. I was quoting an Egyptologist and expert on this topic, Professor Yosef Ben Joachannan, in his book, African origins of the major western religions. I have it in audio book and can email it to you, if you like.

Whatever the language the first scriptures written, it must have been the language spoken along the Nile where Moses was born. According to the bible and Torah, Moses was born along the river Nile, not in the Middle East, not in Europe.

Yes, indeed, the Exodus story must have happened from East Africa to Arabia or Yemen enroute Canaan. Anybody who places a map and the bible side by side can figure it out themselves. I wrote something about that sometime ago. See link www.africason.com/2016/01/the-lost-history-why-was-black-history.html?m=1

Important; There's a well researched documentary at the bottom of the article that throws even more light on this. Make sure to watch it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:54pm On Dec 11, 2017
saintmark88:

I still have a problem with this pagan belief merging with Christianity, what do u mean by merging pagan belief with Christianity, if I may ask......
The introduction of Julian Calendar had eight days.Later on the popularity of the eight day weeks diminished.In Rome constantine the Roman emperor made the seven day week official in AD 321.It is widely believed that the days of the week were named after pagan gods,just like months of the year in the Gregorian calendar. It is believed that constantine changed the Christian day of worship from Saturday to Sunday in honour of the sun god (the cult of sol invictus).Also the day of Christmas 25th of December to honour the sun god.That is why Santa Claus the elves and others that are associated with Christmas are believed to have pagan mythology and why some churches do not celebrate christmas.That was part of the changes constant brought into Christianity and also why some critics accuse the Roman catholic church of links to paganism and not true Christianity. These are the things i researched from the internet and none is my personal opinion.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 11, 2017
musicwriter:

Well, I' am not a language expert to know when Ahramic language first appeared. I was quoting an Egyptologist and expert on this topic, Professor Yosef Ben Joachannan, in his book, African origins of the major western religions. I have it in audio book and can email it to you, if you like.

Whatever the language the first scriptures written, it must have been the language spoken along the Nile where Moses was born. According to the bible and Torah, Moses was born along the river Nile, not in the Middle East, not in Europe.

Yes, indeed, the Exodus story must have happened from East Africa to Arabia or Yemen enroute Canaan. Anybody who places a map and the bible side by side can figure it out themselves. I wrote something about that sometime ago. See link www.africason.com/2016/01/the-lost-history-why-was-black-history.html?m=1

Important; There's a well researched documentary at the bottom of the article that throws even more light on this. Make sure to watch it.
I've read the info in the link. I'm currently not on WIFI, so I will watch the video in your blog when it's available to me.

Good work brother. You made a lot of good points. This is what we need. Raising awareness about the true Africa history and the lie Europeans told for the last 2 millennium. The ancient Greeks were relatively honest than other Europeans. They credited African civilizations for their own achievements. They said Blacks; especially Cushites to be God chosen and the most beautiful ppl. Read the great info in this pdf link,
http://www.metaphysicspirit.com/books/Wonderful%20Ethiopians%20of%20the%20Ancient%20Cushite%20Empire.pdf

Here in Ethiopia, our forefathers always imagined Jesus, Adam or any other Biblical characters as Black. There is a funny saying which says, some ppl are very dark because God cooked them very much. Some ppl are white because God didn't cooked them well. But some ppl are brown/medium black (Ethiopians) because God cooked them well. lol. I'm not a believer in any religion, but I believe that the man Jesus, Israelis and Egyptians were Black. But the white men are doing their best in spreading their lies to the population here for the last century. They even were trying to whitewash our history, but Ethiopian and honest European scholars came and stopped the lie claim. They were saying that every great achievements Ethiopia achieved was as a result of foreigners. But now because of the extensive evidences, this claim was totally discarded. Afroasiatic originated in Ethiopia. The Egyptians themselves said they came from the land of Punt (it was located in the Horn of Africa). And different numbers of native Semitic languages are found in Ethiopia not Middle East.

The first below pic are Black Adam/Hewan of Ethiopia church. The other 3 are Cushite ppl. Ancient Egyptian and Cushite were sisters ppl.

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by musicwriter(m): 4:54pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hat13:

I've read the info in the link. I'm currently not on WIFI, so I will watch the video in your blog when it's available to me.

Good work brother. You made a lot of good points. This is what we need. Raising awareness about the true Africa history and the lie Europeans told for the last 2 millennium. The ancient Greeks were relatively honest than other Europeans. They credited African civilizations for their own achievements. They said Blacks; especially Cushites to be God chosen and the most beautiful ppl. Read the great info in this pdf link,
http://www.metaphysicspirit.com/books/Wonderful%20Ethiopians%20of%20the%20Ancient%20Cushite%20Empire.pdf

Here in Ethiopia, our forefathers always imagined Jesus, Adam or any other Biblical characters as Black. There is a funny saying which says, some ppl are very dark because God cooked them very much. Some ppl are white because God didn't cooked them well. But some ppl are brown/medium black (Ethiopians) because God cooked them well. lol. I'm not a believer in any religion, but I believe that the man Jesus, Israelis and Egyptians were Black. But the white men are doing their best in spreading their lies to the population here for the last century. They even were trying to whitewash our history, but Ethiopian and honest European scholars came and stopped the lie claim. They were saying that every great achievements Ethiopia achieved was as a result of foreigners. But now because of the extensive evidences, this claim was totally discarded. Afroasiatic originated in Ethiopia. The Egyptians themselves said they came from the land of Punt (it was located in the Horn of Africa). And different numbers of native Semitic languages are found in Ethiopia not Middle East.

The first below pic are Black Adam/Hewan of Ethiopia church. The other 3 are Cushite ppl. Ancient Egyptian and Cushite were sisters ppl.

Thanks for the link.

Yes, its not about religion, neither am I a religious person. Its about putting history straight once and for all.

There was a time white people didn't even exist on this earth. The only people that has always been on planet earth are black people. Every other race came from us. European history can't begin, unless Greek history begins. So, nothing in the old testament has anything to do with white people. And there's no doubt ancient Ethiopia, Sudan, and Egypt were once one big country. Pharoah Menes, Shabakah, and Tarharqa once ruled the entire region. Anybody doubting it should read it in their own bible. Pharaoh Taharqa or Tiharqa was mentioned in the bible at 2 Kings 19: 8-13, 2 Kings 19: 9, 2 Kings 19: 8.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by saintmark88(m): 5:21pm On Dec 11, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
The introduction of Julian Calendar had eight days.Later on the popularity of the eight day weeks diminished.In Rome constantine the Roman emperor made the seven day week official in AD 321.It is widely believed that the days of the week were named after pagan gods,just like months of the year in the Gregorian calendar. It is believed that constantine changed the Christian day of worship from Saturday to Sunday in honour of the sun god (the cult of sol invictus).Also the day of Christmas 25th of December to honour the sun god.That is why Santa Claus the elves and others that are associated with Christmas are believed to have pagan mythology and why some churches do not celebrate christmas.That was part of the changes constant brought into Christianity and also why some critics accuse the Roman catholic church of links to paganism and not true Christianity. These are the things i researched from the internet and none is my personal opinion.

So u saw someone's opinion n u believe it because u saw it on d internet. All u have said doesn't prove mixing Christianity with paganism. In Rome den dey worshipped the sun God, is it not natural that since the people were used to celebrating what ever feast they used to celebrate like Christmas , the best way to stop dem from celebrating that feast is to replace it with Christmas, the birth of Christ and thru that medium, pple would be converted and get to know more about Christ?.....exactly what constantine did n whoa!!!!...it worked.

About the calendar, I don't know what calendar has got to do with Christianity, so now that u use the Gregorian calendar, r u now an idol worshipper

What ever is agreed on earth is agreed in heaven, constantine didn't make these changes alone, he must have done it with the church. Human begins will always criticize and say nonsense, I have not seen NY paganism here......
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:47pm On Dec 11, 2017
I never said i believe it all these are facts not fictions. Why i brought the Calendar issue was because it has some Roman and Greek origin also some of these were modified during constantine era what i mentioned before and no it doesn't make one an idol worshipper.It is just an healthy argument and nothing more.All i said are on the internet whether the Christmas celebrations were to bring in new converts are actually what some scholars have argued.Anyways nice learning from you.But if you read about all these objectively you would see that some of them had some pagan backgrounds whether it is true or not is left for you to judge.Like i said earlier none is my personal opinion,thank you.
saintmark88:

So u saw someone's opinion n u believe it because u saw it on d internet. All u have said doesn't prove mixing Christianity with paganism. In Rome den dey worshipped the sun God, is it not natural that since the people were used to celebrating what ever feast they used to celebrate like Christmas , the best way to stop dem from celebrating that feast is to replace it with Christmas, the birth of Christ and thru that medium, pple would be converted and get to know more about Christ?.....exactly what constantine did n whoa!!!!...it worked.

About the calendar, I don't know what calendar has got to do with Christianity, so now that u use the Gregorian calendar, r u now an idol worshipper

What ever is agreed on earth is agreed in heaven, constantine didn't make these changes alone, he must have done it with the church. Human begins will always criticize and say nonsense, I have not seen NY paganism here......
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by saintmark88(m): 5:53pm On Dec 11, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
I never said i believe it all these are facts not fictions. Why i brought the Calendar issue was because it all began in Rome during constantine era.It is just an healthy argument and nothing more.All i said are on the internet whether the Christmas celebrations were to bring in new converts are actually what some scholars have argued.Anyways nice learning from you.But if you read about all these objectively you would see that some of them had some pagan backgrounds whether it is true or not is left for you to judge.Like i said earlier non is my personal opinion,thank you.

U r welcome.....
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by dachaste(f): 6:13pm On Dec 11, 2017
goodheart02:

Yeeeey, caught ya. cheesy

How have u been been?
Sorry for your loss, saw u were bereaved sometime ago.
Take heart.

In other news grin, Uve abandoned us for too long naw, biko at least an update will do wink.
Don't call me monitoring spirit oh grin
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Gggg102(m): 8:03pm On Dec 11, 2017
Smeago007:
what a generation of modification of Gods words
is the bible a constitution that needs reviewing at times

2 Timothy 3:16-17 New International Version (NIV)
All Scripture is with the inspiration of God and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

we are now correction the bible

oh God!!!

catholics why

no wonder Jesus said
Out of the inspiration of God said
Mathew 15 vs 9
in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

Here's what the bible has to say about potential editors and modifiers
Matthew 5:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Hear o perverted generation

Flee from evil

The bible you quoted from is modified.

New international version

There have been different versions of Bibles right from time.
From king james to revised standard version

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Gggg102(m): 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2017
All this "Christians" thinking English was the original language of the bible are the ones that don't understand what the pope is saying.
Jesus never spoke English
Heck he wasn't even called Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by Ubenedictus(m): 6:54pm On Dec 12, 2017
Prosper123:
What of one of the ten commandment that catholics removed. The one about having graven image. Will the pope correct that one. Afterall, I think it is more important than the Lord's prayer. Just saying
the Catholics didn't remove any commandment. we have the complete commandments including the one about graven images.

don't lie about things you're ignorant of.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by goodheart02(m): 12:11am On Dec 18, 2017
dachaste:

How have u been been?
Take heart.

In other news grin, Uve abandoned us for too long naw, biko at least an update will do wink.

Wow!! Baby girl. How have you been?? Don't worry i still have you guys in mind. You just melted my heart by contacting me.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by goodheart02(m): 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2017
dachaste:

How have u been been?
Take heart.

Lol....my baby girl finally contacted me. I still have you all in mind.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by dachaste(f): 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
goodheart02:

Wow!! Baby girl. How have you been?? Don't worry i still have you guys in mind. You just melted my heart by contacting me.

Av been good smiley . Hope you're doing good too. Glad to see u online after so long. Awww so touched cheesy would have called if I had your contact.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by dachaste(f): 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2017
goodheart02:

Lol....my baby girl finally contacted me. I still have you all in mind.
cheesy.glad to know u have us in mind amidst Your busy schedules.
Re: Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed by goodheart02(m): 8:11am On Dec 21, 2017
dachaste:

Av been good smiley . Hope you're doing good too. Glad to see u online after so long. Awww so touched cheesy would have called if I had your contact.

Here's my contact. 08067537202

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Victor Ajisafe Arrested In Sierra Leone Over Hate Speech Against Islam / Daddy Freeze, Crazeclown: Doctor Saves Life In Theatre You Take Gifts To Pastors / I Dont Know How To Make My Egbe Grant Me Supernatural Favors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.