Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Speech From H.e Ahmed Buhari,presidential Aspirant In The 2019 General Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speech From H.e Ahmed Buhari,presidential Aspirant In The 2019 General Election (377 Views)

Ahmed Buhari Withdraws From 2019 Presidential Race, Declares Support For PMB / 2019: Buhari Presidential Campaign In Kaduna (Photos, Video) / Wike: APC Planted A Presidential Aspirant In PDP As A Mole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Speech From H.e Ahmed Buhari,presidential Aspirant In The 2019 General Election by greenone: 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2017
*SPEECH FROM H.E AHMED BUHARI,Presidential Aspirant in the 2019 general elections* 10/12/2017

Good Morning Compatriots,

Please let us be easy on ourselves. The man from the North is much of a brother to me as the man from the South.

My love for him is as much as my love for any of you.

But when one of my brothers is on a different path I do not condemn him. I bring him closer. I make him understand why I have chosen a particular stance and I try to make him reason with me.

Now, this project is not just about emerging as Nigeria’s president but changing our mindsets which has unfortunately been created by our politics.

“Hate is not the first enemy of Love. It is Fear because it destroys our ability to Trust”.

So “Fear” is the major issue here. When you do not know what a man is thinking, his ways, his beliefs and so on, you instantly start to fear and in most cases you begin to build imaginary walls. In our own case as Nigerians, it doesn’t stop there. The politicians now use this lack of trust to instill fear in our hearts which then develops to hate.

I try everyday of my life to learn something new about a different culture, religion or business. I am committed to this to help me understand all that I don’t know so that I could possibly erase existing fears and begin to open my arms and heart to all I should love.

Even when I find out I am not loved especially because of some preconceived fears from the next man, I take it upon myself to make him see me beyond the cooked up stories he has been served.

To tackle this unfortunate menace in our society, I believe it must start from the schools.

i. We must adopt comparative religious studies.

ii. Then we move up to our civil service. Make religion a personal matter. Stop allowing it interfere in our work places or our corporate events.

iii. We must also start depending on our comparative economic advantages.

By the time our collective existence is solely dependent on each other’s advantages and we are being educated on this, then we will begin to see reason to hold on to each other.

I have hailed PMB in some cases and I will not shy to criticize him in some other cases and the reason is because I am not a hypocrite. I expected the Kano speech (that all of Nigeria watched) to have reminded us of our need to live with one another and maintain peace. Speak on future plans to create jobs, drive the economy, remind Kanawa that he understands that their greatest economic strengths lie around agriculture and his administration is working hard on introducing processing plants, storage plants, factories to package these agricultural produce, jobs that will be created along this entire value chain including branding and delivery to the final consumer.

I expected him to reassure those farmers that his administration will work closely with them to ensure that fertilizer will be distributed more smartly using modern day technologies to ensure there are no leakages and support them using mechanized systems of farming.

Boost their morals and say when this plan is fully executed, Kano State will be able to feed Half of the world.

Talk about your plans for the leather industry in Sharada in Kano and how your new economic plan can put Kano State on the map of the world as the leather spot where everyone should look up to. Tell them with you in the audience is the executive Governor of Abia State who is here to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the Governor of Kano State to see how both states can empower its people to start earning a state of financial freedom and stability.

Let them know the plans your administration has for the millions of traders in Kano and how your administration will ensure that their businesses continue to strive especially with the economic roll out plans on the table of the ministers of Investment & Trade, Foreign Affairs & Finance.

Tell them why you invested millions of dollars into the Chad Basin seeking for hydrocarbon. Tell them how the project will benefit not just them but the whole of Nigeria and if it has turned out to be a wild goose chase, apologize to the people and ensure them your administration will make it up to them.

There’s no shame in making mistakes if you are prepared to learn from them and make amends.

After all that, you should thank them for the votes they gave to you in the last general elections and apologize for just visiting Kano for the first time since your emergence as the President after nearly 30 months.

Lastly, you shouldn’t have ended that speech by saying the outpour of people was an indication to the south that you still have people in the north. That was a political statement that was wrong. It fell flat on its face (at least to me).

This administration can count its successes but based on the promises made to Nigerians, a lot more must be done, the body language must be right and in the end we just want a country that works.

*Ahmed Buhari.*
*Presidential Aspirant in the 2019 General Elections.*[b]
[/b]

Re: Speech From H.e Ahmed Buhari,presidential Aspirant In The 2019 General Election by policy12: 1:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
I earn my support cos you are youngi

(1) (Reply)

Mandela's Message To Nigerian Leaders / Pastors And Politicians With Private Jets Are Bastards Says Charly Boy / “i’m Not Replacing Osinbajo As VP” – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.