Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? (1863 Views)

Never Yield / Never Yield / Never Yield (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by chemystery: 2:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
Christians, without sentiment or fear of going to hell, let's look at god's actions as recorded in the bible, and how they yielded a positive result at the end.

Action:
God destroyed the entire world with flood to usher in a sinless generation

Result:
The world still got populated with even more sinners as compared to the time of Noah.

Action:
God instructed the killing of idol worshippers so that he will be the only god worshipped by humanity

Result:
Over 4,000 gods are worshipped by humanity today

Action:
God sent his son to pay the price for the sins of the world

Result:
Those who don't believe, or those not born into the religion that believe will have to pay for their own sins in hell

Why does god take actions if such actions will not yield a positive result at the end?
Sometimes these actions involve killing of innocent babies as well as ripping open pregnant women and killing unborn babies. This is more reason god should have ensure all his actions yields something positive, otherwise, all the killings were just done in vain.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by emorse(m): 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
lol. They're coming for your head o, OP.
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by sparklezeee: 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2017
I tire for that kind god o.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
I love this question. Oya come and defend your ''perfect'' God!

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by hisgrace090: 2:59pm On Dec 10, 2017
God gives man freedom to decide what to do, but advice him to do good for his own good

Det,30:19

He is a truthful God because he that some will default and promise to punish them accordingly.

Despite the huge fight against crime in the world today, crime continues. But that will not permit one to say that world effort in crime fighting is yielding negative result.
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by EmperorHarry: 3:32pm On Dec 10, 2017
Beckino:
I love this question. Oya come and defend your ''perfect'' God!
A female atheist...Hmmm...your kind is rare... It's like 1 in 300 females,and in Nigeria it's like 1 in 100,000 females...how is it being a female atheist?
I'm really curious to find out if your don't mind

1 Like

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Zither(m): 4:17pm On Dec 10, 2017
chemystery:
Christians, without sentiment or fear of going to hell, let's look at god's actions as recorded in the bible, and how they yielded a positive result at the end.

Action:

Result:
The world still got populated with even more sinners as compared to the time of Noah.

Action:
God instructed the killing of idol worshippers so that he will be the only god worshipped by humanity

Result:

Action:

Result:
Those who don't believe, or those not born into the religion that believe will have to pay for their own sins in hell

Why does god take actions if such actions will not yield a positive result at the end?
Sometimes these actions involve killing of innocent babies as well as ripping open pregnant women and killing unborn babies. This is more reason god should have ensure all his actions yields something positive, otherwise, all the killings were just done in vain.

Oga, whatever God does has already been planned even before He created the world. Since you don't know the past or the future of the world it is ignorance that makes you question His ways.

In 2 Timothy 1:9, the Apostle Paul wrote, "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began"

In Jeremiah 1:5, God told the prophet, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified you, and I ordained you a prophet unto the nations."

If God already knew everyone of us before we were conceived, and even before time began, then you should know that His actions have greater purpose and impact than what your imagination can understand.

Besides, the Bible did not say God destroyed the world to usher in a sinless generation... Really? Even after the death of Jesus Christ the world is still not sinless let alone the time before He came which is thousands of years in distance.

God instructed the killing of Idol worshippers so that He would be the only God worshipped today.... Again, really?
Do you know that putting anything before God is idolatry? You don't necessarily have to carve an image and bow to it to term it idolatry. Why didn't God kill such people? gods carved with wood or stone or myth does not change the fact that there is no god besides God.

Maybe you have pretended to be ignorant on the fact that there are many converts to different religions everyday: Muslims to Christians, Christians to Muslims, Christians to Judaism, Buddhists to Muslims or Christians...and the list goes on. Everyone has heard about Jesus the Son of God whether you were born into Christianity or not.....speaking about our computer age time. It is up to you to accept Him or reject Him - your choice but you can never claim ignorance of Him.

God never fails because He is the One who wields success and failure.... He sees and knows what you can never see or know

1 Like

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by chemystery: 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
hisgrace090:
God gives man freedom to decide what to do, but advice him to do good for his own good

He is a truthful God because he that some will default and promise to punish them accordingly.

Despite the huge fight against crime in the world today, crime continues. But that will not permit one to say that world effort in crime fighting is yielding negative result.
We are still saying the same thing. Despite all god's efforts, he still ends up getting the opposite of what he wants. Again, if god cannot perfectly execute his plan to yield positive results, then he is also faced with the same limitation as man. So why call him god in the first place?

5 Likes

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by plaetton: 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
hisgrace090:

You didn't even attempt to answer the question.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by plaetton: 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2017
Zither:

Oga, whatever God does has already been planned even before He created the world. Since you don't know the past or the future of the world it is ignorance that makes you question His ways.

In 2 Timothy 1:9, the Apostle Paul wrote, "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began"

In Jeremiah 1:5, God told the prophet, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified you, and I ordained you a prophet unto the nations."

If God already knew everyone of us before we were conceived, and even before time began, then you should know that His actions have greater purpose and impact than what your imagination can understand.

Besides, the Bible did not say God destroyed the world to usher in a sinless generation... Really? Even after the death of Jesus Christ the world is still not sinless let alone the time before He came which is thousands of years in distance.

God instructed the killing of Idol worshippers so that He would be the only God worshipped today.... Again, really?
Do you know that putting anything before God is idolatry? You don't necessarily have to carve an image and bow to it to term it idolatry. Why didn't God kill such people? gods carved with wood or stone or myth does not change the fact that there is no god besides God.

Maybe you have pretended to be ignorant on the fact that there are many converts to different religions everyday: Muslims to Christians, Christians to Muslims, Christians to Judaism, Buddhists to Muslims or Christians...and the list goes on. Everyone has heard about Jesus the Son of God whether you were born into Christianity or not.....speaking about our computer age time. It is up to you to accept Him or reject Him - your choice but you can never claim ignorance of Him.

God never fails because He is the One who wields success and failure.... He sees and knows what you can never see or know
If everything, from the beginning of the universe to the end has been meticulously planned by God, then kindly tell us the purpose of Religion, faith, worship and prayers .

You should agree with me then that Religion , faith ,worship and prayers are a total waste of time, perhaps even irritating to God, redundant and superfluous, and of course , a big scam.
Do you agree ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by solz007(m): 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD#
God Ways Are Higher Than Ours GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD
No Matter What Happens GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD
No Matter What We Think GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD

#ThatFactWillNeverChange!!

1 Like

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
plaetton:

If everything, from the beginning of the universe to the end has been meticulously planned by God, then kindly tell us the purpose of Religion, faith, worship and prayers .

You should agree with me then that Religion , faith ,worship and prayers are a total waste of time, perhaps even irritating to God, redundant and superfluous, and of course , a big scam.
Do you agree ?

THIS IS THE POINT.
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by chemystery: 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2017
Zither:

If I understand you very well, you mean god already planned what will happen before creating the world?
You mean he already planned to make Satan tempt Adam and eve?
You mean he already planned to drown his own creation sin he already planned?
You mean god already planned the 1st and 2nd world war?
You mean god already planned the 4000 gods worshipped by humanity?
You mean god already planned to burn those who worshipped the 4000 gods in his plan?
You mean god already planned for those that will burn in hell for eternity?
You mean a loving god sat down and drafted all these evil plans for humanity?

If god already have a plan, doesn't that make your prayers useless? Since if your prayer request isn't in the plan, such prayer is redundant and won't be answered. And if your request is already in the plan, such prayer is futile because such request will be granted whether you pray or not.

Go and read your bible again. God destroyed the world because he found the man sinful. What outcome then does god expect at then end of the flood? A sinful generation too? If so then he only did the flood just for the fun.

He had already mentioned that he is a jealous god, and no other god should be worshipped except him. Therefore instructing the killing of those worshipping other gods imply what? That he wants to be the only one worshipped! Common sense bro.

There are over 7billion people here in the world with over 4000 gods. Tell me now, how many of the 4000 gods do you know? OK, you get it. Next time don't assume everyone have heard about your imaginary Jesus. Meanwhile, that is not the point. The point is: if Jesus have paid for their sins, why do they have to pay for it again in hell?

OK, but he regretted creating man (Gen.6:6). Why? Because he didn't know they will disappoint him. This also answers the first point above because a god who had planned before creating the earth would know no regret. Or did he also plan his own regret?

8 Likes

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by plaetton: 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

THIS IS THE POINT.

Yes Sir.

I laugh when these religio- heads try to pull rabbits from their hats to rationalize their irrational beliefs.

The scam of Religion solely EXISTS , and cleverly perpetuate it's many scams from era to era by marketing UNCERTAINTY and the natural FEAR that comes from it.

I have said before that Religion And Faith are the weak person's Protest against UNCERTAINTY.

Prayer is a protest against a universe that is not working well for individual needs or whims, a protest against a universe that offers ZERO guarantees for the individual.

For example, the reason we don't pray to the Sun or to the force of Gravity is because those forces have shown themselves to be guaranteed. No uncertainties there.

God, on the other hand, is conveniently invisible, and supposedly works in mysterious ways ( my favorite grin).

Is it any wonder that god believers shout and cry in their loudest voices, climb this and that holy mountains, seek him at midnight, seek him in waters, offer him bribes, try every known trick to be heard and to cajole him. All just to confirm and continually reaffirm his existence and presence in their petty lives ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Zither(m): 5:17pm On Dec 10, 2017
plaetton:

Do you agree ?

On the contrary. That I am very certain what you will do in the future does not mean I control or plan your actions. In the same vein, God knowing what you desire or need even before you have the idea does not make Him obliged to answer.

God gives man the freedom to choose even if He already knew the choice man would make. His qualities of love and fairness give us the opportunities to obey or disobey Him, the freedom to be who we want to be, to follow Him or reject Him. His pre-knowledge of your actions does not interfere in your plans and decision-making. That is solely you and you alone.

He knew many would reject Him and few would accept Him but He did not count it a waste of time; He came nonetheless to save the few that by their freedom of choice accepted Him. This is the same thing that happened in the time of Noah. God told Noah to preach about the coming destruction even though He knew that only eight souls would be saved.

If God took actions to thwart every decision of man that is not favourable to Him then He would have denied man the use of his free will and as such He would not be fair to judge mankind.

At least, in judgment no one can accuse God of impartiality. No one can tell God, "You did not give me the opportunity to change" or accuse God by saying something like, "If you had not interfered in my life I would have served You."

God may already know what you would do but He lets you live your life so that you become solely responsible for your actions, to worship Him, curse Him, deny Him, love Him, hate Him, pray to Him, doubt Him....the choice is yours.

In essence, they are not a waste of time; rather they represent choices that remind us we are in control of our actions, not God.
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by dalaman: 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
"WHY GOD IS TOO CLEVER TO EXIST

By all accounts God is a very smart and extraordinarily capable dude. He can make miraculous things happen just by thinking about them. He can design immensely complex things, such as life, in a heartbeat.

He is so capable that, if he wanted me to believe in him, I would. Absolutely no doubt. But I don't believe in him so he either doesn't want me to or doesn't care.

It's not just me. There are 1.1 billion other non-believers, 1.1 billion Hindus, 0.5 billion Buddhists and 0.8 billion assorted others who don't believe in him either.

Even the 2.4 billion Christians and 1.6 billion Muslims who do believe in him, believe different things about what he is like, and how he wants us to behave. If such a capable god played a part in the belief of Christians and Muslims, you would expect, at the very least, they would agree on these very basic things. But they don't.

Even more telling is this simple fact; a significant proportion of non-believers were once believers. If such a capable god played a part in their belief, we should not expect anyone would be able to find reasons to subsequently abandon their God-given belief.

There is only one reasonable conclusion; god plays no part in human belief--we do the all heavy lifting on our own. And that leads to a second conclusion, god does not want us to believe in him, or doesn't care whether we do or not. But that conclusion cannot be right. If God has infinite love for us (or even a mild affection) he would care how we spend eternity and would be desperate to save us from eternal torture.

Surely, that leaves only one conclusion available to us. God does not exist. We invented gods and we invented religions, and we pass them from generation to generation.

Now that conclusion is coherent, and fully consistent will all the facts".

-Bill Flavell

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by sparklezeee: 5:19pm On Dec 10, 2017
plaetton:

Do you agree ?

the first time I said I tire for that kind god o and you just stole my reasons for being tired.I quote you here " perhaps even irritating to God"
The way most, if not all our religions talk about god shows it's not the real God.
My opinion anyway

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by 0temSapien: 5:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
chemystery:

Action:

Result:

Action:

Result:

Action:

Result:

Yahweh is really a failure. That's what happen when someone is trying to put himself in the position of God Almighty. How will Yahweh know how to do things when he decided to sit back when his mates were busy exploring the universe undecided
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by plaetton: 5:44pm On Dec 10, 2017
Zither:

On the contrary. That I am very certain what you will do in the future does not mean I control or plan your actions. In the same vein, God knowing what you desire or need even before you have the idea does not make Him obliged to answer.

God gives man the freedom to choose even if He already knew the choice man would make. His qualities of love and fairness give us the opportunities to obey or disobey Him, the freedom to be who we want to be, to follow Him or reject Him. His pre-knowledge of your actions does not interfere in your plans and decision-making. That is solely you and you alone.

He knew many would reject Him and few would accept Him but He did not count it a waste of time; He came nonetheless to save the few that by their freedom of choice accepted Him. This is the same thing that happened in the time of Noah. God told Noah to preach about the coming destruction even though He knew that only eight souls would be saved.

If God took actions to thwart every decision of man that is not favourable to Him then He would have denied man the use of his free will and as such He would not be fair to judge mankind.

At least, in judgment no one can accuse God of impartiality. No one can tell God, "You did not give me the opportunity to change" or accuse God by saying something like, "If you had not interfered in my life I would have served You."

God may already know what you would do but He lets you live your life so that you become solely responsible for your actions, to worship Him, curse Him, deny Him, love Him, hate Him, pray to Him, doubt Him....the choice is yours.

In essence, they are not a waste of time; rather they represent choices that remind us we are in control of our actions, not God.
Nothing in post makes any sense.
Again , not surprising, coming from the staple of a religious mind.
And let me repeat: that is perhaps the greatest Beauty and most alluring thing about religion.
It gives you folks the unlimited Freedom to make STUFF up as you go.
grin .
You invent an imaginary daddy, you invent an imaginary mommy.
You invent an imaginary friend, you invent an imaginary enemy.
You invent imaginary heaven, you invent imaginary hell.
You invent imaginary battles , and you invent imaginary Victories just whenever it suits you.

Religion is sweet o. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Zither(m): 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
chemystery:

If I understand you very well, you mean god already planned what will happen before creating the world?
You mean he already planned to make Satan tempt Adam and eve?
You mean he already planned to drown his own creation sin he already planned?
You mean god already planned the 1st and 2nd world war?
You mean god already planned the 4000 gods worshipped by humanity?
You mean god already planned to burn those who worshipped the 4000 gods in his plan?
You mean god already planned for those that will burn in hell for eternity?
You mean a loving god sat down and drafted all these evil plans for humanity?

If god already have a plan, doesn't that make your prayers useless? Since if your prayer request isn't in the plan, such prayer is redundant and won't be answered. And if your request is already in the plan, such prayer is futile because such request will be granted whether you pray or not.

I never said God plans human actions. Please don't misquote me on that. I said and I quote, "whatever God does has already been planned even before He created the world". The key phrase here is - whatever God does - as opposed to whatever man does.

Like I said previously, God gives you your freedom to plan and direct your life without His interference. You are responsible for your decision and action to love, murder, help, destroy, and whatever, but God already has His plan that has been waiting for perfect timing to be executed. As such, nothing takes Him by surprise. Your definition of success is different from His definition as night from day.

Go and read your bible again. God destroyed the world because he found the man sinful. What outcome then does god expect at then end of the flood? A sinful generation too? If so then he only did the flood just for the fun.

Okay genius, if God destroyed the world so that it would usher in a sinless generation then why did He bother to plan to give mankind grace through Christ even before He formed the world? The things which happened in the old testament are a shadow of things to come...a prophecy of the future through events. God does not do things for fun of it, not especially when human lives are at stake. The judgment that fell on Sodom and Gomorrah and the world of Noah did not precede His constant warnings to repent. The same judgment would have fallen on Nineveh but they repented and averted the destruction. Do you think God has changed because we are in the 21st century? In our time preachers and believers have been constantly warning of the coming judgment and urging mankind to repent and when the day of judgment arrives you will know why...that it is not for fun.

He had already mentioned that he is a jealous god, and no other god should be worshipped except him. Therefore instructing the killing of those worshipping other gods imply what? That he wants to be the only one worshipped! Common sense bro.

God never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. If that was God's nature - killing people who worshipped other gods - then we should all be dead by now, don't you think?

There are over 7billion people here in the world with over 4000 gods. Tell me now, how many of the 4000 gods do you know? OK, you get it. Next time don't assume everyone have heard about your imaginary Jesus. Meanwhile, that is not the point. The point is: if Jesus have paid for their sins, why do they have to pay for it again in hell?

Enough to know that they are all myths. Where was Zeus when the message of the gospel was spreading all over the world? Where were Krishna, Amadioha, Allah, Buddha, and all other gods when the message of Jesus Christ spread from continent to continent, and where are they now?
The fact that you serve a different god does not mean you have not heard about Jesus Christ....at least 99% of the world already heard the gospel in whatever language they understand.

How is Jesus imaginary? Tell me the massacre of Christians in Rome a few years after Christ's crucifixion was imagined....or that the tomb where Christ was buried was imaginary....or that Pontius Pilate, under who Christ was crucified, was an imaginary work of fiction...

OK, but he regretted creating man (Gen.6:6). Why? Because he didn't know they will disappoint him. This also answers the first point above because a god who had planned before creating the earth would know no regret. Or did he also plan his own regret?

It is just like in the garden of Eden when God came as usual to fellowship with man but Adam and Eve had hidden themselves because their eyes had opened. There, God asked, "Adam, where are you?" and the next question, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded that you should not eat?"

Peeps like you reading this verses would conclude that God had no idea Adam and Eve would disobey Him and that God was ignorant of their state after the disobedience. God said in Isaiah 46:10, that He is a God capable of "Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, `My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure" It then means God was not trying to convey ignorance of the result of the works of His hand but that He was passing the message of His displeasure... Man was created in God's image. Man is emotional because God is emotional, too. Nothing takes Him by surprise does not mean He is a God without feelings, a God that does not feel disappointment or pain even though He already knew it would happen.
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by chemystery: 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
Zither:

What part of the bible said this? Or you thought it out for god? Didn't you read in the bible where god hardened Pharaoh's heart?

You call it freedom to choose? Where in fact, you are not free when you choose what god doesn't want. How is that freedom to choose?

In essense, those who rejected him still by freedom of choice he destroys. Again, a freedom of choice with condition for choosing the wrong choice, is that one a freedom of choice?

If god knows already that only eight souls would be saved, why ask Noah to preach then? This in fact, shows lack of knowledge.

God has already denied man freewill. Take for instance, If I lock you in a room, then one day, I give you freedom to go out and come in any time you want. But each time you go out, I threaten to kill you. This then made you scared of going out, then eventually stopped going out. Will you say I gave you freedom?

If you god happened to be the true god, Muslims will accuse him of being partial by not making their parents to be christian so that they can inherit the true religion just like you. This is one among the thousand accusation of impartiality god will face that day.

God may already know what you would do but He lets you live your life so that you become solely responsible for your actions, to worship Him, curse Him, deny Him, love Him, hate Him, doubt Him....the choice is yours.
Yet he had to interfere with Pharaoh's freewill abi? Another point of note is that freewill will also be in heaven. So god will still be faced with same problem of sin

But you believe Satan can tempt man? Isn't that Satan in control of our actions? So why will god allow Satan control man's freewill? And can god stop Satan from tempting man? If yes, isn't that interfering with Satan's freewill?

1 Like

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 10, 2017
EmperorHarry:

A female atheist...Hmmm...your kind is rare... It's like 1 in 300 females,and in Nigeria it's like 1 in 100,000 females...how is it being a female atheist?
I'm really curious to find out if your don't mind
Feels good (though I now look like a devil in the eyes of many. I imagine them saying 'get thee behind me satan whenever I ask them some questions). I've learnt to be more cautious about what I believe.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by dalaman: 6:32pm On Dec 10, 2017
Zither:

How is Jesus imaginary? Tell me the massacre of Christians in Rome a few years after Christ's crucifixion was imagined....or that the tomb where Christ was buried was imaginary.

Where is the tomb where Jesus was buried located?
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by sparklezeee: 7:32pm On Dec 10, 2017
If we can all understand that no holy book in this world is 100% correct, then the history of man would change for the better.

it means no more mental slavery which is more deadly than any terrorist group.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by PraiseDLord: 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
chemystery:

Action:

Result:

Action:

Result:

Action:

Result:

It is people like you who have chosen rebellion as a cloack rather than obedience, and has deliberately refused to use your freewill to do right as admonished by the Scripture from the beginning; that is frustrating the work of this perfect Being to the detriment of your soul.
Better repent and desist from this line of reasoning to save your soul!
Remember, the gentility of a lion is not a sheer show of cawardice! Thus the fact that the Almighty keeps tolerating us does not makes Him a weakling!
There's eternal judgement of damnation in hell for the rebelious no matter how long they continue their provocation against God's righteous law!
Shalom!
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by EmperorHarry: 8:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
Beckino:

Feels good (though I now look like a devil in the eyes of many. I imagine them saying 'get thee behind me satan whenever I ask them some questions). I've learnt to be more cautious about what I believe.
Lol...I tots get it
Question tho...Do you think that there could be a God outside religion?...Like there could be a chance that he exists but religion somehow makes you discard everything that has to do with God cos of the ridiculous theories they've created?
I just feel like conversating and learning something new... Nothing to do smiley
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by adepeter2027(m): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
plaetton:

Do you agree ?
Well said.
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by adepeter2027(m): 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
Beckino:

LoL

Hope you're aware Satan gat 7bedroom flat for ya in hell àbí.
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by adepeter2027(m): 9:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
EmperorHarry:

Lol...I tots get it
Question tho...Do you think that there could be a God outside religion?

God - this is a subjective and relative word.

Can there really be a "god" outside "religion"?

It's like saying, can there be Christianity and Islam without jesus and Muhammad respectively?

I doubt tho. Maybe that's why "god" has to be defined clearly.

Like there could be a chance that he exists but religion somehow makes you discard everything that has to do with God cos of the ridiculous theories they've created?

God

What is god?
Who is god?

These two questions are very important

I just feel like conversating and learning something new... Nothing to do smiley
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by chemystery: 10:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
Zither:

I never said God plans human actions. Please don't misquote me on that. I said and I quote, "whatever God does has already been planned even before He created the world". The key phrase here is - whatever God does - as opposed to whatever man does.

Like I said previously, God gives you your freedom to plan and direct your life without His interference. You are responsible for your decision and action to love, murder, help, destroy, and whatever, but God already has His plan that has been waiting for perfect timing to be executed. As such, nothing takes Him by surprise. Your definition of success is different from His definition as night from day.
God's actions are function of man's own actions. God destroyed the world because man was sinful. Meaning if man was righteous, god wouldn't have destroyed the word. Therefore, if god didn't plan human actions, how can he then have a plan which is dependent on human actions. If god had planned for the flood, then he must have drafted also a plan for a sinful world.

Okay genius, if God destroyed the world so that it would usher in a sinless generation then why did He bother to plan to give mankind grace through Christ even before He formed the world? The things which happened in the old testament are a shadow of things to come...a prophecy of the future through events. God does not do things for fun of it, not especially when human lives are at stake. The judgment that fell on Sodom and Gomorrah and the world of Noah did not precede His constant warnings to repent. The same judgment would have fallen on Nineveh but they repented and averted the destruction. Do you think God has changed because we are in the 21st century? In our time preachers and believers have been constantly warning of the coming judgment and urging mankind to repent and when the day of judgment arrives you will know why...that it is not for fun.
It just shows how confused god is. If god does not do things for fun, then what did he achieve from destroying the world with flood? If god already knows those who would be sinful before they were born, then why create them? Why not create only those that will make heaven and do away with the problem of preachers going to preach to people to repent?

God never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. If that was God's nature - killing people who worshipped other gods - then we should all be dead by now, don't you think?
But god actually instructed the killing of people who worshipped other gods. If your god never changes, then I'm only surprised you are not killing people of other religion. You ain't doing so is either because your god has changed and repented, or the god of old testament is different from that of new testament.

Enough to know that they are all myths. Where was Zeus when the message of the gospel was spreading all over the world? Where were Krishna, Amadioha, Allah, Buddha, and all other gods when the message of Jesus Christ spread from continent to continent, and where are they now?
The fact that you serve a different god does not mean you have not heard about Jesus Christ....at least 99% of the world already heard the gospel in whatever language they understand.

How is Jesus imaginary? Tell me the massacre of Christians in Rome a few years after Christ's crucifixion was imagined....or that the tomb where Christ was buried was imaginary....or that Pontius Pilate, under who Christ was crucified, was an imaginary work of fiction...
The reason Amadioha didn't cross the boundary of south eastern Nigeria is same reason Igbo is not used as a lingua franca in UK or America. The Arabs and Europeans were fortunate to explore other lands, so they took along with them their religion. Now, do your calculation and see the reason why Islam and Christianity are the most widely spread religion. It could have been any other religion. And the power of any god is a function of population of worshippers. That is why Yahweh seem to be the most powerful god, then Allah. So every god is bound to go out of existence the very first day everyone stops worshipping them.

Saying 99% must have heard about Jesus is not a fact but just your wishful thinking.
Can you prove Jesus is not imaginary aside from an ancient book written by primitive cavemen.

It is just like in the garden of Eden when God came as usual to fellowship with man but Adam and Eve had hidden themselves because their eyes had opened. There, God asked, "Adam, where are you?" and the next question, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded that you should not eat?"

Peeps like you reading this verses would conclude that God had no idea Adam and Eve would disobey Him and that God was ignorant of their state after the disobedience. God said in Isaiah 46:10, that He is a God capable of "Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, `My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure" It then means God was not trying to convey ignorance of the result of the works of His hand but that He was passing the message of His displeasure... Man was created in God's image. Man is emotional because God is emotional, too. Nothing takes Him by surprise does not mean He is a God without feelings, a God that does not feel disappointment or pain even though He already knew it would happen.
God passing message of his displeasure, or god passing message of his regrets, we all know god was passing a message. But i'm only worried about god planning his own displeasure or whatever you call it. How can an intelligent being plan his own displeasure?
How can an intelligent being like god plan for his son to be tortured and murdered by his own creations just to save them from hell he already planned for most of them?
Is there no other plan aside the one that will involve murder?
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 11, 2017
EmperorHarry:

Lol...I tots get it
Question tho...Do you think that there could be a God outside religion?...Like there could be a chance that he exists but religion somehow makes you discard everything that has to do with God cos of the ridiculous theories they've created?

Yeah, there could be a chance but the theories are too ridiculous. I mean, something must have caused the begining of this life. The theories sound like what men just put together (according to their taste) and it's annoying.
Re: Why Does God's Actions Never Yield A Positive Result? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 11, 2017
adepeter2027:
LoL
Hope you're aware Satan gat 7bedroom flat for ya in hell àbí.
Lol. Na you build am abi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch And Download Sam Ibozi Ft Prospa Ochimana - This Moment Here / There Are Over 5000 Gods Being Worshipped By Humans, How Do You Know Yours Is Th / What Will Happen To Their Ministries?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.