Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,895 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" (27644 Views)

My Boss Calls Me All The Time. / Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) / Massachusetts Mother Quits Job After Claiming $758-million Powerball Jackpot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by bilms(m): 3:17pm On Dec 10, 2017
Lady quite job because her boss calls her sweetie
http://mrrightsng..com.ng/2017/12/lady-quite-job-because-her-boss-calls.html

A lady, who goes by the name Sarah Mcgovern on social network site Facebook, has quite her job over what she described as harassment and persistently being refereed to as sweetie by her boss. Sarah took to Facebook on December 7th 2017 to narrate her experience. She wrote: I don't post many deeply personal things online, but I want to share this. I quit my job about a month ago because of harassment. Below is my letter of resignation. I think it's important to share this truth, and to know that many of us will not tolerate the abuse. We can and should walk out. #metoo "Hi Elias, This is my letter of resignation, effective today, October 31, 2017, my last partial day of employment. Since the second day of my employment, on October 12, 2017, I have asked you not to call me "Sweetie." I have asked you not to call me Sweetie more than 5 times since then, and you have still not respected this request. I nearly walked out because of this last Tuesday, October 24, 2017. I stayed to give you one more chance, because you said you finally understood how important this request was, and that you would stop this specific behavior immediately and for good. You only agreed to this after I told you in anger and tears, ready to quit, how important it was that you stop. I was very upset not only from the name calling, but also because I knew you were discussing this dynamic with Tony, who just days before had come up and said to me, "Sarah and Sweetie both start with an S" - a completely inappropriate comment, seeking to instigate an upsetting situation for me, brought on by your behavior. Now, even after all of that, and with your own agreement to stop, this morning, October 31, 2017, you called me Sweetie again. This is unacceptable. I have never heard you call any of the men at your company "Sweetie," which shows that this is clearly only a behavior that you are directing at me as a woman. Your team is even aware of your poor treatment of new female employees. One team member actually told me, while laughing, that they take bets on how long "each one [referencing females] will last." That was shocking to hear, to say the least. For these reasons, I am resigning. Gender-based discrimination is one of the most overt and harmful ways you can create a hostile work environment, an environment that is very damaging to one's health and well being. This is what you have done, and I will not tolerate it. Please confirm your receipt of this letter, voice any disagreements that you may have. Please also send my final paycheck (for 45 hours, 40 last week + 5 today) to my home address at .... Street, Garden Grove, CA .... as soon as possible, and let me know once it is mailed. I hope in the future you are more careful in your treatment of others. It means more than you realize.

Sincerely,

Sarah McGovern"

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Khd95(m): 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
Not in this part of the world grin

Where some women dey nack their oga join...for quick promotion and favouritism

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by bilms(m): 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
Not all ladies are unprincipled.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by bilms(m): 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
Hum
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by MhizzAJ(f): 6:41pm On Dec 10, 2017
extralargehead:
You no really need the job. Be jobless because of your stupidity, when you search for job for three years without success , then you will look for who to knack your pussy a for the position of a cleaner, goat.
Oh you think everyone is like you without principles

She's clearly not a woman of easy virtues

Some ladies can't tolerate those kinda behaviour from men undecided

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by bilms(m): 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2017
cool
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Sagacity07: 9:14am On Dec 20, 2017
This is quite revealing.
Cc lalasticlala.
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by ladeb: 7:27am On Dec 21, 2017
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by MrHistorian: 7:27am On Dec 21, 2017
SHE IS NOT A NIGERIAN.

Replicate such in Nigeria and plunge your entire life to unquantifiable misery. . .

Companies will even demand to know your reason for disengagement from your former place of work. .

You gon' give them this ridiculous excuse??

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Onyinye15(f): 7:27am On Dec 21, 2017
Orishi-rishi

Some men go just dey look for who to kpab In d office

So the ones wey dey outside no reach that big-head

1 Like

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by jerrybakermillz(m): 7:27am On Dec 21, 2017
Nawa ooh....sweetie can u please forward ur CV to me, be like say sweetie na her weak spot to orgasm

You really no won work

So you can't proved them wrong by staying long enough to win the bet for that niccur wey crush on u,now u don make am lose him bet......babe your odd no sure joor

10 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by NwaChibuzor13: 7:28am On Dec 21, 2017
That girl is very foolish. Now that she has quit, how will she feed herself. A wise girl will eben offer her goodies between her legs on a platter of gold.
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by anochuko01(m): 7:28am On Dec 21, 2017
If I call you sweetie, its sure i have something for you.
if a lady calls me that, especially a Lady of my age, i feel somehow.
I'm that sensitive to words.

7 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by nawtyme: 7:29am On Dec 21, 2017
Sweetheart,it's good you resigned early. You saved yourself and your employer the stress of a would be sexual assault litigation in future.
Funny America.
If you look at a woman anyhow it a sexual assault.
If you compliment a woman sexual assault.
If you start doing a woman and you stop, sexual assault https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5144496/liam-allan-rape-case-met-police-cleared-croydon-crown-court/
My advice to employers if you have a tendency to compliment women avoid the temptation of employing them. Employ men.

6 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by ceezarhh(m): 7:29am On Dec 21, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 21, 2017
d lady is a liar dere is more to d story Dan, dis hw can she quit her job because her boss calls her sweetie.

6 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Damfostopper(m): 7:30am On Dec 21, 2017
are you serious...
fish brains everywhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by UbanmeUdie: 7:32am On Dec 21, 2017
shocked

A Nigerian woman out there will call this very principled lady a mumu.

She did the right thing to have quited the job.

In Nigeria, it is a case of a boss' secretary calling him dearie and sweetie just to keep her 25k salary per month job.

If the boss calls her sweetie by mistake, they see it as an invitation to become small madam.

God will punish most Nigerian ladies especially the home breakers and husband snatchers in places of work.

11 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by nkwuocha: 7:32am On Dec 21, 2017
classicMan22:
d lady is a liar dere is more to d story Dan dis hw can she quit her job because her boss calls her sweetie.

Possible.
Once upon a time I called a beautiful lady I was trying to date "baby".She told me plainly that I shouldn't call her such,as the right to that name calling is exclusively for her man.I called her yet again,she stopped talking to me,and eventually blocked me on WhatsApp. grin

6 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Talk2Bella(f): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2017
grin i know how it feels for someone u dont like to call you sweetie cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by confistified(m): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2017
Maybe her oga is a married man or not good looking or she is married cheesy
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Donjazzy12(m): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2017
bilms:
Lady quite job because her boss calls her sweetie

A lady, who goes by the name Sarah Mcgovern on social network site Facebook, has quite her job over what she described as harassment and persistently being refereed to as sweetie by her boss. Sarah took to Facebook on December 7th 2017 to narrate her experience. She wrote: I don't post many deeply personal things online, but I want to share this. I quit my job about a month ago because of harassment. Below is my letter of resignation. I think it's important to share this truth, and to know that many of us will not tolerate the abuse. We can and should walk out. #metoo "Hi Elias, This is my letter of resignation, effective today, October 31, 2017, my last partial day of employment. Since the second day of my employment, on October 12, 2017, I have asked you not to call me "Sweetie." I have asked you not to call me Sweetie more than 5 times since then, and you have still not respected this request. I nearly walked out because of this last Tuesday, October 24, 2017. I stayed to give you one more chance, because you said you finally understood how important this request was, and that you would stop this specific behavior immediately and for good. You only agreed to this after I told you in anger and tears, ready to quit, how important it was that you stop. I was very upset not only from the name calling, but also because I knew you were discussing this dynamic with Tony, who just days before had come up and said to me, "Sarah and Sweetie both start with an S" - a completely inappropriate comment, seeking to instigate an upsetting situation for me, brought on by your behavior. Now, even after all of that, and with your own agreement to stop, this morning, October 31, 2017, you called me Sweetie again. This is unacceptable. I have never heard you call any of the men at your company "Sweetie," which shows that this is clearly only a behavior that you are directing at me as a woman. Your team is even aware of your poor treatment of new female employees. One team member actually told me, while laughing, that they take bets on how long "each one [referencing females] will last." That was shocking to hear, to say the least. For these reasons, I am resigning. Gender-based discrimination is one of the most overt and harmful ways you can create a hostile work environment, an environment that is very damaging to one's health and well being. This is what you have done, and I will not tolerate it. Please confirm your receipt of this letter, voice any disagreements that you may have. Please also send my final paycheck (for 45 hours, 40 last week + 5 today) to my home address at .... Street, Garden Grove, CA .... as soon as possible, and let me know once it is mailed. I hope in the future you are more careful in your treatment of others. It means more than you realize.

Sincerely,

Sarah McGovern"

This is pure madness! Calling someone sweetie is not sexual harassment but in the West where men foolishly lost all their rights because of pussy, anything a man does is considered as rape until the woman says otherwise.

8 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 21, 2017
During my housemanship, I had a consultant who usually called me "love", initially I was uncomfortable, but on asking my seniors, I got to realise that it was her nature to be sweet and kindhearted, and she reserved such names for junior docs under her who were diligent and trustworthy.
Bottom line: The context is what really matters

23 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by GOFRONT(m): 7:33am On Dec 21, 2017
Ordinary "Sweetie" wants to make her quit her job.

Maybe she is one of the microscopic few good ones that we hav left amongst many that are ever ready to do otherwise
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Diso60090(m): 7:33am On Dec 21, 2017
Abeg she don tired for the job i think say the man rape her or touch her or kiss her or eye contact her or fingerprint her or even body movement her if all this listed above nor happened then Ooni must hear this

1 Like

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 21, 2017
nkwuocha:

Possible
which possible ur acting as if u are a child
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by YINKS89(m): 7:34am On Dec 21, 2017
Hope she has gotten anoda job?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Konga Sacks Workers Every Six Months / 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / How Much Does A Veterinary Doctor Earns In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.