Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,403 members, 7,800,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" (27642 Views)

My Boss Calls Me All The Time. / Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) / Massachusetts Mother Quits Job After Claiming $758-million Powerball Jackpot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by obstead200(m): 9:43am On Dec 21, 2017
nkwuocha:

Possible.
Once upon a time I called a beautiful lady I was trying to date "baby".She told me plainly that I shouldn't call her such,as the right to that name calling is exclusively for her man.I called her yet again,she stopped talking to me,and eventually blocked me on WhatsApp. grin
u never stood a chance with that babe man.
U were not even friendzoned from day one
u were boycotted and being barely tolerated.
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by ndidibabe(f): 9:43am On Dec 21, 2017
anochuko01:
If I call you sweetie, its sure i have something for you.
if a lady calls me that, especially a Lady of my age, i feel somehow.
I'm that sensitive to words.
Na wha o...
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Emmahunk(m): 9:58am On Dec 21, 2017
The man should have stopped since she complained else I would have said that it might be innocent appreciation of the lady's dedication to work or something.
Thank you for sharing because I sometimes call my female colleagues and subordinates "my love" just as I call my daughters. Should have been offending some unintentionally. Wow.
Anyway California is a free Country but good jobs are not just lying around. You should have written him up instead of just quitting.

1 Like

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by anochuko01(m): 10:02am On Dec 21, 2017
ndidibabe:
Na wha o...
sweetie, wetin happen
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by nkwuocha: 10:29am On Dec 21, 2017
Diso60090:

Come beat me now since na tolerance

No time.
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by ndidibabe(f): 10:29am On Dec 21, 2017
anochuko01:

sweetie, wetin happen
I tire o. Common say dem call persin sweetie, im body dey shake...
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Tallysmallz(f): 10:33am On Dec 21, 2017
She is responsible for her actions. Ya all let her be. Smh!
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Diso60090(m): 10:37am On Dec 21, 2017
nkwuocha:

No time.

Come and take the one you left here i don't need it since you said you don't have any time left with you
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by iamrammy(m): 10:41am On Dec 21, 2017
ladies with principles still exist no doubt until they meet a good D*ck,why on earth will you quit a job cos of a pet Name?

1 Like

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by anochuko01(m): 10:45am On Dec 21, 2017
ndidibabe:
I tire o. Common say dem call persin sweetie, im body dey shake...
grin
well, that's how I'm wired.
I'm an introvert who has very few female friends and hasn't been in a relationship in six years.
so you can imagine why i feel that way.

BTW, you made me remember one ndidi back in command children school, yaba. very intelligent girl.
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by nkwuocha: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2017
Diso60090:

Come and take the one you left here i don't need it since you said you don't have any time left with you

Mtchew.
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Rainmaker69(m): 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2017
The West has taken this gender-discrimination bs too far. Anyone that is too fragile to work in the real world should go to a monastery or a nunnery. How do words equate violence or discrimination? Apart from the name-calling, does the boss treat her different or pay her different for the same work? The entitlement mentality of our generation is just astonishing. She has the right to quit and to discontinue work if she feels she can't go on, but to equate name-calling to violence is just laughable. Next thing she will say she's a transgender and anyone who doesn't address her as "they" is discriminatory.
Please get a life.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by KhalDroggo: 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2017
Donjazzy12:

This is pure madness! Calling someone sweetie is not sexual harassment but in the West where men foolishly lost all their rights because of pussy, anything a man does is considered as rape until the woman says otherwise.

Calling anyone by a name which makes them uncomfortable can never be justified. What if she is a married woman and her husband overhears another man referring to his wife as "sweetie?" That would mark the beginning of the end for that marriage.
Judging from most of the comments I've read here, Nigerians are a primitive and unsophisticated lot.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
bilms:
Lady quite job because her boss calls her sweetie
http://mrrightsng..com.ng/2017/12/lady-quite-job-because-her-boss-calls.html

A lady, who goes by the name Sarah Mcgovern on social network site Facebook, has quite her job over what she described as harassment and persistently being refereed to as sweetie by her boss. Sarah took to Facebook on December 7th 2017 to narrate her experience. She wrote: I don't post many deeply personal things online, but I want to share this. I quit my job about a month ago because of harassment. Below is my letter of resignation. I think it's important to share this truth, and to know that many of us will not tolerate the abuse. We can and should walk out. #metoo "Hi Elias, This is my letter of resignation, effective today, October 31, 2017, my last partial day of employment. Since the second day of my employment, on October 12, 2017, I have asked you not to call me "Sweetie." I have asked you not to call me Sweetie more than 5 times since then, and you have still not respected this request. I nearly walked out because of this last Tuesday, October 24, 2017. I stayed to give you one more chance, because you said you finally understood how important this request was, and that you would stop this specific behavior immediately and for good. You only agreed to this after I told you in anger and tears, ready to quit, how important it was that you stop. I was very upset not only from the name calling, but also because I knew you were discussing this dynamic with Tony, who just days before had come up and said to me, "Sarah and Sweetie both start with an S" - a completely inappropriate comment, seeking to instigate an upsetting situation for me, brought on by your behavior. Now, even after all of that, and with your own agreement to stop, this morning, October 31, 2017, you called me Sweetie again. This is unacceptable. I have never heard you call any of the men at your company "Sweetie," which shows that this is clearly only a behavior that you are directing at me as a woman. Your team is even aware of your poor treatment of new female employees. One team member actually told me, while laughing, that they take bets on how long "each one [referencing females] will last." That was shocking to hear, to say the least. For these reasons, I am resigning. Gender-based discrimination is one of the most overt and harmful ways you can create a hostile work environment, an environment that is very damaging to one's health and well being. This is what you have done, and I will not tolerate it. Please confirm your receipt of this letter, voice any disagreements that you may have. Please also send my final paycheck (for 45 hours, 40 last week + 5 today) to my home address at .... Street, Garden Grove, CA .... as soon as possible, and let me know once it is mailed. I hope in the future you are more careful in your treatment of others. It means more than you realize.

Sincerely,

Sarah McGovern"

http://mrrightsng..com.ng/2017/12/lady-quite-job-because-her-boss-calls.html
The only difference btwn this one and slowpoke is that she doesnt drip spit,
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Donjazzy12(m): 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2017
Sterope:
Secual harrasment is different from rape.

Calling someone sweetie is sexual harassment. Sexual harassment is an unwanted sexual advances. Besides, IT IS A WORK ENVIRONMENT. You don't call your colleague ‘sweetie, dear, darling'. What happens to calling them by their given names? You should be formal and polite not flirtatious and sweet.

How about the fact that she didn't appreciate the term and she made her feelings known several times but guess what he ignored it and even discussed it with a fellow colleague. That should not be acceptable. It can be very uncomfortable and awkward for the recipient.

So women who always refers to other women as sweeties and my love are sexually harassing them? If that is true, then every Nigerian young lady is a sexual harasser because I hear them call each other sweetheart every time.
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Donjazzy12(m): 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2017
KhalDroggo:

Calling anyone by a name which makes them uncomfortable can never be justified. What if she is a married woman and her husband overhears another man referring to his wife as "sweetie?" That would mark the beginning of the end for that marriage.
Judging from most of the comments I've read here, Nigerians are a primitive and unsophisticated lot.
Na your papa and mama dey primitive!
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by Sterope(f): 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2017
It has to be UNWANTED.

It is a form of bulllying. I don't like what you call me or what you do. You stop!!! You don't try to rationalise it the way you are doing. Also coming from a man to a woman in a workplace environment, it is awkward unless it is mutual

Donjazzy12:

So women who always refers to other women as sweeties and my love are sexually harassing them? If that is true, then every Nigerian young lady is a sexual harasser because I hear them call each other sweetheart every time.

1 Like

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by victorfad(m): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2017
She don use style give the guy address Go nack am gringringringrin
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by mikolo80: 8:23pm On Dec 21, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Oh you think everyone is like you without principles

She's clearly not a woman of easy virtues

Some ladies can't tolerate those kinda behaviour from men undecided
what does virtue have to do with stupidly resigning
will she resign from every job
she should go and start her own business
all she had to do was not respond till he calls her name
dumb snowflake she is
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by confistified(m): 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2017
unitysheart:

Chai, Mr Misunderstood
oga boss.... Compliments of the season
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by brownhawk: 2:49am On Dec 22, 2017
bilms:
Not all ladies are unprincipled.
yeah clearly. Nigeria :0
Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by unitysheart(m): 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2017
confistified:
oga boss.... Compliments of the season

I hail you boss.

1 Like

Re: Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" by confistified(m): 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2017
unitysheart:

I hail you boss.
same here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Konga Sacks Workers Every Six Months / 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / How Much Does A Veterinary Doctor Earns In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.