Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,883 members, 7,798,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (910431 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
Brightofficial:
Hello house....
Please do i have to write a standardized test before i get I-20 form?
Or can i write the test after the whole admission process
Use Common Application you will find schools that doesn't require any test
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Yommy247(m): 6:05pm On Jan 24, 2018
eddyme:

I also have same issue, are you able to rectify that now?
No bro... i was told to go get an affidavit. How bout you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EMMYLASHTINS(m): 7:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
Olamsanj:
Which school is NJCU ?
New jersey city university (no sat nd application fee) https://www.njcu.edu/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigwizzy001(m): 7:07pm On Jan 24, 2018
If you applied to school that doesn't require WES as claimed, how will you go about your evaluation? I mean how will you convert your result on the scale of 5.0 to 4.0 or are you going to send it to them the way you collected it from your Naija school?
And by the way, what's the name of the school?

sheke01:

How long depends on your school and how seriously you follow them up. I started my WES evaluation last September. My school delayed and sent my transcript in October and WES sent it back to them for verification that same month. My school then went cold on the matter as Non academic staff went from one strike to another which is still ongoing. I had already given up on the whole stuff and applied to schools that did not request for WES evaluation only for WES to send me a mail yesterday that they have received the necessary documents needed and my evaluation would be completed by friday.
I dull shai, so ur case could be a whole lot faster is you follow up your school bumper to bumper
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
New Jersey City University

Olamsanj:

Which school is NJCU ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2018
SilentPistol:

And because it didn't work for someone else doesn't mean it won't work for him.

Does he stand a better chance preparing for the standardized exams & gathering his documents against Fall 2019? YES!

Can he still be admitted for Fall 2018 by some schools? YES! Only with much less probability. The earlier, the better. Not the end.

A lot can happen in one year, much more one year & 7 months! If he is really serious about coming here, can ace the standardized exams in few weeks, then I see no reason why he shouldn't give it a shot.

At the end of the day, we're solely responsible for our actions and inactions. I just want the man to reach a final resolve being aware that Fall 2018 is still possible. Inadequate financial planning is a totally different argument.
A friend is discouraging me from coming to US without at least getting funded by school or self. How feasible is getting a loan or funding on arrival in school. I would not even mind being funded by a tier 3 school. American dream must be fulfilled o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by SilentPistol: 8:42pm On Jan 24, 2018
Glocal1:
A friend is discouraging me from coming to US without at least getting funded by school or self. How feasible is getting a loan or funding on arrival in school. I would not even mind being funded by a tier 3 school. American dream must be fulfilled o

Loans are not advisable. Nothing beats having enough personal funds that can last you for at least two semesters, or being fully funded by the school or any other organization.

However, if you're still interested in loans, you'll need a US citizen or sometimes a permanent resident to stand as your guarantor before you can be issued a loan. It's usually payable only to the school towards tuition & other academic expenses. That means typically, you will still have living expenses to worry about if you aren't funded or working here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2018
SilentPistol:

Loans are not advisable. Nothing beats having enough personal funds that can last you for at least two semesters, or being fully funded by the school or any other organization.

However, if you're still interested in loans, you'll need a US citizen or sometimes a permanent resident to stand as your guarantor before you can be issued a loan. It's usually payable only to the school towards tuition & other academic expenses. That means typically, you will still have living expenses to worry about if you aren't funded or working here.
Thanks bro, the guy is now a citizen or PR as d case may be. He was telling me theres no bro or sister in USA. Sensing my desperation when i mentioned getting a study loan; he told me im not a citizen or PR. Which school are you bro, and do they fund from d onset. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:42pm On Jan 24, 2018
Glocal1:
Thanks bro, the guy is now a citizen or PR as d case may be. He was telling me theres no bro or sister in USA. Sensing my desperation when i mentioned getting a study loan; he told me im not a citizen or PR. Which school are you bro, and do they fund from d onset. Thanks

Yeap no brother and sister... hardly anybody who co sign a loan for another so it best to get your funding sorted before u leave or remain in naija . To be stranded abroad is not easy at all .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Fortune109: 9:51pm On Jan 24, 2018
femi312:
I have no idea about international studies..Try to use google, just type 'master in international studies with 'us'

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Brightofficial(m): 9:55pm On Jan 24, 2018
cool... Thanks
Adeish:
Use Common Application you will find schools that doesn't require any test
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Brightofficial(m): 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
You can check out NJCU....they don't need standardized test or application fee

Oh.... Thanks mehn....I'll check it out now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:15pm On Jan 24, 2018
Aitonline:
House, with my ND, HND and PGD, how much to you envisage that WES can charge me?

Below $300 but I advise you use WesIcarp which is the best and you can always request for a copy any time for the next 10 years.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:17pm On Jan 24, 2018
bigwizzy001:
If you applied to school that doesn't require WES as claimed, how will you go about your evaluation? I mean how will you convert your result on the scale of 5.0 to 4.0 or are you going to send it to them the way you collected it from your Naija school?

Some schools do internal evaluation by themselves.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by SilentPistol: 10:24pm On Jan 24, 2018
Glocal1:

It doesn't matter the school I'm in. Tailor your search for schools to your program of interest. Ace your standardized exams, contact these schools beforehand about funding & get some funds before coming.

Don't put your hope on loans. You stand a chance of being assisted by a stranger than your African family members when you're stranded. That's how difficult it could be.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winzy(m): 11:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
Good day, people.
Please I want to ask.
1. Is it possible for someone that got BSc in Economics in a Nigerian University to study nursing in America?

2. What are the procedures and requirements where possible.

3. Is it strenuous or hard?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigwizzy001(m): 11:28pm On Jan 24, 2018
Can I get the list of those schools so I can send my transcript directly to them from my school without passing through WES?

Please do me this favour

CC Lagosismyhome
CC Folmus
CC twoods
CC other gurus

Walspring:

Some schools do internal evaluation by themselves.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by k199192: 1:13am On Jan 25, 2018
winzy:
Good day, people.
Please I want to ask.
1. Is it possible for someone that got BSc in Economics in a Nigerian University to study nursing in America?

2. What are the procedures and requirements where possible.

3. Is it strenuous or hard?

Thanks.
You want to do MSC nursing abi BSc nursing. If it's MSC nursing I don't think you can get in because you don't have any background in the sciences. If it's BSc nursing you need to be science inclined to get in to the pre nursing thing and I doubt you have that since you have economics as your first degree your waec should be arts inclined. And even if you get admitted another wahala will be embassy. What will you tell Oga vo that made you change mind from practicing economics. It will be difficult though. But no harm in trial.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Topiipii(m): 1:33am On Jan 25, 2018
bigwizzy001:

https://www.nairaland.com/4225931/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/25#63376351

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:41am On Jan 25, 2018
justwise , your attention is needed smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by SilentPistol: 6:51am On Jan 25, 2018
Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Floyd45(m): 7:30am On Jan 25, 2018
Good morning everyone, please I'll like to know what happens if one is not able to meet up with 6:45am appointment due to unforseen circumstances. Would such person be allowed to be interviewed with the next batch. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Teedawg: 7:31am On Jan 25, 2018
Don't forget to mention getting a girl pregnant and also child support part and then they charge you with rape
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Teedawg: 7:38am On Jan 25, 2018
Any person here with experience on investing back home ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ezychris(m): 8:50am On Jan 25, 2018
Hello bro justwise, please how do I go about getting admitted to a college HCC(Houston community college)
to be precise and also to get my visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (514)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.