Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (912905 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 13, 2017
what is the difference

thanks....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by omoluabiguy: 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2017
jagaban17:
Thanks. Please do you know the email ? Been looking for it..

lagoscons2@state.gov

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
Time2Smile:

This is not the correct way to approach GRE, your exam is already close and you are just asking for soft copy. GRE is all about assiduous and smart preparation. You might want to postpone the exam if possible.

You will find almost all materials you can possibly need here http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-ii97JplpxMdzhHNnYxSUlPOEE All the best.
thanks bro hmmm God help me let me go n try my luck.I am trying to meet up with fall 2018.I was more concerned with Ielts/toefl bcuz I thought I was going to apply to schools in Australia.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2017
brightdocare:
good day ...all
I'm a HND holder planning to apply for post graduate diploma.., but am seeing Post Baccalaureate....
what is the difference?

and someone should please suggest should that for post graduate degree..

thanks....

Bros, this isn't Naija where there is discrimination against your diploma; your OND+HND == BSc. What you need to do first is evaluate your transcript for correct conversion. And then you can apply for MSc. with some sweet Federal $$ in funding grin grin grin. .... did you finish with distinction or upper?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bobmar: 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hello guys.. I need mockup in my life. My interview is next week. Just quote me and I will PM you or drop ur num let me add you.

Chai no be small thing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by angelanto8(f): 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hello Everyone! Please i just finished my year 1 at uni ilorin,will i be able to use my year 1 result to apply for transfer credit at a university in the U.S or in canada.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:42pm On Dec 13, 2017
angelanto8:
Hello Everyone! Please i just finished my year 1 at uni ilorin,will i be able to use my year 1 result to apply for transfer credit at a university in the U.S or in canada.Thanks
Well, some not so great schools would allow that, but you're better off starting all over again. We do a lot of secondary school coursework as freshmen here In Nigeria, so You won't have matching course requirement with most schools.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Drocks: 10:48pm On Dec 13, 2017
jamoyakz:
I feel you I have been there and I know how it feels slightest mistake can dent ones chances.... in all we should give thanks to God
thanks brother

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Hopeful17: 10:54pm On Dec 13, 2017
shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tomisinobm(m): 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2017
angelanto8:

you could try your luck, i know someone that was able to get 24 hours waived off, which is almost a year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ProfOjah1234: 4:13am On Dec 14, 2017
oyeleye22:
I have been a silent follower and my visa was approved this morning in Lagos. @Toomuchsauce thanks for the attention and guidance all the way from GRE preparation till the end.

V.o- good morning
Moi- good morning
Vo - where are you going
Moi- Texas a&m university kingsville for my masters in agricultural science
Vo- how did u hear about this school
Moi- a friend recommended it and my fiancee's bro who finished from university of Maryland confirmed its a good school.( kinda stammered here)
Vo- what did you study as an undergraduate
Moi- agricultural economics
Vo- what year did you get this degree
Me-2014
Vo- what will agricultural science do for you
Me- During my final year in the university my research projeçt ' effect of credit utilization amongst small scale rural entrepreneurs'. I found out most of the agricultural businesses were owned by uneducated men, doing little or no research. I intend to have a cash crop farm and have a research institute where I can give knowledge to the uneducated.
VO- how did you get the scholarship
Me- my GRE and I also got an housing scholarship
Vo- what was your score
Me- 302 152verbal 150quantitative 3.0 analytical was bringing out my score sheet but she said I shouldn't worry that she doesn't need it
Vo- Did you write any English proficiency test
Me- My score on my verbal covered up for that
Vo- Sure that is expected

Vo- where do you work
Me- ---- I came in as PA but now I work as an office manager but she was barely listening to me here so I stammered o.
Vo-Who will be paying the rest of your fees
Me- my dad
Vo- what does he do
Moi- he is into---++++++----------
Vo- For now you are qualified for a visa. Placed my passport in the box. She gave me the white paper and circled where I will collect it

I am grateful to everyone giving back to the thread .

Is this Mosun?.. Seye's friend? OAU? Brandon Canada?. Wow! Congratulations!!.. Let me slide to your IG page codedly and say congratulations!!. Happy for you finally!!..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 6:10am On Dec 14, 2017
brightdocare:
good day ...all
I'm a HND holder planning to apply for post graduate diploma.., but am seeing Post Baccalaureate....
what is the difference?

and someone should please suggest should that for post graduate degree..

thanks....

To stand a better chance at applying, you need to do WES evaluation of your HND and ND degrees into a US equivalent bachelor's degree. Your HND and ND GPAs are very strong and you could come out to around 3.5/4.0 US GPA, making you very eligible to apply to US schools accepting WES evaluation directly for Master's degree.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jagaban17: 6:44am On Dec 14, 2017
Requesting an Expedited appointment ,one must first book a normal appointment which I didn't know and didn't do initially
Well thanks I've done it and I'm waiting for their reply. Appreciate.

aithusa:

.....do you want me to spoonfeed you?
Anyway, after opening the link & reading the requirement, go to the bottom of the page and click 'schedule an expedited appointment', then login with your details, it will take u to ur visa page. Finally, fill in d necessary details and attachment like I-20, admission letter,etc and write the reason(s) why u need a new date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 6:53am On Dec 14, 2017
Has anyone used GTBank naira card to pay application fee lately? I tried mine last night but it wasn't successful. Pla advise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 6:54am On Dec 14, 2017
Drocks:
thanks bro

Let's give the thanks to God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 6:57am On Dec 14, 2017
LagosismyHome:

No you don't need transit visa as long as you remain in the terminal and dont come out or pass through immigration control

Anyone with a valid USA visa does not need transit visa for UK and most European flights . I am 100 percent sure

This can only work if the transit is less than 3 hours but these flight do have long stay when connecting and most agency won't want to book you asking for transist visa if the duration for connecting flight is more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 6:58am On Dec 14, 2017
2theoptimist:
Ladies and gentlemen, Good morning.
Please i need a good advice. What if my school has resumed before my next interview at the embassy, What do I do?
and If they have resumed, how do I convince the VO that I will cope or meet up.
Thanks.

lol. You will need to exercise patience and get updated i20 for next semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 7:01am On Dec 14, 2017
sunshineluv5:
thanks bro I just noticed noticed GRE has a quantitative section which has to do with maths n this brought serious fear down my spine bcuz I have never been good in mathematics. Could my ielts alone earn me a full scholarship or partial scholarship in a school that accept the test?

It is well. Only ielts can't grant you that unless you want $1000 as scholarship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 7:02am On Dec 14, 2017
Upandup:

Congrats. Was approved on the 7th too. Yet to collect my passport. Pls how did they notify u it was ready? Mail or text? Or u just went to ur collection center (after 3 working days)?

An email will be sent to you via the email address you filled when filling your appointment and ds160 form.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 7:03am On Dec 14, 2017
mayowa94:
please house, is there a way to get admitted for both masters nd phd?

There is when you meet the school requirement for direct Phd.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 7:09am On Dec 14, 2017
midehi2:
Hello everyone, pls can someone enlighten me

Can a girl of 16yrs who just finished her secondary school with good result granted visa to USA to study Paediatrics, If yes, which possible university (affordable) what are the requirement for embassy, I mean where should one start from, pls tell me the procedures. I will really appreciate your kindly advice.

cc: Lagosismyhome
Twoods
Ability247

Sure she can get the visa. You get the full requirement for her course of study on the school website.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Hopeful17: 7:10am On Dec 14, 2017
Please those in UB. What should be filled on this boxes for school code when filing sevis form online

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 7:12am On Dec 14, 2017
oyeleye22:
Must my ticket be return or I can go one way.

One way but if you coming back for holiday buy return ticket.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by RAY12345(m): 7:12am On Dec 14, 2017
ekiee:
Hello people, I got f1 visa approval today, and I really need to post my transcript. To people yet to go for interview, just believe in yourself, not with what you see people do and blue sheets flashing around.
It's just a conversation, not a project topic to defend.
Vo: good morning
Me: morning
Vo: ur study plans?
Me: I plan to pursue my masters degree in telecommunication. And networking at florida international university, miami florida
Vo: why this course
Me: well, telecommunication and networking is a course that I've have great interest since my childhood, my grand mum often called it the sorcery from the western world, and learning the principles of wireless communication has been of huge interest, although I feel compelled now more than ever, with the introduction of the IOT(Internet of things), this seams to be a new wave that would have much applications across most industries and sectors, and FIU is currently the first university in the US to take IOT for undergraduate studies
Vo: did you write standardised test
Me: no, it was waved for applicants with GPA above 3.0 and with a convincing letter of intent.
VO: how many schools did you apply to
Me: well for full application, I applied only to FIU, but I applied to MNSU Minnesota, but my decision from FIU came through, before I could send my transcript to MNSU
VO: when did you graduate from university,
Me: may 2016
Vo: what have you been doing after nysc,
Me: currently I'm on my NYSC atm, to pass out December 24th (batch B stream 2)
Vo: what's your plans upon graduation
Me: to start up an IOT company here in Nigeria, I believe this would be a new wave, that would be high yielding
Vo: who would be sponsoring your trip
Me: my uncle
Vo: what does he do
Me: he is the co owner and CEO of XXXX, based in Houston texas
Vo: your visa is approved, and gave me white paper

This is my story, thanks family, u guys have been awesome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 7:16am On Dec 14, 2017
Hopeful17:
Please those in UB. What should be filled on this boxes for school code when filing sevis form online

Check your i20 you will see the school code there. It is under your school address or opposite school official contact.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ProfOjah1234: 7:19am On Dec 14, 2017
Hopeful17:
Check your i20, what to fill in is there..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 7:19am On Dec 14, 2017
learner007:
Has anyone used GTBank naira card to pay application fee lately? I tried mine last night but it wasn't successful. Pla advise

Really

I used mine few days ago.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 7:37am On Dec 14, 2017
jagaban17:
Hello People , Time caught up with me. My Admission to Tamuk came very late. To cut long story short, Tried to book appointment now and The next appointment date is February 2nd.

Resumption is Jan 15. What do I do now ?

Book first and then use it to request for emergency appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 7:42am On Dec 14, 2017
aithusa:

follow the link for booking expedited appointment
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-expeditedappointment.asp

The easiest way is to book date first and by the left hand corner of the appointment website it will load emergency appointment as long as he already booked a date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Hopeful17: 7:48am On Dec 14, 2017
Thank you so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by RAY12345(m): 7:55am On Dec 14, 2017
Messibliss207:
Hello fam. You guys are the bomb. My visa was approved this morning 13th... Lagos.
I got into Lagos yesterday and lodged at New World hotel in Obalande. It's less than 10 minutes to the embassy. I was interviewed by the black woman in window 4. She was sharing blue paper like biscuit. She denied my friend who I went with. Here's my transcript

VO: (smiling back at me) good morning ma'am

ME: good morning ma

VO: pass your passport and i20. Where are you going to in the US

ME: i'm going to Ball State University in Muncie Indiana

Vo: what's your major

Me: Computer Information Systems

VO: what's your highest degree

ME: BA English Language

VO: why the change to Computer Information System

ME: I caught a passion for IT while in the uni. And as the media director in school I had a lot to do with the computer. Also Nigeria is transferring her business processes from manual to automated so acquiring technical skills will make me remain relevant in the Nigerian business world. I hope to build business modules and softwares that will revolutionize the Nigerian business world. (she was nodding at this point so i continued) I hope to run projects with organisations like Andela that are promoting ICT to women in developing countries like Nigeria to close the gender gap between the male and females in the ICT field in Nigeria. This is because according to the Nigerian National Bureau of statistics, the ratio of male to female in the ict field in Nigeria is 3:1 so I hope to work with these organizations to run projects that will close this gender gap. (at this point she was smiling widely)

VO: how did you hear about Ball State University

ME: the first time I heard about ball state uni was at an education seminar in port Harcourt in 2015. (she nods in agreement like say she follow me go) Then my uncle also recommended it

Vo: (cuts in) how did your uncle hear about this school

Me: he stays in Indiana though in forte Wayne but he told me the school is one of the best in Indiana. (she nods) (I continued) I also carried out a research about the school and the community where ball state is situated

Vo: whos paying

Me: my uncle. He's a Medical Consultant and the CEO of

VO: (cuts in) oh the same person that recommended the school (I said yes and continued spilling my uncle's profile) why is he paying instead of your parents

Me: (smiling widely) he's actually paying back. My parents trained him in medical school so he decided to train me as a way of giving back

Vo: (smiling and nodding) what area will you specialize in

Me: information security system. This is because of the high rate of cyber crime in Nigeria. Actually someone close to me lost a huge sum to cyber crime recently.

Vo: what are some of the courses you will be doing
Me: business application development, Info security system ,computer networking for business, database management system.

Vo: do you do c++ or is not part of it
Me: c++ is for computer science major. The difference is while computer science major is concerned with technology and it's improvement, computer Information systems is concerned with technology as a strategic tool that promotes business.

Vo: I can see you're already working in the IT field, did you get some certifications?

Me: yes ma'am. I did a short course on Data and statistical Analysis and also on computer networking, Cisco networking to be precise
She kindly puts my passport in the basket and brought out the white paper (she kept it far away and was busy giving people the blue paper).

Na so I take Waka today. Thanks to @drocks and @Jerrypeacelinks you guys are too much. Jerry may God give you an approval moro. You're a really nice person. Thanks everyone... You guys made this happen. Lemme go to Balogun market and start my winter shopping. �
All glory to God.. He's so faithful. When you do your part (preparation) God will do his (grace). Bless you all

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.