Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (911444 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lakesyd32: 8:22pm On Apr 10, 2018
sweetmb4real200:

The gurus in the house will help provide suitable answers to this. Btw
Please do you have an idea if the school application process is still up for fall 2018?

the application for the fall of 2018 is closed in Feb 15
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
sweetmb4real200:
Please house, how are you to know if a school you are applying to will be redflagged? What should an individual look out for in the school to avoid wasting application fee

read the school wiki ........ it can give you insight if it a standard school or a one man one building school .
If it a public school then most likely not a redflag . That can be a start
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2018
Lakesyd32:
hello guys, pls, I was given an admission and a full scholarship in a university in US and will be going for the interview soon, do I still need to hold my statements of account even though I have funding from the school? and do I still need to have enormous amount in my acct for the interview cos I filled 'self' in the sponsor column while filling the DS160.

I don't think you have to provide any SOA since you are on scholarship
.... I emailed you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lakesyd32: 8:50pm On Apr 10, 2018
Chukason1:

I don't think you have to provide any SOA since you are on scholarship .... I emailed you
thanks bro, I replied your already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sweetmb4real200: 9:02pm On Apr 10, 2018
LagosismyHome:

read the school wiki ........ it can give you insight if it a standard school or a one man one building school .
If it a public school then most likely not a redflag . That can be a start

Thank you �� @Lagosismyhome , you’ve been an inspiration on this platform. With the lil time spent on NL, I can say I have been more busy reading your response via your profile on this traveling issue. Information is simply key.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 10, 2018
Lakesyd32:

thanks bro, I replied your already
replied ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by casid: 9:17pm On Apr 10, 2018
ajokeomopupa:

Which school are you going to?

Nova
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jatsay001: 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
hankMacoy:
I want to pay for my i-20 receipt. It's proving impossible via paypal. Pls I need help to get it done immediately

I can help you pay... i need naira for dollar. Pm me

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by salo4resolute: 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
TWoods:

Hello guys, is it possible to tell consular, u just got married, for f1 visa class interview, as u use to b single while applying for the school masters in buiz admin.
America has no such law. They have an F2 visa that allows you to take your family but there is no law that says that you are entitled to the F2 visa. If you went to court based on that, you will lose. As you said, it is the discretion of the VO to issue the visa... he will issue the visa based on how much ties your family has that will compel them to return to the country after your studies, not on how much the separation is hurting them.

Bottomline, a non immigrant has no rights to a US visa. That has been made clear by the courts time and time again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
Lakesyd32:
hello guys, pls, I was given an admission and a full scholarship in a university in US and will be going for the interview soon, do I still need to hold my statements of account even though I have funding from the school? and do I still need to have enormous amount in my acct for the interview cos I filled 'self' in the sponsor column while filling the DS160.

Yes you still need to go with one because sometimes the VO might still ask to see it to confirm that you have a financial backup just in case you lose your scholarship. So go with one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sweetmb4real200: 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
olukunlemuy:
I must confess that I for one gained admission to an MBA program with full funding and I didnt even know what study abroad was until I came in touch with Scholastica16. Took his advice hook line and sinker and it worked for me.

Just worthy of note since this same course is the subject of argument here. The positive though is that through this, more light has been shed on the subject and a lot of people can learn from it

There are so many behind the scenes in choosing a school, funding and G.As that are not posted on the pages of school websites and my journey in this same regard for the past couple of months have been very challenging but rewarding. Had to quit my job at some point and focus squarely on my plans. Many of the decisions I took worked for me. I guess everyone just has to find his own path based on different advice from different places.

Though I'm known to always aggressively stick my neck out for courses I believe in, which turns out to be cantankerous in effect at times, I think you guys should just maintain a state of halcyon and let's focus on helping others achieve what we have achieved.

Congrat , it’s quite fulfilling reading this. I plan applying for mba also in the states ,I’m new on NL, reading threads after thread which can be quite challenging .I will like to be tutored by you in your own lil way by letting me know what to watch out for, the teat needed And getting full funding and the necessary test that attracts such. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 11:03pm On Apr 10, 2018
Lakesyd32:
Please what school is that and is it undergraduate?

I would send you a PM, please reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justine94(m): 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2018
hello Guys.. am new on this thread..I need help on how to apply for schools that offers a masters degree programme in either risk management or public relations..just completed my Nysc scheme late December last year .studied Accountancy.. had 2:2 grade.my uncle who owns a Advertising firm in Lagos is the one sponsoring my masters,which I will occupy a post in the firm when am done with the programme..so I need a break down of things to put in place in terms of exams to write..documents, good schools to apply for..part my uncle will play on the visa process.. I will like to begin so as to finish everything up b4 January 2019 academic year starts...Thanks in Advance.. any help will be needed .God bless

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 11:52pm On Apr 10, 2018
johnsonpal:
People should be careful of some "charitable" 50% off and Lesser GRE & TOEFL registration fee payment, SOME of the payment are been done with stolen credit cards. A friend's result was canceled 6 months after writing. " Awoof they run belle" Y'all better be careful.

You are right and not everyone are like that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 11, 2018
Olalekank:

Thank you!
Please any idea of which of these schools offer full scholarship?

All schools offer full scholarships to deserving students. You must ace high SAT scores for undergraduate program or high GRE scores for postgraduate program to be eligible for full scholarships.
Then again, if you're going for graduate studies, apply for teaching assistantship (TA) or research assistantship (RA). This coupled with high GRE scores will give you full scholarship and they'll be paying you monthly for your upkeep. Go to Google and search for schools yourself. Blessings!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 12:52am On Apr 11, 2018
Felixsun20:

All schools offer full scholarships to deserving students. You must ace high SAT scores for undergraduate program or high GRE scores for postgraduate program to be eligible for full scholarships.
Then again, if you're going for graduate studies, apply for teaching assistantship (TA) or research assistantship (RA). This coupled with high GRE scores will give you full scholarship and they'll be paying you monthly for your upkeep. Go to Google and search for schools yourself. Blessings!

Thanks bro!

I actually did do some search and sent a mail to the schools personally. Many of them replied in the negative that they don't offer full scholarship much to my disappointment.

I would be applying for an undergraduate program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 11, 2018
Olalekank:

Thanks bro!

I actually did do some search and sent a mail to the schools personally. Many of them replied in the negative that they don't offer full scholarship much to my disappointment.

I would be applying for an undergraduate program.

Oh did you ask them if they offer full scholarship to undergraduates? grin shocked
They'll just swerve you away o, don't ask that in your mail. Every information about scholarships is on every school website/portal, go to the sites and see conditions/eligibility for undergraduate scholarship. The truth is if you score high in your SAT, they'll be the one to inform you whether you've been given scholarship or not based on your high SAT scores. Don't be the one to ask.
Blessings

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 1:17am On Apr 11, 2018
Felixsun20:

Oh did you ask them if they offer full scholarship to undergraduates? grin shocked
They'll just swerve you away o, don't ask that in your mail. Every information about scholarships is on every school website/portal, go to the sites and see conditions/eligibility for undergraduate scholarship. The truth is if you score high in your SAT, they'll be the one to inform you whether you've been given scholarship or not based on your high SAT scores. Don't be the one to ask.
Blessings
grin Lol.
Thank you for the info.

Please does the high school transcripts matter when giving scholarships. I didn't really do well in high school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by arilewo(m): 1:40am On Apr 11, 2018
I am a silent follower of this particular topic. Please I need information concerning M.S/PhD Chemistry program of the Mississippi State University Starkville. Please anyone schooling there or who have information about the place should reply or pm me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:12am On Apr 11, 2018
Olalekank:
grin Lol.
Thank you for the info.

Please does the high school transcripts matter when giving scholarships. I didn't really do well in high school.

Omo Science Student grin wink
Your SAT score is the major/primary determinant of your scholarship right now. Every other thing is secondary.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 3:16am On Apr 11, 2018
sweetmb4real200:

Thank you for the response. Gone through some threads and I can see some responses such as the school is a red flag school. my question is, how will you know a school capable of getting a red flag?

A very easy way is to use google. Add the word "ranking" to the name of a school and google it. For example, If you want to find the ranking of Boston university, you'll google Boston university ranking. The very first result will tell you the ranking of the school. If no ranking shows up, it's probably a one building school and should be avoided.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lakesyd32: 6:10am On Apr 11, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Yes you still need to go with one because sometimes the VO might still ask to see it to confirm that you have a financial backup just in case you lose your scholarship. So go with one.

thanks alot. I should hold it then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lakesyd32: 6:17am On Apr 11, 2018
Olalekank:
Please what school is that and is it undergraduate?
I would send you a PM, please reply.
it's not undergraduate, it's PhD.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Quoran: 7:00am On Apr 11, 2018
Lakesyd32,From my findings, Ordinarily, you don't need a statement of account for a student visa. It is assumed that the school has done their homework and checked the document before issuing an I-20. It just depends on what they have written on the I-20. However, some VOs ask for it (Not so many , going by the transcripts posted here). I guess some just ask when they are trying to convince themselves that you are a genuine student.

So, I really don't think you have anything to worry about. I am in the same situation. I will just go with the statement I have though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by orimahspence: 7:40am On Apr 11, 2018
justine94:
hello Guys.. am new on this thread..I need help on how to apply for schools that offers a masters degree programme in either risk management or public relations..just completed my Nysc scheme late December last year .studied Accountancy.. had 2:2 grade.my uncle who owns a Advertising firm in Lagos is the one sponsoring my masters,which I will occupy a post in the firm when am done with the programme..so I need a break down of things to put in place in terms of exams to write..documents, good schools to apply for..part my uncle will play on the visa process.. I will like to begin so as to finish everything up b4 January 2019 academic year starts...Thanks in Advance.. any help will be needed .God bless

I pm you already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lakesyd32: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2018
Quoran:
Lakesyd32,From my findings, Ordinarily, you don't need a statement of account for a student visa. It is assumed that the school has done their homework and checked the document before issuing an I-20. It just depends on what they have written on the I-20. However, some VOs ask for it (Not so many , going by the transcripts posted here). I guess some just ask when they are trying to convince themselves that you are a genuine student.

So, I really don't think you have anything to worry about. I am in the same situation. I will just go with the statement I have though.

thanks, I think this settle it all.
All the best bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2018
Quoran:

He is not worried; he just wanted to be sure. You both should go with your personal statements as long as they cover your personal expenses. If the VO asks, give; if not, bring it home. Just make sure its genuine in case you are put on AP for verification.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Quoran: 9:29am On Apr 11, 2018
Cheers bro.
Lakesyd32:

thanks, I think this settle it all.
All the best bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 10:32am On Apr 11, 2018
lincoffm:
Wishing all TOEFL ,SAT & GRE Applicant success in the forthcoming Tests,

TOEFL , SAT & GRE Discount still ON!

Note; Pls this is only for serious candidate willing to write any of the standardized tests. Email for serious deal ONLY !!

Regards,
How much is the TOEFL?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aitonline(m): 11:39am On Apr 11, 2018
LagosismyHome:

There is another tread where VO addresses questions. It might be best to ask the VO if a visa given in December 2016 can still be used almost 2 years later

I know if you defer within a year but 2 years seems like a lot. Make sure this confirmed with a VO or if you see the rules online in order not to run into denial at POE.

Regarding 3 months... that a big no. It 30 days to be resumption
kindly provide the link to that thread where one can ask questions directly from VO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:48am On Apr 11, 2018
Aitonline:
kindly provide the link to that thread where one can ask questions directly from VO

I posted it few days ago .....
https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening/225

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (514)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.