Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,157 members, 7,807,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (912662 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by wykcool(m): 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2018
[quote author=Walspring post=66605081]

You are right and not everyone are like that[quote]
Kindly check your email Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by arilewo(m): 1:09pm On Apr 11, 2018
Please nairalanders, I need your input.

I am a silent follower of this particular topic. Please I need information concerning M.S/PhD Chemistry program of the Mississippi State University Starkville. Please anyone schooling there or who have information about the place should reply or pm me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2018
Felixsun20:

Omo Science Student grin wink
Your SAT score is the major/primary determinant of your scholarship right now. Every other thing is secondary.
As in ehn. All those further maths E and D no be from here.

Thanks, do you think a score of 1,500 can land one a full scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by YoungTesla: 2:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
Good day y’all, I have been admitted to a number of schools, though none of them offered full funding, but some of them offered tuition waivers to a reasonable percentage.

Now my question is, can I obtain my I-20 from lets say 2 of these schools just to compare the final cost stipulated in them or I’m only entitled to one I-20 from one school at a time?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
YoungTesla:
Good day y’all, I have been admitted to a number of schools, though none of them offered full funding, but some of them offered tuition waivers to a reasonable percentage.

Now my question is, can I obtain my I-20 from lets say 2 of these schools just to compare the final cost stipulated in them or I’m only entitled to one I-20 from one school at a time?

Thanks.
Ofcourse yes, you can get as many i20 as yoy want but you can only use 1 for visa application and interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2018
arilewo:
Please nairalanders, I need your input.

I am a silent follower of this particular topic. Please I need information concerning M.S/PhD Chemistry program of the Mississippi State University Starkville. Please anyone schooling there or who have information about the place should reply or pm me.
Go to the school website and read up, you can also search on linkedin for African/Nigerian/indian students in that department/School. Your chances of finding someone here is slim. Just type 'chemistry Missippi state, Nigeria' in the search bar, you can also switch the keywords ..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by YoungTesla: 3:00pm On Apr 11, 2018
femi312:
Ofcourse yes, you can get as many i20 as yoy want but you can only use 1 for visa application and interview
Alright, thanks for the reply Chief.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigwizzy001(m): 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
All the gurus in the house,

I'm looking at spring 2019 entry. I've not applied to any school yet. I want you to clear me of my worries .

1. Is it compulsory I sit for GRE before applying to the universities of my choice or can i apply to schools first and sit for GRE later(before or after my admission decision is made)?

2. If I write GRE by June, can I still get assistanceship against January 2019 entry?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:10pm On Apr 11, 2018
Olalekank:

In my experience scholarship is competitive so gpa such as Waec and high school transcript still play a key part , it not only SAT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2018
LagosismyHome:

In my experience scholarship is competitive so gpa such as Waec and high school transcript still play a key part , it not only SAT
Thanks, did you get a full scholarship ma'am
I sent you a pm, can you please reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AmALeo: 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2018
femi312:
Go to the school website and read up, you can also search on linkedin for African/Nigerian/indian students in that department/School. Your chances of finding someone here is slim. Just type 'chemistry Missippi state, Nigeria' in the search bar, you can also switch the keywords ..
Boss I sent you a pm, pls kindly refer. I have a question I want to ask, its a bit personal.
Thank you.
Pls big sis Lagosismyhome, you I sent a pm to you too. Your feedback is greatly needed. God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sweetmb4real200: 7:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
Please I need someone to help me shed more light on the possibility of v.o’s approving visa for an individual going to university of Idaho through there global student success program. The benefit of the g.s.s.p is that you are Not applying with either gre nor toefl ,the first two terms is for English courses and other pre masters subject. You tend to pay a deposit to book your seat before your I-20 can be issued to you. May I know if this is a credible way when presented to the v.o as I have done my research on the program and also the school. Please gurus in the house , help with this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Predstan: 8:30pm On Apr 11, 2018
I registered for GRE today and my test date is on hold until i know i can actually face the screen. I need someone to give me a study plan or redirect me to a page where it is already discussed extensively. I have downloaded all the materials online and i have the hardcopy of Kaplan's prep plus 2018. I want to devote two months for the preparation

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Shanid(m): 8:32pm On Apr 11, 2018
Predstan:
I registered for GRE today and my test date is on hold until i know i can actually face the screen. I need someone to give me a study plan or redirect me to a page where it is already discussed extensively. I have downloaded all the materials online and i have the hardcopy of Kaplan's prep plus 2018. I want to devote two months for the preparation

Thanks
let's study together .text me your whatsaap number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by drwrites: 8:36pm On Apr 11, 2018
Please house, is there any Fort Valley State University(FVSU) on here...kindly signify please.
I need help with something very urgent please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:42pm On Apr 11, 2018
Predstan:

Thanks

You can face it... � have no fear.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2018
AmALeo:

Boss I sent you a pm, pls kindly refer. I have a question I want to ask, its a bit personal.
Thank you.
Pls big sis Lagosismyhome, you I sent a pm to you too. Your feedback is greatly needed. God bless

Haven't checked pm in a very long time so bear with me
Cc Olalekank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by chinemomah2020(m): 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
Olalekank:

Thanks, did you get a full scholarship ma'am
I sent you a pm, can you please reply.

Laughhhh..Person wey don finish school since 19 kokoro grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bolubej: 9:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
Pls is there any PhD Public Health student in the house?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:04pm On Apr 11, 2018
chinemomah2020:

smiley cheesy grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 11, 2018
Olalekank:

E no easy o my bro grin, you'll be fine. With SAT score of 1500 combined with your high school grades you're on a good side. Just pray and hope for the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 11:18pm On Apr 11, 2018
chinemomah2020:

Choi. See life oo. She don finish before them even born me.
All is well, all is well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 11:45pm On Apr 11, 2018
Felixsun20:

E no easy o my bro grin, you'll be fine. With SAT score of 1500 combined with your high school grades you're on a good side. Just pray and hope for the best
Thanks bro. I'm hoping for the best. Abeg, shey going for the same course as undergraduate (computer science) wouldn't raise red flag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 12, 2018
Olalekank:

Thanks bro. I'm hoping for the best. Abeg, shey going for the same course as undergraduate (computer science) wouldn't raise red flag?
Do you have a B.Sc in Computer Science already? If yes, it's going to be a red flag going for the same course again; go for a masters degree instead if you have a first degree already and forget about starting a new program. Those VOs are very smart o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 1:52am On Apr 12, 2018
Felixsun20:

Do you have a B.Sc in Computer Science already? If yes, it's going to be a red flag going for the same course again; go for a masters degree instead if you have a first degree already and forget about starting a new program. Those VOs are very smart o
Wow. I'm finishing my degree in computer science soon... Choi.
My GPA won't be sufficient for a MSC. I intend to go for Computer science again (bsc) preferably in the US for reasons which are absurd.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by HoneyBronzed: 2:09am On Apr 12, 2018
Please has anyone (previous OPT F-1 students) here been back to Nigeria to get their H1B visa after their application got approved here in the US. What was the process like? Did you go for a visa interview? Or did you use the dropbox method.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigwizzy001(m): 4:53am On Apr 12, 2018
cc lagosismyhome
cc femi312
cc bigffancis etc

And all the gurus in the house,

I'm looking at spring 2019 entry. I've not applied to any school yet. I want you to clear me of my worries .

1. Is it compulsory I sit for GRE before applying to the universities of my choice or can i apply to schools first and sit for GRE later(before or after my admission decision is made)?

2. If I write GRE by June, can I still get assistanceship against January 2019 entry?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sweetmb4real200: 5:27am On Apr 12, 2018
Please I need someone to help me shed more light on the possibility of v.o’s approving visa for an individual going to university of Idaho through there global student success program. The benefit of the g.s.s.p is that you are Not applying with either gre nor toefl ,the first two terms is for English courses and other pre masters subject. You tend to pay a deposit to book your seat before your I-20 can be issued to you. May I know if this is a credible way when presented to the v.o as I have done my research on the program and also the school. Please gurus in the house , help with this .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:47am On Apr 12, 2018
HoneyBronzed:
Please has anyone (previous OPT F-1 students) here been back to Nigeria to get their H1B visa after their application got approved here in the US. What was the process like? Did you go for a visa interview? Or did you use the dropbox method.

H1b nice one...congrats

This would be visa interview and not Dropbox so same process with your F1 interview .... Dropbox go through the visa renewal program and it states

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visarenewinfo.html

You are not eligible for a visa renewal appointment if you meet any of the following criteria:
You wish to apply for a visa in a different visa class than your previous visa.
For example, you had an F-1 student visa, but now you wish to apply for an H-1 work visa.

For H1B interview in Nigeria , you can get more info here as there a section which talks about the supporting documents to take for the interview . Note you can also renew it in Canada and Mexico as well
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typework.asp

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:55am On Apr 12, 2018
bigwizzy001:

And all the gurus in the house,

Thanks in anticipation.

Depends .... normally I would sit for GRE Before paying an application fee especially for funding as a lot can depend on the score but can start the ground work and other preparation in advance

Not sure what you mean by sit GRE after admission. You can only do that if GRE is not required . I think your best guide is listing for yourself all application deadline both for admission and funding and then making sure you meet those deadline

Jan entry...possible but note that funding is significantly less in spring (jan) resumption. There are more opportunities in fall (August ) resumption

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lovelywings: 7:35am On Apr 12, 2018
Predstan:

Thanks

Go to Magoosh.com. Navigate to the blog, or where it says Study Plan. The blog is free to read.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by chinemomah2020(m): 7:53am On Apr 12, 2018
Olalekank:

Choi. See life oo. She don finish before them even born me.

All is well, all is well.

Laughhh.. Such is life. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.