Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (911402 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by liftmeGod: 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
pls my people in the house ,I am new into this forum, pls kindly tell me any university that accept HND for master degree in US ,pls I need ur assistant base on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 3:22pm On Dec 19, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Your result is good but not great so yes you need to take SAT if you are looking for funding . A high Sat will aid your application and then toefl depending on the school

There are a couple of Uni of Maryland campus so depending on which one . If it college park that one competitive . Instead of that Comminity college add some HBCU in the mix. Some have good full ride scheme . https://www.niche.com/colleges/search/best-hbcu-schools/ . Check Lincoln, howard etc

Out of curiosity with such a good result, why have you not done first degree in Nigeria in 5 years ... there so many Unis now

thanks ma'am..actually I had done my first degree...but my family wasn't financially buoyant enough to train me then...and there is nothing like financial aid or scholarship in Nigeria...I only joined my bro to work in his small scale business which has grown so big now..and buoyant enough to finance my education abroad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
bobmar:
Delayed this morning by the voltron in window 6

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma.

VO: Pass your passport and i-20
VO: Where are you going in the US?
Me; UIU in Fayette, Iowa for my Bachelors degree in Information Technology.

VO: Whats your highest qualification?
Me: HND in Computer Science

VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 schools. The University of Tulsa, Park University and Upper Iowa University.

VO: What is the cost of this degree?
Me: The total cost for 9 months is $43,804, got a scholarship of $10k and the cost is now $33,804(this include tuition, living expenses and all).

Do you really have this money?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
Vessi:
Hi all,
I'm a pharmacy student here and my school awards B Pharm upon graduation, I'm sick tired of this country and would want to practise in the US cause i want to hit big quick. I intend to obtain a Msc Scholarship in any of my 5 Honours but a discouraging news it that only the Pharm D certificate authorizes one to practise in the US. Meaning my Bpharm + Msc in US would be pointless.

That really true?

Slow down @bolded

A quick google search will give you the information you need

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Beautyaddy: 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
bobmar:
Delayed this morning by the voltron in window 6

Me; UIU in Fayette, Iowa for my Bachelors degree in Information Technology.

VO: Whats your highest qualification?
Me: HND in Computer Science

Me: 3 schools. The University of Tulsa, Park University and Upper Iowa University.

VO: What is the cost of this degree?
Me: The total cost for 9 months is $43,804, got a scholarship of $10k and the cost is now $33,804(this include tuition, living expenses and all).

VO: Who will be paying?
Me: My mum

VO: what do you like about this school?
Me: Apart from the fact that the program learning objective focuses more on creation and deployment of projects for her students to stand out in this ever changing world, some of the proffessors in d STEM department av contributed and they are still contributing to open source foundation and open network foundation.. and this is a kind of big deal because I will be learning from professors who eat and breathe tech on a daily. This will make me stand out in (she cuts). (Not done here.. she cuts)

VO: what courses will you be taking?
Me: Web systems, human computer interaction, network architecture, intro to programming, advanced programming lang, rational problem solving among others.

VO: What will you be doing with this degree?
Me: After the successful completion of my course, I will be coming back to Nigeria to start an IT company that will be deploying viable solutions to problem facing major sectors in Nigeria that can be solved with tech. One of the solutions I will be working on is (she cuts) (Here I want to chat with her like explain.. tell her my plans and all but she cuts me).

VO:  Sorry you do not qualify for visa this time.  You can reapply.

Where did I go wrong? 

I was not stammering, was looking straight into her eyes.., talking boldly n loud, using hand gestures to explain things.. at some point she was nodding.

Before me, a guy was saying em em em to another VO and yet he gave the guy.  I thought they said if you stammer or shiver or something.. you will be delayed...

Man.. I give up.. like Im done with US. I will appreciate if she can tell me where I got it wrong instead of telling me sorry and all that shit.

Thanks to @jerrypeacelinks, @messibliss207, @softamy. Y'all tried for the poor boy. I dont think I can reapply again. This visa thing with US is a gamble ish. I cant be dashing Trump and his people my money.

This is a real gamble.

Lol! Are you for real? cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Beautyaddy: 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
Vessi:
Hi all,
I'm a pharmacy student here and my school awards B Pharm upon graduation, [b]I'm sick tired of this country and would want to practise in the US cause i want to hit big quick. [/b]I intend to obtain a Msc Scholarship in any of my 5 Honours but a discouraging news it that only the Pharm D certificate authorizes one to practise in the US. Meaning my Bpharm + Msc in US would be pointless.

That really true?

hahaha!

You seriously mean this?

**shakes head**
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bobmar: 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Lol! Are you for real? cool

How do you mean? Is it bad to express myself? Ya know if that is the truth? I cant do all but at least I have some major solutions in mind. Maybe I should av lied then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bobmar: 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2017
biikeys:

Do you really have this money?

Well, the money for the first year is down already.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
bobmar:

Well, the money for the first year is down already.

Down from 43k to 33k is really nothing. Don't let the $10k scholarship fool you-that's what private institutions do. The question should be, can you afford what's left. You don't want to find yourself in a fix. Why don't you look for a public university you can afford, or at least a top private school if going that route.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bobmar: 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
biikeys:

Down from 43k to 33k is really nothing. Don't let the $10k scholarship fool you-that's what private institutions do. The question should be, can you afford what's left. You don't want to find yourself in a fix. Why don't you look for a public university you can afford, or at least a top private school if going that route.

What I actually mean is that I already have the first year fee. Not talking about the scholarship and all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 19, 2017
Transcript .!. Visa just got approved .!.

New ID but an oldtimer.. been following since 2012.. since the time of mamacitas, Impe baba (pass me my fayrouz as mandem no dey leak stew smiley ), Nas, Deetus, Big francis, Twood, Jwise et al. this forum has been helpful to a lot and I hope it continuously help guide us all and those coming behind…

VO: Good morning Sir, welcome to Kingston

VO: so you are going to OKstate Vet college?
Me; yes, for my clinical year rotation.

VO: why are you here in Kingston for your visa approval?
Me: Kingston is my designated location for visa interview

VO: oh I see 3rd country..

VO: Who will be paying?
Me: Dad

VO: Do you have any evidence backing that

Me: Yes I have loan approval note and indemnity note by my sponsor to that effect .

VO: hold on let me go check something.. she took both documents went to consult a colleague for about 2 minutes.. upon return, she was going through the stamps of my previous visits to the U.S

VO: can you help me make sense of this? why is your school paying that large sum?

Me: We (Students) pay to my Vet School who in turn guarantees tuition payment to the affiliate Vet college(s) in the US to help ease the issue of transaction or any sort of delay.( i.e the vet school likes playing God…)

VO: do you have any form of official statement from your school or sponsor Statement of account.

Me: I only have an indemnity note from my sponsor alluding to repayment of the international student loan.

VO: asked about my sponsor occupation

Me: told her.

VO: Ok…upon completion of your program and license assessment what happens then?

Me: I have to head back to my Vet school in the Caribbean to complete my licensure assessment/requirement to Practise there and onward movement back to the Motherland for same license protocol.

VO: place your 4 fingers for biometrics…. So have you been arrested for any sort of crime?

Me: I was taken aback with that question, Like which of my doppelgänger has done me in? Responded NO...

VO: Okay, you have been approved.. how long are you here for?
ME: till saturday
VO: Come back in 2 days for your passport.

Good luck to those applying for spring ’18… can’t wait to get this

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by morgandy(m): 5:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
congratulation call we talk on phone if yes send your number to my mail blouis050@gmail.com
Mandem101:
Transcript soon .!. Visa just got approved .!.

(Acquiring 1 Acre of space)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 19, 2017
morgandy:
congratulation call we talk on phone if yes send your number to my mail blouis050@gmail.com

i would advise you don't waste credit. you can send a mail if you think it's too private . else,post your question if i can anwser i would gladly do so ASAP or we can get someone else on the thread to help answer accurately..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 6:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
bobmar:

What I actually mean is that I already have the first year fee. Not talking about the scholarship and all.

Okay..as long as you're fine with it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by labiowo: 6:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hello Nairalander,
I need your assistance, I received my I 20 yesterday and pay visa today and the resumption day is 16 th January,2016.Should I first booked for a date before requesting for emergency date? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lexzyg: 6:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
A silent follower, Delayed this morning by the window 1

Me: Good morning.

Me; am going to MSU, Kentucky

VO: What for ?
Me: master in organizational communication.

Me: 1 school. But will have apply to 2 more which are WKU and WMU .

VO: What will do degree do for you ?
Me: it will help to to restructure federal institutions communication process and organization as well.

VO: what will you be doing after the program?
Me: Consultant and researcher.

VO: am sorry you are not qualified.

Please help me out, I need to refire.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
Niv25:

thanks ma'am..actually I had done my first degree...but my family wasn't financially buoyant enough to train me then...and there is nothing like financial aid or scholarship in Nigeria...I only joined my bro to work in his small scale business which has grown so big now..and buoyant enough to finance my education abroad.

Cool....so why not target masters instead of redoing bsc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ekiee: 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hello house, I need some1 In miami or student of Florida International university that can accommodate me for a while as I sort my accommodation out..or better still some1 in search of a room mate to share bills with, I plan tto leave lagos 30th of December straight to MIA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Wolexy1212(m): 6:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
lexzyg:

Me: it will help to to restructure federal institutions communication process and organization as well.

Sorry about the denial but don't be too quick to refire. Have you considered why you were denied?
Your responses were cursory and you gave contradictory answers at the bolded. Think about all these so as not to waste another 64k.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ekiee: 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
lexzyg:

Well in my opinion, I want to say that you didn't explain yourself much, you just gotta keep talking, I stand to be corrected by men in the house
Men that were men since bfore I became a boy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 7:08pm On Dec 19, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Cool....so why not target masters instead of redoing bsc

nah ma'am you got me wrong...I said I wold have done my bsc, but there was no funding as at that time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lexzyg: 7:10pm On Dec 19, 2017
Please clarify me on that part you bold. School is resuming on 11th January 2018.
Wolexy1212:
Sorry about the denial but don't be too quick to refire. Have you considered why you were denied?
Your responses were cursory and you gave contradictory answers at the bolded. Think about all these so as not to waste another 64k.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lexzyg: 7:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
Please clarify me on that part you bold. School is resuming on 11th January 2018
Wolexy1212:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by smallsuper: 8:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hello house, anyone with the link to the interview transcript?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
I just evaluated my waec myself o,with @lagosismyhome's format....but its not even giving me up to a 3pointer,so if someone now pays WES for evaluation its still not going to help yield funding...abeg u guys shld help look into it,probably i made mistake in my evaluation process
Econs...C6
Geo...B2
Eng...C6
F/maths....C4
Biology...B3
Chem....B3
Mathematics...B3
Physics....B3
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Seriousbuyer: 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
chimsimdindu:

Congrats in advance! Ur case is just ur SEVIS record. I know it's not easy but try and relax. Hopefully u ll hear from them sooner than expected.

I believe you brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Titusnick: 9:56pm On Dec 19, 2017
Seriousbuyer:

I believe you brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by malory84: 10:07pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hello everyone. Happy Holidays! Congrats to everyone who got thier visa, and good luck to those still intending to get theirs. Please is there anyone here in George Washington University? I need some information on housing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jamoyakz: 10:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
lexzyg:

bro don't be too quick to reapply have you evaluated the reason for your denial?? did you take standardized test? were you very confident? this and many questions you ought to ask yourself before reapplying better still defer your admission to fall 2018 and work on your short comings.... peace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jamoyakz: 11:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
chief deetus were you at? I kindly need your assistance boss!!!! get in touch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tobilento: 1:11am On Dec 20, 2017
I am a graduate of Microbiology with the intention of applyif for a degree in Medicine in the USA, Pls can I get information on all that would be required of Me. Thank You

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (514)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.